Draft Elimination Round 1: HessStation "Gaslighters" vs. King P

Jetsfan80

Draft Elimination Round 1: HessStation "Gaslighters" vs. King P  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this match in a virtual universe where these two teams meet?

• HessStation
    • King P

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/30/2018 at 10:06 PM

Jfc this is a battle of titans. I think Hess is probably one of the few teams with a secondary that can actually hang with king P’s juggernaut offense of gates, andre, and faulk. Plus between deion and honey badger there gonna be some turnovers forced for sure. 

That being said, Hess has a dynamic offense himself with megatron , carter, ozzie newsome and bo. Assuming peak performance is so key esp. regarding Bo. 

King P’s defense is rock solid as well. I assumed he’d have to skimp there, and while it is not as elite necessarily as his offense, it is filled with standout players at all 3 levels. Love me some aeneas and again if we assume peak performance, nmandi was a good pick as well. Love rice and lavonte david and derrick johnson. The lbers are gonna have some sick tackling numbers. 

I legit want to see king p’s gameplan before deciding, but this could legit have been a championship matchup and i wouldn’t Have been surprised at all.  

I like what Hess did with certain spots. He took 3 old skool guys who were legends in their time to plug up holes towards the end of the draft. Center Hein, RT St Clair and Huff MLB are all HOF players who dominated in their era at their position. These guys could easily have been picked higher but it allowed him to go with better known skilled players earlier in the draft.  In comparison, my guys C Otto, RT Stydahar and MLB George we’re all rated higher and more dominant.  I ended up taking 3-4 more of these guys earlier than I should have. ?

3 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I legit want to see king p’s gameplan before deciding, but this could legit have been a championship matchup and i wouldn’t Have been surprised at all.   

It still could end up happening that way.  There are 22 squads, and only 6 get eliminated in the first round.  Round 2 contains the 11 winners + 5 "Wild Cards" (The 5 highest % vote-getters among the 1st round losers). 

Both my WRs and CBs, a S, TE, FB, OLB, MLB and DT are all time top 10 at their positions. I have old school and new school HOFers. I got Klecko and Too Tall who should be HOFers (Too Tall would be if he didn’t box for two yrs), and freakin Bo Jackson, with the QB who changed the NFL forever. And I don’t have one player playing out of position. Come on people!!! Lol

5 hours ago, HessStation said:

The right side of your OL is ridiculous. If you had one of the elite RBs that might have been the difference Mick. Not sh*tting on Allen and Harris but just miss from great to elite there. It was really hard one though.

I was looking at the Raiders when both Allen and Jackson played and the stats were better for Allen then I thought. The 4 years they played together. 

Bo Jackson: 2,782 rush yards, 352 receiving yards, 18 touchdowns

Marcus Allen: 2,560 rush yards, 1,093 receiving yards, 28 touchdowns

These two would of made one hell of a backfield for me. The speed and power of Bo and the cutting and catching from Allen. 

23 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

What happens if it’s a tie?

We keep the fvckin poll open until someone breaks the tie.

But in R1 both teams would advance.  Maybe from now on, I won't vote and will break a tie, but that would give me way more power than I want.

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

But in R1 both teams would advance.  Maybe from now on, I won't vote and will break a tie, but that would give me way more power than I want.

Why are you fvckin cursing? What kind of example is that for the youngsters on here. 

13 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I was looking at the Raiders when both Allen and Jackson played and the stats were better for Allen then I thought. The 4 years they played together. 

Bo Jackson: 2,782 rush yards, 352 receiving yards, 18 touchdowns

Marcus Allen: 2,560 rush yards, 1,093 receiving yards, 28 touchdowns

These two would of made one hell of a backfield for me. The speed and power of Bo and the cutting and catching from Allen. 

Broski Bo played 10 Games a year w zero practice or training 

14 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

He only played 7 one year and averaged over 6 yards a carry lol. If he didn’t **** around with baseball he would of been ridiculous. 

Seriously not saying this bc of this draft , Bo Jackson is the most elite, physically non-human thing I’ve ever seen in any sport in my life. Barry Sanders was close, Lebron is up there, Ken Griffey Jr at one point, Bonds, Shaq, and maybe Orlando Pace and Deion are a few others at least in his range but Bo takes the cake. 

Jim Brown and even Earl Campbell were before my time but they’re somewhere close too but Bo was an anomaly 

12 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Seriously not saying this bc of this draft , Bo Jackson is the most elite, physically non-human thing I’ve ever seen in any sport in my life. Barry Sanders was close, Lebron is up there, Ken Griffey Jr at one point, Bonds, Shaq, and maybe Orlando Pace and Deion are a few others at least in his range but Bo takes the cake. 

Jim Brown and even Earl Campbell were before my time but they’re somewhere close too but Bo was an anomaly 

I forgot how good he actually was. Watching his normal runs not just highlights shows his power and speed. His worst year he averaged 4.3 yards a carry but Allen was under 4. The team was awful and they stacked the D against the run. 

If Bo played back then he’d averaged 8 yards a carry. 

1 hour ago, Lith said:

We'd have to also do something about the seeding too.  Given that 1 plays 16, 2 plays 15, etc, these two squads will likely end up 8 and 9.  And it would be silly for them to have a re-match in Round 2.  Maybe have 7 play 9 and 8 play 10?

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

NFLN Top 100 Players All time:

HessStation: 7

King P: 2

come on Paradis lol

It's not that easy. His offense bests yours, by inches, but it does. If those two teams play quarter after quarter, eventually King P is gonna pull away with Rodgers. All the respect in the world for our boi, but Rodgers tips that scale. Defense is lights out, especially secondaries. 

Fcking savage match up. 

Sorry I'm late, but here's my case...

