Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

While I personally do want black, it isn't as a primary color, but more like an etching between the green and white stripes, or an outline around the numbers kinda like the eagles have 3 or 4 colors, but instead have us just dd the 3rd between the green and white.

Even a heather grey, or charcoal grey would be nice.

Maybe I'm reading into this a little more than I should, but I don't think its by chance we introduced the black practice squad jerseys.  I think that would a motive to get some feedback of having black incorporated into the uniform before it launches, so they can make any necessary tweaks or changes.

• Like 1

I cant believe how many people are posting the alternate mini helmets as an indication of the new uniforms.  They are made for every team.  I think there's also a few that haven't been posted yet too, and those also wont be the new uniforms.

Lets be real here.  No one knows, and no one is going to know.  When we do finally find out, odds are it will be the same way the Titans leaked through, from the knock off jersey websites in China.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

The only thing I don't care much for on those uniforms is the numbering.If that was reformatted and re-tooled a bit, I would be much happier.

I still don't think its real though.  If anything does get leaked, I would think it will be around the first week of March.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

You can't make everyone happy.  Some are going to love it and some are going to not like it.  Whatever the design, lets hope the product on the field makes the new design associated with a winner!

This sums it up as best as it could possibly be.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

I can live with that.  Of the examples I have seen this is by far the best.

Is this different than the "leaked" image from yesterday that was being discussed?  I cant get to see this image at work.

Can anyone post the image locally here?  It would be much appreciated.

10 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Screenshot_20190130-232226-01-04-01.thumb.jpeg.71bef72a1ee5b049d68515e30a832de0.jpegScreenshot_20190130-232234-01-01-01-01.thumb.jpeg.1564c40331bbd4096eb464781037fc3d.jpeg

Found this concept on Twitter/Instagram and decided to tinker with the original colors, as they were too washed out for what I was thinking the new green would look like.

I'd be a fan of this.  Logo is cool as well. 

Man if there was some heather or gunmetal grey etching around the letters, and on the outer edge of that logo, I would buy anything and everything.

Someone did a fantastic job on this

Not sure if it was intentional or not, but the N and the Y a the center of the logo shares a resemblance to the WTC.  Nice subtle nod IMO.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

I think it will be in time for Free Agency personally.

It makes too much sense not to.  If we go out, and make a high priced FA signing like Bell or Brown they are sure going to have an introductory press conference.  That would be the ideal time to show them holding a jersey they will be wearing the up coming year.

• Upvote 1

FWIW, looking at past articles of recent uniform changes:

Here is when other teams showed their new uniforms:

Titans - April 3rd

Bucs  - March 3rd

Jaguars - April 19th

Lions - April 14th

Dolphins April 19th

Training Camp

Draft

Jersey Reveal

FA

I love going to Training camp.  Hands down my favorite time of the year.

8 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I’m still holding out hope there’s no black alternate. What exactly is the need for them? Do the 49ers black unis look that good? That’s basically what we will get but with green numbers. 

I personally lover their black alternates.  I wish there was a bit more color in them like an etching around the red numbers, but ea.  I dont hate them

I'm just kinda over this all at this point.  No one uniform is going to be approved by this entire forum, or fan base in general, and I'm almost positive there is going to be at least one unbearable person being vocal about how terrible it is, so its going to put a damper on anything that will be announced.

Then again, you could replace talking about the uniform in the above paragraph with anything else, and the statement still holds true.

• Post of the Week 1

I have been hoping for a Gun Metal Grey addition to our uniform, even more so than black, but I don't know if this is going to be ours.

I would be excited if it is though.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

I had dinner last night with a business associate whom just happens to be a Jets fan and I asked him what he thought about us getting new uniforms.  His Response:  "What new uniforms?  I didn't know they were changing them".  I almost fell out of my chair on the floor laughing.  I said he must not visit JetNation too much.

I had the saem with a co-worker who is a "diehard Jets fan"

I said, "So there other day there seems to be some hints we maybe be adding a version of Grey or black to the uniform", she siad, "Oh we are getting new Uniforms?! Are we still going to be green?"

I quickly said" well, they said that would be part of it, but they also showed we would be including Orange, and Blue moving forward, the only questions left to answer is if the face mask is going to be white, grey, or black"

She responded with "Oh, I hope its black.  I cant wait to see where they put the orange and blue into"

I'm going to have to answer a lot of questions after this finally gets announced and shown haha

What does everyone think how many pages until we get the legit leak?

I honestly think this gets to 135 pages by the leak(assuming we get to maybe the last few day of March/First few days of April.

Then the flood gates open with opinions and bickering.  I think we easily surpass 175 pages after everything is all said and done 

50 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

After 15 years old, the only acceptable place to wear a football jersey is actually at the game. Anywhere else you look like a mongo.  That goes for pretty much every sport, especially hockey jerseys (hockey jerseys are the best jerseys of all, but if you are walking around in one and not on your way to the arena, I automatically assume you're heading home to your mom's basement to heat up a digiorno).  

