Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

Love the parcells era classics. Been reticent to change but this could be good if they make a radical change ala Seattle - or more, like university of Oregon level dramatic change. Seattle changed a ton but left the essential logo the same.

id love to see an iconic helmet design with the jet branding concept incorporated into the helmet design as opposed to having a re cycled or re imagined logo.

im thinking something in the Michigan U vein. Something that speaks to a pilot helmet and aerospace. 

Woukd love to see incorporation of Chrome, silver or copper. And metallic green or a more energetic green. 

23 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Gray! Incorporate gray with Chrome helmets!!! Please! Like Fighter Planes! Like the future! 

Not ******* kelly green again with another stupid new logo. Chrome Helmet with a logo evoking a fighter plane. 

Make it so. 

i said exactly the same couple pages ago, but would love some white / kelly stripes too

the green and white are relics from when werblin owned the team - he was born on st. patricks day. Leon Hess changed the colors of Hess to G+W to reflect the Jets colors.

Chris Johnson, has nada to do with Werblin and Hess besides the history. if he wants to make this his own team, he may take this opportunity, and depart from tradition.  I would imagine this decision comes from the very top of the org chart - the Johnsons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

This is acceptable 

Image result for ny jets black helmets pics

like the matte / metallic contrast and like the metallic green like we had for color rush. 

just think this is a little uninspiring and shouts 90s

14 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Love the black uniforms. I have always loved black uniforms.

I also think Darnold's second year is an awesome time to update our look

they are going all in w darnold . total rebrand. they havent done this since Parcells. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, slats said:

The Jets won't do it, and I don't care who disagrees with me, but I still think adding orange as the team's third color would be an awesome choice. It's a traditional NY pro team color (Knicks, Mets, Islanders), and could be incorporated into a Jet logo easily as fire emitted from a Jet engine. 

Makes for smart marketing, too. The way Giants fans can wear their red hats with their ny logo, or Steelers fans can buy yellow ones, Jets fans could get cool orange gear. 

Orange??? whaaaat? 

Not only is that the dolphins color but all the other orange teams that reference the Dutch colors have blue in them (or black if you are the NY Giants (became SF) or Philadelphia Flyers).

11 hours ago, Jetmech said:

Personally these look cool...6d48d3c10bd80acdce780ba1934c7ff3.jpg6d9fcaf74321f549d446858225ac8470.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

whats really annoying about this is that the model is faceless Sanchez with real arms.

just the way he stands annoys me.

12 minutes ago, slats said:

The black is simply terrible. Bruce Coslet/Jerry Glanville fake tough-guy BS. 

Plus, teams wearing black get penalized more than any other color. As if the Jets need help there. 

and also there may not be a worse color to pair with black than green. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Wouldnt hold my breath for that. Eric Allen said they are completely new, which implies new colors and probably a completely new logo. Expect to hate it.

Completely new doesn’t imply new colors or logo. It just means the uniform design won’t be the same as the current or even past uniforms. 

The colors and logo could remain the same. They could change but the comment doesn’t imply anything but different uniforms. 

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Very true. Maybe color scheme testing.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

All of a sudden their IG is pumping out pix of QBs in...new practice jerseys??? Week of season opener??

they are def looking for feedback and these are obvi some version of the new branding. Unless it’s a big fat red herring.

2 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

That's true...in a city with two teams, I'm sure the Johnson's are trying to up their market share of fans knowing that life after Eli might be rough for the Giants. Look at what the Nets did when they left NJ for Brooklyn:

From this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJgv-ZIrCSwb3YJDKhpNF

To this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmdX9JgfNUKXAW3OvBufv

Islanders did not change unis however  and I think the jets and Islanders are much closer than jets and nets 

45 minutes ago, teptep said:

Agree. Has there been a recent NFL team that completely ditched their color scheme? The established pattern has been to evolve the uniform in iterations - even "new' uniforms usually retain the same roots as old, e.g. the Rams Royal blue and yellow becomes darker blue and gold.  Completely banishing green and white would be a surprise.  Also, this kind of a thing may be bad for the brand awareness as the Jets are known for green and white. While you want fans to buy new merchandise, you don't necessarily want to alienate the same people who have invested money in older sets. Hence, keeping the look at least in the same neighborhood in terms of color.

