Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

They don't.

And when they get the new helmets in, before the season starts and for a new player brought in during the season, they come in with the stripes and without the logo decal.  I've seen it done.  They're put in by the equipment guy.  It was in a video when the helmets were handed out before the logo was applied and players were told that had to earn it. 

This isnt a guess, this is the way its done.  For all teams.  You're guy with inside info is totally wrong

He's right, they were showing out with the old as a metaphor, not as a hint that they're keeping the white helmets.  Another total guess.  WIth or without an imagined well placed glance 

Correct. And even though they are something that is meant to be beat up and take an impact, didn't anyone else think it odd that the equipment folks were haphazardly just tossing the bags of helmets into a the back of an open box truck without anyway of securing them? I'd think a bit more care would be taken if the helmets were to be re-used as some posters insist that they are. Silly.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, funaz said:

Another render l, probably fan made based on the leaked jersey.

I know people don't like them but the leaked jersey is.most.likely real. These pants and helmet are definitely not real but it gives an idea what it could look like.fdf07bf80d30d17cca22f87153520b44.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Love the concept, would like it even more if it didn't remind me of the Eagles helmet though. Still, would not hate

The video from 1 Jets Drive shows a design board of past Jets logos and artwork; interestingly, also included are representations of the Knicks, Mets, and Yankees. 

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/one-jets-drive-creating-the-new-jets-uniforms

Another thing I noticed was that Adams wasn't wearing the cleats he showed off prior to the Pro Bowl when playing today. So maybe they really were a hint of the upcoming color scheme?

• Like 1

Because green would be worn with a red jerseys?

Many speculated the cleats were for the Pro Bowl. I was not one of them.

Green (and white, like the cleats) was worn with red jerseys in the form of a Jets helmet. 

10 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Screenshot_20190130-232226-01-04-01.thumb.jpeg.71bef72a1ee5b049d68515e30a832de0.jpegScreenshot_20190130-232234-01-01-01-01.thumb.jpeg.1564c40331bbd4096eb464781037fc3d.jpeg

Found this concept on Twitter/Instagram and decided to tinker with the original colors, as they were too washed out for what I was thinking the new green would look like.

I'd be a fan of this.  Logo is cool as well.

Logo is excellent conceptually. I would've liked to seen it incorporated onto the helmet instead of the phail 80s logo

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

New York Colonial Vipers..?

Sweet.

I would so get a custom #75 with 'Adama.' B)

• Post of the Week 1

56 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No it doesn't.  All it does is clearly point to the box having a green light.  Could be the cookie of the new uniform, could be one of the colors, could mean nothing.  

Nothing about it says he is the new green unless you want it to say it.

It's like the Schrodinger's Cat of uniform reveals!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Dont quit that day job.

Haha, joke's on you, he's unemployable. \\:D/

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Read up on the process.  The helmets are reconditioned yearly because they are already broken-in and fit better than new ones and fitment is the most important element of modern helmet design.  The helmet that Sam Darnold wore last year that fits him like a glove gets sent back to the manufacturer for testing and if it passes testing it's good for another year.  If it needs a single pad or a snap replaced, it's replaced.  If it needs refinishing to get the scuffs out its given an exterior spray.  If it needs new decals because of a brand redesign its given new decals.

In high school where budgets are tight I'm sure senior F. Smith's helmet is reconditioned and given to incoming freshman K. Johnson.  But in the NFL, S. Darnold's helmet is reconditioned and given right back to S. Darnold because a well-fitting broken-in helmet is safer, perhaps only slightly but still safer, than a brand new one.  That is the entire philosophy on the NFL's decision to stop the practice of helmet swapping in-season, it makes perfect sense that they recommend this in a year-over-year fashion as well.

SAR I

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the "helmet fits like a glove" because of the fitment pieces, not the actual helmet beyond what is presumably a stock sizing pool to choose from. You can't seriously believe that a new helmet for player X can't be issued and made to fit the same again. What if player X shaves his head, or grows his hair? Impossible to make it "fit like a glove" again? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Because I couldn't find the answer online I just called three NFL helmet manufacturers to get some answers to your questions about reconditioning and found out something about the Jets helmets I am definitely not supposed to know or speak about.  So I'm not going to.

As for the original question, I was told that at a player's discretion he can either a) keep his headgear as a souvenir, b) donate it to charity, or c) submit it to the original manufacturer or a certified reconditioning service and re-use the helmet for as many years as he likes or its labeled expiration date whichever comes first.  A decent percentage of NFL players choose this option.