The scheme I'd be running on offense is the Air Coryell, which contains alot of vertical passing with receivers spread out the field and power running. Looking to recreate "The Greatest Show On Turf" and I definitely have the horses capable of carrying that wagon. Too many receiving weapons. I like Marshall's chance against Honey Badger, as well as the dynamic Gates and Marshall. And if I got fast paced/no huddle, I can't see the D keeping up.

My D may not look flashy, but it has all the right pieces in the right places to get the job done. With Bruce Smith and Simeon Rice wreaking havoc. Also will put Aeneas Williams (an underrated true shutdown corner) on Megatron and take him out the game as well as Asomugha covering Carter. I just need Bryant Young and Calais Campbell (both very good against the run) to slow down Bo. I'm confident even in my pass rushing and coverage to throw Nickerson or Sharper/Harrison Bo's way.

Ultimately, I'm looking to make it a shootout which favors me. Can't see Hess' offense being able to keep up

8 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

King P spent heavily on skill positions, and all modern.  That OK though, yikes.  I think you could make an argument that OL isn't better than the current Cowboys OL.

this one is tough.

Nothing wrong with modern, I'm going with pieces that fit the current style of play which works in my favor.

My O-Line isn't flashy, but it's not bad by any means.

Richmond Webb is an All-Decade Left Tackle who was able to keep a clean pocker for one of the greatest QBs of all time in Marino.

Willie Anderson is arguable the greatest Right Tackle ever. Only gave up 12 sacks in 12 years. Sounds pretty damn good.

Jeff Saturday was an All-Pro Center for Manning, Sitton was an multiple Pro Bowl guard as wells as being an All-Pro. And Iupati when healthy is a beast of a guard.

They may not be the flashiest nes, but I've made it perfectly clear that I'm not picking players based on legacy and accomplishments. I only care about how good they were at their peaks

10 hours ago, King P said:

Sorry I'm late, but here's my case...

The scheme I'd be running on offense is the Air Coryell, which contains alot of vertical passing with receivers spread out the field and power running. Looking to recreate "The Greatest Show On Turf" and I definitely have the horses capable of carrying that wagon. Too many receiving weapons. I like Marshall's chance against Honey Badger, as well as the dynamic Gates and Marshall. And if I got fast paced/no huddle, I can't see the D keeping up.

My D may not look flashy, but it has all the right pieces in the right places to get the job done. With Bruce Smith and Simeon Rice wreaking havoc. Also will put Aeneas Williams (an underrated true shutdown corner) on Megatron and take him out the game as well as Asomugha covering Carter. I just need Bryant Young and Calais Campbell (both very good against the run) to slow down Bo. I'm confident even in my pass rushing and coverage to throw Nickerson or Sharper/Harrison Bo's way.

Ultimately, I'm looking to make it a shootout which favors me. Can't see Hess' offense being able to keep up

In a shoot out I have Deion who will take half the field away and is good for a pick 6All 3 LBs are excellent in pass coverage 2/3 HOFer. 3/4 DBs are HOF and Badger is one of the better cover safeties in this draft. I think my DL can control yours and get penetration up the middle w Klecko and Randle. They’ll create a lot of turnovers to your pass happy O. Too Tall will bat down a few 6’2 Rogers passes too.

Your ouside passrush is elite but having to try and contain Bo will slow them down. I can pound the inside with Riggins and play action off that to Megatron over the top and Ozzie in the flat and occasionally up the seam. When I need a 3rd down conversion or red zone catch Carter is one of the most clutch WRs ever. 

If you plan on coming after Namther off the edge Bo is gonna break a couple 70 yard TDS.

youre gonna have some big drops from Marshall, Gates, and White. My WRs and Newsome don’t drop the ball. ?

These are two of the best teams in this league. I thought the biggest weakness on Hess' team was Namath. And if Broadway Joe is your weakness, your team is probably pretty good. Other factors (for me) are that I think Bruce Smith in a 4-3 is a waste of his talents, I'm not a fan of Asomugha, and I question the base three-WR set. I'd've gone two TEs if I didn't want a FB, but so many great FBs in history (like the one Hess grabbed) make the position more valuable in a league like this than it is in today's NFL. 

That said, both teams should make it to the second round, and both could easily find easier matchups than this one. 

5 minutes ago, slats said:

These are two of the best teams in this league. I thought the biggest weakness on Hess' team was Namath. And if Broadway Joe is your weakness, your team is probably pretty good. Other factors (for me) are that I think Bruce Smith in a 4-3 is a waste of his talents, I'm not a fan of Asomugha, and I question the base three-WR set. I'd've gone two TEs if I didn't want a FB, but so many great FBs in history (like the one Hess grabbed) make the position more valuable in a league like this than it is in today's NFL. 

That said, both teams should make it to the second round, and both could easily find easier matchups than this one. 

See, I think it's the opposite. Being in 4-3 would actually enhance his talents. 3-4 DEs have more responsibilities with playing the run and therefore less sack chances.

Put Bruce Smith in a 4-3 with another pass rushing DE on the other side (which I gave him with Simeon Rice) and he'd have even more sacks.

7 minutes ago, King P said:

See, I think it's the opposite. Being in 4-3 would actually enhance his talents. 3-4 DEs have more responsibilities with playing the run and therefore less sack chances.

Put Bruce Smith in a 4-3 with another pass rushing DE on the other side (which I gave him with Simeon Rice) and he'd have even more sacks.

I guess that's part of the fun of this game. IMHO, the value of Bruce Smith was the fact that he would eat up two or three blockers and still make plays. In a league like this, you put him in a 3-4 with another all-time great pass rusher behind him at OLB and you're overwhelming the other side. 

Archived