Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

Soooo. That $300 I spent on an authentic Darnold.......where do I get my money back for that?

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Are they using these as alternates, like the Titans unis or the Color Guard or whatever the **** they do on TNF? Or will these be a primary?

With such a big announcement I suspect the uniforms will be new primaries and probably a lot different.  From players tweets it sounds like some have already seen them. 

Lee tweeted that the new unis were ‘fire’

I suspect that means they are going pretty damn gaudy and something most people over 40 will hate. 

• Upvote 1

That’s a lime greenish tinted glow coming from that briefcase. 

Me no likey. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

The stripe is not painted on, it's a decal. 

From the look of the second picture in this series, it looks like the stripe is painted on.

You can see the subtle smudge/fade in the crevasse where the paint wasn't fully applied. 

13 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Has anyone heard anything about when the new ones will be unveiled? 

Can't wait for the members of this site to have something else to be segregated over and rip each other apart for. 

When they first made the announcement, they said April, 2019.  I do not think a specific date in April has been announced.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

If the Jets were getting new, colored helmets they wouldn't be sending the old ones back to Riddell, they'd be donating them to a local charity or selling them as game-used souvenirs.

The only logical explanation is that they are a) keeping existing headgear, b) having routine annual maintenance, done at the factory, c) having them updated with newly colored hardware, and d) sticking with white helmets with whatever the new uniform design looks like.  This is an important and welcomed bonus for Jets fans who will enjoy seeing the 1968 classics worn a few times a season every year as an alternate, something that many other teams with a proud heritage have the luxury of doing.

SAR I 

Or that video could have been staged.  A pure a marketing ploy to get an already obsessive fan base even more obsessed.

Has anyone gone to check the dumpsters at One Jets Drive?

• Like 1

Just now, slats said:

Teams with new head coaches can (and will) start their offseason programs on April Fool's Day, 2019. Players will have to wear helmets and shells, at least, for some of those activities. I'd expect the uniforms to be revealed before stills from those practices hit the web. 

If the schedule is similar to what teams with new head coaches did last year...they won't actually get on the field until mid-April.

Because they have a new coach, they can start the off season program 2 weeks earlier....but the program still starts with the strength and conditioning phase and not on field activities.

See this article about the Cardinals schedule last year:

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/cardinals-set-2018-offseason-schedule-20479510

RE: Jamal Adams tweet with green and black cleats.

All he did was have these classic high top Jordans, modified to be cleats.  He's a Nike/Jordan endorser so all he has to do is have his agent make a call and Nike will modify a few pairs for him.  While it's possible it has something to do with new uni's...chances are it doesn't.

You can find these classic Jordan's online, just google green and black Jordan's....

377542_01.jpg.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The Curtis Martin fumble in the AFC C.G....

I think I remember Martin fumbling early...but wasn't it Byers who fumbled after catching a pass inside the red zone.

That....and Keyshawn catching a pass then waiving himself off the field in the 4th to be replaced by Alex Van Dyke who proceeded to fumble on the next play...again in Denver territory.

21 hours ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

Is it really an April release?  Thought they would have done it earlier than that.

The answer to your question is literally on the very first page of this thread.  Someone quoted the Jets official announcement which says the new uniforms would be unveiled in April:

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/new-jets-uniforms-coming-spring-2019?campaign=ea-tw

The Jets will have a brand new look in 2019. The franchise will unveil new uniforms next April and the Jets will wear their ensemble beginning in their 60th season of play.

21 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I think it'll have to be sometime in March. Because we have a first year HC, we have our first practice on April 1, two weeks before the teams with returning HCs. I doubt they'll be on the practice field in 2019 in the old unis.

35 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Not necessarily- when they changed back to the uniforms (we should be sticking with) back in 1998- they didn't even wear them in the preseason. They wore the disco green until opening day.   

I have said this before in this thread.  Yes, the Jets get to start the official offseason program two weeks early this year.

But the official offseason program starts, per the CBA, with two weeks of strength and conditioning training.  It's all workouts, no practices.  They will not be on the field in the first two weeks of April, so there is no need to unveil the unis in March because of starting the offseason program early.

As of now, the official word is that the unis will be unveiled in April.  That could change, that could mean April 1st, it could mean April 30th  (although I'm fairly certain they will make the release before the draft).  But it's not going to be dictated because the players are in the building working out.

