Draft Elimination Round 1: HessStation "Gaslighters" vs. King P

Jetsfan80

Draft Elimination Round 1: HessStation "Gaslighters" vs. King P  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this match in a virtual universe where these two teams meet?

• HessStation
    • King P

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/30/2018 at 10:06 PM

RND 1; @HessStation vs. @King P

JN: vote on who's all time drafted team you feel would win the match up.... you're assuming each player is entering this match up in their prime.

The HessStation Gaslighters:

QB: Joe ‘Willy’ Namath*

RB: Bo Jackson

FB: John ‘The Diesel’ Riggins*

WR: Calvin ‘Megatron’ Johnson 

WR: Cris Carter*

TE: Ozzie ‘The Wizard of Oz’ Newsome*

RT: Bob ‘The Geek’ St. Clair* 

OG: Steve ‘The Wiz’ Wisniewski 

OC: Mel Hein*

OG: Jahri Evans 

OT: Lomas Brown

DE: Claude Humphrey*

DT: John Randle*

DT: Joe Klecko 

DE: Ed ‘Too Tall’ Jones 

OLB: Jack ‘Dobre Shunka’ Ham*

MLB: Sam Huff*

OLB: Lance Briggs

CB: Deion ‘Primetime’ Sanders*

CB: Herb Adderley*

SS: Tyrann ‘The Honeybadger’ Mathieu 

FS: Willy Wood*

King P

Offense

QB: Aaron Rodgers

RB: Marshall Faulk

WR: Andre Johnson

WR: Roddy White

WR: Brandon Marshall (slot receiver)

TE: Antonio Gates

LT: Richmond Webb

LG: Mike Iupati

C - Jeff Saturday

RG: Josh Sitton

RT: Willie Anderson

4-3 Defense

DE: Bruce Smith

DT: Bryant Young

DT: Calais Campbell

DE: Simeon Rice

MIKE LB: Hardy Nickerson

SAM LB: Derrick Johnson

WILL LB: Lavonte David

CB: Aeneas Williams

CB: Nnamdi Asomugha

FS: Darren Sharper

SS: Rodney Harrison

Here's my case for this matchup.

-Deion is gonna match up with Andre Johnson on an island.

-I specifically took HoneyBadger for this type of 3 WRs set match up, as opposed to an in box SS. He'll follow Marshall all day. 

-This gives Adderley and Wood (one of the greatest Center Fielders ever) to take the other half of the field with White and help with Gates. 

-Faulk and Gates are two amazing pass catchers but my 3 LBs are all considered elite in pass coverage. Jack Ham is considered the greatest 43 LB ever partially for that reason. Briggs maybe only really behind Brooks in modern day at WLB. Sam Huff is famous for being the first star 43 MLB and had over 30 INTs in his career...Ham had 32...Briggs had 16....all as LBs.

-My pass rush can come from the interior with Randle as all time (official) sack leading DT and Klecko we all know had 21 sacks in one season before they kept record. Humphrey is in the Hall of Fame, in Vermeil's speech, Deacon Jones named the sack, Humphrey outlawed it"... Because he was so vicious. 

-Too Tall had 106 sacks even though he left football for 2 years in his prime and, at 6'8 is the reason Blocked Passes became a stat.

-Offensively Namath was always best in the big game, can either drive it up the middle to Riggins behind Hein a HOF C or a toss sweep to Bo off the weak side.

-Passing wise, both WRs are top 10 all time talents, Carter maybe the greatest hands, Megatron the biggest freak with elite hands himself, add Newsome who could do so much inside and out. 

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I took King P. I don't see how Hess has the personnel on defense to match up with that offense. 

WHAT LOL That secondary is sick, 3 HOF cb’s.  And his DL is quite formidable. Humphrey may be the dark horse in this entire draft. He played on AWFUL teams, had no help and was just monstrous. And Jack Ham was the greatest OLB besides LT. 

Just now, BigO said:

WHAT LOL That secondary is sick, 3 HOF cb’s.  And his DL is quite formidable. Humphrey may be the dark horse in this entire draft. He played on AWFUL teams, had no help and was just monstrous. And Jack Hambus the greatest OLB besides LT. 

I just don't see how a base defense is going to matchup with an offense with three WRs that good. Brandon Marshall vs a safety?

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I just don't see how a base defense is going to matchup with an offense with three WRs that good. Brandon Marshall vs a safety?

