Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

3 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

Dcq3BHyV4AA8-s8.jpg

please oh pleaseeee

Have to say that I love the white stripe down the middle of the helmet.  And while I thought our uni's have never looked better than they did last year, I'm still okay with a change to try to put a new look to this franchise (hopefully with a lot of winning that we can associate with it).

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

They are our original uniforms from 1964 and were the ones we wore during our only glory days be they the '68, '98, or '09 eras.

Changing the uniforms is unnecessary.  The best uniforms in the NFL are old school.  Whose modern uniforms do you admire?  Seahawks?  Broncos?  Bucs?  All the new ones are ugly.  And teams that try to go modern then go running back to their classics.  This is a mistake.

SAR I

I think the Patriots did a pretty good job with their uniform update.  I like their old uni's too though.  The Broncos' "new" uni's are terrible.  I also hated when Atlanta went from the red/black helmet to black/black.   Tampa needed to get away from the creamsicles to anything else.  The Giants have improved their uni's over their 1980's look.  The Bills look better now as well (though they should go with the helmet below)

image.png

3 hours ago, Jet Fan RI said:

Strange you like this helmet. I've always thought the helmet with the charging buffalo suggests strength and power, positive football characteristics, while the buffalo on this helmet seems to be just grazing in the field. Come to think of it, that may be more representative of the way the Bills actually play. But you'd think they would at least want something that inspires strength and power. 

LOL I agree that this buffalo seems more like it's grazing but I still like it.  The color is really nice (especially against the white background) and it doesn't look cheesy to me (as sometimes happens when you try to make a logo look too aggressive).  

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

It was literally voted bottom 3. Its messy and disorganized. Nothing at all appealing. Looks a like a freaking decorated Easter egg.

This

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The uniforms were like the only thing you could be okay with as a fan of this team.  Everything else gives you agita, at least we didn't have to stress out over being dressed stupidly, since 1998 at least we looked good.

I just know they are going to screw this up.  Nike, the team, we're going to wind up looking stupid like the Browns, I can feel it.  For the next 20 years we are going to look awful.

SAR I

I'm worried about this as well.  When we think "New uni's", it's easy to think "they'll look sharper and classier but also stay classic".  In reality, they can easily screw things up (the word "JETS" on the uni for example).  I remember saying last year that I thought our uni's never looked better.  Now we're rolling the dice.  

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

This looks like a Sprite box 

Image result for 80s jets helmet

Image result for sprite box

Agree that that Jet helmet doesn't look good (and I also associate it with the bumbling Jets of the 1980's).  A different shade of green along with a white stripe down the center would definitely help though.  I'm shocked some graphic designer can't come up with a better logo too.  

Do we have any ETA when we'll see the new design?  Is it going to just be August next year?

Was there mention that there will be a color added to the green and white?

10 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Maybe they’re just getting new uniforms without changing the design. Like the way I buy the same brand/type of socks again because the old ones are worn out or the dryer has made enough of them disappear.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/25/2018 at 9:40 AM, prime21 said:

These pics have been posted many times before but I was thinking.  The Jets will wear their color rush all green uniforms vs the Vikes.  This is the only time they will wear em this year.  So the pic below is not some surprise alternate uniform they will ear this year.  Why would two players post these pics with these unis a few months ago?  These have to be the new ones or very similar to them.  This allows the Jets to monitor fan reaction to them and take it from there.  

It's Tuesday and a slow morning.  :)

Dio-hpgWAAEYUpo.jpgDio-isPW0AEqbD_.jpg

I think our uni's are just fine as-is but, if we're going to switch, I think these are the ones I want.  That white stripe in the center of the helmet really improves the look.  And I love the shade of green.  Even though the road ones look like Michigan State, I still think they look sharp.

On 11/23/2018 at 2:30 PM, Fantasy Island said:

It's time for the Lions to quit being on TV on Thanksgiving.  Most boring game ever.

And the poor London fans keep having to see Jacksonville.  If the NFL is going to try to market the game overseas, WTF are they thinking with that?  I don't really care about marketing the game overseas btw but it's not a great incentive to wake up early to watch the game when it's Jax.

• Upvote 1

This would be a good helmet logo:

image.png.c78c870bb8974a0255c675487b3d2518.png

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I thought we were commercial Jets?

Occasionally we're "jumbo" jets

image.png.8d0b7b6aaf3a15766ff4f956792678b0.png

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Be_a_Jet said:

This was found on twitter through a Jets fanpage handle. This could very easily be BS as it is from reddit but the description sort of matches what I thought they would do, except for logo being symbol (Jet) rather than spelled out Jets logo. 

Let the whining begin! 

IMG_8918.JPG.png

IMG_8919.JPG.png

That sounds absolutely horrible to me.  Luckily, I'm pretty sure this is all BS designed to get Jet fans upset.

• Upvote 1

If they showed these to Adam Gase right before his press conference, that would explain why his eyes bugged out.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

21 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

That’s because until they unveil the new uniforms, there really isn’t anything of substance to discuss.

Are you aware that Jamal Adams won MVP of the Pro Bowl?

On 2/5/2019 at 9:11 AM, JetsFanatic said:

That’s because until they unveil the new uniforms, there really isn’t anything of substance to discuss.

