Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

On 7/29/2018 at 5:59 PM, Hofstra Jet said:

Kinda stupid of the Jets to say that so early in the game. Who is going to buy a jersey now, knowing this is the last year they will wear it? 

Be the first one to get a throwback 

• Upvote 1

Remember the buildup to the Browns’ new uniform last year? LOL hope this doesn’t wind up like that 

16 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

I'm CONFUSED?!?!?!?:blink:

On March 4th we were on Page 109 and last I observed this thread was at 128 pages. How are we BACK at 109? Alas, SHOUT OUT to the page and MY Block West 109th ST! :D

Interestingly, the street sign is the same color scheme as the uniform and specifically helmet- white on green. It just says NY 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

How is this 115 pages jfc

Anyone care to summarize? I’m not going thru 100 pages. Do we know anything for certain or is it all speculation? 

On 3/23/2019 at 11:21 AM, SAR I said:

My summer home in Maine cost me in excess of $390,000 in the last 10 years and I still came up with the money for Jets season tickets.  Again, some of us are diehard and some of us aren't.

Which you then promptly turned around and sold to fans of the opposing team. Diehard! 

• Haha 1

On 4/5/2019 at 11:19 AM, JetFreak89 said:

Another take on the logo: 

nmrgnt6j6dq21.jpg

Nice. Much better than the plane/wing on top which looks unresolved. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, SAR I said:

C2240586-644-A-479-C-887-F-2-D3-D6-A0-BF

chiefs-raiders-300x193.png

The hats I bought yesterday sure look like they have logos to me. Our logo is a football with stuff in it.  It’s not the Parcells oval anymore. It’s been reshaped to a football.

No different than the Chiefs are stuff in an arrowhead and the Raiders are stuff in a shield.

Vintage, cartoonish, AFLish.  It works.

SAR I

Why why why couldn’t they have a PLANE ✈️ , or something plane-ish there, instead of a GD football! Every team could have a football. But they don’t. I can’t brli they found a way to Make it even worse. 

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I can't answer the question.  

It was rhetorical 

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

laptop-notebook-tablet-computer-pc-mobil

You can't put a graphic of an airplane without context on a logo without having it confused with aircraft manufacturers or the military.  It's the problem we have because, unlike other NFL teams, we're named after an technology.

If we were named the Laptops and we only had a logo of a Laptop, anyone seeing you on the streets of London would think you work for IBM or Google, not that you're a fan of an NFL team.  Understand?  There are just so many times I can explain this to you.

SAR I

Yes, you can. 

Total lack of imagination 

presumably the jets hired people with a bit more. Though the product does not suggest it 

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

This is a really weird hill for you to die on. Are you doing a shtick?

SAR can’t really talk about football so instead he talks about stadiums, psl’s, and now logos and uniforms 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, SAR I said:

So was mine.

Can you knit me a hat with the new logo? 

SAR I

Charting the logo is the hardest part of this endeavor. The second hardest is knitting intarsia.  So, there's a custom order page on my website. But I'll probably ignore it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/6/2019 at 10:41 PM, SAR I said:

I'm not a fan of these teams but I'm pretty sure those are the Islanders and Nets primary logos and I'm pretty sure the Mets still use a sleeve patch, and the Knicks use that on their shorts and warmup gear.  As for the Yankees, the Tophat logo is on the sleeve of the dugout jackets which are on TV as much as the jerseys are.  Point is, these aren't "gameface" type alternate logos.  They are 100% recognizable and dominantly associated with each brand and if it's good enough for these other New York teams it's good enough for the Jets. 

And pay attention to the branding challenge each of these teams face:  There is no such thing as a "Met" or a "Yankee" or a "Knick" or a "Islander".  It's not like Lions and Tigers and Bears which are fierce creatures and tell a story.  It's not even like a Pirate or a Buccaneer or a Raider which are aggressive humans.  Jets, Mets, Yankees, Dodgers, Islanders, Knicks.....they need help to tell the story.  That's why they use the imagery and equipment of their respective sports on the logos.  It tells the story for those teams like a swashbuckler with an eye patch does for Oakland.

SAR I

And a jet is an object, a very large and very fast one, which could be graphically depicted and doesn’t need the imagery and equipment of its respective sport to tell its story 

• Upvote 2

On 4/7/2019 at 4:47 PM, BroadwayRay said:

This podcast has some “inside” info on the Jets uniforms that seems highly plausible. 

Among the items:

1. Design started five years ago, but Woody Johnson kept waffling on design proposals. Wasn’t until Chris Johnson took over when the project really got started. 

2. Helmet was last thing they designed. Original plan was for a matte finish like the Vikings helmet, but they changed to the metallic, multichromatic design based on a new helmet introduced by LSU. 

3. The NFL and Nike wanted the Jets to adopt a new logo. But Jets brass didn’t want to change it. They compromised and made the logo we see now. 

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/play-like-a-jet-new-york-jets/id1236901698?mt=2&i=1000434228363

It reeks of compromise 

• Upvote 1

On 4/9/2019 at 8:14 AM, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

I hated the redesigned logo originally but it is growing on me now.  There's one thing I don't get though.  I am by no means a graphic design guy (R&D/Training Guy in the Cable Industry) but If you look at the football design there was a lot of room for a plane/jet design in  the laces itself.  If they would have just made those laces a little bit longer and shorter in certain areas there would definitely be a plane/jet representation considering the ball is separated length wise.  head on view of a jet through the laces...... Am I crazy?

jets.png

Would have been such a nice simple improvement. I can’t believe this is their real logo. I thought it was one of the amateur mock ups from this site. With the words New York offset to the left. Just hideous 

3 hours ago, ECURB said:

Offset to the left? Umm

Yes offset to the left. Umm what? What’s your question? 

49 minutes ago, ECURB said:

It is quite literally centered in the oval.

I don’t know what you mean by “it” but there are quite literally two lines of text here, the top one of which is neither centered nor justified. Umm 

ADBA058A-92DF-4F92-8295-8A65AFC69CFB.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ECURB said:

They are both centered in the oval... Your eyes are playing games on you

Eyes playing games on you = surest indication of graphics fail 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company