Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

This is my favorite. Has a bit of everything, graffiti feel, NY, Jets, old emblem. Offers so many clothing options.

IMG_2186.JPG

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

IMG_1861.JPG

I like this if they included some type of sleek Jet logo along the top of the letters. 

Oh man I hope they don't screw this up. I'm not a fan of Nike designs, the sweat patch Jersey was the worst. Please think out of the box Chris Johnson & look at some of these outside designers that have a clue. This in White would be epic. And I agree with the fans that don't want JETS slashed all over the Jersey by the shoulder or side of pants. Keep it simple & classic! Maybe a cool double stripe on helmet and on the side of pants, kind of retro. 

IMG_2186.JPG

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

People buy the name on the back of the jersey and there are new guys every season. I'd imagine Darnold has spiked sales. Drafting nose tackles every season isnt exactly good for merch business.

It's kinda of funny that a big selling Jersey was a center, lol! MANGOLD, I move the ball from the ground to the crack of my azz. Jets really do need to finally find the freaking offensive playmakers for Darnold. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Stars drive sales too, no question.  And we've clearly lacked those.

But a Uniform/Logo refresh or change is the big ticket in merch sales.  Nothing else comes close.

The only folks who don't need it are those truly elite uni/logo teams that either can't due to history, and/or don;t need to because they're already elite-tier sellers.  We are not them.

His was the last Jets Jersey I bought.  No one on the current roster inspires me to make a new purchase (yet).

Hey, he was a great Jet, not nearly as versatile as Mawae, but consistent. BUT HE'S A FREAKING CENTER! Name every teams CENTER, who the f*ck cares? I mean Jonathon Goodwin, a guy we CUT, was the winning center in the Saints Super Bowl win. Kids want the Jerseys of guys flying through the freaking AIR, like Alvin Kamara & Gurley! Hell, we don't even have a Chrebet right now! Lol. BIG CHANGES coming to the offense this offseason & free agency. It's time with Darnold in the fold for the Jets to play football LIKE THEIR NAME, fast & on target 🎯 with TDs. 

2 minutes ago, slats said:

More like the White Album, released during the '68 season, or Yellow Submarine, released the day after Super Bowl III. 

I had a yellow submarine lunch box. Yea, time for a uniform redesign, lol.

1 hour ago, Hackenberg said:

Lop your example is horrible. That's your idea of better? I. Sure they'l just go back to the 80s look.....or they might even do a Titans thing

Dude, your in the minority. Most people like this design. It doesn't have to be exactly this design, maybe tweaked a bit, but you can do all kinds of designs off of this one for items like Tshirts, polos, sweatshirts, all of the clothing items for fans that don't buy jerseys. I'm not a jersey guy, I like regular clothing stuff, I can wear whenever. 

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

I addd this look to a mock up. This is more or less what it would look like.

NYJets.jpg

I actually like this. Combo of new & old. Sweatshirts would look great with that logo. Nice look in a quality polo in White. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Matthew007b said:

well... hope that's not the final design..

Anyway I like the mockup stark posted.. I just love the old logo (I know sue me) 

new york jets.png

Logo top left is nice, just take out the dopey awkward football. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Vader said:

this, and more. it is not just to an extent.

Chris Johnson is featured HEAVILY in the new rebrand video. He’s out front, on top, in control.

This rebrand also appears to have begun in 2014 — it isn’t a reaction to the current season, although, it doesn’t appear to coincide with and has accelerated with the emergence of a new FQB. It was probably timed that way.

It likely has to do with research they have done regarding consumer behavior and brand affiliation, as well as merchandise sales. The old classic branding is actually extremely limited and unappealing to millennials, younger gen X, and gen z. 

They have to go in a bold, fresh direction, that pops. 

If they go black and green, they would probably go with a steelers-like-color-scheme, replacing the yellow with a similar tone green, and using an accenting color or texture. Like white, chrome, gray, and/or with textural accent of either gloss or matte, or contrasting shiny/matte, and/or textures, like a carbon-fiber or similar.

The helmet will probably be a new iconic look and I would bet you will see a big splash like a chrome helmet with a green mask and say, a converging vector shape in white or green or contrasting matte, that starts wide in the back and proceeds to a point at the forehead above the facemask. This helmet is going to have to be a splash. But if you think about it, the classic Michigan helmets if they never existed and came out new on a team rebranding in the NFL today — ppl would say that’s garish, too new, too wild.

The way Nike Branding Labs works, the Jets have become Nikes Frankenstein.

Think Seattle Seahawks new branding but on steroids, and with a new logo. I actually think this is a great idea. The Jets are going to have to look more like Jets, more aero, more space age.

Right now they don’t look aero, they look like army men. 

