Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

23 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You do realize, no one seems to, that Nike is designing nothing on their own. 

People believe that the Jets asked for a new uniform and Nike handed them one and said here?  This is what took 4+ years?  Lol

Opinions are like you know what. 

For the most part diehard fans buy merchandise and wear it to home games even though I've noticed a decline in that the last few years so what sense would it make to totally destroy a perfectly decent uniform in hopes that people would buy it. 

The new crowd doesn't buy merchandise they are too busy wearing designer clothing for the status symbol. 

Will the new and improved colors and logos be available in skinny jeans and argyle sweaters? 

Funny story new kids hired at work to do very physical labor intensive work both show up in skinny jeans neither one could bend down, I being who I am told them both tomorrow don't wear your sisters jeans to work, my boss laughed so hard he had to leave the site. 

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Opinions are like you know what. 

For the most part diehard fans buy merchandise and wear it to home games even though I've noticed a decline in that the last few years so what sense would it make to totally destroy a perfectly decent uniform in hopes that people would buy it. 

The new crowd doesn't buy merchandise they are too busy wearing designer clothing for the status symbol. 

Will the new and improved colors and logos be available in skinny jeans and argyle sweaters? 

This isn't an opinion.  The Jersey will have been picked from a long group of choices and then tweaked, etc until the Jets are happy.  4-5 years went into this.  The idea that Nike handed a jersey and said here is comical.  Better yet, Nike changed logo on their own. Sure they did.

You should go to games.  Fans wear jerseys.  No one wears skinny jeans exclusively and whatever else you are trying to claim.  Old farts in skinny jeans, spending on high fashion.

As I've said before to you and others.  It's happening.  Predicting they'll be ugly or the new argument that they won't sell to make your point is funny.  The idea that new crowd, whatever that means don't but a uniform says what? They won't buy a jersey leave the one you want.  Because they won't buy that one either?

• WTF? 1

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

This isn't an opinion.  The Jersey will have been picked from a long group of choices and then tweaked, etc until the Jets are happy.  4-5 years went into this.  The idea that Nike handed a jersey and said here is comical.  Better yet, changed logo on their own. 

So fans in their basement have better ideas than Nike employees making millions of dollars to design uniforms, apparel and merchandise, ok. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So fans in their basement have better ideas than Nike employees making millions of dollars to design apparel and merchandise, ok. 

Lol, who said that?  You and the countless number is uniforms you've posted that were 1.  Made but someone with Photoshop, 2.  Who ever said that one of those ugly assed fan jerseys are better?

What are you even saying?

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Lol, who said that?  You and the countless number is uniforms you've posted that were 1.  Made but someone with Photoshop, 2.  Who ever said that one of those ugly assed fan jerseys are better?

What are you even saying?

Supposedly the NY Jets held a contest to determine our new uniforms.  Fans submitted drawings and that's what they chose them from under the supervision of Nike is what I had heard. Am I wrong? 

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Supposedly the NY Jets held a contest to determine our new uniforms.  Fans submitted drawings and that's what they chose them from under the supervision of Nike is what I had heard. Am I wrong? 

Can you show one piece of evidence that this is true? Where do you even get this stuff from? Please, please just don't answer back, "its what I heard..."

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

I am not trying to get into this discussion with you two, but I never heard that the JETS had a fan contest to "design" the new jerseys and Nike supervised.

I guess that would be a really good way for Nike to do business though,... hey guys you want a new uniform, oh no we will not have a design team assist, just your fans. 

The Uniwatch article that you may be referring to has nothing to do with the actual uniforms, decision makers, or teams at nike.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Can you show one piece of evidence that this is true? Where do you even get this stuff from? Please, please just don't answer back, "its what I heard..."

It is what I heard why would I lie?  

Just because you of all people don't believe I heard it, don't know what to tell you except put me on ignore i'm not going to argue with you. 

Here you go from ESPN and other news agencies 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24881867/uni-watch-delivers-winning-entries-new-york-jets-redesign-contest

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/06/fan-designs-for-the-jets-new-uniforms/

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The Jets held nothing.  That was as a website on its own having fun.  That came after they announced the new uniforms were coming less than a year ago.  And 3-4 years before the process with Nike started.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

The Jets held nothing.  That was as a website ones own.  That came after they announced the new uniforms were coming less than a year ago.  And 3-4 years before the process with Nike started.

I heard and only read about it when I search for information which I provided. 

So are we going to argue today and your little buddy 14 can help you out. 

Not 

Just because you of all people don't believe I heard it, don't know what to tell you except put me on ignore i'm not going to argue with you. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24881867/uni-watch-delivers-winning-entries-new-york-jets-redesign-contest

Because you think a fan website asking fans to send ideas for a new uniform that had been announced means that the winner will be it.  Because Jetswire had pull over a4+ year project with the supplier NFL and college football uniforms.  This is beyond reason

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because you think a fan website asking fans to send ideas for a new uniform that had been announced means that the winner will be it.  Because Jetswire had pull over a4+ year project with the supplier NFL and college football uniforms.  This is beyond reason

I didn't put enough energy into it to research the facts I heard this was the case.

