Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

1 hour ago, Butterfield said:

Sorry, you are wrong.

This isn't Twitter.  We don't take our marbles and run away from an argument because of a character limit.  Present a valid case against those of us who believe the evidence shows that we are staying with white helmets or find another thread whose subject matter you can contribute to.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Butterfield said:

You take things way too literally.  I can only imagine having a conversation with you in real life.  It must be hilarious.

This not Twitter.  I am not the subject matter.  Uniforms are.  Make an argument about an aspect of the uniforms or don't, but keep your opinions about other posters to yourself.

SAR I

24 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You just dont get that showing helmets being remade, reconditioned, whatever doesn't mean those are the actual Jet helmets being reconditioned, repainted.  Its just hinting at change, nothing specific other than to fool those who are easily swayed and see what they want to see.

Given how many different helmets, from different manufacturers and how many are in the video, they arent even the Jets helmets. 

BTW, the lonely equipment managers of the NFL, theyre the ones who put the decals on the team helmets.  

Forget the stupid teaser the Jets released this week.  I'm not talking about that other than it is the second confirmation that the Jets 2018 helmets were stripped of accessories, tagged, and sent back to the original manufacturers.

Watch this video of the Riddell reconditioning process.  The helmets are stripped down but the padding is left in place and the helmets are re-sprayed on the outside of the shell only and they are re-sprayed the same color.  This is what I am talking about as the evidence that we are staying with white helmets.  If we were getting a new color, we don't get them reconditioned.  We just get new helmets.

Am I 100% certain?  Of course not.  But if you add up the evidence that we are staying with white it far outweighs the feeble anecdotal wishes of a few who think we are going to a different color with no evidence at all, only emotions.  There is real and legitimate evidence of staying with white if you look at how few teams have changed away from their original base color in the last 29 years, what people who have seen the uniform have leaked, and how the Jets are going through the standard reconditioning process with Riddell and the other helmet manufacturers.

SAR I

53 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This isn't Twitter.  We don't take our marbles and run away from an argument because of a character limit.  Present a valid case against those of us who believe the evidence shows that we are staying with white helmets or find another thread whose subject matter you can contribute to.

SAR I

You mean those who dream up actual evidence.  There is no evidence that the helmets are white, green, grey, black or orange.  There is no evidence that the Jets have their helmets reconditioned.  Ever.  On one hand you tell us how cheap comparatively the helmets are on the other that they save a couple of bucks reusing helmets.  Then the ridiculous idea that a key piece of safety, in which the technology is constantly being tweaked and improved that they would reuse helmets, would reconditioned as opposed to replaced with new and improved, safer models.  All to push the idea that the helmet is white.  LOL

The chalk pick is white, best odds of what will be.  Run with that and you'll probably get to pat yourself on the back if it works out that way.  But it will have absolutely nothing to do with fact. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Forget the stupid teaser the Jets released this week.  I'm not talking about that other than it is the second confirmation that the Jets 2018 helmets were stripped of accessories, tagged, and sent back to the original manufacturers.

Watch this video of the Riddell reconditioning process.  The helmets are stripped down but the padding is left in place and the helmets are re-sprayed on the outside of the shell only and they are re-sprayed the same color.  This is what I am talking about as the evidence that we are staying with white helmets.  If we were getting a new color, we don't get them reconditioned.  We just get new helmets.

Am I 100% certain?  Of course not.  But if you add up the evidence that we are staying with white it far outweighs the feeble anecdotal wishes of a few who think we are going to a different color with no evidence at all, only emotions.  There is real and legitimate evidence of staying with white if you look at how few teams have changed away from their original base color in the last 29 years, what people who have seen the uniform have leaked, and how the Jets are going through the standard reconditioning process with Riddell and the other helmet manufacturers.

SAR I

Read up on the process.  The helmets are replaced yearly because that makes them safer and allows for upgrades in technology, NFL teams arent reconditioning used helmets.  Taking B Powells helmet and having it reconditioned and passed along to player L Bell.  

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Read up on the process.  The helmets are replaced yearly because that makes them safer and allows for upgrades in technology, NFL teams arent reconditioning used helmets.  Taking B Powells helmet and having it reconditioned and passed along to player L Bell.  

Read up on the process.  The helmets are reconditioned yearly because they are already broken-in and fit better than new ones and fitment is the most important element of modern helmet design.  The helmet that Sam Darnold wore last year that fits him like a glove gets sent back to the manufacturer for testing and if it passes testing it's good for another year.  If it needs a single pad or a snap replaced, it's replaced.  If it needs refinishing to get the scuffs out its given an exterior spray.  If it needs new decals because of a brand redesign its given new decals.