Wasn't the Green because of Leon Hess & his logos were green & white? Anyone who thinks we have the best uniforms in the league is crazy. The 80s one sucked too. Perfect tiiming with Sam to move on, Jets need a youth movement with their fans, 13 million people in the NY, NJ area you make this change along with the Coaches and you go boldly forward. Hell, I'm going on 59 & can see this team needs new branding & new fans. 

If you change the look & hit on the right coach, Darnold grows with the team & they start scoring points, Jets are a fitting name & the headlines are eye catchers. Jets flying to new heights ect. It's a twitter, social media world & the only thing anyone thinks about seeing the current Jets is LOSERS.

• Upvote 1

You can't please everyone. No matter what they come up with a certain portion of the fan base won't be happy. I only care that the keep the Green & White and mix a little old with new (updated fonts) lose the stupid laced football, and I'll be happy. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

They are likely to be an even more bold change than that.  So you might want to start looking for another team to root for.

I'm an older guy & I think those are sharp as hell! And the periphery sweatshirts, Tshirts ect. Would be really nice compared to the crap available now!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jetworks said:

I think the jersey is terrific tbh.

These are SWEET! I hope the new unis are as nice as these. Really like this look a lot!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Matthew007b said:

still my pick.. 😎

DwM3AK2VAAAgSKf.jpg

Sharp. Like it a lot. Not over done, classic, simple. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

I know deep down im gonna miss our current classics before the new ones ever play a down. 😢

Until our WR & RBs are spiking & dancing in the endzone on the way to our 1st playoff game in 9 years & you'll be peacocking in your new super cool Jets gear.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stark said:

NYT.jpg.3f3fd2465f96f531044ff06bd78f4e00.jpg

This would immediately win the award for the WORST, EVER, SPORTS TEAM LOGO.

No way they "nike" push this low quality BS out as a logo. My 3 yr old could do better. 

As far as the numbers if they were a bit smaller I wouldn't absolutely hate them, but the green color should be more "kelly", and the Helmet with what appears to be a "tail wing" of a plane but boxed off is also pretty bad. I don't believe this.

Plus the helmet & the Green tone are way to close to the Eagles. No way these are the new uniforms. 

While many fans did not like the color rush stuff, many more loved the green used in color rush gear. I think the Green leans towards the color rush stuff but with a new logo incorporating 1968 with the 80s. 

7 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Chargers powder blues are the best uniforms in football and not even close. I have seen MANY polls and articles where they are first. Sometimes though since they are an alternate they are not included and something else is selected. Raiders uniform is awful in my view but I hate black clothes.

Kelly Green Bllueish Grey, Blue (White and possibly black alternate) still believe that is what we get. No idea on what the logo will be though I think it will take inspiration from the 80s one.

I agree, merge the 80s with the classic, get rid of the stupid old style football & laces logo and be done with it.

6 hours ago, teptep said:

While I guess they won't go back to this, it's my favorite look.

These are basically the 80s uniform & logo? 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

jets made the playoffs in 1981 and 1982, as well as 1985 and 1986.  I would take a modified version of these unis.

That's what your gonna get. 

You guys won't give a sh*t what the uniforms look like if our offense is celebrating in the endzone all the time. 

I could care less what other fans think of them either as long as they're having to watch our guys dancing around in the endzone in them. 

The 1st time I saw the flying Elvis I laughed by azz off & busted my then Brother in law Pats fan unmercilessly about how ugly the logo was. I guess he's has gotten the last laugh. You think Pats gear sells well?

• Upvote 1

Who will be the 1st Jet players to model the new unis?

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

I'm not saying he played great, however he came in off the bench after Pat Ryan went out with an injury and he was good enough to lead the Jets to a 10 point lead with 4 minutes left in a game in an era where that was considered a done-deal.  Gastineau was a marked man, he knew that, and he had no business finishing Kosar with a "look at me" moment to be in the spotlight on TV.  All he had to do was back off and the game was going to be over, we'd have gotten the ball back, run Freeman a few times, and there wasn't going to be any time for any comeback.

SAR I

The 1st time being a Jet fan that I literally lost my sh*t after losing that game. Games like that one are why the Jets are a joke to fans outside of NY & NJ. When Freeman crossed that goal line I was already celebrating. 

Gastineau didn't take one step, the dude took like 2 1/2 steps before knocking Kosar on his can. It was so obviously stupid I wondered aloud if he had money on the Game. KC fans had a similar moment this year when Ford lined up offsides. Only difference is it was 2nd down & not 3rd but it still was an idiotic mistake & KC would have KILLED the Rams the 2nd time around with a hobbled Gurley & no Cooper Kupp. 

I'm moving to SC & they only have 1 license plate so I'm waiting for the reveal to sport the newly designed Jets plate for the front of my car. 

I don't care what color it it, I'm a Jet fan through & through. Still prefer Green, it's what I grew up with but is it really THAT CRUCIAL?

