Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

I am all for this!  Make it simple, make it clean and make it green.  If the Adams pix are the exact ones, sign me up.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It would certainly seem so?

Without studying too much, looks damn near identical to the one in Adams picture.

Would appear to be closer to Kelly Green than the current darker shade.

Nice diversion by the Jets, by the way.  sh*tty holdout happening, release the news of new uniforms about 9 months before they will be unveiled.

• Upvote 1

It really surprises me how many people consider the current/Namath uniforms classic.  Just because they were around in the past doesn't mean they are classic.

There are not many subjects I can speak with a somewhat educated stance, but uniform design is one of them.  I worked for a sporting goods retailer for like 8 years, about half in the print area where we screen printed all sorts of uniforms for various sports.

The Jets current uniform layout is clunky and almost primarily used with uniforms that have 3 colors.  That has always bothered. 

This is just my personal preference, but I don't like the white helmets either.  Everyone has white helmets.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

They are our original uniforms from 1964 and were the ones we wore during our only glory days be they the '68, '98, or '09 eras.

Changing the uniforms is unnecessary.  The best uniforms in the NFL are old school.  Whose modern uniforms do you admire?  Seahawks?  Broncos?  Bucs?  All the new ones are ugly.  And teams that try to go modern then go running back to their classics.  This is a mistake.

SAR I

I don't disagree.  New doesn't have to mean excessive.  New can still be clean and simple.  I don't like any of those uniforms.

However, I don't think the Jets current are a clean design.  Lots of unecessary stuff.  Just my opinion.

8 minutes ago, slats said:

I'll tell you what (and I'm prepared to get buttfumbled into oblivion), I wouldn't mind if they added a third color to the mix. Not black (representative of the failed Coslet/Kotite regimes) or silver/gray (too Eagles), I'd go with orange, which not only could represent fire coming from our so-called Jets, but also would be a New York color as worn by the Knicks, Mets, and Islanders. And also Darnold's hair. 

Yeah, yeah, I know. But I'd actually like an alternative orange hat with their (hopefully) brand new logo. I like the Giants' unis with the white shirts and red lettering. Some teams do fun stuff with that secondary color (like when the Seahawks go crazy with their green). I think it could be cool. 

And I say this as a fan of our current uniforms. If (when) they change it up, I hope it's something really new - not the 80s logo or the alternative NY or NYJ they've had for a while now. Something genuinely original. 

Not my personal cup of tea with the orange, but I like the general concept.  That's why I don't like the White helmets personally.  Half the leauge has White helmets.  

Whatever can set them apart as a truly distinct brand, while not going all whacky like the Bucs and Jags, I'm all for it.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Took this and made it more green.  I'm open to criticism, but how does this look? 

Screenshot_20180331-014714-01-01-01.jpeg

I like that a lot.  One small tweak I'd personally consider is remove the Jets logo on the jersey and replace with a Nike swoosh.  Then remove the stripe on the pants, making them solid green, but then put the Jets logo on the pant on one leg above the thigh pad.  Like the Saints pants, but green(or white at home)

Well if black is going to be a part of the new uniforms, you can bet your bottom dollar the dark green will no longer be used.  Would imagine Kelly will be used again, but definitely not dark green.

31 minutes ago, Larz said:

Jets just posted on insta about 

A bold new design for the modern Jets, it's going to be a dramatic change 

It's not looking like a minor tweek or change to Kelly Green 

Fingers crossed lol 

Yeah, that video is about as concrete advice you can get that it's a full overhaul.

Eric Allen mentioned(again) something in Twitter the other day about the black practice jerseys and how awesome they looked.  I think a switch to black and green is part of the overhaul.

I will say this.  I find it kind of amusing how many people basically loathrbthis franchise and it's underwhelming and often heart wrenching history, but want nothing to do with distancing itself from the past from a brand/visual standpoint.

• Upvote 3

I cannot figure out why people constantly call the Jets current uniforms "simple".  They are far from it.

They have stripes in 3 different areas, in 3 different patterns. They have numbers on the shoulders/sleeves(which also has a stripe) and the torso.  They have a logo on the chest.  The logo itself has 4 separate components.  If that is simple, I'd hate to see what busy looks like.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Disagree this is football not a fashion show. 

Then why do you care one way or the other what their uniforms look like?  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

899685464.jpg.0.jpg

61nM8PXCb2L._SX466_.jpg

b5781bba78f97ad8b23132c9c919d0e1.jpg

You may be on to something.  I don't think the uniforms would be anything close to this design, but a good idea of what the Green and Black could look like.  I like it, personally.

Black.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

The NFL is in the midst of a billion dollar concussion lawsuit and teams reuse helmets from year to year?

Seems feasible.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

20190202_120441.thumb.jpg.6a78d24a03efcfb16ed39c9a350fcb95.jpg

I like to think if I was a pro athlete, I'd try to model my attitude towards things exactly like Mr. Cutler.

Average NFL QB.  HOF level persona.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

If no one had ever seen the all whites that we currently have and that was the look they unveiled, people would lose their minds about how nice they were.

Or people would say what is that logo to supposed to be? And why do they have 4 separate items on the shoulder? Did they run out of material elsewhere?

Am I the only one who has noticed unveiled has been misspelled in the title for like a week now?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Well when Eric Allen and Chris Johnson are supporting something the Jets have done, when could that possibly go wrong, right?

Allen actially said he doesn't like them and wouldn't have changed at all.

Only kidding, wouldn't that be something though?

1 hour ago, BroadwayBen said:

Image result for new york jets new uniforms

Those are actually salty.  Modern yet clean and crisp.

I have been toying with the notion they will have some sort of Airplane/Jet logo that consists of NYJ scrunched up somehow to look like a Jet.  I am not artistically inclined enough to visualize that though.

Well if that reddit post is legit, I'm guessing this very quick tease in the Adams trailer shows what "big apple green" is

IMG_1469.PNG

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Or it shows a green light that has nothing to do with anything, LOL

It is highly unlikely that a billion dollar company would completely overhaul their image and just use "random" details in their marketing materials about said image overhaul.

But yeah, if that's what you think, LOL brother.  LOL.

1 minute ago, SteveP40 said:

I won a ticket to the Event on Thursday this morning through the Jets Rewards program. Only 25 Jets Rewards Winners will be there along with the media. The rep who called was very secretive with any of the details and just recommended that I wear green or black. No merchandise will be available for purchase and goodie bags will be handed out during exit from the event. 

That's very cool.

Do you mind sharing what time the event is?

13 minutes ago, choon328 said:

You don't give a crap about the Jets but visit a Jets fan site and comment on the Jets all of the time. Makes sense. 

When it comes to overall lameness, Yeah that's up there with posting a "I'm leaving this board" post on a message board.  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company