Lupz27

Now I’m genuinely aggravated!

Rate this topic

Just now, Dcat said:

"value" is irrelevant.  This isn't about the amount of money.  That is already decided by the slotting rules.  This is about when the payments are made and/or offset language.

I can't imagine it's really about when the payments are made, the money is all fully guaranteed. I think it has to be offset language, which both sides need to realize doesn't matter in this instance.

1 minute ago, msena88 said:

I can't imagine it's really about when the payments are made, the money is all fully guaranteed. I think it has to be offset language, which both sides need to realize doesn't matter in this instance.

Time value of money. 25 mil today > 25 mil in five years.

You can also dispute money that hasn’t been paid of Darnold does something that the jets consider a breach of contract.

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

I assume this was after we gave Trumaine Johnson $72 million.

only $45 million is guaranteed.   High priced for sure but he is one of the league's top CBs.  Nobody got shafted on that contract.  Steep but within reason, IMO

Just now, nico002 said:

Time value of money. 25 mil today > 25 mil in five years.

You can also dispute money that hasn’t been paid of Darnold does something that the jets consider a breach of contract.

The only timing they're talking about is the signing bonus, most guys receive 100% of that fairly quickly so inflation isn't a big deal at all. The arguments are typically timelines of all of it right now or some now and some 6 months from now.

17 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

From the Joey Bosa hold out who was also the #3 overall pick, and repped by CAA.

But the fact is, every No. 3 overall pick since 2012 has either had no offset language or no signing bonus deferral.

So this is probably the disagreement going on, and CAA is citing this, not what Mayfield, Barkley, and Allen did with their deals.  And the Chargers were widely considered the wrong party, and responsible for the hold out so let’s wait till we have the facts before we start throwing shade at Darnold.

you are ignoring the reality of what heppened with Allen, Sexton and the Bills.  The clear difference between the two situations was Allen's demanding he get it done so that he could be in camp on time.  If you know of other differences in the 2 situations, please post.  Otherwise, common sense dictates that this is Darnold letting Sexton do what he wants, unlike what Allen did.  

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

you are ignoring the reality of what heppened with Allen, Sexton and the Bills.  The clear difference between the two situations was Allen's demanding he get it done so that he could be in camp on time.  If you know of other differences in the 2 situations, please post.  Otherwise, common sense dictates that this is Darnold letting Sexton do what he wants, unlike what Allen did.  

#3 overall pick VS #7 overall pick, and the fact no #3 overall pick has not gotten one, or the other why should Darnold be the first to cave (again who knows if that’s what’s going on here just an example, and reason why you can’t throw shade at Darnold), CAA would lose clients if their client the #3 overall pick is the first #3 overall pick to ever give in to this, I’d also go as far as CAA saying we are not caving, if you want to cave your gonna do it without us because they would lose more money in the future then what they will make off Darnold.

But again we don’t know the details so we can’t throw shade until the details are released.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

#3 overall pick VS #7 overall pick, and the fact no #3 overall pick has not gotten one, or the other why should Darnold be the first to cave (again who knows if that’s what’s going on here just an example, and reason why you can’t throw shade at Darnold), CAA would lose clients if their client the #3 overall pick is the first #3 overall pick to ever give in to this, I’d also go as far as CAA saying we are not caving, if you want to cave your gonna do it without us because they would lose more money in the future then what they will make off Darnold.

But again we don’t know the details so we can’t throw shade until the details are released.

Baker and Saquon both signed with offsets in their contracts. I understand it hadn't happened yet before, but this cut the legs out from under Darnold and his camp. It sucks to say but if you're Darnold, if you're going to miss 1 you might as well hold out until Jets cave. No sense in missing any time at all if your mindset is well if they don't budge in a week I'll just sign.

7 minutes ago, msena88 said:

Baker and Saquon both signed with offsets in their contracts. I understand it hadn't happened yet before, but this cut the legs out from under Darnold and his camp. It sucks to say but if you're Darnold, if you're going to miss 1 you might as well hold out until Jets cave. No sense in missing any time at all if your mindset is well if they don't budge in a week I'll just sign.

Both Mayfield, and Barkley got their signing bonus in full up front in exchange for offset language, again Bosa held out because the Chargers wanted to spread the bonus money out, AND have offset language something no other #3 pick has ever agreed to since the new CBA, and If the Jets are trying to pull this then its on them, time will tell.

JetdickheadsFO are lucky as sh*te sam fell to us.

penny wise pound foolish pseudoexecutives. 