In high school where budgets are tight I'm sure senior F. Smith's helmet is reconditioned and given to incoming freshman K. Johnson.  But in the NFL, S. Darnold's helmet is reconditioned and given right back to S. Darnold because a well-fitting broken-in helmet is safer, perhaps only slightly but still safer, than a brand new one.  That is the entire philosophy on the NFL's decision to stop the practice of helmet swapping in-season, it makes perfect sense that they recommend this in a year-over-year fashion as well.

SAR I

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Read up on the process.  The helmets are reconditioned yearly because they are already broken-in and fit better than new ones and fitment is the most important element of modern helmet design.  The helmet that Sam Darnold wore last year that fits him like a glove gets sent back to the manufacturer for testing and if it passes testing it's good for another year.  If it needs a single pad or a snap replaced, it's replaced.  If it needs refinishing to get the scuffs out its given an exterior spray.  If it needs new decals because of a brand redesign its given new decals.

In high school where budgets are tight I'm sure senior F. Smith's helmet is reconditioned and given to incoming freshman K. Johnson.  But in the NFL, S. Darnold's helmet is reconditioned and given right back to S. Darnold because a well-fitting broken-in helmet is safer, perhaps only slightly but still safer, than a brand new one.  That is the entire philosophy on the NFL's decision to stop the practice of helmet swapping in-season, it makes perfect sense that they recommend this in a year-over-year fashion as well.

SAR I

Helmets aren't broken in.  New helmets are safer.  You're thinking this is HS football, it's not.  Hell, half the roster will turnover and you think the Jets have already sent PennelS helmet out for reconditioning.  Not true.  There's nothing to debate here, the Jets haven't sent an entire rosters worth of helmets to one company for reconditioning, haven't sent any.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the "helmet fits like a glove" because of the fitment pieces, not the actual helmet beyond what is presumably a stock sizing pool to choose from. You can't seriously believe that a new helmet for player X can't be issued and made to fit the same again. What if player X shaves his head, or grows his hair? Impossible to make it "fit like a glove" again? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetworks said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the "helmet fits like a glove" because of the fitment pieces, not the actual helmet beyond what is presumably a stock sizing pool to choose from. You can't seriously believe that a new helmet for player X can't be issued and made to fit the same again. What if player X shaves his head, or grows his hair? Impossible to make it "fit like a glove" again? 

Exactly. 

Some watched a PR piece showing "out with the old, in with the new" and saw what they wanted to explain what they're hoping for

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetworks said:

Ive always wondered how the hell they make the helmets fit on the dudes with a few feet of dreadlocks.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Helmets aren't broken in.  New helmets are safer.  You're thinking this is HS football, it's not.  Hell, half the roster will turnover and you think the Jets have already sent PennelS helmet out for reconditioning.  Not true.  There's nothing to debate here, the Jets haven't sent an entire rosters worth of helmets to one company for reconditioning, haven't sent any.

Because I couldn't find the answer online I just called three NFL helmet manufacturers to get some answers to your questions about reconditioning and found out something about the Jets helmets I am definitely not supposed to know or speak about.  So I'm not going to.

As for the original question, I was told that at a player's discretion he can either a) keep his headgear as a souvenir, b) donate it to charity, or c) submit it to the original manufacturer or a certified reconditioning service and re-use the helmet for as many years as he likes or its labeled expiration date whichever comes first.  A decent percentage of NFL players choose this option.

I am not going to discuss helmets from this point forward.

Thanks.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Because I couldn't find the answer online I just called three NFL helmet manufacturers to get some answers to your questions about reconditioning and found out something about the Jets helmets I am definitely not supposed to know or speak about.  So I'm not going to.

As for the original question, I was told that at a player's discretion he can either a) keep his headgear as a souvenir, b) donate it to charity, or c) submit it to the original manufacturer or a certified reconditioning service and re-use the helmet for as many years as he likes or its labeled expiration date whichever comes first.  A decent percentage of NFL players choose this option.

Thanks.

SAR I

PM it to me.  

I NEED TO KNOW

12 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I’m actually on your side here, man. I’m thinking we are always going to be “Gang Green”. Like you, I’d be fine with some grey, even with the helmets. The all whites are the best “look” in the NFL in my opinion. The only thing we disagree on is I’d be okay with green helmets, even black ones with the grey and green unis. I just don’t think the white would work as well if that’s where we go.

As far as the 5 team thing, the only ones I can think of off the top of my head happened years ago, of course the Jets, Seahawks, Bills, Rams and when the Bucs did away with their creamsicle look. Which I loved, btw. ?

