Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

25 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the Browns are named after a person Paul Brown 

Bills are a Bison (animal) 

Steelers are steel workers (people) they originally were the Pirates but the local contest changed it to reflect how everyone in town made a living 

Chargers is a gray area but the owner Barron Hilton named it after people yelling Charge at the USC games. IT's a stretch but it's named after people doing a cheer (or perhaps charging something like a beachfront) 

chargers are horses 

SD used to have a horse logo too

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/5dylj4wilsumiuzgg9ef7b9v2/Los_Angeles_Chargers/1960/Primary_Logo

The destrier is the best-known war horse of the medieval era. It carried knights in battles, tournaments, and jousts. It was described by contemporary sources as the Great Horse, due to its significance.

While highly prized by knights and men-at-arms, the destrier was not very common.[1] Most knights and mounted men-at-arms rode other war horses, such as coursers and rounceys.[2] These three types of horse were often referred to generically as chargers.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, bitonti said:

wow deep cut

Cab Calloway - Minnie the Moocher will get older Jets fans wilded up like none other  

we don't have "we are the champions" we have the hidy ho song 

damn never even knew the name of that song. it was just highty highty highty ho to me haha - i was a kid

those tailgates were sick. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

No Super Bowls in 50 years and counting.  I'm all for rebooting the franchise.  We have a new QB, will have a new HC, and I'm looking forward to the new uniforms.  I'm ok with black and some type of green if that's what it comes down to, as long as the uniforms aren't busy with 3 colors or more like the latest versions of the Buccaneers, Seahawks, and Titans.  Keep it 2 colors and as simple as possible, no matter what the shade of green is and I'll be ok with it.  A black helmet with a green logo or green helmet with a white or black logo would both be awesome IMO. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the Browns are named after a person Paul Brown 

Bills are a Bison (animal) 

Steelers are steel workers (people) they originally were the Pirates but the local contest changed it to reflect how everyone in town made a living 

Chargers is a gray area but the owner Barron Hilton named it after people yelling Charge at the USC games. IT's a stretch but it's named after people doing a cheer (or perhaps charging something like a beachfront) 

The Browns should then have a picture of Paul Brown on their helmets (I knew this, btw, still a ridiculous team name that basically signifies nothing). 

A bill is not a bison. A Buffalo is similar to a bison but that's the name of their city. A bill is something you pay, or maybe eat with if you're a bird. 

No one calls steelworkers steelers. They call them steelworkers. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, slats said:

The Browns should then have a picture of Paul Brown on their helmets (I knew this, btw, still a ridiculous team name that basically signifies nothing). 

A bill is not a bison. A Buffalo is similar to a bison but that's the name of their city. A bill is something you pay, or maybe eat with if you're a bird. 

There were three Buffalo teams originally, and one was called the Bisons. Ultimately they named the Bills after frontiers-guy Buffalo Bill Cody

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, slats said:

The Bills are named after Buffalo Bill, the wild west scout/entertainer.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Vader said:

chargers are horses 

SD used to have a horse logo too

1 minute ago, Butterfield said:

The Bills are named after Buffalo Bill, the wild west scout/entertainer.  

these fact checks are appreciated

the original statement still stands the Jets are the only inanimate object in the NFL 

If you watched the video regarding new uniforms on the Jets site, it says basically says it will be something completely new - no existing or old logo that has been recycled. So you can basically kiss the old oval logo goodbye, as well as any older version. I think there is some confusion regarding new uniforms and new logo. It looks like both will be new.

21 minutes ago, bitonti said:

these fact checks are appreciated

the original statement still stands the Jets are the only inanimate object in the NFL 

I agree with you, although I’m not sure of the origins of the NY Giants name.  I believe the baseball team named themselves that because thats what their manager nicknamed the players.  Is the football team named after the baseball team?  

Despite that, I always associated it with the size of the city and the buildings it contained.  

28 minutes ago, Warfish said:

By the way, every time this thread gets bumped, I think there might be news and click the thread.

I leave disappointed, alot.

thought that too, but i think they said a spring reveal

13 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

I agree with you, although I’m not sure of the origins of the NY Giants name.  I believe the baseball team named themselves that because thats what their manager nicknamed the players.  Is the football team named after the baseball team?  

Despite that, I always associated it with the size of the city and the buildings it contained.  

the football giants were actually named after the baseball team, as was practice at the time, like pittsburgh was the pirates before the steelers, the bears were named to reflect the cubs, etc. Giants kind of means winners, big game winners, the not-chokers.

The New York Giants moved to San Francisco in 1957 and retained their nickname, which dates back to 1885. It was during that season, according to legend, that New York Gothams manager Jim Mutrie referred to his players as his "giants" after a rousing win over Philadelphia.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I love Huddles.  Always will.  

By the way, every time this thread gets bumped, I think there might be news and click the thread.

I leave disappointed, alot.

On Friday when they announce the hiring of Kliff Kingsbury, they can trot out Jamal in the new and improved uniform.

That way we can mass induced hysteria all in one day.

I cant believe how many people are posting the alternate mini helmets as an indication of the new uniforms.  They are made for every team.  I think there's also a few that haven't been posted yet too, and those also wont be the new uniforms.

Lets be real here.  No one knows, and no one is going to know.  When we do finally find out, odds are it will be the same way the Titans leaked through, from the knock off jersey websites in China.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

If you watched the video regarding new uniforms on the Jets site, it says basically says it will be something completely new - no existing or old logo that has been recycled. So you can basically kiss the old oval logo goodbye, as well as any older version. I think there is some confusion regarding new uniforms and new logo. It looks like both will be new.

Eric Allen have said both are new, but I suspect that it may take some elements from the 80s logo since they showed it a few times in that video. I still remain convinced the colors are Kelly Green and blue-grey. I dont believe this reddit at all. It does not mention a mostly white uniform at all which we will have,

• Thumb Down 1

29 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

I cant believe how many people are posting the alternate mini helmets as an indication of the new uniforms.  They are made for every team.  I think there's also a few that haven't been posted yet too, and those also wont be the new uniforms.

Lets be real here.  No one knows, and no one is going to know.  When we do finally find out, odds are it will be the same way the Titans leaked through, from the knock off jersey websites in China.

Actually many many people know. It just hasnt been truly leaked yet. We have to wait until Masters week

21 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Eric Allen have said both are new, but I suspect that it may take some elements from the 80s logo since they showed it a few times in that video. I still remain convinced the colors are Kelly Green and blue-grey. I dont believe this reddit at all. It does not mention a mostly white uniform at all which we will have,

i think the blue grey u talk about is a gunmetal grey which is a bluish toned gray but ppl react to the “blue part” negatively.

i think darold’s been wearing the colors in practice all along. the black and green jersey (may be a slightly dif green - more pop to it) and the slate/gunmetal sweats and under shirt.

its a nice combo

image.png

9 minutes ago, Vader said:

i think the blue grey u talk about is a gunmetal grey which is a bluish toned gray but ppl react to the “blue part” negatively.

i think darold’s been wearing the colors in practice all along. the black and green jersey (may be a slightly dif green - more pop to it) and the slate/gunmetal sweats and under shirt.

its a nice combo

image.png

It's certianly possible.  Funny thing is that using black as a new primary color does not seem "bold" to me. It would sort of be mainstream actually. Its why I think the grey is more likely, probably a lighter shade than that.