Questions for Football Fans:

Garb

1) How can Herm Edwards be a great motivator if he continually has brain-pharts?

2) Does character, desire and football "smahts" mean more, generally speaking, than superior talent?

3) Do you think the term, "paper lion," can be used on Mr. Abraham?

4) I keep hearing about Chad Pennington's leadership abilities. Yet, I haven't seen any clear-cut examples of his leadership - besides rah-rah crap he may have learned from the "great motivator." Can someone explain why Chad has earned this praise?

5) Do any of you (besides Brenda) actually think Kevin Mawae is good looking?

1. and 2. As long as you play hard, it doesn't matter if you win. That's our man's philos. :roll: Personally, his speeches are tiresome.

3. Don't mention Abe's name here again. Or else.

4. Chad's not an overly impressive athlete, but he's the one of the most cerebral in the game. He has a better understanding of technique than most quarterbacks. He's trusted, loved by his teammates and he's very dynamic. His waving of the towel on the sidelines and headbutting does get the team motivated.

5. Kevin is better looking in person. Photographs terribly. But still, yes, think Brenda is the only one who thinks that.

14. Chad's not an overly impressive athlete, but he's the one of the most cerebral in the game. He has a better understanding of technique than most quarterbacks. He's trusted, loved by his teammates and he's very dynamic. His waving of the towel on the sidelines and headbutting does get the team motivated.

Don't most NFL QB's wave towels and head-butt? If he understands "technique" better than most, why did he throw directly to Tedy Bruschi twice the last time he played the Pats. Perhaps he knows "technique" (he is a very accurate passer) but may not be able to read zone defenses? And, if that is so - explain "cerebral."

Don't most NFL QB's wave towels and head-butt? If he understands "technique" better than most, why did he throw directly to Tedy Bruschi twice the last time he played the Pats. Perhaps he knows "technique" (he is a very accurate passer) but may not be able to read zone defenses? And, if that is so - explain "cerebral."

Wow, Garb just cleaned Cubed's clock.

Way to go girl. :wink:

Wow, Garb just cleaned Cubed's clock.

Way to go girl. :wink:

My intention is not to clean anyone's clock - just good natured banter between rival fans. You guys do it all the time!!!

Little Boy Barton -

I'm sure Penny's publicist did a great job of getting the word out that Penny would "volunteer" to give two mil back......ah, to be young and naive again. Perhaps what he could have done - with union blessing - is renegotiate his contract. Also, again, find me a QB that does NOT play hurt. That does not make him stand out from the pack.

are you stupid? :shock:

did he not show leadership by playing with a torn rotator cuff?? or volunteering to give 2 mill back for the cap so the jets could trade for coles??

I look forward to hearing your spin, chowd!

No, he was a complete idiot by returning to play last year. He put his team at a huge disadvantage down the stretch and in the playoffs when he could have had his surgery back in November.

His $2 mil give back was nothing. All it would have been is re-working his contract and moving guaranteed money to a portion of his salary. He never woould had given up a dime.

No, he was a complete idiot by returning to play last year. He put his team at a huge disadvantage down the stretch and in the playoffs when he could have had his surgery back in November.

His $2 mil give back was nothing. All it would have been is re-working his contract and moving guaranteed money to a portion of his salary. He never woould had given up a dime.

ok regardless of the 2 mil he didn;t have to even suggest it... As far as playing injured - he was our best shot to win - Quincy was in rehab or where ever he was and Brooks played 2 downs all year... If he didn;t play you would say he was soft!! He played and in SD played well - In Pittsburgh the entire offense sucked

ok regardless of the 2 mil he didn;t have to even suggest it... As far as playing injured - he was our best shot to win - Quincy was in rehab or where ever he was and Brooks played 2 downs all year... If he didn;t play you would say he was soft!! He played and in SD played well - In Pittsburgh the entire offense sucked

And you were still at best the 4th best team in line for the AFC Championship.

There are several factors that you could buy off on for him playing. If that was Brady, Big Ben or even Manning, it would be one thing. The three best teams most experts picked to win. It would even be another thing if the Jets finished 6-0 as oppossed to 4-6. A hot team continuing in the playoffs. The last possible scenario is if this was the last season before the team entered cap hell.

However, you have a QB that you just handed 64 million to and a team that is young. Whether it was Chad withholding or Herm being unrealistic, someone needed to pull the plug on Chad last season so he had the maximum time to heal for 2005.

The real question is this....Where does my wife disappear to until it's time for sex?

not sure where she disappears to but please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! share your secret with us in getting her to disappear til it's time for sex

There are several factors that you could buy off on for him playing. If that was Brady, Big Ben or even Manning, it would be one thing. The three best teams most experts picked to win. It would even be another thing if the Jets finished 6-0 as oppossed to 4-6. A hot team continuing in the playoffs. The last possible scenario is if this was the last season before the team entered cap hell.

However, you have a QB that you just handed 64 million to and a team that is young. Whether it was Chad withholding or Herm being unrealistic, someone needed to pull the plug on Chad last season so he had the maximum time to heal for 2005.

Excellent points PFSIKH.

There is absolutely no way Jet fans can argue against what you said.

probably the more accurate question would be "where does my wife disappear to WHEN it is time for sex" ;):lol:

So much for being the Love Guru :roll:

It means women get ignored until it's time to mate. A common problem among 45-60% of married men.

I thought you had a PHD?

I guess it's a Player Hater Degree :o

Ok so we put in Broks and get knocked out in SD and then what we hear that our starting OLB and QB were to wussy enough to play if the playoffs

My intention is not to clean anyone's clock - just good natured banter between rival fans. You guys do it all the time!!!