Jets, Seahawks, Bills, Rams and when the Bucs - Chargers, Titans, Jaguars (half change)

those are the only teams I can think of off the top of my head.

27 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Thanks.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

PM it to me.  

I NEED TO KNOW

3 minutes ago, slats said:

This has been such a successful, masterful, unexpected trolling that I can't imagine that you'd just drop it. I especially enjoyed it when you got your two gun-metal gray BMWs into the conversation. 

So they are NOT white. lol 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Thanks.

SAR I

Can you say if you were right or wrong?

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Can you say if you were right or wrong?

1 minute ago, prime21 said:

We have gone over 100 pages trying to best guess what the Jets are doing with the new uni's.  Someone has some info so may we ask why can't that info wont be shared?

obviously "the information" must disprove the fact that the helmets are white. Why else would you go from vehemently arguing to now, will not discuss.

Also, why don't we all call up the NFL helmet suppliers and just ask about the helmets, JETS, in particular. Maybe we will be granted the same info.

6 minutes ago, Stark said:

Jets, Seahawks, Bills, Rams and when the Bucs - Chargers, Titans, Jaguars (half change)

those are the only teams I can think of off the top of my head.

Rams only changed color of horns not helmet.

Jets (green to white)

Bills (blue to white)

Pats(white to silver)

Jags (black to whatever mess that was)

Broncos (baby blue to dark blue)

Bolts (blue to white)

Bucs (white to pewter)

Falcons (red to black)

Seahawks (silver to blue) 

Titans (white to blue).

49 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Thanks.

SAR I

I'm ok with no more helmet talk, it's starting to bore me.

Can you now get back to doing what you do best? Which is annoy Joe Willy. :thumbup:

I know its wrong, but when you do that, its one of my guilty pleasures on this board.

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

They wouldn't recondition the helmets if they were changing the color.  They'd just buy new helmets.  To a $3 billion dollar corporation the helmets are dirt cheap.  If the color stays the same, hey why not, go the extra mile for safety and have 'em checked out for safety.  But even if you don't buy the "recondition for extra safety" argument, there is another great reason to send them back to the manufacturer:

Someone has to install all those decals to Nike spec and you might as well leave it to the experts and not our lonely equipment manager and his staff of one.  Send them back, quick safety check, polish up the white gloss, install the decals.  It feels like that's what's happening.  Otherwise, they'd just ditch the old stuff and buy brand new gear for everyone, nothing gets shipped back to Riddell and the other suppliers.

SAR I

except for the fact that the nfl stresses helmet continuity, so it would infact be safer for the players to have the helmets reconditioned and painted the new color rather than buy new helmets. 

I coach, and know at least a little about this process and the research since we get the information constantly.  At the college level players keep their helmet for 4 years, its reconditioned after every season in the process shown in the video, reps have even come from Riddell and Schutt to explain the process to us, and it does involve completely repainting the helmets.   At the high school level the helmets go through the same exact process, Sanded down to remove all scuffs then repainted.  I stress that they absolutely HAVE TO repaint the helmet because the sanding process is done to take out any scratches or divets put into the helmet due to contact.  During the season at the pro level helmets are simply buffed by equipment managers to look shiny and new on sundays, but not repaired like they are at the company.  

Again, you may be right, they may be white.. but as people have been saying, simply going in for reconditioning means nothing in terms of helmet color. They are just as likely to be painted grey green or black as they are to be painted white.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Thanks.

SAR I

Best NYJ troll ever seen, save for maybe Roger Vick. Well-played, bud, well-played. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Thanks.

SAR I

You are still wrong.  I honestly don’t believe a word you say after reading this post.  Its all BS.  

• Upvote 1

My final opinion on the helmets after re thinking it.  If we assume that the helmets they showed being shipped back to Riddell are being refurbished, then they will probably be white.  I don't believe they would paint a different color on a helmet whose base color is white.  Meaning the plastic or polycarbonate is white.  If the helmets were shipped back as a possible trade-in, then we will have an all new helmet with any color possible.  An all new helmet would be more in-line with the quotes from the new uni's video.  "Next Generation", "Bold Dramatic Change", "Creating Something New". "Modern Jets Brand", "Forward Thinking" and "Can't remember the Jets making a change anything like this".

38 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Damn it Jets.  

Release the uniforms already.

Let this thread die.

You think this thread is going to die when they release the uniform?  

Theres going to be at least another 100 pages of bitching and trolling . Hell I’ll be good for 10 pages running it in to SAR when the helmets turn out not to be white.

• Upvote 1