1 hour ago, chrisfaceoff said:

FWIW, looking at past articles of recent uniform changes:

Here is when other teams showed their new uniforms:

Titans - April 3rd

Bucs  - March 3rd

Jaguars - April 19th

Lions - April 14th

Dolphins April 19th

And I believe that the Titans released in early April because of a leak.

SAR I

On 2/5/2019 at 9:11 AM, JetsFanatic said:

That’s because until they unveil the new uniforms, there really isn’t anything of substance to discuss.

13 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Are you aware that Jamal Adams won MVP of the Pro Bowl?

12 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

What does that have to do with new uniforms? 

It was meant sarcastically to counter your "there really isn't anything of substance to discuss" argument.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Couldnt care less about new uniforms.

For god sake, keep the new uniform and give us a decent team.

Until this team becomes competitive a new uni is just a new brand of lipstick on a pig.

Typical JETS fan... Can't even wrap your head around accomplishing both things at once.. ?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

When are our new uni's going to be unveiled this time?  Did they say?

I think its going one of two:-

March with Big FA Splash (to get Lev Bell in new Uniform ,Pictures etc, to sell the new jerseys).

April before or after the Draft.

Any thing that gives the Johnson's their ego boost, "The Max treatment",

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

I think its going one of two:-

March with Big FA Splash (to get Lev Bell in new Uniform ,Pictures etc, to sell the new jerseys).

April before or after the Draft.

Any thing that gives the Johnson's their ego boost, "The Max treatment",

I think they will want to present the new FAs with the new jerseys at their press conference.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, ECURB said:

Typical JETS fan... Can't even wrap your head around accomplishing both things at once.. ?

Not true. Nothing heady to wrap your mind around here. Its marketing. Its a diversion from the losing. 2-3 seasons ago the tactic was  bragging about how their ticket prices weren't accelerating as fast as other franchises. Now this. Its all they can do from a marketing standpoint until they can field a winner. 

19 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I think it'll have to be sometime in March. Because we have a first year HC, we have our first practice on April 1, two weeks before the teams with returning HCs. I doubt they'll be on the practice field in 2019 in the old unis.

Not necessarily- when they changed back to the uniforms (we should be sticking with) back in 1998- they didn't even wear them in the preseason. They wore the disco green until opening day.   

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

Is it really an April release?  Thought they would have done it earlier than that.

The answer to your question is literally on the very first page of this thread.  Someone quoted the Jets official announcement which says the new uniforms would be unveiled in April:

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/new-jets-uniforms-coming-spring-2019?campaign=ea-tw

The Jets will have a brand new look in 2019. The franchise will unveil new uniforms next April and the Jets will wear their ensemble beginning in their 60th season of play.

21 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I think it'll have to be sometime in March. Because we have a first year HC, we have our first practice on April 1, two weeks before the teams with returning HCs. I doubt they'll be on the practice field in 2019 in the old unis.

35 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Not necessarily- when they changed back to the uniforms (we should be sticking with) back in 1998- they didn't even wear them in the preseason. They wore the disco green until opening day.   

I have said this before in this thread.  Yes, the Jets get to start the official offseason program two weeks early this year.

But the official offseason program starts, per the CBA, with two weeks of strength and conditioning training.  It's all workouts, no practices.  They will not be on the field in the first two weeks of April, so there is no need to unveil the unis in March because of starting the offseason program early.

As of now, the official word is that the unis will be unveiled in April.  That could change, that could mean April 1st, it could mean April 30th  (although I'm fairly certain they will make the release before the draft).  But it's not going to be dictated because the players are in the building working out.

Here's the Jets current off season schedule:

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/2019-nfl-important-dates

4/1: Clubs that hired a new head coach after the end of the 2018 regular season may begin offseason workout programs.

Of course things can change, especially if things start leaking...we might see something early than April.  But as of now the official word is the release will be sometime in April

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Not true. Nothing heady to wrap your mind around here. Its marketing. Its a diversion from the losing. 2-3 seasons ago the tactic was  bragging about how their ticket prices weren't accelerating as fast as other franchises. Now this. Its all they can do from a marketing standpoint until they can field a winner. 

Kind of disagree. Is it marketing? Of course. But they could have chosen any point to actually make the switch, there has been A LOT of losing with the Jets so it wouldn't have been hard to find a time to do it. I truly believe that when the Jets started the design process 5 years ago, they had their sights set on 2019 as a pivotal moment to try and change this team's course of direction. I think the last few drafts were made with 2019 as the goal which is why Macc wasn't afraid to take 2 safeties back to back, the trade up for Darnold, the firing of Bowles, the clearing of cap space, etc. I don't think it's a coincidence that these all line up together. The Jets want the new uniforms to be the physical manifestation of the changes they have been making behind the scenes. 

The cynic in me would even go so far as saying the league will "allow" the Jets to be good in the next decade to have Sam take the mantle from Brady as the next star of the AFC East. Maybe some controversial calls start going our way. Who knows how much influence there really is from the story lines and marketing of a billion dollar entertainment league looking to maintain its place as most popular sport?

• WTF? 1

17 hours ago, SAR I said:

And I believe that the Titans released in early April because of a leak.

SAR I

the titans did not release because of a leak. They had planned on the 3rd of april. The entire downtown Nashville/Broadway area was set-up with stages and bars before the "leak" happened. The Titans treated the new uni release like a championship parade.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Not true.  They started the process 4 years ago.  That's means after the 10-6 season.  It was diversion from nothing.  

Hard to believe, I know, may have just been time for a change. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Thats (If I recall) how long the team has to notify the NFL in advance of a pending change.

Certainly, if not longer.  The NFL has major licensing partnerships with online sites and merchants who take years to sell-thru inventory.  And the Jets being far from an elite franchise means that our jerseys and hats and gift items sell slower than the better franchises which makes things even more complicated.

Dicks Sporting Goods and Modells needs a minimum of 2 years lead time to get their houses in order, probably takes another 2 years for designs and approvals within the league.

SAR I