Here's the Jets current off season schedule:

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/2019-nfl-important-dates

4/1: Clubs that hired a new head coach after the end of the 2018 regular season may begin offseason workout programs.

Of course things can change, especially if things start leaking...we might see something early than April.  But as of now the official word is the release will be sometime in April

• Upvote 1

Bigger disappointment: Jets free agency results or the new uniforms? — Tyson Rauch‏ @TRauch21

I get the distinct impression that some segment of the fan base will be disappointed in the new uniforms regardless of what they look like.

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

According to Michael Salfino, the uniforms were described to him and the closest thing he could find to describe it was this concept:

IMG_20190215_072736.thumb.jpg.8b1c63ffecd8f954556f40a3bd795dc5.jpg

Obviously this is not the uniform and he said that there will be some differences between this concept and the final product (the fade on the side), however he was adamant about two things: "JETS" will be appear in the top middle part of the uniforms and there will be a black alternative.

Once again, I've edited the original picture to match the colors that we appear to be getting and to remove the fade near the numbers:

IMG_20190215_072736-01-02-01-01.thumb.jpeg.92a8823753b1f5a17b9b589be1590e1c.jpeg

I'd love this.

I would not hate this at all.  In fact, of all the garbage I've seen posted in this thread, this is heads and shoulders above everything.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Screenshot_20190215-124036.thumb.png.a722ee54d76a3c73fddb854855bef4e7.png

Good news about this is that if things start to leak, they'll likely unveil the unis sooner than they originally planned.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Anyone else having vivid dreams about the Jets new uniforms?  I keep seeing them, I keep liking them, but then I wake up and can only remember fragments.

SAR I

Is it weird that my vivid dreams about the new uniforms all involve you modeling them?

• Haha 1

On 2/23/2019 at 7:52 PM, Jet Nut said:

This one is pretty cool and would fit the bill.  Just hope they dont do the slanted font for the number

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they go in this direction.  The slanted font, much like the slanted Jets under the old logo is supposed to represent the speed of a jet flying through the air.

It's similar in concept to how the American Flag is "backward" on military uniforms....it's to show the movement of the soldiers as charging forward rather than moving back in retreat...so the flag looks like this as if the soldier is moving forward with the wind pushing the flag back....

GettyImages-157609113-576035ae3df78c98dc

I'm just going to leave this here and let you guys argue about what any of it might mean...if anything at all.....

......buuuuuutttttttt in case you don't wan't to watch all of this or read the whole blog...essentially, helmets are reconditioned every year. 

This process involves stripping/sanding/buffing down the helmet to a point in which the whole helmet needs to be repainted again...whether it was originally white, black, red or brown. 

So, in other words, the video the Jets teased us with really means nothing, because they can be doing anything with this process after step three...they could be painting them white again...or....maybe not....

https://blogs.usafootball.com/blog/4785/why-is-football-helmet-reconditioning-important

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

This video is actually the biggest confirmation of what I said it was; the standard Riddell reconditioning of our WHITE helmets. There is no reason to send back last year's injection molded WHITE helmets if we are changing to another color. 

SAR I

I would disagree, if, the blog post I cited is accurate, and the reconditioning only costs $40-$50 per helmet as opposed to $200+ dollars for brand new helmets.

Again, if you watch the full reconditioning videos, it is very clear that the process requires repainting the helmet no matter the original color.

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

Exactly my point.

If you are the athletic director of Podunk Junior High School you send your helmets in for reconditioning to give to your players on your tight little budget.  The New York Jets are a $3 billion dollar corporation to whom $200 (I laughed when I typed that) means nothing.

Those who send their helmets in for reconditioning who can easily afford new ones therefore do it for only one reason:  Safety.   And that's the Jets motivation.  It's not to save $140 (I really laughed when I typed that).

SAR I

No, you’re missing my point.  

You have been arguing that the fact that they sent the helmets in for reconditioning means, beyond a doubt, that the helmets are remaining white.  

Yet the videos clearly show that no matter what the original color of the helmet was, they HAVE to be repainted during the reconditioning proces

So maybe they are being repainted white....but maybe they’re not.  

The fact that they’ve been sent for reconditioning means absolutely nothing about what the final color will be  

• Upvote 3

I will be hitting all of the NFL hot spots this week in Indy searching out Macc.  I'll get him drunk and see what info I can squeeze out of him.