I am not going to discuss helmets from this point forward.

Thanks.

SAR I

Best NYJ troll ever seen, save for maybe Roger Vick. Well-played, bud, well-played. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I guess because some poster with 212 posts complained. I respect Slats so I will abide by his request. 

First off, it's 231. Second, what would my post count matter? Third, where did I complain? I simply pointed out the obvious try-hard you've been doing for the past 9 or so pages, which was actually a nice thing, kinda like when someone tells you that you have a booger in your nostril. No worries, you can go right back to walking around with a snot nose, I won't stop ya. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Sure, I would argue it had 0 value all along (truthfully i did one on pg 99 i think, it was awesome) anyway just because some posters dont like j willy opinions and nit pick everything he says doesnt mean he should have to stop posting what he wants. As long as it doesnt violate the rules. Who gives a damn what jetworks or whoever says. Further if they dont violate the rules they can post whatever they want too.

Jetworks could just put him on ignore or simply ignore the j willy comments, like I do when they constantly whine about him on every thread.

I thought you were saying now no one is allowed to post a number picture because it has been deem to have no value. I just dont like the whole idea of anyone being tood no because some other group of other poster dont like him and have started a comment value  system that could basically apply to any post they dont like.

Plus I'm like what the hell when the new uniform is released i was looking forward to making a mock up and posting the page number on it. I dont think jetsworks should be able to dictate my ability to so just because he doesnt like j willy.

You make a fair argument. After all, who the hell am I? A nobody with a low post count! And all I did was point out that the numbers thing as ceased to have the cute playfulness it did after if passed the ability to associate it with players. @slats, a grown-ass adult agreed with me. But since Slats is a moderator JWilly agreed to stop, his decision. And here you come along with your To Kill a Mockingbird cry for justice! Hell, maybe this latest flare-up will be what finally gets this ridiculous thread locked once and for all! FREEDOM!!!!!!! RATM!!!!

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No worries I have these. 

Image result for new york jets tissues

Lol, well-played. Careful, @kelly may ask why you have them. \\:D/

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Right ok nobody. comprehenda Slats clarified what he meant in his reply and even pre mocked my upcoming uniform number post (well done and thanks). And you continued to whine more at Joe willy and I continue to not care about your whining. 

I find your interpretation of whining intriguing. Do you have a blog or something I could subscribe to, mayhap?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

British Racing Green Uniforms I could maybe go for, rather than black.  Same effect, without the oh so trendy none-more-black of recent Uniform trends.

01-bentley-exp-speed-10-speed-6-geneva-1

Or if we want to get as close to black as possible and still be green, there is always Pennsylvania Railroad Green:

401379-large.jpg

British Racing Green matches my Breitling perfectly! Make it happen, old chap!

https://i.imgur.com/T7X3Xt0.jpg

17 hours ago, Matthew007b said:

Thought this was interesting.. this is the final roster for the flight crew but the Jets color choices and logo might give a few clues to what's coming...

I think these are practice uniforms but past crew uniform green and white.. new crew uniforms.. well.. you can see the colors.

Last year..

crewold.png

This year.. 

crew.png

Good catch, didn't even think that when I saw it earlier. I think you're right, these are the colors going forward. The darker green is definitely more emerald/British racing and the neon color supports what we've heard about the unis reminding people of the Seahawks. 

42 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Image result for sellout pics

I tend to be a bit more polite around you types because you are real quick to call in the mods, but I gotta call this; aren't you the same guy that's always talking about "no need for personal attacks?" 

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It’s high time we all fight back against joewilly12 and his harassment. If we all put him on ignore he’ll either leave JN or have an incentive to behave. 

SAR I

Fight back may be a bit strong as it's all kinda sad in a way. JN is where I tend to express my softer, more compassionate side, so I thought this was the way to go. 

15 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I understand that, but in the NFL the players are has big a part of your Teams History as the name its self. So its a little different.

Actually my wife as some nice Jets T's but she also does not have a Jersey. My Self I have a Joe Klecko jersey.

Now your a Jets fan he's a player you defo need to know about.

Thanks for sharing that, I've never seen it. We all know it's a travesty that he's not in; the backing he has from Long, Myers, and most importantly, a voice like King, makes it even more blatant a snub. Clearly there's a lot going on behind the scenes that we aren't privy to, hopefully it gets sussed out soon. Klecko (and Winston Hill), revolutionized their respective positions ala LT, therefore they need to be in the HoF.

• Upvote 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company