Reluctantly, I'd also have to agree that the outreach on the Jets' black practice jersey's could indicate the direction that they are going. It reminds me of the 90's Mets / Knicks.  Thumbs down.

Tampa bay, definitely. 

Lesser —

Miami, totally new blue and logo 

New England, red -> blue, white -> silver, new logo 

Seattle, silver -> gray, different blue, fluorescent green, new helmets 

San Diego, powder to navy

denver, different blues, focus from orange to blue, New logo / helmet

rams, yellow to gold to white 

buffalo made heavy changes too

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I wear mine to the club.

I wear mine to annual Mother’s Day dinner at Per Se. And keep it on.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

While I personally do want black, it isn't as a primary color, but more like an etching between the green and white stripes, or an outline around the numbers kinda like the eagles have 3 or 4 colors, but instead have us just dd the 3rd between the green and white.

Even a heather grey, or charcoal grey would be nice.

Maybe I'm reading into this a little more than I should, but I don't think its by chance we introduced the black practice squad jerseys.  I think that would a motive to get some feedback of having black incorporated into the uniform before it launches, so they can make any necessary tweaks or changes.

I will see ur heather grey and raise u heather oatmeal.

1 hour ago, Stark said:

I addd this look to a mock up. This is more or less what it would look like. I am not the Nate Sweitzer that created the uniform template above.

NYJets.jpg

i could totally get behind this. the detail touch on the numbers are particularly dope. where is this entire mock up posted?

17 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Created this gif from Sam’s latest Instastory. Helmets look metallic. Not sure how I feel.

To be clear: Our all whites like this weekend against the Colts are the best uniform in sports. Absolutely beautiful.

BC06504D-2A69-46CA-8D17-B4596970847A.gif

Chrome. I thought chrome would be introduced 

7 hours ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

Looking at these helmets I am wondering if they aren't something that will be used for promotional purposes.  They are all signed in white by Sam and they have his number written by the signature.  Charity raffle donations maybe?

The helmets are chrome with black face masks. This is consistent with the black jerseys with green numbers seen before.

also for what purpose is Darnold signing these? These are probably limited edition but also introducing the new color scheme. 

i would be shocked if these aren’t close to what we will have next year. 

It may be a transitional helmet with a new color scheme (introduce chrome and black) with the old logo and helmet striping.

iwouldnt be shocked after seeing this to have new chrome / black with a new helmet logo and without the old striping pattern next year.

3 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

no chance.

Statistically speaking, you are wrong. Sorry!

48 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

That green chrome looks atrocious. 

The mashup of old logo and stripe with chrome helmet and black facemask is not good

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

There is absolutely no way they would go this far out of the box with a uniform design.  PERIOD.  

i definitely hope not.

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Eagles? Vikings? Rams? Broncos? Seattle? Miami? 

And for the not so great teams, Buffalo, Detroit, Bucs....?

Basically every team not the Steelers, Giants, Raiders, and Cowboys. Every other team has alteres or outright completely changed their logos over the years.

The Giants changed in the 70’s (?) and reverted in the 90’s (?). Don’t know exact decades. The greatest Giants teams were in the era of the “GIANTS” written on the helmet era. Thats like if the greatest Jets team wore the Kelly Green and Colored Helmets before we reverted back.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

This is the color rush helmet they're going to wear this week. This is the only way that green chrome will look cool.

44250819_10155653961891231_1117316646629

These helmets are hot. The green chrome is Kelly green and it makes a huge difference 

6 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Bingo! This isn’t just a team getting new jerseys. It’s a complete rebrand, in conjunction with Darnold, and to a certain extent Christopher Johnson

this, and more. it is not just to an extent.

Chris Johnson is featured HEAVILY in the new rebrand video. He’s out front, on top, in control.

This rebrand also appears to have begun in 2014 — it isn’t a reaction to the current season, although, it doesn’t appear to coincide with and has accelerated with the emergence of a new FQB. It was probably timed that way.

It likely has to do with research they have done regarding consumer behavior and brand affiliation, as well as merchandise sales. The old classic branding is actually extremely limited and unappealing to millennials, younger gen X, and gen z. 

They have to go in a bold, fresh direction, that pops. 