Not about signing Bell, trading for Brown or other free agent targets.

All I want to know is what color the damn helmets will be!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Emerald/Kelly Green.

Again.

It's gotta be the new color.

ff_2671886alt1_full.jpg&w=900

Wow...looks like the Colts are going green next year too.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Ugggh.....if that is indeed the green, that is a surefire way of making it so that I never buy another piece of Jets merchandise.

• Haha 1

Can someone change the thread title so we don't get someone asking on page 112 when the Jets will finally unveil the new unis?

As for this video....if that really was the new unis I see:

Nike Swoosh at the top of the shoulders:

image.png.8e82a35bc4cc9aceb41a9b3b361d6ee2.png

Don't think the helmet is matte...too much of reflection I think for a matte finish:

image.png.db75667c96139ca36035337b86ee9521.png

Upon further review, I don't think this is either stripes or numbers on the top of the shoulders:

image.png.c65f6ea84ec017c818ba3988839efabc.png

image.png.931c29739027ddf40a4e2617aa101c96.png

Both the date and the take flight are in the same font...likely the new font for the logo and numbers:

image.png.60d8b839568548778e2b5ee656c8b9b4.png

image.png.28df70b1e40960141b19a84e7321db15.png

• Upvote 2

I also now think that this is the new green...a little lighter then the current green...but not quite the green from the 80s/90s, much closer to the color rush green.

These are taken from the one Jets drive promo where CJ is sitting in a Nike board room.  Notice the presentation sitting on the conference room desk in front of everyone....underneath the Jets logo it has the same stripe that you see in the "Take Flight" and in the date on the release date video:

image.png.28d98e9826a81d450efee395d65be7c3.pngimage.png.b0a73725e995067b28421a645c23dc57.png 

image.png.28df70b1e40960141b19a84e7321db15.png

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

My only thought on the colors is that they could have easily washed out any color in the new video post production (hell I can do it on an Instagram filter), purposely to keep people guessing.

My guess is that there will be black incorporated, not sure it will be primary in any way, but would likely be part of an alternate.

But that's just a guess.

17 minutes ago, Matthew007b said:

Mmm.. I can't make it out clearly but I bet the logo on this piece of paper is going to be the color and logo on the helmet..which resembles our current logo with Jets font.  Where this triangle stuff comes from I don't know.. I think it has black in it though underneath the leading edge of the 'wing'.

Anyway..  one month to go.  Possibly still white helmets with the logo filled with green...  

Can't wait!

image.png.b0a73725e995067b28421a645c23dc57.png

Someone with much better photo shop skills than I have should be able to take that image, blow it up and fix the pixelation that occurs when you try to zoom in?  Maybe?

9 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Give the Devil his due.  The Jets marketing department has accomplished it's mission.  Nike makes the uniform, but the Jets are promoting the change.

Except here's what the Jets marketing department makes off of this 114 page thread.......

$0.00

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Jerseys are uncomfortable to wear, make you look like a man-child, and you’re wearing another man’s name across your back. Jersey-wearers are odd birds and the fact that this thread is highly trafficked is odd. 

Goddamnit, now you tell me.....

lf.thumb.jpg.24ffbe4c3694f8b15ef794f9523f2f30.jpg

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

i honestly really think i nailed it. make sure this is saved so i can gloat when im right 😉😅

28 minutes ago, teptep said:

I think these are good educated guesses. I'd be fine with this if the helmet was also green and went a homage to/straight up reproduction of the Jets wordmark from the 80s, but now I'm getting greedy.  FWIW,  I don't think a predominantly white colored helmet goes with the uniform combos as described, especially with an all-black alternative. 

I'm gonna guess you're wrong.  My guess is based entirely on the thought that a company like Nike would not go through a multi-year process to design a new uniform for the Jets, only to have them closely resemble the uniforms they designed for the Eagles.

Nike Just Wouldn't Do It

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, rayzor said:

This is the rumored leak.  The player (Williams) in the video is looking straight.  If you look at the leaked one straight ahead, it would be similar.  I'm surprised no one else thinks it could be it.  

The uniforms that leaked in January was so universally hated, I suspect that they would have emergently gone back to the drawing board.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company