Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

This is acceptable 

Image result for ny jets black helmets pics

Please no more text in the logo. How about some jets soaring triumphantly in the sky ... or strafing Foxboro stadium?

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

(I) found out something about the Jets helmets I am definitely not supposed to know or speak about.  So I'm not going to.

SAR I

Are you going into witness protection?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, teptep said:

Return of a wordmark concept for the helmet?  The tip of the wedge/concord plane up top?  Is the diagonal line actually the space between an interlocking "J" and "E" ?

j-word.jpg

That's definitely a "JE" in the image, reminiscent of the deadly dull 1980s design. Very disappointing. Was hoping they'd drop the letters and go with a dynamic graphical logo. *Yawn* Typical Jets.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JetFreak89 said:

Taken from Reddit based on a Q&A Hughes did on The Athletic: 

[Hughes] The couple of players I’ve talked to have seen [the new uniforms] describe them as “sick” and “awesome” and “dope”. It’s a complete redesign - colors, logo, etc.

You can't fool me -- Darnold was the one who thinks they're "awesome," right, right?

12 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I have heard from a second hand source (guy whos friend works for Nike) that he has seen the uniforms. Apparently he has signed several NDAs and was very....nervous... about talking about it or divulging any specifics. Anyway, says that the weird dark green unis with soccer numbers and the square looking helmet logo design is NOT the uniform at all. Said the Green is a "brighter" shade of the recent greens they've worn recently....said the logo is an "updated version" of the current, but stopped there and wouldn't give any further description. Not an airplane, though.

Most importantly, the "source" told an admitted "old guy" type fan "don't worry, you won't hate it". This comes from a source I would call very credible.

Sounds to me like a simplification or clean up of the current logo and an emerald green as rumored, and a still relatively simlpke, classic type design and not a total futuristic redo (Bucs). 

We'll see.

If this is true, makes me wonder why they had to give the NFL four years notice for the change. Isn't that notice only required for significant changes in color and design?

He said the number's look like Oregon's. Interesting that Oregon has the same color scheme as he described.

oregon1.thumb.jpeg.1b496bcfa2afb39eb735bdf6040a1e22.jpeg

oregon2.thumb.jpg.e1b6c92905617bb2c50ff1b1f8177d40.jpg

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

So someone saw Oregon jerseys...

Those Oregon uniforms were new last year, and Nike was involved in their design. Maybe the same designer was involved with the Jets uniforms and he/she did a little cutting and pasting? ✂️

22 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I understand that, but in the NFL the players are has big a part of your Teams History as the name its self. So its a little different.

Actually my wife as some nice Jets T's but she also does not have a Jersey. My Self I have a Joe Klecko jersey.

Now your a Jets fan he's a player you defo need to know about.

The NFL Hall of Fame is an absolute sham. All the voters care about is Super Bowl rings, which is why you now have some yahoos talking about putting Julian Edelman in there. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'll say this one last time:  I don't brag about money.  

SAR I

:lololol:

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

This sounds very real. It’s descriptive without the person revealing anything too spoiler (obviously isn’t at liberty to divulge every facet).

I wonder what the NYC theme is though? Skyline designs? Massive numbers has me curious too. Few more days and we’ll know for sure what’s been real or made up.

All the verbiage too sounds very much like something Nike would market for the Jets. 

This guy is still posting. He said he’s seen the press release for the uniform reveal and that the uniforms are designed to make people think of skyscrapers. He also said jets are not part of the main helmet logo but are used for a secondary logo. 

• Like 1

This logo fits with what was said in the recent reddit reveal, where when the guy was asked to describe the logo, he said it was a “bolder NY.” I’m afraid everything points to this ho-hum design being the “new” logo. 

6 minutes ago, funaz said:

I still think that is the jersey but not the pants or helmet

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Every single one of those draft caps, except for the Browns’ cap of course, contained just two things: the teams’ helmet logos and elements of their state flags. Let’s face it, that’s the Jets helmet logo. What’s hilarious is that the logo has been sitting under our noses for over a month, on the Jets website no less. 

50 minutes ago, Grandy said:

I'm sorry, but they wouldn't go through all that secrecy and hype for the final logo to be revealed on a German draft cap stream, which is just the same exact logo we have now but with "New York" spelled out. With the logo and color scheme not at all matching the new flight crew uni's.

Piece it together people.

How long have you watched the Jets operate? I’ve watched them 40+ years, so seeing their carefully laid plans undone by some dudes in a basement in Germany somewhere pieces things together just the way I would have expected. The fact those caps remain hidden in the U.S. tells you all you need to know that the Germans leaked the new logo. 

Like the metallic helmets, the colors and the uniforms in general. The logo, though - boring. They could have done much better.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

It is really irritating that the helmet green and jersey green are totally different colors. Looks terrible.  Then the crappy logo on top of it.  Pretty sad this is the best they could do.  

I don't see totally different colors. One is cloth, the other is a glossy, metallic finish--the shade of the helmet changes with the light. They're not going to match. It's not unusual ...

creative-decoration-carson-wentz-wallpaper-hd-s.thumb.jpg.8122ba03e7f15ab0e8ec3f48dd51a014.jpg

989683438_JayCutlerChicagoBearsvDallasCowboysi794o-ZAedEx.thumb.jpg.d4315ab71b66c2b501a6dc14ee32b239.jpg

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jet hustle said:

The green should be lighter on the black jersey...   the contrast is horrible

They look about right in the photos on the Jets website. Maybe the jersey greens change color like the helmet greens?? 🤔

D3WTjImXsAAGlZl.thumb.jpg.a4ac34a0dcce4f279785b16de42963a0.jpg

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Is it just me, or does that sound like a very small turnout for a meet and greet/autograph seasion with an nfl qb?  When I used to travel to training camps as a kid, there were far more people waiting for autographs than that.  

You're comparing a crowd at an NFL training camp to a single sporting goods store event? Of course, makes perfect sense!!!

This podcast has some “inside” info on the Jets uniforms that seems highly plausible. 

Among the items:

1. Design started five years ago, but Woody Johnson kept waffling on design proposals. Wasn’t until Chris Johnson took over when the project really got started. 

2. Helmet was last thing they designed. Original plan was for a matte finish like the Vikings helmet, but they changed to the metallic, multichromatic design based on a new helmet introduced by LSU. 

3. The NFL and Nike wanted the Jets to adopt a new logo. But Jets brass didn’t want to change it. They compromised and made the logo we see now. 

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/play-like-a-jet-new-york-jets/id1236901698?mt=2&i=1000434228363

I assume this is the LSU helmet they're talking about. The helmet was worn once by the team, in October, and it changed color from purple to gold depending on how the light hit it. That would explain the effect we're seeing with the Jets helmet -- it actually does change from black to green depending on the light. 

4 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Imagine that’s because a handful of people basically just backfill their opinions based on the principle that “whatever the Jets do, is good.”

Wow, thanks to your wisdom and insight I’ve been saved! I thought I just liked the new uniform. Little did I realize that me and all the others that feel that way are just brainwashed sheep doing the Johnson family’s bidding. 

• Upvote 1

What, after 250 pages of posts, nobody is hyped about the debut of the new uniforms in two hours?

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company