Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

I think they will definitely be adding black or grey to the mix next year, too many things they are saying in that video point to that.  I couldn't see it being a complete overhaul and a huge change to just move back to kellly green and white with a logo change.  It's got to be a drastic overhaul which would probably mean a new color coming into the scene and not being just an accent color. 

I really think they'll be going back to a variation of the 80's  JETS logo.  Probably not the exact one, but definitely something similar if i had to guess

23 hours ago, SAR I said:

ED9-C2-ABB-0-D08-46-C5-AD55-E4-B99195-C0

Interestingly they are white and they left the center stripes on and took the “Jets” wordmark off.  

That’s a good sign. It means even though we are getting new logos and uniforms we are keeping white helmets and can change out the side decals and convert our 68’s to throwbacks like the Chargers do with their powder blue’s a few times a season.  

SAR I

When they keep the helmets in storage they dont have the Jets logo on the side i believe... I'm pretty sure they put that on later once the season starts, which would lead me to believe they are actually changing the helmet color. 

20 hours ago, prime21 said:

I know someone personally, who talked to a person in the organization face to face at the pats game and got similar information.  "If you like the retro style jerseys, youll enjoy these"

17 hours ago, SAR I said:

Riddell offers a helmet reconditioning service, takes 4 weeks to inspect and bring the helmet back up to new, certified condition.  It's on their website, they detail how the process is done including the removal all accessories, just like the Jets showed in their video, tagged just like the Jets showed in their video.  They are going back to Riddell for reconditioning:

https://www.riddell.com/reconditioning

Now, it says on there that Riddell will repaint a helmet during the reconditioning process.  So that sounds reasonable, right?  Yes!  They're painting them!  But ask yourself, if an NFL team were getting new helmets in an entirely new color why would they care about the $1,000 cost of 53 helmets which is a weekly lunch bill to a $3 billion dollar corporate enterprise?  Why not just get new helmets injection-molded in a green, black, or grey color instead of going through the trouble, and bleed-through, of over-painting a white helmet?

If the Jets are getting a new helmet color, they wouldn't be sending the old ones back for reconditioning.  They'd just get new ones.  I'm guessing in today's concussion-conscious world from a standpoint of player safety it's best to keep the geometry and break-in of the existing helmet as-is, thus the reason for the reconditioning, the safety pads and collision dome and such don't get deconstructed and re-installed that way, just buff up the whiteness and re-test, and that's that.

SAR I

You make solid points, I can’t argue with that. I’ve dealt with the reconditioning before with Riddel since I’m a coach, I understand the process.  I really think it can go either way, and from what I’ve heard from some sources I know, I’d be surprised if the green stayed the same shade of green we have now.  People in the know are being extremely tight lipped but little things are popping out that lead people I know to believe there will be additional colors added or colors changed. I’d bet on both. 

You could be right though, your theory is sound and reasonable about thenhelmets. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Fragments of the dream.  A chin strap. An ear hole. That kind of thing. 

SAR I

like memento... just start tattooing on yourself the things you remember until you have the whole picture

• Upvote 1

i just keep patiently waiting for like a blurry snippet of the logo to leak or something.  They're doing a pretty good job keeping it all quiet for now. After the combine im hoping a few more leaks come out

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

They wouldn't recondition the helmets if they were changing the color.  They'd just buy new helmets.  To a $3 billion dollar corporation the helmets are dirt cheap.  If the color stays the same, hey why not, go the extra mile for safety and have 'em checked out for safety.  But even if you don't buy the "recondition for extra safety" argument, there is another great reason to send them back to the manufacturer:

Someone has to install all those decals to Nike spec and you might as well leave it to the experts and not our lonely equipment manager and his staff of one.  Send them back, quick safety check, polish up the white gloss, install the decals.  It feels like that's what's happening.  Otherwise, they'd just ditch the old stuff and buy brand new gear for everyone, nothing gets shipped back to Riddell and the other suppliers.

SAR I

except for the fact that the nfl stresses helmet continuity, so it would infact be safer for the players to have the helmets reconditioned and painted the new color rather than buy new helmets. 

I coach, and know at least a little about this process and the research since we get the information constantly.  At the college level players keep their helmet for 4 years, its reconditioned after every season in the process shown in the video, reps have even come from Riddell and Schutt to explain the process to us, and it does involve completely repainting the helmets.   At the high school level the helmets go through the same exact process, Sanded down to remove all scuffs then repainted.  I stress that they absolutely HAVE TO repaint the helmet because the sanding process is done to take out any scratches or divets put into the helmet due to contact.  During the season at the pro level helmets are simply buffed by equipment managers to look shiny and new on sundays, but not repaired like they are at the company.  

Again, you may be right, they may be white.. but as people have been saying, simply going in for reconditioning means nothing in terms of helmet color. They are just as likely to be painted grey green or black as they are to be painted white.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

A month from today....

jerseys look black in the video, the video itself is black, therefore the helmets and the jersey must in fact be either black or have black in them.... HUGE HINT! hahahaha 😉

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

just when we run out of stuff to talk about, jets drop another teaser.. Masterful job by their marketing dept. they're keeping all us jersey crack heads on the string 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetFreak89 said:

It's painfully obvious why they chose the 4th to unveil. The colors of the rainbow are Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Indigo Violet.

