Draft Elimination RND 1; NYCDAN VS PATRIOT KILLA

Paradis

Draft Elimination RND 1; NYCDAN VS PATRIOT KILLA  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this match in a virtual universe where these two teams meet?

• NYCDAN
    • PATRIOT KILLA

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Btw Renfro needs to be considered CB here w Harrison Smith the Safety.

man this is really close. Dan, you’re lucky you have the Bermuda Triangle at DTs and MLB. And Wilbur Marshall is considered one of the best cover OLBs ever. 

You are right.  For some reason, I put my Safeties on the outside and CBs on the inside.  Everyone is correctly positioned if you flip it around that way.  Renfro played both at a high level which is why I was able to grab either position at the end and still have 2 of each, including a natural FS and SS.  I'll fix it for the next round.

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

Dan’s middle D and OL is just too powerful imo. Really like his DBs. Vernon Davis was a big mistake and I see some holes and don’t like the players out of position. But I just think that middle is good enough to slow down Sanders. Sorry Killa this one was close. But I just love the Dan middle D and OL units. Not enough fire power from Killa and Barry will have to have a monster game which I just don’t see against that group. Dan w the edge here for me.

Curious why you don't like Davis.  Late pick and I wanted someone who could block and catch and score in the Red Zone.  Not sure I saw anyone who stood out at that point but appreciate any feedback on that.  

4 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Tough one

PK you have 4-3 ends in a 3-4 d

and 

Dan- h smith playing corner?

Yeah, I reversed CB and Safeties on both sides when I put it together because Renfro could go either way and it just stuck in my head after I put him there initially.  Feel free to flip them in your head.

6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Curious why you don't like Davis.  Late pick and I wanted someone who could block and catch and score in the Red Zone.  Not sure I saw anyone who stood out at that point but appreciate any feedback on that.  

Honestly one of the worst picks in the draft. He shouldn't be on any team. Horrible hands, can't block. He had a couple moments after Singletary chewed him out but just not an all time TE. JMO.

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Honestly one of the worst picks in the draft. He shouldn't be on any team. Horrible hands, can't block. He had a couple moments after Singletary chewed him out but just not an all time TE. JMO.

Fair enough.  I was considering grabbing a WR3 instead like Keyshawn or Herman Moore but neither jumped off the page at me at that point either.  I recall Davis being awesome for one or two seasons (13 TDs twice) but injuries and attitude did seem to end his career early.  

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

Btw Renfro needs to be considered CB here w Harrison Smith the Safety.

man this is really close. Dan, you’re lucky you have the Bermuda Triangle at DTs and MLB. And Wilbur Marshall is considered one of the best cover OLBs ever. 

Thanks.  That is exactly what I was going for when I started off and win or lose, it's great to see some validation of that.  I think with Greene, Atkins and Jackson, I probably have the most violent front-4 that ever saw a field.  All three of those guys were notorious for their tempers but all three only played harder when they got angry.  

In the video I posted about Rich Jackson there's a clip of Lyle Alzado talking about how he came into Denver as a rookie and wasn't going to let anyone give him any shit.  That lasted until Jackson gave him nothing more than a stare and his reaction was priceless.  "Yes, Mr. Jackson!".  Those old bits from NFL Films were so much fun to watch again...

30 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Fair enough.  I was considering grabbing a WR3 instead like Keyshawn or Herman Moore but neither jumped off the page at me at that point either.  I recall Davis being awesome for one or two seasons (13 TDs twice) but injuries and attitude did seem to end his career early.  

I voted for your team fwiw, and Killa’s team is stacked. 

I hated having to pick between these two well put together teams. So much talent and productivity across the board. I ended up going with Killa as the element that tipped the scales for me was looking at Sanders behind that Oline vs his dline. Feel like there could be a deciding factor there

28 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I hated having to pick between these two well put together teams. So much talent and productivity across the board. I ended up going with Killa as the element that tipped the scales for me was looking at Sanders behind that Oline vs his dline. Feel like there could be a deciding factor there

Ironically that’s what tipped the scale for me to Dan. He may have the best front 7 run D of any team to stop Killa’s best player in Sanders 

@nycdan if you wouldn't mind, once the 24 hour clock expires, could you close the thread and move it to the games forum -- want to keep these from cluttering the strip and driving up poster apathy towards checking which ones are active...

And if you could do that for them all.... that would be greeeeeeat, mkkay

:)

22 hours ago, nycdan said:

NO questioning how great Pace was.  But this is a good test of whether we really are going to put these players into their historical perspective.  Atkins was the best DE of the 1960s and at that size, no surprise.  From what I can read (and I've done a lot of research) he was utterly dominant.  If his guess of 25 sacks in a season (12 or 14 games with less passing) is even close to accurate, that's terrifying.  Even if we call it a draw, I don't think running to Pace's side is as smooth sailing as it would have been in his real career.

Obviously that’s not being done. I thought your team was heads and tails better in numerous areas. I was going to take Atkins but you beat me to the punch. Doesn’t matter since the majority on here weren’t even born until mid 80’s and above. 

15 minutes ago, BigO said:

Obviously that’s not being done. I thought your team was heads and tails better in numerous areas. I was going to take Atkins but you beat me to the punch. Doesn’t matter since the majority on here weren’t even born until mid 80’s and above. 

So you went from crying on your match up thread to crying on our match up thread??

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

So you went from crying on your match up thread to crying on our match up thread??

Ha ha. Crying? Hardly. Just debating my points which many if you can’t comprehend since insight is sorely lacking here. Unfortunately you never saw Tarkenton play. I did. He was nothing special. In fact There are so many other QB’s that weren’t taken like Fouts and Jones that were way better. You would have been better off taking Russell Wilson if you wanted a QB to run a shoot offense. Just adding my 2 cents. Keep the change. 