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Both Mayfield, and Barkley got their signing bonus in full up front in exchange for offset language, again Bosa held out because the Chargers wanted to spread the bonus money out, AND have offset language something no other #3 pick has ever agreed to since the new CBA, and If the Jets are trying to pull this then its on them, time will tell.

Whatever the disconnect is, both sides are being extremely penny wise and pound foolish.

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

so the Jets should be the only team in the top 10 of the draft to cave in on "offset" crap?  Sorry, but I don't agree here. Put this on Darnold, not the Jets.  Darnold should just tell his agent to do what Mayfield, Allen and even Rosen did.  He somehow feels he has to this differently from the other 1st round QBs?  Why?  ANd Sexton represented Allen and Allen is in camp on time.

No, Darnold shoud do what is best for his long term future.  Not what fans are whining about for an extra day of no contact  parctice.

6 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I just wish we had ANY idea as to what was going on. No real rumors or speculation. We are completely in the dark on what was supposed to be a great day after the most boring part of the football offseason. I’d rather it go back to being boring than being annoyed at this. Bottom line, this should not have happened. Someone is a d*ckface and that’s just JETS luck. 

41 minutes ago, Dcat said:

"value" is irrelevant.  This isn't about the amount of money.  That is already decided by the slotting rules.  This is about when the payments are made and/or offset language.

Exactly! When Darnold gets paid his agent gets the cut!

10 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Ian Rapoport ✔@RapSheet

The #Giants have agreed to terms with first-round RB Saquon Barkley on his four-year, fully guaranteed contract worth $31.2M, source says. He has a $20.76M signing bonus with $15M paid out immediately — the most in several years. He gets the rest by October. Rookies report today.

55 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

OK

LOL. Consensus #1 in the draft. Just turned 21. IF he wanted to play hardball, he could just sit out, keep practicing with Jordan Palmer, and Elway himself out of here. That would really be the final nail in the Jets coffin and would make the ButtFumble or the fake spike look like fond memories. 

The longer this goes on, the worse it is for the Jets. 

funny but would NEVER happen....that my friend is just gobbledegob

Day officially ruined, most excited I’ve been about a Jets TC ever, 2-6 pm hours at work were gonna be a breeze reading about Darnold, and stuff now I’m bummed, and work is gonna drag hard the rest of the day 😢

6 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

First practice is in 6 hours, I seriously doubt even if he signs that contract between now, and then that Sam practices today, this ******* team (I know it will not be a long dragged out thing, but drafting Sam was the first great thing this team has done in forever to put a sour taste in your mouth now is just so aggravating).

Are you people for real? 

He’s on the fcking team. Jesus Christ people, when was the last time some of you had something serious to concern yourselves over. We have the future franchise player of lifetime. Now you’re gpnna bitch that he’s isn’t camp fast enough?

Perspective is lost on this fan base 

Just now, Paradis said:

Are you people for real? 

He’s on the fcking team. Jesus Christ people, when was the last time some of you had something serious to concern yourselves over. We have the future franchise player of lifetime. Now you’re gpnna bitch that he’s isn’t camp fast enough?

Perspective is lost on this fan base 

No pads until Sunday to boot. So just another mini-camp type practice

that may be the risk they take by picking a qb or any player so high but the jets seem to be in the right.  why should they be on the hook for guaranteed money if the player isn't on the team?  and what does it say about darnold's (or probably his agents) confidence of being a top flight nfl qb?  it's things like this that ruin the game.

56 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

I never thought that I would be taking the Jets side on this, but it appears that Darnold and greed are to blame. 

No way. It's business and all about leverage. The Jets traded a bunch of draft capital to move up to secure Darnold, our supposed QB hero after decades of disappointment. Plus Barkley signed with the Giants. The optics are far worse for the Jets than Darnold. 

I'll never take the side of the shady billionaires (NFL owners). 

1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

name a talented 1st rounder that Mac has picked?

Lets start with drafting Leo, who was the consensus "best player in the draft"?  

I think Sam is asking for a Fully Guaranteed contract. That is a Owner precedent issue and ONLY thing I can see stopping Jets from showing off their Golden Child on Opening of Camp.

Just now, SouthernJet said:

I think Sam is asking for a Fully Guaranteed contract. That is a Owner precedent issue and ONLY thing I can see stopping Jets from showing off their Golden Child on Opening of Camp.

Every 1st round draft pick has their contract fully guaranteed, it’s all about language, and bonus payment schedule.