Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

2 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

I also now think that this is the new green...a little lighter then the current green...but not quite the green from the 80s/90s, much closer to the color rush green.

These are taken from the one Jets drive promo where CJ is sitting in a Nike board room.  Notice the presentation sitting on the conference room desk in front of everyone....underneath the Jets logo it has the same stripe that you see in the "Take Flight" and in the date on the release date video:

image.png.28d98e9826a81d450efee395d65be7c3.pngimage.png.b0a73725e995067b28421a645c23dc57.png 

image.png.28df70b1e40960141b19a84e7321db15.png

This is some serious Sherlock Holmes detective sh*t going here!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Can someone change the thread title so we don't get someone asking on page 112 when the Jets will finally unveil the new unis?

As for this video....if that really was the new unis I see:

Nike Swoosh at the top of the shoulders:

image.png.8e82a35bc4cc9aceb41a9b3b361d6ee2.png

Don't think the helmet is matte...too much of reflection I think for a matte finish:

image.png.db75667c96139ca36035337b86ee9521.png

Upon further review, I don't think this is either stripes or numbers on the top of the shoulders:

image.png.c65f6ea84ec017c818ba3988839efabc.png

image.png.931c29739027ddf40a4e2617aa101c96.png

Both the date and the take flight are in the same font...likely the new font for the logo and numbers:

image.png.60d8b839568548778e2b5ee656c8b9b4.png

Tough to say of the uniform is black, but it seems to me a little lighter in greyscale than black would be.

It does appear though that the helmet is NOT white.

Also I think the angled triangle in both that 4/4 date and the Take Flight logo is 100% part of the new logo.

My guess is that the font of the printed 4s is the exact font used in the numbers on the uniform. 

It seems the stripes are very short almost entirely on the shoulder top and not really below. There may be a wedge of some sort that intersects with the top shoulder panel reinforcing the triangle wing design in the logo.

First impressions: NOT BOLD.

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

I guess that stripe represents a jet wing?

That fading "jet" stripe is playing a major role in all of their marketing which means it will definitely be represented on the uni in some way. It will be interesting to see where that comes into play. Stripe down the pants? Shoulder stripes? Will the helmet stripe start thick in the front and end in point in the back? 

Also, not sure if that font is the exact same one that we are using now but either way I like it. 

Edit: Also, the video and the Press Release basically confirm the Black Alternative jersey. 

24 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Thank you Crusher some don't seem to get it we all have opinions towards everything discussed on this board there are far too many quick to bash others and call names over what....NOTHING 

Pot kettle.

• Haha 1

My only thought on the colors is that they could have easily washed out any color in the new video post production (hell I can do it on an Instagram filter), purposely to keep people guessing.

My guess is that there will be black incorporated, not sure it will be primary in any way, but would likely be part of an alternate.

But that's just a guess.

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It's the same same font they've been using for years.

This seems correct.  I just looked at their web site and it is the same font.  So it's probably no indication of what font will be used on the uni's.

3 minutes ago, rayzor said:

This seems correct.  I just looked at their web site and it is the same font.  So it's probably no indication of what font will be used on the uni's.

It's been in the EZ.  It's on the Caps that just have NY on them, shirts, etc, etc

One thing I think we might have learned today is the date we are having our first on field workouts. 

Most teams have to wait until 4/15, but teams with 1st year HCs can begin on 4/1.

I don't think the Jets would practice 4 of those days in the old uniforms then show up on the 5th in all new stuff, so I'm saying we open camp on 4/5 or later....

I'm taking no stock in the very limited maybe even color filtered image of the jersey from the teaser. That could be it, it could not, I have no clue.

But the "Take Flight" slogan and the stripe they use with it and the date of release feel significant.

For one it tells us that we're keeping the same letter font, which is a relief because it's aged tremendously well since the 60's and didn't need to be replaced.

Second it probably means that same stripe will appear somewhere on the new jersey's themselves. Where and in what way, I don't know. But the fact that they used them twice feels too particular a choice to be nothing. I like the quick and sleek aggressiveness of it as a design element if that's the case, fits a team named after a superfast method of travel.

I'd love to see a pair of those "triangle" stripes to be placed across the chest and into the shoulders.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

I'm taking no stock in the very limited maybe even color filtered image of the jersey from the teaser. That could be it, it could not, I have no clue.

But the "Take Flight" slogan and the stripe they use with it and the date of release feel significant.

For one it tells us that we're keeping the same letter font, which is a relief because it's aged tremendously well since the 60's and didn't need to be replaced.

Second it probably means that same stripe will appear somewhere on the new jersey's themselves. Where and in what way, I don't know. But the fact that they used them twice feels too particular a choice to be nothing. I like the quick and sleek aggressiveness of it as a design element if that's the case, fits a team named after a superfast method of travel.

I'd love to see a pair of those "triangle" stripes to be placed across the chest and into the shoulders.

It wouldn't surprise me if they are used on the side of the pants. The point of the triangle ending at the knee area.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

One thing I think we might have learned today is the date we are having our first on field workouts. 

Most teams have to wait until 4/15, but teams with 1st year HCs can begin on 4/1.

I don't think the Jets would practice 4 of those days in the old uniforms then show up on the 5th in all new stuff, so I'm saying we open camp on 4/5 or later....

Off season program starts that day which is just weight lifting. First on field day wil be around the 4th or later.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Can someone change the thread title so we don't get someone asking on page 112 when the Jets will finally unveil the new unis?

As for this video....if that really was the new unis I see:

Nike Swoosh at the top of the shoulders:

image.png.8e82a35bc4cc9aceb41a9b3b361d6ee2.png

Don't think the helmet is matte...too much of reflection I think for a matte finish:

image.png.db75667c96139ca36035337b86ee9521.png

Upon further review, I don't think this is either stripes or numbers on the top of the shoulders:

image.png.c65f6ea84ec017c818ba3988839efabc.png

image.png.931c29739027ddf40a4e2617aa101c96.png

Both the date and the take flight are in the same font...likely the new font for the logo and numbers:

image.png.60d8b839568548778e2b5ee656c8b9b4.png

Numbers likely on the tops of the shoulders...Leonard Williams' "92" - no shoulder stripes.

As for the wedge shape,/stripe I think it's a simplified reinterpretation of the jetwing from the 80's wordmark. That likely means the 80's wordmark will not be making a return in any unaltered form.  I like the idea of the wedge shape on the sleeves, but not down the pant legs.  

The "evidence" from the lighter shade of green, to the wedge shape, makes me think that it won't be a military jet theme - they are keeping the emphasis on speed and a generic jet.  I think the current jets logo clashes with this concept and will be updated if it remains on the helmet.  

Black could be a new primary color along with the lighter green, which I find disappointing. If they must use black, I hope it is confined to an alternate uniform and not integrated into the normal set. 

I'm still holding out hope for green helmets.

39 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Hmm.

Yeah, I hate it.

I'm expecting to hate whatever our new jerseys turn out to be.  The past couple of years I thought our jerseys looked the best that I had ever seen them.  Of course now is when they decide to change things up.  But we'll see.  I'll just keep my expectations low so as to not be disappointed.

• Upvote 1