Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

1 hour ago, Matthew007b said:

*little bit of black I'm ok... not full blown black :S but yeah those no-contact uniforms might be a hint of what's coming... 

We'll see.. I'm excited :) hope we see the old logo/kelly green coming back in some form.  Maybe throw some chrome in it like the color rush jersey's with black stripes.. I dunno..

thumb.jpg

usa-today-8935378.jpg

uZgDgfgNOuKahCC-800x450-noPad.jpg

38432177_425280861326999_8736743055282929664_o.jpg

I’m liking this logo, just needs the football n NY. Add black grille and sone black trim. 

5 minutes ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

The jets will find a way to muck this up. 100 percent guaranteed 

It’ll be something hideous like black uniforms with a hologram jet on the sleeve. Because that’s what two rich schmucks with no skills except coming out of the right wiener think “da kids” want.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, nico002 said:

“A little bit of black “ is an awful idea 

they need to keep our unis two colors, simple, timeless 

home- white + green 

away- black + green 

Wouldnt hold my breath for that. Eric Allen said they are completely new, which implies new colors and probably a completely new logo. Expect to hate it.

• Upvote 2

Just now, johnnysd said:

Wouldnt hold my breath for that. Eric Allen said they are completely new, which implies new colors and probably a completely new logo. Expect to hate it.

I don't know man, I would be shocked if they went with a whole new color scheme. Besides the fact that they would be totally changing the identity of the team, I can't imagine there are much better color combinations out there that aren't already tied to other teams. EA saying completely new to me means that it is just a slight update of the ones we're wearing now, the design was conceived from scratch. Of course, I could be wrong but that would be a hell of a risk they are taking. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, nyjunc said:

It's probably this one:

s-l300.jpg

I like the new red shirt - black and green better than this buy back in the day I would have bought this too. Chrebet was my fav player growing up, I'm not sure why. When I go to NY next I want to go to his resturaunt, if it still open, as I understand he kind of ealks around telling stories like Stallone in Rocky 

23 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

usa_today_11185102.jpg

Not funny.

23 hours ago, HessStation said:

How dare you!!!

...will do. Have to find it, it’s on a rack in my basement somewhere lol

Yeah man you got to share the gold not stash it away. I finally bought a jersey, namath, like two years ago and I will buy a Darnold in black next. My only other jersey is chrebet from growing up the white one, faded as hell. It was a screen print. I love that jersey and barely fits now.

13 hours ago, slats said:

The black is simply terrible. Bruce Coslet/Jerry Glanville fake tough-guy BS. 

Plus, teams wearing black get penalized more than any other color. As if the Jets need help there. 

@slats you crazy, fake tough guy? What the hell are you talking about?

I can't tell if you are joking or not. 

The black and green one they are wearing right now are awesome and I be happy with that. Embrace the change, love the change. 

rebranding for this era is great. #facts

Edited by BornJetsFan1983
Stupid phone submitted it before i was ready definitely not user error

43 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Completely new doesn’t imply new colors or logo. It just means the uniform design won’t be the same as the current or even past uniforms. 

The colors and logo could remain the same. They could change but the comment doesn’t imply anything but different uniforms. 

• Upvote 2

I thought I liked the idea of the black jerseys, but I think it's going to be difficult to execute with green.

My guess is they'll roll with the Adams/Lee jerseys that got posted and do a black alternate. I actually think if they keep the black one fairly simple it'll look fine and they can keep the green in the helmets, but they could get pretty gross if they throw too much of that lighter green in there.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Who was trying to be funny?  Someone asked what the new FSU uni looked like and I posted a picture of it.  

Haha it showed up as a broken link to me, I thought it was hilarious, so I quoted it. But I do appreciate you posting it, I wish I could have seen it. I really never remember black jerseys...

5 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Haha it showed up as a broken link to me, I thought it was hilarious, so I quoted it. But I do appreciate you posting it, I wish I could have seen it. I really never remember black jerseys...

No problem I figured as much.

And I agree, that uniform is hideous and just a play at promoting jersey sales to what they think the younger audience wants. 

14 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

you crazy, fake tough guy? What the hell are you talking about?

I can't tell if you are joking or not. 

The black and green one they are wearing right now are awesome and I be happy with that. Embrace the change, love the change. 

rebranding for this era is great. #facts

The black is ugly, fake tough guy crap. I want no part of it, but I'm bracing for it. Jerry Glanville and Bruce Coslet getting macho. Blech!

I'm not their market, anyway. I haven't bought a new piece of licensed NFL merchandise in quite a few years. So they don't care what I think.  

18 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

This with 80s/90s Jets logo & only used as alternate ?

20180905_113807.jpg

Dear lord, outline thoise green numbers in white ffs.  Green on Black without a light/white border color is an absolutely trashwreck of design failure.

I can live with almost anything, but this, THIS IS MUH TRIGGER!!!!  SO TRIGGERED!  REEEEEEEEE!!!!!

(No, seriously, border white outline round them numbers please, kthankx).

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, slats said:

The black is ugly, fake tough guy crap. I want no part of it, but I'm bracing for it. Jerry Glanville and Bruce Coslet getting macho. Blech!

I'm not their market, anyway. I haven't bought a new piece of licensed NFL merchandise in quite a few years. So they don't care what I think.  

I care what you think! Damn the man!

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

Definitely could be a hint especially since the video has Josh talking about how does he like the black look.  If these are new unis for next year, I hope they are just alternate ones.

This really screams market testing to me. Doubt these would be the finished products anyway, would need a lot of refinement. 

39 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Very true. Maybe color scheme testing.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

All of a sudden their IG is pumping out pix of QBs in...new practice jerseys??? Week of season opener??

they are def looking for feedback and these are obvi some version of the new branding. Unless it’s a big fat red herring.

1 hour ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

When redesigning the Jets uniform ask yourself one question and one question only.......

”would this guy rock it?”

1883613B-394E-4A5C-A8A3-0CCB1458EF47.jpeg

I like the wonder years as much as anyone but Kevin would be 62 today.  I doubt very much that is the audience that they are catering too.  Think new york city youth.  That is the future of the fanbase and they have to win them over now.  What are they looking for?