When the Pats redesigned from Pat Patriot to the flying Elvis, my brother in law swore he'd never wear Pats gear again, HE HATED IT! 6 Super Bowls later you can't drive anywhere in New England without seeing that damn logo EVERYWHERE, from decals to license plates, to license plate frames, to hats, shirts, sweatshirts, you name it, you see the ugly flying Elvis.

If the Jets & Sam Darnold start winning, you'll see Jets gear all over the trip state area, and young football fans will get sucked in like moth to flame to a guy like Sam Darnold. Bring these new Unis on and let's start winning in them! Last years Unis will be tomorrows throw backs again, just like they were in the 80s.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Not only one plate, but no car inspection. Which is not the best thing in my opinion. LOL BTW if you're thinking of buying a new car, wait until after your move. SC has no state sales tax due on purchase.

I'm in N. Myrtle Beach. What area are you moving to?

Beaufort, built a house there almost 2 years ago. I can't believe I don't have to get my cars inspected? That's a bit crazy! One time driving back north in a downpour I saw 3 cars hydroplane off 95 going too fast. People are idiots, driving on baloney skins going 85 in pouring rain. 

Another thing I noticed in SC is something my wife & I call the SCT. That's short for South Carolina Turn. They literally come to almost a full stop on the damn road...then turn. Drives me crazy!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Jetster, what area, if you dont mind me asking? I've been playing around with the idea of moving to SC for a couple years and recently kicked it into gear and started exploring the job and real estate market. 

14, what's N Myrtle beach like? I first started thinking about moving a few years ago when I went on vacation in Myrtle and loved it. I've been applying for jobs primarily in Horry County. I liked the residential areas just outside of Myrtle beach, so most of the real estate I've looked at has been in Conway. 

Are you a NY/NJ transplant? You can respond in a DM if it's easier. I'd love to get some insight from someone that lives in the area I'm looking at. Thanks! 

I'm in the Beaufort area about 6 miles from downtown. Love the area. I'm originally from Riverhead LI, moved to Mass in 85, NH in 98. Tired of the cold weather & grey skies. Have a lot of friends looking in Bluffton, Hilton Head ect. I love it down there. Leaving Sunday to head down for good. Might have to sign up for direct TV to watch Sam & the Jets start kicking some azz & taking names in the AFC east. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

@Jetster I don't know anything about Beaufort, but the area I'm in probably has more transplanted "yankees" then locals. Southerners drive completely different then we do. Wait until you have to deal with the suicide lane (trust me, you'll learn what it is real quickly) and the fact that they use the left lane only when they're not sure which side of the street the building they're looking for is on. For them its only used to drive slowly to be prepared to make a left turn when lost

You can always tell the ones from "down here", they do EVERYTHING slower then we do. LOL. Its annoying at first, but then you realize we're the ones always in a hurry to go no where.

Wish you many happy and healthy years down here. I'll know its you when I see the other guy wearing Jets gear on a Sunday, LOL.

@MichaelScott I was born in Brooklyn, but I grew up and lived all my life on Long Island. I moved here 8 years ago. Still go back up to the Island for a month (around Easter time) and from before Thanksgiving until after New Years to spend the Holidays with my family.

I don't know how old you are, or what type of work you do, so its hard to advise you except to say this isn't an area with a lot of industry or  high paying career opportunities, at least that's how it seems to me. Most "transplants" who move down are retirement age, looking to live more comfortably on their pensions.

Conway is more commercialized, but the 510 corridor is the only heavily congested traffic area I know of down here. I'd look to avoid it if you're buying real estate. I'd recommend anywhere off 17 from the Calabash/Little River area down to Pawleys Island.  I'm actually considering a move to Pawleys, it reminds me of the East End of Long Island.

That's why I chose Beaufort, reminds me of Greenport LI with nicer weather. I still have family on the East End (Southold), I'm in sales, still working for few more years, can do it remotely, but I'll probably always work (part time). Business is getting tougher, the Internet is killing Sales jobs & I was unable to live in both NH & SC anymore. My plan was to move at 65 but as we all know some of our best laid plans fall through. It's a bit early, just turned 59 but you have to do what to have to do. The wife is taking it hard. She's lived in CT & now NH her entire life so full time down there away from her family in Mass will be an adjustment. But, I told her you can fly back to see your family. It's gonna be different, that's for sure.

Wow, you guys are like a bunch of women. Crying over a uniform change. Our old school Unis were boring as hell, our 80s Unis sucked too. 

I don't give rats azz about these new Unis other than they say JETS somewhere & this September I'm watching Le'veon Bell spike the ball in the endzone in his new Jets uniform after scoring another TD! 

Did anyone really believe Nike could satisfy your design wishes? Nike ruins pretty much everything they touch. How about the sweaty kangaroo pouches they gave us so we could watch Nick Mangolds stomach grow at the end of his career. 

Just win baby! 

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company