Sam expected to sign 4 @ 30.25M with team option for 5th

ASH1962

2 hours ago, SayNoToDMC said:

I don't know why Mac would waste time with this. If we're ever in a position where offset language comes into play he'll be working as a barista 

That's his dream job.

image.png

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't think the 2 leaks the last 2 days were a big deal, but it could signal both sides telling each other that the love fest is over and nobody is getting a sweetheart deal 

I'm not reaching for a pitchfork until tomorrow 

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

How much time do you spend looking for pictures of blonde woman? When I’m not creeped out it’s pretty impressive. 

dear crush, hi !  ?.. just an fyi.. i've been told MANY times...  i'm VERY impressive  ?

4 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Manish’s “scoop” that Darnold is expected to sign for 4 @ 30.25M with a 5th year team option is no different than a “scoop” from April 20th that said the #3 pick in the 2018 NFL draft (whoever that maybe) is expected to sign for 4 @ 30.25 with a 5th year team option. 

THIS IS NOT A SCOOP OR INSIDE INFORMATION. ITS JUST FACT, THE 3rd PICK IN THE DRAFT WAS ALWAYS SLOTTED “EXPECTED” TO SIGN FOR 4 YEARS AT 30.25 WITH A 5th YEAR TEAM OPTION. 

Sorry for the all caps but you’re like the 10th person to post these reports as if it’s some real breaking news. It’s not. These have always been the “expected” numbers for the 3rd pick in the draft and every single 1st round pick since the 2011 CBA gets a 5th year team option.  

Its frustrating that Manish tweets this sh*t like it’s some sort of news and it’s frustrating that other news outlets pick up on this crap and spread it around like it’s some sort of news. 

Again....sorry.  

SORRY IF I PISSED YOU OFF. I HAVE A LIFE AND DID NOT REALIZE THAT SOMETHING SIMILAR WAS POSTED 4 MONTHS AGO.

54 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

SORRY IF I PISSED YOU OFF. I HAVE A LIFE AND DID NOT REALIZE THAT SOMETHING SIMILAR WAS POSTED 4 MONTHS AGO.

Dude..... it was posted yesterday and quoted several times. 

3 hours ago, Larz said:

I didn't think the 2 leaks the last 2 days were a big deal, but it could signal both sides telling each other that the love fest is over and nobody is getting a sweetheart deal 

I'm not reaching for a pitchfork until tomorrow 

Hoping he signs by tomorrow morning. I don't like the whole leaking information out,  especially if it's from the Jets end as the last thing management should want to do is f*ck with the kid. Management can easily damage the relationship with BS. We had the  consensus number one quarterback fall in our lap, don't screw with the kid, get it done.

I know there is the business side of things, and the agent can be pushing for who knows what but from the Jets standpoint why  possibly sour the relationship between our front office and hopefully our franchise quarterback. 

35 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Hoping he signs by tomorrow morning. I don't like the whole leaking information out,  especially if it's from the Jets end as the last thing management should want to do is f*ck with the kid. Management can easily damage the relationship with BS. We had the  consensus number one quarterback fall in our lap, don't screw with the kid, get it done.

I know there is the business side of things, and the agent can be pushing for who knows what but from the Jets standpoint why  possibly sour the relationship between our front office and hopefully our franchise quarterback. 

I had a bad thought 

What if his agent is making the case that he should have gone first? 

I know a lot of this stuff is slotted but I really can't even think of what the hold up could be 

Archived