Training Camp Day One 7/27 Updates #JetsCamp

Maxman

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tweets

Quincy Enunwa checked in for a couple drills here with the offense. Not doing much, but some #Jets

Xavier Cooper with several disruptions on the line. #Jets

15 minutes ago, Dcat said:

he's not shilling. He's telling it like it is.  This forum just can't come to terms with the fact that Darnold is being a dick. So they assume the blame lies with the Jets.  I am 99% sure that Mehta is correct on this one.

Yup. This is why I said that it seems like he had a man-to-man with Revis. I dont mind him negotiating the most he can, but fans are acting a fool, basically wanting the FO to accept any deal for as long as it gets him on the field. My understanding is that Darnold and his agent wants the Jets to agree to a double dipping deal. If the Jets for whatever reason release him and Darnold is picked up by another team then the Jets still have to pay Darnold on top of what the new team pays him. That's not good for the team. The same folks crying about this will be the same folks if Darnold doesn't work out saying how Macc screwed the cap because they still have to pay Darnold though he's not even on our team. 

The Jets cant win. They already drafted him, yet fans won't even allow them to do what is in the best interest for the team. If this was Revis though we'd be hearing all types of "Mevi$" statements. 

I dont mind Darnold doing this at all, im just not sweating this so bad. Jets fans are acting super desperate. 

3 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Quincy Enunwa has the red pinnie on. Terrelle Pryor not taking part in team reps, but lining up behind the offense and going through his mental reps.

Sometimes at work, I just stare at my monitor. I’ve exclaimed multiple times that I’m doing “mental reps” but the boss just doesn’t get it.  

1. #Jets WR ArDarius Stewart officially suspended first two games of season

DjIrtB5X4AASnLy.jpg
    1 retweet1 like

The NFL has suspended WR ArDarius Stewart two games. ? https://nyj.social/2Ltp5UK 

DjIrcAGW0AAgyrT.jpg
    2 retweets

NFL makes it official on ArDarius Stewart's two-game PED suspension.

17 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Yup. This is why I said that it seems like he had a man-to-man with Revis. I dont mind him negotiating the most he can, but fans are acting a fool, basically wanting the FO to accept any deal for as long as it gets him on the field. My understanding is that Darnold and his agent wants the Jets to agree to a double dipping deal. If the Jets for whatever reason release him and Darnold is picked up by another team then the Jets still have to pay Darnold on top of what the new team pays him. That's not good for the team. The same folks crying about this will be the same folks if Darnold doesn't work out saying how Macc screwed the cap because they still have to pay Darnold though he's not even on our team. 

The Jets cant win. They already drafted him, yet fans won't even allow them to do what is in the best interest for the team. If this was Revis though we'd be hearing all types of "Mevi$ statements. 

I dont mind Darnold doing this at all, im just not sweating this so bad. Jets fans are acting super desperate. 

Well the Jets won’t be agreeing to a double dipping deal so if Darnold and his agent don’t give up on this issue it’s gonna be a long summer for them. The Jets know that they have all the leverage here and they will wait it out. That will put a ton of pressure Darnold camp. He will cave!

3 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Well the Jets won’t be agreeing to a double dipping deal so if Darnold and his agent don’t give up on this issue it’s gonna be a long summer for them. The Jets know that they have all the leverage here and they will wait it out. That will put a ton of pressure Darnold camp. He will cave!

I wouldn't say the Jets have all the leverage.  The player always has an option to sit out the year and re-enter the draft next year.  Darnold would probably be the #1 pick next year in that case.  Unlikely to happen.  Not sure it ever has.  But agents are dicks and that's definitely going to get brought up if this doesn't get resolved soon.

Archived