3 minutes ago, BigO said:

Ha ha. Crying? Hardly. Just debating my points which many if you can’t comprehend since insight is sorely lacking here. Unfortunately you never saw Tarkenton play. I did. He was nothing special. In fact There are so many other QB’s that weren’t taken like Fouts and Jones that were way better. You would have been better off taking Russell Wilson if you wanted a QB to run a shoot offense. Just adding my 2 cents. Keep the change. 

Many people here thought Tarkenton was a good player and even better in the system I designed around him.??‍♂️ 

Thanks for your two cents though, but instead of me keeping the change, you should probably keep the slick shots that often come attached to your feed back.

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Many people here thought Tarkenton was a good player and even better in the system I designed around him.??‍♂️ 

Thanks for your two cents though, but instead of me keeping the change, you should probably keep the slick shots that often come attached to your feed back.

Nah Tark was a sideshow. Fun to watch but always choked in big games. Noodle arm. Lost 3 Super Bowls. Hey you could have taken Jim Kelly, he lost 4 straight. And BTW, sorry to disappoint you but I don’t take much credence into others feedback here.  

2 minutes ago, BigO said:

Nah Tark was a sideshow. Fun to watch but always choked in big games. Noodle arm. Lost 3 Super Bowls. Hey you could have taken Jim Kelly, he lost 4 straight. And BTW, sorry to disappoint you but I don’t take much credence into others feedback here.  

Well having a guy as great as Marino obviously doesn’t move the needle much....

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Well having a guy as great as Marino obviously doesn’t move the needle much....

I guess not. Marino 61000 yards 420 TD’s compared to Tark 47000 342 td’s. Go figure. You’re not winning this comparison. But give it your best shot.  

Just now, BigO said:

I guess not. Marino 61000 yards 420 TD’s compared to Tark 47000 342 td’s. Go figure. You’re not winning this comparison. But give it your best shot.  

You’re not my opponent, O. I’m not going to waste my time doing that. See you in the next round....maybe.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

You’re not my opponent, O. I’m not going to waste my time doing that. See you in the next round....maybe.

No I’m not so stop needling me paperboy. I just gave my opinion on both teams and presented my reasoning, don’t take it so seriously. 

7 minutes ago, BigO said:

No I’m not so stop needling me paperboy. I just gave my opinion on both teams and presented my reasoning, don’t take it so seriously. 

I’m not taking it seriously, I’m only pointing out that you have been throwing slick shots all throughout the draft threads at “youngins born in the 80’s and up” and telling them they have a “lack of football knowledge or insight.” because you are disappointed in your own draft battle outcome.

It’s annoying to say the least. I don’t mind you giving your opinion of both teams tbqh. Not everyone is going to love Fran Tarkenton but you’ve already expressed your dislike for Tarkenton on page 1 so to come back and drill me for picking Tarkenton was honestly just you taking your chance to take a dig at the youngins lack of insight again. 

We get it, O. It’s all good..you don’t have to campaign your feelings any longer.

love ya bud.

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m not taking it seriously, I’m only pointing out that you have been throwing slick shots all throughout the draft threads at “youngins born in the 80’s and up” and telling them they have a “lack of football knowledge or insight.” 

It’s annoying to say the least. I don’t mind you giving your opinion of both teams tbqh. Not everyone is going to love Fran Tarkenton but you’ve already expressed your dislike for Tarkenton on page 1 so to come back and drill me for picking Tarkenton was honestly just you taking your chance to take a dig at the youngins lack of insight again. 

We get it, O. It’s all good..you don’t have to campaign your feelings any longer.

love ya bud.

Someone pointed out the narrative that older players are not respected and go with the modern ones because they never ‘saw’ them  or bothered to research them. I spent hours reading about these guys. I have no ill will against the younger guys on here. I’ve just been around long enough to know tradition is often overlooked in all facets of life. These guys have Fascinating bio’s and how they impacted the game revolutionized it and evolved it.  Maybe you did some research.  You picked Tark. You Probably saw a lot of film on him which is highlights. Trust me he could never carry a team. 

Luv ya to Killa

Just now, BigO said:

Someone pointed out the narrative that older players are not respected and go with the modern ones because they never ‘saw’ them  or bothered to research them. I spent hours reading about these guys. I have no ill will against the younger guys on here. I’ve just been around long enough to know tradition is often overlooked in all facets of life. These guys have Fascinating bio’s and how they impacted the game revolutionized it and evolved it.  Maybe you did some research.  You picked Tark. You Probably saw a lot of film on him which is highlights. Trust me he could never carry a team. 

He really wouldn’t have to carry a team with OBJ, Barry Sanders, Andre Reed, Walker, Kelce and an all star O-line though. 

In real life? Ok maybe not but his strengths is what made me attracted enough to pick him. I needed someone who can run. Tarkenton was good enough to play good in my “Run N’ Gun” system.

I’d basically be using him in a similar system that modern duel threats run. My idea was to make a versatile and explosive offense with an immovable  O-line.

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He really wouldn’t have to carry a team with OBJ, Barry Sanders, Andre Reed, Walker, Kelce and an all star O-line though. 

In real life? Ok maybe not but his strengths is what made me attracted enough to pick him. I needed someone who can run. Tarkenton was good enough to play good in my “Run N’ Gun” system.

I’d basically be using him in a similar system that modern duel threats run. My idea was to make a versatile and explosive offense with an immovable  O-line.

Some good quality picks no doubt but Tark is a huge weak link IMO and that swayed my vote. 

https://youtu.be/LRUXB0ZZlIk

Archived