If they go black and green, they would probably go with a steelers-like-color-scheme, replacing the yellow with a similar tone green, and using an accenting color or texture. Like white, chrome, gray, and/or with textural accent of either gloss or matte, or contrasting shiny/matte, and/or textures, like a carbon-fiber or similar.

The helmet will probably be a new iconic look and I would bet you will see a big splash like a chrome helmet with a green mask and say, a converging vector shape in white or green or contrasting matte, that starts wide in the back and proceeds to a point at the forehead above the facemask. This helmet is going to have to be a splash. But if you think about it, the classic Michigan helmets if they never existed and came out new on a team rebranding in the NFL today — ppl would say that’s garish, too new, too wild.

The way Nike Branding Labs works, the Jets have become Nikes Frankenstein.

Think Seattle Seahawks new branding but on steroids, and with a new logo. I actually think this is a great idea. The Jets are going to have to look more like Jets, more aero, more space age.

Right now they don’t look aero, they look like army men. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I think there may be an Easter egg in the video. At the end of the video there are 6 people walking towards the camera in like a V pattern. At the very back in only a couple of frames is a guy in a vest. The Vest is in a light green, and a blue-ish grey color. I would wager a good amount that those are the colors of at least one variant of the uniform. Eric Allen had hinted there would be a nod to the Titans uni. The color combo looks really good. No idea how to extract a still image.

I’m on the record as saying there is no way they go with a blue and green combo — way too seahawksy and it doesn’t look very good when they aren’t winning. I would bet you hard chips on the record it will not be blue and green.

the explicit nods we have gotten are to a lighter green, and black. those could be red herrings since they said “completely new” which could mean totally new color scheme sans green altho that would be dramatically off brand 

5 hours ago, Jetster said:

Wasn't the Green because of Leon Hess & his logos were green & white? Anyone who thinks we have the best uniforms in the league is crazy. The 80s one sucked too. Perfect tiiming with Sam to move on, Jets need a youth movement with their fans, 13 million people in the NY, NJ area you make this change along with the Coaches and you go boldly forward. Hell, I'm going on 59 & can see this team needs new branding & new fans. 

If you change the look & hit on the right coach, Darnold grows with the team & they start scoring points, Jets are a fitting name & the headlines are eye catchers. Jets flying to new heights ect. It's a twitter, social media world & the only thing anyone thinks about seeing the current Jets is LOSERS.

this

5 hours ago, slats said:

No, it's because Sonny Werblin's birthday was St. Patrick's Day. Seriously. 

and this

Reports from an insider that “Jets fans will like the design” and it is definitely going to be different.

check twitter for more info.

all of these designs that are derivative - scratch them all 

The uniforms will be completely different. Everyone posting pics of green and white uniforms that are derivative of the current or past uniforms are going to be disappointed.

think more the switch Tampa bay made from the creamsicles to the pewter and red. 

This will be a big change. It was called “bold”.

A “Bold” choice means it will be put forward as “different” and “unique” into an unknown with uncertainty of reception, where it may be liked or disliked. The uniforms wouldn’t be called “bold” if that wasn’t the case.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

16kwcg7.png

Then guy in the back right. Kelly Green and Blueish Grey. Those are our new colors. Id bet on it

I think the green just above Johnson’s head and the grey on the birch tree just above the left shoulder of Portland sweaty shirt guy, and throw in a little accent grey asphalt from the road they are walking in. Those are the Easter egg colors imo

sound like northern jersey goes to giants, southern jersey goes to philly and the 15% that remain get buried with the continued eternal misfortune that is the jets

if they had something dope they should have shown it when they announced it to quash different theories that inevitably led to disillusionment. if the rebranding ploy fails, darn old will bust, and the franchise will be over. the end. forever.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, viffer said:

And boring.

not boring. consistent with a unified branding. the giants in particular are not boring. the colors are dynamic.

• Upvote 1

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

I hate the oval logo.  Always have always will.

Come at me.

they have go bold and ditch it here. its made even worse bc of that white halo around the green oval separating the black

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the logo is truly terrible.

it's from the 60s and not in a good way 

why two different fonts ? WHY? 

i actually don’t mind the old-school “football”. the one with points. i mean a football is kind of cool.

but the generalized oval is dumb!

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company