Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Lee tweeted that the new unis were ‘fire’

I suspect that means they are going pretty damn gaudy and something most people over 40 will hate. 

I doubt the players know what the new uniforms will look like. They aren’t unveiling them till next April.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Reading this thread, it's really comical.  Fans debating what they like and don't like.  Like you REALLY have a say in what the organization chooses for a design.  The dumb thing (typical Jets move) is announcing it before THIS season even starts...good luck with sales.  

They have to notify the league well in advance of a uniform change.  I guess they figured it would leak out so they decided to announce it to get ahead of the story.  I agree, if I were to buy a Darnold jersey, I'm waiting till the new design is out.  It wont affect the veterans or retiree sales like Revis, Martin, Mangold, Chrebet, etc.. because the current design is the one they've worn.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, LWC611 said:

I know I am going to be killed for this, but I actually like the Titans uniforms.  If they went back to that color combination I would not be upset...

I love the Titans uniform also. It is a classic style uniform, not to fancy and very old fashioned. I highly doubt the Jets would change the color scheme to that extent. 

Does the team make the uniform?

Or does the uniform make the team?

36 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

No, it was more like a LIME Green than the Color Rush jersey which I would compare more to a "Traffic Light" shade of Green (if that helps? Color Rush is slightly darker, but then again, it was SUNNY OUT and that could have made them appear brighter, IMO).

i6uolurr1wnkxgugojvh.jpg

You get a better idea of the ACTUAL "type" of Green in the middle flag that's not being hit by the sun & in the shade (guy with sunglasses' flag). Also you get a BETTER idea with the 3 flags in the background above the heads also not DIRECTLY in the sun and you can see how that limey Green POPS out compared to the current Hunter Green shade of the Logo in the center of the flag. hope that helps. 

Here's another shot that I could find:

cwllykn6qvmajojhwsfz.jpg

It reminded me of these Seahawks' jerseys from 2009:

147979.jpg

HEINOUS!!!!

And I came across this shot, which I find hilarious:

twuc7egzhexuj3r9x424.jpg

You think they are giving us hints of what is coming? 

5 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I saw that also. Not gonna lie, what I heard makes me leery, not excited.

I’ve been a Jets fan since 1968, I always liked these Jets uniforms but I do think they need a fresh start and re-branding. I’m very open minded in terms of a new uniform. It coincides with Darnold and, in all likelihood, a new HC.

I like some of these designs, but I don't think they are going to have the same logo. 

Even though I like the current uniform, lets face it, it is associated with ineptitude.  Even if the new uniform isn't great if they start winning it will be associated with success.  Look no further than New England, their old uniform was great, the ones in the current era are not nearly as good.  However, coinciding with the uniform changed, they changed management and began to win, thus it is a winner's image.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Packers,Bears,Raiders,Jets simple uniforms that look good this is football not a fashion show. 

I like the Jets uniform however I'm glad they are changing it. To me it's a symbol of disappointment and incompetence.  Even if the new uniforms aren't great I will still welcome the new look. Best example: The Partiots! Their old red, white and blue uniform with the patriot hiking the ball far exceeds their current uniform, but I associate their current uniform with winning! 

If Darnold develops and we have the right management team along with a new look, it would be a great new chapter to look forward to!

20 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Who comes up with this stuff and why?  

The uniforms aren't the problem its the players and the coaches.

Because NFL football is also a business. While it is far more important to put the right management in place, this team also needs a rebranding. The current uniform is a symbol of disappointment and incompetence.

I’m for change, this team needs a new look. Don’t get me wrong, the current design is classy, but let’s face it, when you see it, it represents incompetence and disappointment. 

I just received a gift from the Jets, signed mini-helmets because my season ticket account reached 'end-zone' level. What I find interesting is the helmets are grey. It's the current design, but it's grey, not white. Don't know if that is a hint of whats to come.

I don't believe any of this stuff.  They are not going to release any info until they are ready to unveil. The most they will do are teasers like the Jamal Adams Instagram.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I am afraid of what they are going to unveil, I know I'm going to hate it initially but if we become a winning team the uni's will look good.  Just win, all the other nonsense will take care of itself.

Just remember the Patriots they had red white and blue classic for years, their current uni sucks but it’s the look of a winner.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nico002 said:

when are they announcing this sh*t? Get on with it already...

They said in the Spring

I guarantee nothing has leaked out concerning the Jets new uniforms. I don’t believe any of these pictures. BTW, some are nice and some not so nice.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, prime21 said:

Winning games make ugly uniforms look better and more trendy.

Patriots are exhibit A.  They had classy red, white and blue uniforms for years but didn't win.  I don't like their current uniform but it is associated with success.

46 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I think most of the uniform redesigns have been pretty good. I dont believe that the Jersey shown is what we are going with. We are all building it up to the point we will all be disappointed.

You can't make everyone happy.  Some are going to love it and some are going to not like it.  Whatever the design, lets hope the product on the field makes the new design associated with a winner!

22 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

This thread has become sh*tty..

That’s because until they unveil the new uniforms, there really isn’t anything of substance to discuss.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Are you aware that Jamal Adams won MVP of the Pro Bowl?

What does that have to do with new uniforms? 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

When are our new uni's going to be unveiled this time?  Did they say?

All they said was Spring 2019

My cousin's best friend's ex girl friend's father works for the Jets and confirms what Boomer Esiason said, there is no orange in the uniform.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

According to Michael Salfino, the uniforms were described to him and the closest thing he could find to describe it was this concept:

IMG_20190215_072736.thumb.jpg.8b1c63ffecd8f954556f40a3bd795dc5.jpg

Obviously this is not the uniform and he said that there will be some differences between this concept and the final product (the fade on the side), however he was adamant about two things: "JETS" will be appear in the top middle part of the uniforms and there will be a black alternative.

Once again, I've edited the original picture to match the colors that we appear to be getting and to remove the fade near the numbers:

IMG_20190215_072736-01-02-01-01.thumb.jpeg.92a8823753b1f5a17b9b589be1590e1c.jpeg

I'd love this.

Those are nice.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

The new logo and design of the uniform is immaterial to me. If we start winning, the uniform will be associated with success. Just look at the Patriots. They went from a classic uniform to a blah to ugly uniform but they are perennial winners and that is what you think of when you see their logo.

7 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

WAs this just a visual collage of this thread's bickering and nostalgia ?

Yes. One post summarized 91 pages.

34 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Haha, Jason Taylor didn't make a single big play for us.  He was a big waste of space and yes I remember him going unblocked to force a safety and I think he fell on ben after been fumbled for another safety but those plays were dumb luck.  He never did anything significant for us.  The best thing Taylor did was go along for the ride to the AFC championship game so we could tweak phin fans he made it further with us than he did in Miami.

2 minutes ago, peebag said:

What?

Maybe the helmets aren't going to be white if they are sending them to the paint room!

Helmet looks matte and it appears the numbers will be on the shoulders not the sleeve. 

11 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

jerseys look black in the video, the video itself is black, therefore the helmets and the jersey must in fact be either black or have black in them.... HUGE HINT! hahahaha 😉

Can't really tell the jersey color as it's a dark video tease.

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes it does but expected from this organization.   

Do like I will continue to wear the old stuff buy nothing new. 

Nobody has seen the new uniforms but whining has already begun.  Besides, though the old uniforms were classy it is associated with losing. Regardless of whether or not the new uniforms are nice, if the Jets start winning it will be associated with winning! That's what marketing is all about!

The old red white and blue Patriots uniforms are much nicer than the current version, but what they wear today is associated with winning! Their old classic uniforms were better but they were losers!

• Upvote 3

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company