Regardless of the facts we are supposedly  getting new uniforms as i've heard for quite some time. 

Who designed them is still to be determined. 

Hoping for the best outcome. 

• Thumb Down 1

39 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Nobody is looking to argue with you, we're replying to stuff you post. Besides, I would never put you on ignore. That blind squirrel thing you posted today was great! Honestly, I think you're just overly pessimistic about this uniform change though. Instead of getting so upset about the thought of it, why not just wait for the reveal? Then if you don't like it you'll have years to complain. Who knows, after all your hand wringing you might actually like the new design.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Nobody is looking to argue with you, we're replying to stuff you post. Besides, I would never put you on ignore. That blind squirrel thing you posted today was great! Honestly, I think you're just overly pessimistic about this uniform change though. Instead of getting so upset about the thought of it, why not just wait for the reveal. Then if you don't like it you'll have years to complain. Who knows, after all your hand wringing you might actually like the new design.

Very true but I like the current uniforms and logo. 

I did hear they held a contest to design the new uniforms. 

I guess I was wrong if you say so. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I heard and only read about it when I search for information which I provided. 

So are we going to argue today and your little buddy 14 can help you out. 

Not 

This post is you in a nut shell though. Throw something totally random out there. Get defensive and nasty when quoted. Then for the hundredth time say you're not going to argue. Then argue. Then put the person on ignore for a day. Then rinse, repeat, and do the same thing the next day. C'mon man, be better then that.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

This post is you in a nut shell though. Throw something totally random out there. Get defensive and nasty when quoted. Then for the hundredth time say you're not going to argue. Then argue. Then put the person on ignore for a day. Then rinse, repeat, and do the same thing the next day. C'mon man, be better then that.

Nope not random that I heard this. 

Get defensive?  LOL you haven't seem me get defensive. 

So basically everything everyone posts can be questioned and scrutinized according to you. 

I listen to various sports broadcasts on the radio throughout my course of the day and read various website information pertaining to the NY Jets. 

Can you provide us with information as to who is designing the new uniforms? 

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Nope not random that I heard this. 

Get defensive?  LOL you haven't seem me get defensive. 

So basically everything everyone posts can be questioned and scrutinized according to you. 

I listen to various sports broadcasts on the radio throughout my course of the day and read various website information pertaining to the NY Jets. 

Can you provide us with information as to who is designing the new uniforms? 

Nike.  ?

18 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I have a super secret source that snapped this picture. 100% fact this is the new uniform green color talked about and called it here first.

Your welcome.

maxresdefault.jpg

I have a super duper secret source that says its not!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

I didn't put enough energy into it to research the facts I heard this was the case.

Regardless of the facts we are supposedly  getting new uniforms as i've heard for quite some time. 

Who designed them is still to be determined. 

Hoping for the best outcome. 

Who designed the uniforms is not to be determined.  Both D Lee and Adams both said they saw the uniforms months before you're Jetswire call to fans to send in designs.  How anyone would believe fans designed the uniform of a 5+ Billion dollar entity is interesting.  

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Who designed the uniforms is not to be determined.  Both D Lee and Adams both said they saw the uniforms months before you're Jetswire call to fans to send in designs.  How anyone would believe fans designed the uniform of a 5+ Billion dollar entity is interesting.  

Ok cool we will all have to wait and see. 

Have a nice day. 

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

These are the worst 

Image result for steelers throwbacks uniforms

da2b3bb6e7af3c9e62ddd0d86a0e11dd.jpg

Yes, but it could be better.  The original uniform was more like beige on grey and it had a matching helmet.  The Steelers throwbacks look even more awful because they are forced to wear their black helmet with it.  Hence the reason the Jets chose to stick with white.

SAR I

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I have a super secret source that snapped this picture. 100% fact this is the new uniform green color talked about and called it here first.

Your welcome.

maxresdefault.jpg

No, black isn't happening.  Why?  Because red didn't happen either.

The primary color of the Jets QB jersey is never a color found in the core game team jersey.  All this photo does is confirm that black is off the table and support that red is a possible color in the new core game jersey.

SAR I

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

I have a super duper secret source that says its not!

I think he is saying the green in the number is the new green they will be wearing not that the black and green Jersey will be the new Jersey.  That's how I interpret this post

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, SAR I said:

da2b3bb6e7af3c9e62ddd0d86a0e11dd.jpg

Yes, but it could be better.  The original uniform was more like beige on grey and it had a matching helmet.  The Steelers throwbacks look even more awful because they are forced to wear their black helmet with it.  Hence the reason the Jets chose to stick with white.

SAR I

They should wear the leather helmets.