Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

You can't please everyone. No matter what they come up with a certain portion of the fan base won't be happy. I only care that the keep the Green & White and mix a little old with new (updated fonts) lose the stupid laced football, and I'll be happy. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Because NFL football is also a business. While it is far more important to put the right management in place, this team also needs a rebranding. The current uniform is a symbol of disappointment and incompetence.

I know the NFL is a business been saying it for years................Disagree our uniforms are neat and clean like the Bears,Raiders,Packers,Giants. 

2 hours ago, Vader said:

The uniforms will be completely different. Everyone posting pics of green and white uniforms that are derivative of the current or past uniforms are going to be disappointed.

think more the switch Tampa bay made from the creamsicles to the pewter and red. 

This will be a big change. It was called “bold”.

A “Bold” choice means it will be put forward as “different” and “unique” into an unknown with uncertainty of reception, where it may be liked or disliked. The uniforms wouldn’t be called “bold” if that wasn’t the case.

This is very true.

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

You can't please everyone. No matter what they come up with a certain portion of the fan base won't be happy. I only care that the keep the Green & White and mix a little old with new (updated fonts) lose the stupid laced football, and I'll be happy. 

That is not bold. Dont see any way that happens

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SheaRay said:

If I'm not mistaken they're 3-0 this year wearing white on white which I happen to think they should keep except go back to the Kelly green. 

you are not mistaken.  at Lions, Colts and at Bills.  I was joking about that with my cousin - superstitions and all that they should always wear white on white.

I can't remember - was it Rex or Mangenius who would keep wearing the same color combo after a win till they lost?  I'm not saying it was all season, or multiple seasons or whatever.  but I personally HATE when they wear their all greens (all whites I love) and they wore it like a few weeks in a row one time, which is not something they do, and I remember reading the HC was being superstitious....

17 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

16kwcg7.png

Then guy in the back right. Kelly Green and Blueish Grey. Those are our new colors. Id bet on it

The two guys in row two also appear to have that gray on, or close to it, and the one has a jets word mark on it.  I too agree, these will probably be our new colors.  Honestly, I am fine with that.  

image.png.63dff55e581511328e8e50efddbf1bad.png

On 2nd thought, and after looking at the video again, I am not sure.  As you can see, the logo remains the same on the guy with the green and gray shirt on.  That doesn't scream bold to me, so unless we are keeping it as a second logo/patch, I am not sure this is the easter egg we have been looking for.  The other two guys are definitely wearing jets shirts with ONLY that gray on though.  Strange.

50 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

16kwcg7.png

Then guy in the back right. Kelly Green and Blueish Grey. Those are our new colors. Id bet on it

Could be the colors, but dont bet the ranch on it. Thatactually looks like a Nike Golf product. I have the same one I think, with my club’s logo on it. The color green was a big seller last year in golf shirts and shorts also. Forget what they call it, but it actually looks a little lighter (almost like a mint?) in person, and the grey is closer to a silverish tone. It was the color used for the swoosh on those items like hats, shorts, and shirts.

• Thumb Down 1

25 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

The two guys in row two also appear to have that gray on, or close to it, and the one has a jets word mark on it.  I too agree, these will probably be our new colors.  Honestly, I am fine with that.  

Gray has been a very common color used for all teams in the "pro shops/team stores".

We may end up with gray in there, but these pictures your pulling from the video, I would almost bet have ZERO leaks in them. The TN TITANS new unis didn't get leaked until the night before the reveal. I doubt the team is going to start allowing leaks of the "new" look out this early. 

4 minutes ago, Stark said:

Gray has been a very common color used for all teams in the "pro shops/team stores".

We may end up with gray in there, but these pictures your pulling from the video, I would almost bet have ZERO leaks in them. The TN TITANS new unis didn't get leaked until the night before the reveal. I doubt the team is going to start allowing leaks of the "new" look out this early. 

