Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

So why get a darnold Jersey this year when you can get a different jersey with a different qb.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

New agents would be cooler.

So our qb is holding out and we’re getting new unis in 2019.  Can’t wait for this year.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Perhaps, but why leave the green stripes on them?  And why Tweet the term "makeover".

SAR I

b/c they didn't think about the verbage nearly as much as the folks here.  i would guess though that if they're going to tweak the color scheme as well as redesign the unis the helmets would also see a change, both in logo and stripe.  the 2 stripes are part of the old school and i'm guessing the new helmets won't have any stripes.  

Just now, nyjunc said:

They will be revealed before the draft.  The last time we unveiled new unis in 1998 they did it in February.  My guess is they will be unveiled in Feb or March but definitely before the draft

so we can all run out and buy another DT uni.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Stark said:

It's around the 20:30 mark, but honestly its nothing really. EA just says that:

"Jamal Adams "the King of Swag" .... I know he's pumped about the new uniforms he knows a bit about style"

"Fans are going to be pleasantly, I don't know if surprised is the right word, but fans are going to be very happy when the see these"

they've only talked about the uniforms - does that mean there will be a new helmet logo or is that just hypothesis?

4 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Maybe that is why the helmets will be bright green. The field turf and grass is not bright green. They will stand out if properly accented with black, white, silver, whatever. I still think black helmets with bright green in the logo and stripes is on the table. No-one knows for sure if the helmets will be green.

didn't the text say something about the helmets being green and using the football with a revised logo?

5 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I'm sure they heard you but it doesn't mean they would actually change their opinions of a design they like because of what you said. They may make it a talking point, but if it interferes with an amazing design I hope they ignore it. I've done this for many years and the worst thing that can happen is if they compromise a great design because of too many cooks. How about you take this out, change this color and don't forget about that thing from the 80s - and oh yeah, try to combine both of these concepts if you can. Then all you get is a watered down design that appeals to no-one. The designers, especially if they work for the NFL, which I think they do, will have done lots of research on the history of the team before the designs were submitted. The Jets will be able to notice mistakes or historical things they may have overlooked. If the #14 is so bad in Jets history, have Sam change his number!

the 80s helmet was great and i hope they go back to this as much as possible.  they can't be haunted by richard todd, he shouldn't dictate the new uniforms.  

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

I know someone personally, who talked to a person in the organization face to face at the pats game and got similar information.  "If you like the retro style jerseys, youll enjoy these"

what is retro - the 80s unis?

14 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Seems to me the only people who like these uniforms are people too young to remember how badly the Jets sucked when they wore them. I have no desire for them to go back to this. 

jets made the playoffs in 1981 and 1982, as well as 1985 and 1986.  I would take a modified version of these unis.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Yes Joe. I can confirm those are the new uniforms. Hope you like them...

BTW is this the same guy who gives you the clams?

really hope not.

I still think we’re going to see the color on Robbie anderson’s Car, he’s just the person to reveal something beforehand.  Also wouldn’t be surprised to see 2 shades of green, Kelly and more of a neon.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UpperDecker317 said:

Quoting Manish is laughable

it's like a madlib with manish - "someone who has seen the new jets ________ said they were underwhelming."

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JetFreak89 said:

You can keep repeating this but the German guys had all those hats along with one for the Jets. So are you saying that they were sent one fake hat out of 32? If the NFL wanted to wait until Thursday to reveal, why not send only 31 hats instead of including a placeholder?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Funny thing is, if we weren’t told there was going to be a big change nobody would have noticed the subtle change in that hat.  It’s barely a change.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, funaz said:

They leaked. Here they are:

4xm6o5g6u1q21.jpg

lol. I think this is a PS of the Leak from the jaguars.

this really looks real.  

• Upvote 2

aren't those the 5 players you'd have model the jerseys - with bell being the only other option but he's too new.

Just now, BurnleyJet said:

Wow not sure what I feel, I don’t like the New York on the Jersey. It’s very Cleveland Browns.

last time i checked, cleveland is good!

• Haha 1

Just now, jetsons said:

From what I can see that logo looks pretty lame.  😕

kind of a compromise between the 80s and now.  but i like the green helmet.  very sleek.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

Really nice uni’s! But the logo on the helmet? Come on man...thats weak!

i still prefer the 80s helmets but this seems to be as close as they'd go.  same font as now, but the style of the 80s.  a compromise.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

That’s my one real complaint. At least incorporate a damn fighter jet in there instead of a football.

seems like they didn't want to remove the 'jets' from the helmet, ok, i get it, that's the connection to the past.  font as well.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Legend Killa7 said:

me too.  I mean I don't know anything about photoshop, but if it is not legit, they did a REAL nice job photoshopping Sam, Jamal, Leo, etc into those things.  I hope they ARE legit, because they are friggin' NICE!

enunwa and herndon - those guys would be the ones to model the unis.  

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

If this is legit...the Helmet sucks big time but at least the Jersey's are cool.

I like going back to green and only an all green helmet would work with an all black alternate.  (I thought they were white?  Didn't someone call up Riddle and confirm this?)

But that's just a sh*tty sh*tty logo.  Seriously, it's a microsoft clip art football.  I would expect more from Nike.

not sure that's nike, that seems more like the jets not wanting to deviate too much from the past.  

Just now, kdels62 said:

The shoulder swoosh/ line thing is kinda confusing. It looks really good on Robby’s uniform but kinda stretched on Sam’s. 

i think the white jersey looks cooler than the green one in general

Just now, SAR I said:

100%, I'm really happy.

And I like the green helmets (yikes).  That chrome is sick.

SAR I

agreed.  and while many here pine(d) for the 80s helmet logo we all knew that wasn't coming back.  this is as close as we'd get.  

only thing not in these pics is the shade of green from JB's tie.

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

58b5baebad6f41227f000001.jpg

Put Neil in a smedium, change the shoulder stripes and darken the color and this ^^^^^ is not much different than this  VVVV

image.png.d852be682c9a2323000ce7eba04f0c54.png

I like it, but I was expecting more....this is NOT a "complete redesign".  It's a "revisit" to one of the worst periods in Jets football history.

the green is sleeker, the number fonts are different and the stripes are completely different.  only similarity is the black around the numbers.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

1476588_457540661018275_49929488_n.jpg?w

The Jets are part of the NFL and the NFL has traditional/classy/conventional primary uniforms.

And I'm guessing "Limelight" green isn't shown.  Lots of room for alternates.  The void area above the shoulder/chest stripes can get the Ducks treatment anytime the Jets want.  A helmet decal tweak and the Jets can add silver in place of black as well.

SAR I

the color of jb smoove's tie could be inserted to change the look easily, especially in the black unis.

• Upvote 1

Just now, DLJ said:

Jamal Adams said those aren’t the jerseys

he should know, he got bell to come here.

Just now, NYs Stepchild said:

The numbers are not big. 

There is nothing that makes you think of skyscrapers. 

There is no lime color at all. 

i'm wondering about the lime color, which was prominently featured on jb smoove's tie.  

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

They're trying to save the event.

Last year the Jags unveiled theirs and Fournette was wearing Under Armour too.  Quincy has a contract with Under Armour.

logo on 'german hat' is similar to helmet logo, and font is the same.

the promo where they say it will be revealed on 4/4 - the slash is similar to the slashes coming from the shoulders of the jersey.

one thing i can't place is where they got jb smoove's tie color from - where does that factor in if at all?

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company