Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

Kinda wish I'd held off on buying the Darnold jersey now that I know it'll be obsolete in a year. Thanks Jets.

Personally I love our uniforms -- I think the home (green on white) and road (white on white) are awesome -- I'd ditch the pickle pants, but I think our base uniforms are great.

Honestly, the all white-out ones (with the white facemasks, etc.) were sexy as hell.

I'm legitimately worried the new uniform will be gross. I'll honestly be upset if we trot out there looking as stupid as the Jaguars and Bucs do.

• Upvote 2

I'm vehemently against a new color scheme. If they aren't green they aren't the Jets, IMO... I'm pretty confident they won't mess with that though.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

I suspect you might be disappointed. They have shown the Titans uniforms for a reason. I think it will be mostly green and white, but would expect them to add a third or fourth color with gold making the most sense and possibly blue. The more variations they have the more sales they got. They are not just going to have green and white. JMO.

I pray and suspect not. If the uniforms involve gold and navy... That absolutely sucks.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

We might want to actually see them before saying anything will suck or not

I'll say flat out that any new uniforms with blue or gold will suck ass. I have no interest in new colors. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I dont either, 99.99% sure they stick with the colors we're known for.

Which is a lot different that saying we couldnt have a uniform that looks great based on blue or gold, off of these colors

I mean I thought the NY Titans throwbacks were putrid. I'd be honestly furious if we went that direction.

But yeah, I think green and white are strongly associated with the team in a way that it would do damage to change that, and I don't think they will. The strongest I could see them going would be to add black or silver to the uniform to spice it up -- I'd be very surprised if they went with another strong primary color.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

I'm going to be really bummed if our uniforms don't stay Green and White.

It seems like a minor thing, but honestly, the uniforms have been the one constant in my era as a fan. If the uniforms suck I'm going to be really, really bummed.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the Browns are named after a person Paul Brown 

Bills are a Bison (animal) 

Steelers are steel workers (people) they originally were the Pirates but the local contest changed it to reflect how everyone in town made a living 

Chargers is a gray area but the owner Barron Hilton named it after people yelling Charge at the USC games. IT's a stretch but it's named after people doing a cheer (or perhaps charging something like a beachfront) 

When talking about the actual mascot though, it's a little different. While the Browns are named for Paul Brown, I think it's pretty well established their "mascot" is a brown bulldog. Hence the masks, dawg pound, etc.

Same with the Chargers -- while they were originally named for a battle field cry of "charge" clearly they have embraced the logo, nickname, etc. of a lightning bolt/electricity. Their nickname is the "Bolts."

49 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

55 pages about uniforms.  

In all seriousness, the uniforms are important.

If Gase bombs he's gone in two years.

If these uniforms are heinous we're probably stuck with them for 20 years anyway.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I'm assuming those "leaked" uniforms are fake but holy hell if they're real this is the worst news for the Jets franchise since Belichick resigned on a napkin.

41 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If they were that concerned with throwbacks they would have actually worn one over the 5 or so years.  We havent seen one since the Titans uniforms.  

We literally did it this year against the Colts for the 50th anniversary of SB III.

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Not really, we wore our regular uniform, just all white like they wore in the SB.  Still this uniform, the one we wore week 1 in Detroit

No, they did other things to throw back to super bowl 3 including the gray facemasks. Week 1 in Detroit were the “white out” color rush ones. Different tweaks.

7 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Yep - the Pats are way better now than the old fashioned threads with the ugly patriot. Dolphins change was minor - but that was a nice improvement on the logo. You can say that the newer teams, the teams that were starting from scratch, for the most part have better logos than the older teams. The Ravens logo, Jaguars logo (not uni), Titans logo - they are all products of modern graphic design. Again, not talking about the uniforms, which are very different. Also, the Broncos new version is much better stylistically. The newer logo that I do not like as much is Tampa Bay's flag logo - the older Buc was pretty well done, probably because it wasn't as old as the other teams. When the older teams logos were created, graphic design majors were not yet a thing in college, and there were no graphic design jobs as we know them today. It was often an illustrator, architect, ad person, etc. that came up with the designs.

Pat the Patriot > Flying Elvis

• Upvote 1

I mean, if you're gonna abandon green and white why not change the name of the team too? Might as well alienate any and all history or fandom and start from scratch.

22 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Memphis' helmets are sweet:

MemphisExpress.jpg

Crazy how they have a better logo than us already.

A design like this with white as the base and the Jet in green would have been sweet.

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Not sure why people are discussing us abandoning green. As I said before if you watch the teaser video from the Jets on the uniforms with Adams it clearly points to green in a lighter shade being the primary color.

I was just waxing about the discussion. I don't think anybody seriously thinks green is out.

2 hours ago, Gibby said:

That would be fine by me. I am on the side of if it isn't broke- don't fix it.  This actually makes sense too- if you look at the direction NIKE is taking their uniforms. 

Agreed, that's the best case scenario for me. A slick redesign that isn't too far off from what we are.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, it could just be a tease or a red herring but that's the strongest evidence we've seen yet that the helmets might not be white.

42 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Why are so many folks shocked about the length of this thread?  I find this way more entertaining than another "Mac sucks" thread anyway. 

Uniforms literally identify the team, whether they're 6 time SB champs or perennial bottom feeders.  Wearing team swag is a way for a fan to feel like they're part of the tribe.  It makes them feel good.  Fans are proud to rep their team, even if their team stinks, so of course a drastic uniform change would bring out a ton of discussion and opinion.  DUH.  

It's the most important decision the Jets will make in 20 years. Outside of drafting Darnold (assuming he pans out) nothing will be more important or influential. Every other decision (good or bad) can be changed or washed away in a few years. If Gase sucks? He's gone in three years anyway, we move on. 

We're likely going to be stuck with these unis for a generation. I hope and pray they aren't god awful.

• Upvote 1

If it's not legit it's a very good fake with a variety of players in positions that look natural... And Connor Hughes and Brian Costello basically confirmed. Looks real to me. 

Disappointed in the green helmet and the logo seems like a downgrade. I would have preferred to keep our old unis... But in the grand scheme of things these are fine and far from the disaster I feared. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

One thing I would caution for people who haven't bought a true authentic for a while, they now come with the fitted sleeves and shoulders.  Looks kind of weird when you wear them.  Almost like you have a pair of women's suit shoulder pads stuffed in them. 

Agreed. I bought an authentic Mo Wilk (waited until they extended him thinking he'd be long term, silly me) and the thing was so stiff and big in the shoulders I was embarrassed to wear it. Made me look like Frankenstein.

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

The new Unis is a separate topic to the travesty that was this launch party. This was the most awkward thing i've seen... the players looked like... man. 

That was bad... like the bad kind of bad. 

Whoever planned this event... JB Smoove as MC, that ridiculous musical guest, drawing it out... Should be taken behind the building and shot. I had second hand embarrassment watching it. I felt bad for the players, they were put in an awkward position. The leak hurt them going into it too.

That said, the unforms, while underwhelming, are fine. I wish we didn't change them but it could have been so much worse.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

For the greens to match to the eye, the uniform would have to be metallic

Or you could have a matte helmet...

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

on a side note:  HATE when the Jets do the green with green unis.  look like friggin' shrek out there.  that is a combo that just has to go away.

Agreed. I assumed when they got new unis the "all pickle" look would be gone but they were rocking green on green at the uni unveil. Hideous.

I'm actually nervous that they're advertising a "green out" for the home opener against the Bills because usually that's when they go full pickle. They couldn't be that dumb, could they? To not wear the classic green on white for the first game?

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company