13 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Are you aware that Jamal Adams won MVP of the Pro Bowl?

12 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

What does that have to do with new uniforms? 

It was meant sarcastically to counter your "there really isn't anything of substance to discuss" argument.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Yes, I remember it was right after the Pro Bowl

When are our new uni's going to be unveiled this time?  Did they say?

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Nike has ruined uniforms and it started with Oregon.  They better not go full Oregon on our new unis.  I hope the people from the Jets have more sense than this.  

Is Nike doing our new uniforms?  I'm worried if so.  Can you imagine if we end up hating our new uni's?  And in the past couple of years I've thought the Jet uni's never looked better.

12 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

As long as its not full Maryland 

The absolute worst jerseys in all of sports.  The crazy thing is that I could absolutely see the NFL eventually changing the uniforms to the crazy ones we see proposed on certain websites that try to re-imagine/modernize all NFL uniforms.  I don't think that day is far off, actually.

Do we know if the new uni's have been finalized yet?  Are Johnson and Johnson just making their fanbase wait?

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

I saw this loser play in person several times. Saw him in Cleveland where he cost us a playoff game and a potential Subway Super Bowl with the Giants. If you and your Zubas stopped drinking back then you might remember it today.

Oh, and when he crossed the picket line and became an NFL scab. Oh, and when he quit in the middle of a season to go be with his Hollywood girlfriend.  Great player.  Oh, when he was arrested. Oh, when he did time in prison.  Makes sense you’d love him.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

When a QB gets you a 10 point lead on the road with under 4 minutes to play in a divisional playoff game your shut-down Sack Exchange super legendary all-time greatest defense is supposed to seal the deal and go to Denver.  Gastineau's horrible, selfish hit cost us a trip to the Super Bowl as we'd crushed Denver earlier that season.

Instead it's Elway and The Drive and the Giants and the legend of Lawrence Taylor.  And that's why no one wants to see those horrific 80s uniforms or that swoosh logo ever again.  Nightmares.

SAR I

Let's not forget that Carl Howard hit Kosar at the same time Gastineau did but got off scot-free.  Just like Steve Bartman got all the blame despite there being at least one other fan who reached out for the foul ball.

Start at 1:53:41 for the Gastineau play:

On 2/25/2019 at 8:00 PM, SAR I said:

f46ad93e2582bc77c6109a785e2027e6.jpg?b=t

The good thing about this #99 uniform talk is that I didn’t realize until this moment that FS1’s Joy Taylor is Jason Taylor’s sister. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Hmm.

Yeah, I hate it.

I'm expecting to hate whatever our new jerseys turn out to be.  The past couple of years I thought our jerseys looked the best that I had ever seen them.  Of course now is when they decide to change things up.  But we'll see.  I'll just keep my expectations low so as to not be disappointed.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mark78 said:

I don't give a sh!t about the uniforms.  Only care who we are getting to fill the uniforms!

What if they look like something on the level of these monstrosities?

image.png.3c41fe08c2f050862c3c533a4a4e10d7.png

Count me amongst the fans who are very nervous that the Jets will screw this up.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I believe 20 years or so from now people are going to be like why did everyone wear black?

That should've happened already.  The Falcons are the most obvious example.  They never should've gotten rid of the red.

image.png.e3a5cd2e4c0930c883b293044bba29dc.png

image.png.ae01f7deb412b2b9adfa200f7acd9074.png 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

F1069F57-F16B-4486-B7EE-02342BB37A40.thumb.jpeg.721d5bc19dba2fcb9e55d9eddd5b00ad.jpeg

If it's this then all these years of suffering as a Jet fan will have been worth it.  

Maybe it's not too late to submit this idea.  They still have 1 month to get it together.  This would easily win any fan poll.   There's not a single detail here that I don't absolutely love!  The placement of the lettering couldn't be more ideal!

6 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I made it as crappy as possibly to reflect our true accomplishments for the the last few 4 years. 

Lol I’m well aware of that. The upside down lettering that looks like it was randomly slapped on there was hilarious. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

This uniform is trash, but yeah in green it would work.

Really?  I love the falcons old jerseys 

4 hours ago, jetsons said:

I Always liked this uniform better... They had Great teams back then... ...

You and John Madden. :)   Though he was also probably just as big a fan of Lynn Cain. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I was looking for something in my freezer and tucked away hidden way in the back of my freezer was an ice pop.  Its 20 degrees outside but I figured why not, finish it off its been in there since the summer.  As I started to open it I was shocked by the color it has to mean something. Could this be the NY Jets new color. 

Image result for lime green ice pop pics

You were eating that pop outdoors?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

Going from Hunter green to an Emerald-like color would be considered a "significant" change. This is a multi-billion dollar business, they aren't going to let their teams change the shades of colors they use on an annual basis. 

I can't even fathom a change in the primary color.  Imagine there was no green in the next Jets jersey?  How crazy would that be!  

Mods - can we still post guesses at what the Jets’ new uniforms will look like, even after 4/4 when they’ve already been revealed?  I feel like this thread needs to continue indefinitely.  And I’m confident I’m not the only one who thinks this way. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company