Its not a leak, more of an Easter egg for later when you go "oh that guy in that video was wearing these colors" I tweeted Eric Allen to give some more hints

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

16kwcg7.png

I think the green just above Johnson’s head and the grey on the birch tree just above the left shoulder of Portland sweaty shirt guy, and throw in a little accent grey asphalt from the road they are walking in. Those are the Easter egg colors imo

9 hours ago, Vader said:

I think the green just above Johnson’s head and the grey on the birch tree just above the left shoulder of Portland sweaty shirt guy, and throw in a little accent grey asphalt from the road they are walking in. Those are the Easter egg colors imo

haha fine...we will see if I am right

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

That’s a lime greenish tinted glow coming from that briefcase. 

Me no likey. 

At around to 10 second mark look at the green color of "Jets"-- much brighter than current. Maybe looks like Kelly green, and in keeping with how the team has been styling their advertising.  That, along with the glow, indicates that green isn't being swapped out as a primary color.   If they go with "Stealth Jet Black" maybe it's an alternative set.

The promo video is pretty funny...

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

That’s a lime greenish tinted glow coming from that briefcase. 

Me no likey. 

3 minutes ago, teptep said:

At around to 10 second mark look at the green color of "Jets"-- much brighter than current. Maybe looks like Kelly green, and in keeping with how the team has been styling their advertising.  That, along with the glow, indicates that green isn't being swapped out as a primary color.   If they go with "Stealth Jet Black" maybe it's an alternative set.

the color is already known.  It has been up on the monitors and around the stadium all season long.  I actually bought a Darnold jersey, because I'd like to have his rookie colors, since next year it will be lime-green.  Not a fan.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Dcat said:

the color is already known.  It has been up on the monitors and around the stadium all season long.  I actually bought a Darnold jersey, because I'd like to have his rookie colors, since next year it will be lime-green.  Not a fan.

I figure the current jersey will be at clearance prices come May. If I like the new jersey, I can make the splurge. If I don't...a cheap Darnold Jersey it is :-)

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, teptep said:

Considering new stealth planes are no longer black it would match that jets are behind the times yet again 

• Haha 1

On 7/29/2018 at 7:17 PM, slats said:

I'll tell you what (and I'm prepared to get buttfumbled into oblivion), I wouldn't mind if they added a third color to the mix. Not black (representative of the failed Coslet/Kotite regimes) or silver/gray (too Eagles), I'd go with orange, which not only could represent fire coming from our so-called Jets, but also would be a New York color as worn by the Knicks, Mets, and Islanders. And also Darnold's hair. 

Yeah, yeah, I know. But I'd actually like an alternative orange hat with their (hopefully) brand new logo. I like the Giants' unis with the white shirts and red lettering. Some teams do fun stuff with that secondary color (like when the Seahawks go crazy with their green). I think it could be cool. 

And I say this as a fan of our current uniforms. If (when) they change it up, I hope it's something really new - not the 80s logo or the alternative NY or NYJ they've had for a while now. Something genuinely original. 

Hate the ‘80’s script on the helmets. Looks like it was designed by some intern at FIT. Just terrible. I’m all in for something new like electric green that shimmers in the sunlight and changes colors.  Like a Howard Johnson’s Orange Sherbet Freeze. Best frozen drink ever!

Blend orange sherbert, seltzer water, orange juice together. Add a scoop of lime sherbert, raspberry sherbet. Heaven.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

I figure the current jersey will be at clearance prices come May. If I like the new jersey, I can make the splurge. If I don't...a cheap Darnold Jersey it is :-)

The Jets put $100 on each of my three ticket cards.  I don't eat much stadium food, if at all, so I used it to get a Jersey last month at the Jets shop.  That money was not going to roll over and would have been lost.  I made that mistake last season, but last year they only put $40 on each of my 3 tickets.  I let about $50 expire (and the rest for crappy food for my companions).  They bumped it considerably this year.

• Upvote 1

I have a feeling I won’t be wanting to buy any new Jets gear when the New Jersey is released.   

To make it better the Jets will have Fan Advisory Board Meetings next fall about the jerseys where they basically want me to say I love the jersey even if I hate it.  Sort of like the Fan Advisory Meetings about Jets Rewards.  

• Upvote 1