GREEN is the 4th color of the spectrum ergo must release on 4/4.

The fact that there are two 4's confirms that the helmet is also green.

Get cultured man!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

A+ sleuthing work there, i cant believe i was so blind as not to see it.  It's plain as day! 

4 hours ago, rayzor said:

Costello: The Jets announced they would unveil their new uniforms on April 4. I spoke with two people who have seen them. One said they reminded them of the Eagles’ uniforms. Another said one of the alternate uniforms has black as the predominant color.

prob something like this:

image.png.2909dae8b09682aacf5ca5d561f35028.png

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I'd be so fng happy.

just putting the pieces together this seems to be more in line with what we're going to see i think, especially if a guy says they remind him of the eagles, probably this retro color, with some black accent work, maybe black around the numbers maybe a black collar. 

this would be in line with manish tweet about it being underwhelming (which i take to be simple) and then the reports about it reminding them of the eagles. If i had to put an educated guess together, combine this retro eagles color with the current eagles jerseys.  Black color with some white accent work on the sleeve and theres the jersey. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, teptep said:

That would be great, but given what we know it sounds like black is heavily in the mix and they may be referring to the current Eagles uniforms - not these throwbacks. So, the best may be able to get is a lighter shade of green with black.  If the black had texture or patterning to make it more interesting, perhaps it could be ok, but flat black would be a boring addition, much like earlier modifications to the Mets and Knicks uniforms.  

Black is heavily in the mix as an alternate jersey. I think for the green or white jerseys what youll see is a Black Collar which since nike came in as the jersey maker they've made many jerseys with thick alternate color collars. 

Image result for zach ertz

see the similarity to the jets rumors though?  look at what we know so far

-there will be a black alternate color jersey

- the name Jets will be printed on the front of the jersey

-The video shows the possibility of numbers printed on the shoulder

-We know the color will be slightly darker than Kelly Green but much lighter than the current green. 

If i had to guess if you took this picture of Ertz and made the color the jersey color in the picture i posted before of their throw back jerseys. youll get very similar to the jets jersey.   A kinda kelly green color, black color, black outlined numbers, and a white jet logo on the sleeves.  White jerseys would also go black color, green numbers with black outline, and a green jets logo on the side.  Black alternate i believe will be black with green numbers and green collar.  It will be simple which would substantiate the "underwhelming" rumor and match up with rumors we heard before about little style elements, also would substantiate the "reminds me of the eagles" jersey rumor. 

i honestly really think i nailed it. make sure this is saved so i can gloat when im right 😉😅

30 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I'm gonna guess you're wrong.  My guess is based entirely on the thought that a company like Nike would not go through a multi-year process to design a new uniform for the Jets, only to have them closely resemble the uniforms they designed for the Eagles.

Nike Just Wouldn't Do It

i think it still syncs up with what nike said though, a "completely radical change"  that could be the black alternate, the jets have never done that.  but who knows, people also rumor that grey will be heavily involved so we cant be completely sure what we'll get.. I'm just trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together.  

If they are underwhelming as manish' source claims then i think they'll be more in line with what im guessing than something super crazy

3 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Will MetLife be getting a makeover as well?  New turf? A roof? New LED lights?

the color of the LED green lights in the stadium are probably more in line with the new jersey color than they were with the old to be honest.  The green lighting they used in the stadium looked way more like the color rush jersey green than the dark hunter green that was supposed to be the jersey color even though it was a mess.

I thought it was too but when you look at last years side line hat it wasn’t that green I don’t believe it was darker 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR has known the helmets were green and that the uni's were not a radical departure for over a month.  One of your mod friends whom I confided in will confirm this for you in private shortly.

SAR I

I don’t care either way, and I’m sure you may have gotten info on green helmets, but you gotta own up to the staunch defense of the white helmet and the reconditioning process. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I own it, I was wrong.  I thought we'd stay white.

Thing is, I've known I was wrong for 6 weeks so today's leak isn't upsetting me as I've resigned myself and gotten comfortable with the green helmets.  And I do think this leak is legit as it feels like everything I was told back then.

SAR I

Yea i agree, i do think this is a legit leak as well, interested to see what they look like in person, im not in love with shine im seeing on the helmets and jerseys... makes me think of the super cheap crap jerseys id get playing in high school or independent leagues.   we'll have to see thursday though.  I really really wanted matte green helmets. 

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Ha!  So that's where Limelight Green is.

We're missing the 6 other players on the right side of this image. 

SAR I

one question i have about the authenticity is that there is no nike swoosh on the jersey which i believe nike has on most if not all jerseys? not 100% on that, but also...

Why at a jets and NIKE joint event, is quincy wearing underarmour in the promos? lol idk maybe im reading too much into it but i would assume nike would want all nike equipment in their promotional pieces. 

55 minutes ago, SAR I said:

ff_3488375-b7a1405422adfc2fd731_full.jpg

Oh yeah.

SAR I

only criticism is that new york is SO prominent on the front of the jersey, a smaller font would have looked less hokey to me.  I get why they did it, i understand the symbolism... just not a huge fan of that aspect of the jersey.   I'm also having a hard time nailing down what color the green actually is.. it looked super dark in the live stream, but now in pictures im seeing its actually much lighter than i thought and pops more off the jerseys than it appeared to. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company