That's why I took Mathieu vs the traditional in box SS fwiw. Faulk is the greatest pass catching RB of all time imo, but don't know what any other team could do given my 3 LBs are all considered elite in coverage, especially Ham and Huff....both had over 30 ints.

8 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Well that’s kind of why I’m just going with what teams are better

you can’t  sub in and out packages based on what team you’re playing 

Smith and Rice are elite edge rushers but they might have to worry about contain on Bo just long enough to give time for Namath to find Carter, Megatron and Newsome....who are all famous for their elite hands. On contrary, B.Marshall, Gates, and White will drop balls every now and then. Take note that Deion will be on Andre Johnson. Rogers is only 6'2, he'll have a hard time throwing to Too Tall's side given he's most famous for batted passes....reason they created the stat. 

Plus Randle and Klecko should get push inside on Iupati, Saturday and Sitton from time to time imo. :)  Lol Im trying.

1 minute ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Well that’s kind of why I’m just going with what teams are better

you can’t  sub in and out packages based on what team you’re playing 

Well that was what we were instructed to do and how I drafted my team, so I'm gonna go that way for sure...

11 minutes ago, BigO said:

WHAT LOL That secondary is sick, 3 HOF cb’s.  And his DL is quite formidable. Humphrey may be the dark horse in this entire draft. He played on AWFUL teams, had no help and was just monstrous. And Jack Hambus the greatest OLB besides LT. 

I agree on that secondary. Awesome. And Hess's backfield and receivers are pretty daunting as well. Nice balance here. The OL seems to me to be okay but not more. Briggs and Huff are not my favorites either. On a side note, Huff was incredibly dirty as a player, which isn't a factor, since Harrison on the other side was almost as bad. I'd give the edge to King P on OL and DL -- Smith and Rice is a nasty pass rushing duo. King's secondary is quite solid as well. Linebackers are okay -- not the high point of this team. I'd take Rodgers over Namath -- just more versatile and can stretch plays like nobody else. On defense, the two competing stars are Smith and Sanders. I think Smith makes more of an impact. This is very close. In close ones, I go with the better QB.

4 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I agree on that secondary. Awesome. And Hess's backfield and receivers are pretty daunting as well. Nice balance here. The OL seems to me to be okay but not more. Briggs and Huff are not my favorites either. On a side note, Huff was incredibly dirty as a player, which isn't a factor, since Harrison on the other side was almost as bad. I'd give the edge to King P on OL and DL -- Smith and Rice is a nasty pass rushing duo. King's secondary is quite solid as well. Linebackers are okay -- not the high point of this team. I'd take Rodgers over Namath -- just more versatile and can stretch plays like nobody else. On defense, the two competing stars are Smith and Sanders. I think Smith makes more of an impact. This is very close. In close ones, I go with the better QB.

Then you should have voted for me and Marino ?

The more I look at this it’s Hess’s high powered O that’s just sick. Bo Effen Jackson, Megatron, Diesel, Ozzie, Carter fueled by Namath (in his prime!) Holy sh*t !!!! Bo just puts this offense on another stratosphere. 

9 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

You underestimate Steve Young's WCO. At his best, he was more versatile than Marino -- similar to Rodgers/Namath comparison.

I’d take Namath at his prime over Rodgers any day of the week. Can you possibly IMAGINE what Namath would do in today’s game. He’d throw for 650- 800 yards a game!

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

This is almost impossible to pick. I have to go with King B. Rogers with those WRs is the deciding factor. 

Totally disagree. Morgan and White are one dimensional. Deion and Adderly were BOTH Shutdown corners. Rogers and Namath basically cancel each other out. I’d give a slight edge to Namath ‘in his prime’.

And Bo......Bo knows. 

17 minutes ago, BigO said:

Totally disagree. Morgan and White are one dimensional. Deion and Adderly were BOTH Shutdown corners. Rogers and Namath basically cancel each other out. I’d give a slight edge to Namath ‘in his prime’.

And Bo......Bo knows. 

Namath turns the ball over too much and I’d rather have Faulk. Who is going to cover Faulk coming out of the backfield or lining up at WR? He has 3 good receivers a great TE and maybe the best receiving RB of all time. IMO it’s a miss match. If Hess had a guy like LT or White to rush the passer it would help but you could still just dump the ball off to Gates, Marshall or Faulk and they’d get yards because White and Johnson are going to stretch the D and Marshall is a great blocker downfield. If anyone gets in the open they’ll run over Deon. 