Basketball jerseys may be worn on the beach. They are cool.

And these are the jersey laws.

I agree, but I will add a couple more acceptable locations:

Fantasy drafts

Draft or Superbowl Party

After those instances, nope.  Not appropriate anywhere.

6 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I think it's 4 years for a "drastic" change - whatever the hell that means?  because if you remember, Parcells came in here in '97 and wanted to revert back to the old Jets unis, and we had them one year later.

Par of it has to do with licensing as well, and for retails to adjust their stock of items they may not be able to move once a new design is out there.  This helps allow more time to push the items in stock, and make adjustments to future orders.  

I remember reading that somewhere.

I don't like it on a white helmet, but if it was on a grey one, I would be in love.

Honestly those numbers look a lot like that fake design floating around that had the Jet tail looking like the Eagles uniform.  Just sayin.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Image result for New Jets Uniforms

It looks like this concept is closest to what we're getting. With people saying it's similar to Philly and numbers to Oregon. Not sure if I'm happy though...

I actually rally like the uniform as well.  The numbers are still "Ehh to me", but It doesn't break ti for me.  The only thing thats missing is some of that bright green in the design that we are apparently getting,

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The12th Man said:

Well, there is a pretty obvious way to prove this. You take a photo this week of you holding a newspaper in one hand, and then written on the blank paper in the other hand is the “color and design philosophy” of the helmet in the other.

and you just post it to this forum the moment the jets release the uniforms. 

That.....or you’re a filthy liar. 

Stop giving this attention seeking individual the time of day.  He doesn't know.  You know it, I know it, and the entire board knows it.  He wants to pretend to be some kind of Adam Schefter pretending  that he has the scoop with the knowledge and feel more important than others that he knows something we don't.  He ducks any kind of reply like you mentioned about reasonable ways to prove he knew.  Its childish and immature, but he clearly needs that power to feel the way he wants to feel, so just let him talk his lies, and jsut hope like me the mods/admins will give him the boot again and this time let his vacation be permanent.  This thread being locked several times was a direct result of him causing a stir.  It's absolutely pathetic at this point.  Let him chime in with his "I'm a fan because I spend more money than you" nonsense, and hopefully we can all just go about our day and continue our own thoughts on this topic while ignoring him.  The fact he threw that card out should tell you all you need to know about the type of person he is.

Anyway, back on topic.

I'm fully expecting a leak to happen any day now.  I' like to think I can avoid the spoiler until the release event, but I know I'll come across it, whether it be on social media or just a friend sending me a text with the picture saying "what do you think?"

I just hope I like them at this point.

• Post of the Week 1

41 minutes ago, Maxman said:

You brag about your money all the time.

Let's get this back on topic. I don't want to have to ban people for derailing a good thread. The deleted posts the other day will hopefully be the end of it. Uniform talk only please.

You and the team do a great job keeping control of the forum, but with all due respect, if you are simply requesting everyone to put him on an ignore list, and he has been removed from the forum in the past, can’t we just agree there is a common denominator to this issue?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I like those uniforms.

If there was black etching on the letters of the helmet, and a black facemask then, Sign.  Me. Up.

Thursday can’t get here soon enough. It’s going to be hard to believe this from just a random description with no pics, but I’m beyond excited to see what it is. 

While Les I would love to see them now, I can also appreciate the feeling of waiting for Christmas morning to see the gift. Just hoping it’s not the equivalent of socks!

I have this clown blocked, but even seeing the quotes from him when people quote him is almost enough for me to leave this site. I wish something could be done about him. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I've mentioned a few times I have a family member who works for an NFL apparel company. I told you it wasn't Nike. Well it's New Era.

I asked him to look at the cap shown here, and he told me he didn't have to. Even though he won't say if he's seen the new logo, colors, etc, he said the Draft Day hat was designed months ago and has nothing to do with what is coming out Thursday.

I really hope this is true. On top of it being April Fos, and that I frankly don’t trust anyone, I’m still skeptical

I didn't see it mentioned, but I'm curious to see a better look of the helmet.  To me, the angle on Leo's helmet makes it look black, while Sam's is green.  I'm wondering if this is some kind of chameleon paint that changes colors based on the lighting.

Overall I'm happy with the Uniforms, the only thing I'm not a fan of is the logo on the helmets.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

By 7:30pm Thursday night we will be way over 200 pages............I promise. 

This^

Well, the day is here everyone.  we made it.  For better or worse.

This thread turned into an absolute ****show the past week or so, but its been a ride for sure.

I'd still take this all over again over a QB debate.

Now whether good, bad or indifferent to the new design, lets start getting ready for the season and work to pile up those W's

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

If this was EA, and he gets caught/fired, this would be karma for undermining that female beat writer who was working for the Jets for a minute that everyone loved that he reportedly get her canned.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company