Sign in to follow this  
Beerfish

I am so sick of Tiger Woods....

Rate this topic

He did well today at the British open, therefore that is all we are going to hear about for the next 6 months.

I don't know about the media coverage in the USA but here in Canada the typical golf report goes like this, 3 minutes of tiger highlights usually  making bogies, comments about tiger seeing some positives after making the cut and then if really lucky they will mention who is winning ng or who has won a tournament.

Now I could see this after this British open but this has been going on for 10 yeas no matter how awful he is he is the lead story and takes all the highlights.  Blech.

The problems are:

1) Golf sucks.

2) Tiger has been the only real draw to the sport in the mainstream for a 2-decade period. 

3) Golf sucks. 

Any game where there's real, actual arguments over whether a hole in the ground gets created by an animal or not, and that actually has an impact on the play, is not a real sport. 

Oh i don;t know, the good thing about games like golf an tennis is that if you do well you get paid if you do not do well you don't (unless you have won for years and get endorsments)

Unlike team sports were you can be mo wilk or revis and and sit on your fat ass all year and collect your 17 million because you were good a few years earlier

On 7/22/2018 at 2:41 PM, Beerfish said:

He did well today at the British open, therefore that is all we are going to hear about for the next 6 months.

I don't know about the media coverage in the USA but here in Canada the typical golf report goes like this, 3 minutes of tiger highlights usually  making bogies, comments about tiger seeing some positives after making the cut and then if really lucky they will mention who is winning ng or who has won a tournament.

Now I could see this after this British open but this has been going on for 10 yeas no matter how awful he is he is the lead story and takes all the highlights.  Blech.

Would you have watched if Tiger wasnt in it?  It's Tiger Woods.  He helped market the sport in a way that nobody has ever done before him and maybe ever will again.  So the story is Tiger Woods.  Nobody will even remember who won 10 years from now, but you would if Tiger won.  He was also absolutely amazing, doing impossible sh*t.  And it's a pretty big deal that he's not white in a sport that was basically 99% white.  A public child phenom who at his peak was as unbeatable as the sport has ever seen.  Golf especially, has had very few dominate players over its history like Tiger.  Basically, Jack and Tiger, that's it.  His fall from grace was epic and public.  

You watch because he does legendary sh*t.  Even in his loss that bunker shot he hit on the front was absolutely insane.  Nobody in the sport can do that sh*t.  And this dude just had his spine fused together just 7 months.  I thought he was going to punch out, play safe.  The angle, club speed, torque, and coil.  It's crazy.  Maybe you guys dont play to appreciate this but this is legit, impossible for 99.9% of the population. 

On 7/22/2018 at 2:43 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

The problems are:

1) Golf sucks.

2) Tiger has been the only real draw to the sport in the mainstream for a 2-decade period. 

3) Golf sucks. 

Any game where there's real, actual arguments over whether a hole in the ground gets created by an animal or not, and that actually has an impact on the play, is not a real sport. 

Cant hit a ball to save your life? 

23 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Still wondering how people watch golf. 

I occasionally golf and I feel the same way. It's like watching paint dry.

The problems are:

1) Golf sucks.

3) Golf sucks. 

Totally agree. It's not a real sport. Any "sport" where you have to be totally silent during a critical time or pressure situation is bogus. Can you see the NFL demanding that during a game winning FG attempt ?

On 7/22/2018 at 2:41 PM, Beerfish said:

Recently, when I caught the local news, they mentioned the leader in the tournament but had to add " and Tiger Woods is tied for 29th" . Who gives a rats a$$ about who is in 29th place? Or they'll mentioned " Tiger Wood didn't make the cut" . Seriously ? WhoTF cares? 

Golf is boring.  Spieth and McIlroy have the charisma of a cinder block wall.  Get used to Tiger obsession until he finally decides to retire

A little confused. Tiger is literally the only reason to watch golf.

I’m a big fan of the game, and enjoy playing. However, I can fully admit that unless one of the top few players is playing, it’s really hard to watch on TV.

But if Tiger is on? Cmon. He could be on having the worst game of his life, he’s still must watch TV.

The problems are:

1) Golf sucks.

3) Golf sucks. 

Point number 2 is correct.

Golf, tennis, and ice hockey are rich man sports that's prolly why they, "suck", to most. My body wishes I played only golf and tennis alone from age 5 to age 21 instead of fullback, linebacker, catcher and goalie.  Should have listened to mom I'd still be playing golf and tennis now.

On 7/26/2018 at 7:51 AM, Philc1 said:

Golf is boring.  Spieth and McIlroy have the charisma of a cinder block wall.  Get used to Tiger obsession until he finally decides to retire

Right remember Fuzzy, the Walrus, etc. smoking a boge while the play.... Gary Mccord, Peter Aliss characters make sport all around. Football has no characters for years now, sucks balls. ******* sad.

The average winners share of a tourny pre tiger was 300k

It's now over a million 

Every PGA tour player owes it all to tiger 

He made all of them richer and not by a little 

I love golf because it is chill. It helps me take a nice afternoon snooze 

I played a lot when I was younger and I love the strategy and the precision 

It's also hilarious to see the best players on the planet hit it in the hospitality tent 

It's so unique how it takes 4 days to decide a winner every week. 

It does suck when a guy with no personality wins 

Any sport sucks if you don't have a rooting interest 

Football is carrying a leather sack across a painted line 

On 8/6/2018 at 6:39 PM, Apache 51 said:

Point number 2 is correct.

Golf, tennis, and ice hockey are rich man sports that's prolly why they, "suck", to most. My body wishes I played only golf and tennis alone from age 5 to age 21 instead of fullback, linebacker, catcher and goalie.  Should have listened to mom I'd still be playing golf and tennis now.

Come on. I played football for over 40 yrs. from HS thru college and afterwards. The last 20 years flag till I was 59. Just got back from being crushed (4-6,3-6) in a tennis match but I was out there playing. Grab that racket, find someone to play and get out there. You'll be tired when you're done but it's a good kind of tired. I know you know what I mean. ;-)