Training Camp Day One 7/27 Updates #JetsCamp

Maxman

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

this whole thing is a buzzkill.  i know darnold could get signed tonight, but if this drags i believe bowles will use it to keep him on the bench.  

Not sure how that related to Hodges..Anyway, then Darnold should sit unless he proves he's ready.  But he's going to play. Which week, who knows. But you just don't play him week 1 because he was the #3 pick. Not w/this fanbase and media.   

Tweets

Crowell fires up the offense with a crazy quick cutback #Jets

Thomas with a nice grab out of the backfield .. looks like put on some serious size for a fullback #Jets

1 retweet

Lawrence Thomas hauls in the swing pass with Williamson on the coverage.

1. No surprise as McCown gets first reps in team. Maye participated in individuals but it’s Middleton with starters in team.

1 retweet

S Marcus Maye (ankle) not in team drills. #Jets being cautious. Doug Middleton getting reps in his place.

1. Lorenzo Mauldin sighting. Uses inside move to get in Bridgewater’s face. Likely sack if no red jersey.

Mauldin completely disrupts play with burst from the outside #Jets

Did Mauldin try to put on weight prior to last TC?  I thought that was the case but dont remember exactly.

Anyway, I hope he has gone the other way and has worked to get as lean and quick as possible.  Lets hope he can show something as an outside rusher.

Tweets

Henry Anderson stood up by James Carpenter as McCown completes a pass over the middle.

Herndon with a nice grab over the middle in tight coverage #Jets

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Manish shilling for the Jets FO?  The times they are a changin'

he's not shilling. He's telling it like it is.  This forum just can't come to terms with the fact that Darnold is being a dick. So they assume the blame lies with the Jets.  I am 99% sure that Mehta is correct on this one.

20 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

this whole thing is a buzzkill.  i know darnold could get signed tonight, but if this drags i believe bowles will use it to keep him on the bench.  

Why would Bowles do that without reason? It's not like Bowles has a history of keeping players on the bench for no good reason. Based on what we seen out of Hack and Petty, it was clear that they didn't deserve to play or even be on this team's depth chart. With Geno, Fitz was winning ball games and when Fitz stopped winning Bowles put in Geno but unfortunately he got hurt. 

Bowles deserves criticism for alot, but not that. 

Tweets

Hansen showing off soft hands with a sideline catch from McCown #Jets

McCown playaction rollout finds Hansen just short of the endzone #JetsCamp #Jets

#Jets 2nd-team O: Bridgewater | Crowell, Flowers | Hansen, Stewart, Roberts | Ijalana, Dozier, Swanson, Braden, Qvale | Tomlinson/Shepherd

Archived