Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

I LOVE the current green jerseys with white numbers.  The only thing I would change is to have the Jets "J" from the 80's logo flying across a cool font of NY on the helmet with a green football around it.  I would HATE any version of a black jersey.

I might be in the minority, but I really like the 80's "Jet" logo and would love to see it in green on a white helmet.  

I also thought the shade of green on the flag giveaway was curious and was not a big fan of it and hope that it is NOT a preview of next year's uniform color.  

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

No Super Bowls in 50 years and counting.  I'm all for rebooting the franchise.  We have a new QB, will have a new HC, and I'm looking forward to the new uniforms.  I'm ok with black and some type of green if that's what it comes down to, as long as the uniforms aren't busy with 3 colors or more like the latest versions of the Buccaneers, Seahawks, and Titans.  Keep it 2 colors and as simple as possible, no matter what the shade of green is and I'll be ok with it.  A black helmet with a green logo or green helmet with a white or black logo would both be awesome IMO. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Sign me up too

I can live with the uniform ( a little boring if you ask me) but the plane logo on the helmet looks like Windows Clipboard art from 2002.  HORRIBLE.  There are so many cool things a design team can do with a jet as a logo and THAT is not one of them.  

• Haha 1

I think the main uniform color will be a lighter shade of green with yet another shade of green for the numbers and player names, ala Cleveland's brown on brown unis this year. I can live with that.

On 1/26/2019 at 12:45 PM, joewilly12 said:

Related image

I'm not generally a big fan of black uniforms but I can live with these! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UpperDecker317 said:

rank in order of anticipation...

-free agency

-jets new jersey reveal

-draft

-training camp

1- Draft

2- Draft

3- Draft

4- Draft

5- Draft

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

According to Michael Salfino, the uniforms were described to him and the closest thing he could find to describe it was this concept:

IMG_20190215_072736.thumb.jpg.8b1c63ffecd8f954556f40a3bd795dc5.jpg

Obviously this is not the uniform and he said that there will be some differences between this concept and the final product (the fade on the side), however he was adamant about two things: "JETS" will be appear in the top middle part of the uniforms and there will be a black alternative.

Once again, I've edited the original picture to match the colors that we appear to be getting and to remove the fade near the numbers:

IMG_20190215_072736-01-02-01-01.thumb.jpeg.92a8823753b1f5a17b9b589be1590e1c.jpeg

I'd love this.

This would be great!  Sign me up!

Looks like the number fonts are one solid color which should put to rest the validity of the reddit "leaked" jerseys.  

Are there any video gurus on the board that can lighten the video to see the uniform better?

• Upvote 1

The question no one has asked and that is of the utmost importance and urgency is if Le'veon Bell is on board with our new uniforms and if they're hideous, will it impact his decision??  Inquiring minds want to know!  

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

I really wish we would incorporate an actual Fighter Jet into our logo/uni.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Completely agree.  How could the new logo not directly represent the team name??  If some version of a Jet, whether abstract or realistic isn't incorporated into the new logo, this would be very disappointing for me and a missed opportunity for the Jets IMO.  

• Upvote 2

Bell's Jets jersey will be the #1 seller in the NFL the week of 4/4. 

• Upvote 2

Knowing that the team was heavy in cap space and likely to make a big splash in free agency in 2019, why wouldn't the team get together with the marketing folks, the league, or whoever the decision makers are on such things and coordinate to reveal their new jerseys BEFORE the free agency period so they could have their shiny new players pose at their press conferences with the new jerseys?  Just saying. 

Or am I being ignorant about this and there's a specific reason for the timing of the jerseys being revealed on 4/4?  Inquiring minds want to know. 

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You mean when was the last time some fans didn't question anything they do? 

Cant believe people are now whining about the release date of the uniform.  Too funny.  FA, draft, hey why didn't they release them for Christmas?  LOL

Questioning the release date is valid and fair when the team keeps parading their new FA's in old merchandise which quite frankly is idiotic and a complete fail of their marketing department, ownership, or whatever other idiot in the organization decided this.  Sorry.  True story. 

46 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No it's not, the dates were given a year ago.  Pick a date, any date given a year ago and I'll come up with a reason they should have done the release on an earlier date.  As I said, would have sold a ton at Christmas. 

Now which player have the Jets paraded in old merchandise?  Who's been pictured in a jersey?  You know that is a marketing fail.  Because marketing 101 says you'll make less money on April 4th than on March 12th?  LOL, admit it, we all just want to see the uniforms and don't want to wait.  Not one person crying gives a damn about marketing.