12 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Namath turns the ball over too much and I’d rather have Faulk. Who is going to cover Faulk coming out of the backfield or lining up at WR? He has 3 good receivers a great TE and maybe the best receiving RB of all time. IMO it’s a miss match. If Hess had a guy like LT or White to rush the passer it would help but you could still just dump the ball off to Gates, Marshall or Faulk and they’d get yards because White and Johnson are going to stretch the D. 

Namath may turn it over but he’d put crazy video numbers on the board with those weapons: Bo, Diesel, Carter, Oz, Megatron. Unless you had Marino, Moss, Campbell, Alworth, OJ, Sharpe lineup.  I mean cmon. There’s just no way to stop that. And his DL is better than you think - Too Tall, Randle, Ham with Klecko pushing the pocket. That’s pass rushing. And I despise Marshall Faulk. 

21 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Namath turns the ball over too much and I’d rather have Faulk. Who is going to cover Faulk coming out of the backfield or lining up at WR? He has 3 good receivers a great TE and maybe the best receiving RB of all time. IMO it’s a miss match. If Hess had a guy like LT or White to rush the passer it would help but you could still just dump the ball off to Gates, Marshall or Faulk and they’d get yards because White and Johnson are going to stretch the D and Marshall is a great blocker downfield. If anyone gets in the open they’ll run over Deon. 

From a historical perspective I have 3 of the better cover LBs in nfl history and 2 cover safeties and I don’t see how his interior OL can handle Randle and Klecko. Although I agree Faulk is the best “all around” RB all time. I had a feeling Humphrey wasn’t goung to carry enough weight around here even though he’s a HOF w 122 sacks on horrible teams. Too Tall 106 and missing two years in his prime to box

7 minutes ago, BigO said:

Namath may turn it over but he’d put crazy video numbers on the board with those weapons: Bo, Diesel, Carter, Oz, Megatron. Unless you had Marino, Moss, Campbell, Alworth, OJ, Sharpe lineup.  I mean cmon. There’s just no way to stop that. And his DL is better than you think - Too Tall, Randle, Ham with Klecko pushing the pocket. That’s pass rushing. And I despise Marshall Faulk. 

Despising someone doesn’t make them bad. 

4 minutes ago, HessStation said:

From a historical perspective I have 3 of the better cover LBs in nfl history and 2 cover safeties and I don’t see how his interior OL can handle Randle and Klecko. Although I agree Faulk is the best “all around” RB all time. I had a feeling Humphrey wasn’t goung to carry enough weight around here even though he’s a HOF w 122 sacks on horrible teams. 

I have 3 players with more sacks then that that aren’t carrying any weight so I know the feeling. 

9 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I have 3 players with more sacks then that that aren’t carrying any weight so I know the feeling. 

I think the downer for your team, for me, is the guy you’re going up against can match that. Barber and Greene are playing a little bit out of position. Montana, given the set up of teams doesn’t carry as much weight. Jmo. And I loved your team. 

15 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

The right side of your OL is ridiculous. If you had one of the elite RBs that might have been the difference Mick. Not sh*tting on Allen and Harris but just miss from great to elite there. It was really hard one though.

5 hours ago, HessStation said:

I think the downer for your team, for me, is the guy you’re going up against can match that. Barber and Greene are playing a little bit out of position. Montana, given the set up of teams doesn’t carry as much weight. Jmo. And I loved your team. 

The defense that I’m running was pretty much designed for Greene and they’re running the WCO Welsh used in SF when they won 4 SBs with Montana. 

5 hours ago, HessStation said:

The right side of your OL is ridiculous. If you had one of the elite RBs that might have been the difference Mick. Not sh*tting on Allen and Harris but just miss from great to elite there. It was really hard one though.

I wanted Allen because of his receiving ability (he had over 10k yards rushing and 5k yards receiving) with Montana. People seem to like or hate Harris. 

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

A Johnson R White  B Marshall and Gates, Faulk compared to Megatron, Oz, Carter and Bo coming out of backfield. Hess has the talent edge here. And his secondary is just stifling. 3 HOF Guys Deion best CB ever Again another edge that takes him over the top. He doesn’t even have to throw. He can just run Bo and Diesel and wear you down then throw when the D is forced to stop the run. 

Archived