Little Boy Barton -

I'm sure Penny's publicist did a great job of getting the word out that Penny would "volunteer" to give two mil back......ah, to be young and naive again. Perhaps what he could have done - with union blessing - is renegotiate his contract. Also, again, find me a QB that does NOT play hurt. That does not make him stand out from the pack.

god I hate you, you are such a typical chowd

yea how many other QBs do you know PLAY WITH A FRIGGEN TORN ROTATOR CUFF????

do you even know what that is?? did you play football or baseball in grade school??

"oh yea, penny did nothin leadership wise by playing with a torn rotator cuff"

congrats, you and tx for that post under yours, are officially the 2 biggest morons in this thread.

unbelievable you 2 chowds are

tx saying the jets had a better chance with quincy?

HE DIDN'T EVEN SHOW UP FOR THE PLAYOFFS BECAUSE HE WAS OUT BACK SMOKING DOPE!!

if it wasn't for chad, we would not have beaten san diego so get your sh*t straight dumbasses and shut the hell up!!!

you are talkin out of you &&& again. how the hell would a patriots fan in texas know if chad would or would not give back 2 million

ADMIT IT DAMNIT!!! WE WOULD HAVE NEVER MADE THE PLAYOFFS IF CHAD DID NOT RETURN!!! quincy barely beat 2 of the worst teams in the nfl in arizon and cleveland, chad comes back and smokes the seahawks........AND SHOWS LEADERSHIP BY TAKIN OUT THE PRESS IN HIS CONFERENCE!! THATS LEADERSHIP RIGHT THERE.

QUINCY CARTER wasn't even there for the playoffs you blowhard!!

WE WOULD NOT HAVE BEATEN THE CHARGERS OR BEEN WITHIN A FIELD GOAL OF THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME IF NOT FOR CHAD PENNINGTON

1) How can Herm Edwards be a great motivator if he continually has brain-pharts?

2) Does character, desire and football "smahts" mean more, generally speaking, than superior talent?

3) Do you think the term, "paper lion," can be used on Mr. Abraham?

4) I keep hearing about Chad Pennington's leadership abilities. Yet, I haven't seen any clear-cut examples of his leadership - besides rah-rah crap he may have learned from the "great motivator." Can someone explain why Chad has earned this praise?

5) Do any of you (besides Brenda) actually think Kevin Mawae is good looking?

1. Motivational speaking has nothing to do with game management :wink:

2. Depends on if the superior talent has some smarts. If he's all talent and no brains, then they're dead in the water.

3. Eh... I don't think so because, when he is on the field, he does take over games.

4. Honestly, I can't. But, then again, I'm in Michigan and don't have the NFL package, so I can't watch the Jets every week. Then again, how can you say anyone has leadership qualities? Unless you're privy to the backstage and lockeroom stuff.

5. Kevin is fugly :lol:

are you stupid? :shock:

did he not show leadership by playing with a torn rotator cuff?? or volunteering to give 2 mill back for the cap so the jets could trade for coles??

I look forward to hearing your spin, chowd!

Actually bro, playing with an injury isn't leadership, that's toughness.

Giving back money isn't leadership, that's being a team guy.

The players shouldn't be leaders. That's for the coaching staff. If the players need an ego boost from other players, then there's something wrong with them.

Actually bro, playing with an injury isn't leadership, that's toughness.

Giving back money isn't leadership, that's being a team guy.

The players shouldn't be leaders. That's for the coaching staff. If the players need an ego boost from other players, then there's something wrong with them.

showing toughness when your team needs you most is the definetion of leadership, the total opposite of that would be john abraham who lacks leadership

being a team player as the QB of your team is being a leader!

showing toughness when your team needs you most is the definetion of leadership, the total opposite of that would be john abraham who lacks leadership

being a team player as the QB of your team is being a leader!

Actually... showing toughness isn't an aspect of leadership. You think Chad is the only one to play with an injury? Playing with an injury just means he's tough.

And being a team leader, team player, being the QB, that doesn't make you a leader. While Chad may or may not be a leader, he really hasn't anything to prove he's a leader. He's never taken the team on his back and lead them anywhere. He's had his chances, never did. He's also still young and will have plenty of chances to do so.

Actually... showing toughness isn't an aspect of leadership. You think Chad is the only one to play with an injury? Playing with an injury just means he's tough.

And being a team leader, team player, being the QB, that doesn't make you a leader. While Chad may or may not be a leader, he really hasn't anything to prove he's a leader. He's never taken the team on his back and lead them anywhere. He's had his chances, never did. He's also still young and will have plenty of chances to do so.

its not just any ol nick and bump its a torn rotator cuff. his courage, fire and determination to return to the Jets and lead them to the AFC championship game if not for doug brien, well that just oozes leadership to me

its not just any ol nick and bump its a torn rotator cuff. his courage, fire and determination to return to the Jets and lead them to the AFC championship game if not for doug brien, well that just oozes leadership to me

Never said it was a run of the mill injury... if there are any. And yeah, he did a great job of leading in that playoff game against Pittsburgh. How many touchdown drives did he lead, again? Son, the defense nearly won that game for us, not Chad Pennington. You can put the blame on Doug Brien all you want, as he did miss two kicks in the final 4 minutes, but Chad shoulders some of that blame by not being the franchise leader everyone thinks he is, leading a drive, getting a single touchdown, or much of anything. The Jets even won the coin toss in overtime! What did your great leader do? A three and out. If you want to give someone a big shiny leadership patch, start with the defense.

Archived