Look, I could care less what date the uniforms will actually be released, but it just seems that it would have been a smarter idea to reveal the uniforms ANYTIME before free agency and then show off the new team swag on their newly signed FA's as opposed to a random date a month later.  If they had decided to reveal the uniforms at the draft, fantastic, but on a random day after FA starts and almost a month before the draft?  Silly IMO.      

Not trying to pick a fight here, just seriously curious about this.  Forgive me, it's a slow work day so far. :grin:

18 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

So one version could be something like this.

jetsconcept (1).jpg

My sticking point with these uniforms is the non-solid numbers.  I just don't like that look.  That being said, I would take this simple uniform over the way too busy and multi colored atrocities of the Bucs and Titans. 

2 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

People will have plenty of time to buy new Bell jerseys. Plus, now you have a window where people can buy a Bell jersey with the current design and then buy a new one a month from now. More sales. 

That, my friend, is how marketing works. 

Nope.  The Jets announced that they were getting new uniforms before the beginning of the 2018 season which to me was a colossal mistake.  I suspect that more people than not who were thinking of buying jerseys for the 2018 season would logically wait to get the new jerseys the following year, or at least wait until right before the new jerseys come out to scoop up the heavily discounted old jerseys which would seemingly depress sales and decrease profits during that time period, not increase them. As we speak - all NY Jets jerseys are on sale on the NFL official site and no, there are no Le'veon Bell jerseys or any newly signed FA's to be had.  How's that good marketing?

• Upvote 2

I would be disappointed if lime green is anywhere in the new uniforms unless it's a border for white numbers on a Kelly green jersey.  That might be kind of cool.   Or not.  

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Precisely why I’m not leaking the color and design philosophy of the helmet despite knowing both since February. 

SAR I

Much like your car, your PSL, your "wealth," and probably everything else about you, your need to scream "look at me and my awesomeness" far exceeds your loyalty to keep something secret.  I call complete BS on this and most of everything else that you say.  

Carry on.  

• Upvote 2

After all of the wackiness in this thread and the good and not so good speculation and debate, I'm still super stoked to see the new uniforms finally.  As a fan of 40+ years, no matter how great or ugly the new unis are, most of us will find a way to convince ourselves they are the best things since sliced bread. 

I will be a first day buyer of a Darnold, Bell and customized jersey, and when my wife gets wind of my plan, she will parlay my spending spree to include an assault on a shopping cart worth of Bath and Body Works soaps, sprays, and candles.  

Fair trade.  Can't wait!

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

I hope this thread goes on forever.

The saying "you root for the laundry" is so true, and that's why so many of us actually care what the laundry looks like!  I hope the new unis will appeal to all of us in some way, and quite honestly, I'm looking forward to all of the reactions after the reveal!

• Upvote 3

4/4 is shaping up to be a glorious day.  Going to the Mets home opener with my son for the 12th consecutive year (he's going off to college in the fall so this will be the last one for a few years) and then I come home to view the Jets uniform reveal.  Good times! 

• Upvote 3

Based on all of the verbal descriptions of the uniforms from various sources, including the Jets, that we've heard up until now, I'm going to throw my opinion in the ring and say these are NOT the uniforms.  

If they are, I would be mildly disappointed.  We were told there would be a bold change and this is in no way bold, and in fact, kind of boring. 

If they are legit, at least they didn't totally F them up as many including myself were concerned about, so there's that. 

• Upvote 3

Why would Jamal Adams subject himself to a ton of grief from the fans by telling a lie that will be disproven the following day?  Seems quite silly and self defeating just to save the integrity of the "event," even though interest will be sky high with or without a leak. 

Another thing about the photo that is bugging me is the fact that there is no clear shot of the full helmet and logo which is not exactly the best way to model a new helmet and ultimately what is the true identity marker of the team. 

Just sayin. 

• Upvote 1

Too many descriptions of the uniforms by those who had allegedly seen them over the last few months all pointed to a big and bold overhaul of the current uniforms and logo.  I cannot believe (maybe just don't want to believe) that this is the end result.  They just seem too underwhelming and not enough of a departure from previous iterations of the uniform to match all of the hype the team itself has created.  

Final answer - FAKE (fingers crossed). 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Happy uniform day folks!  This thread has been a blast! 

No matter what uniforms are finally revealed tonight, I'll grow to like them because this is my team, dammit!! , When the team starts winning playoff games and Super Bowls in them, I think we'll all come around!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Like 1

Just back from the Mets home opener.  Lets hope tonight's reveal is more exciting.  Are we still thinking the leaked photo is legit?

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company