Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

Finally.. I'm glad they're finally going to do it - I like the current look now but I do miss the 80's/90's look and they could do that with some chrome or color rush look or maybe accent it but they can go retro future look.

.. It's going to be interesting to see what direction they go.  Totally new logo and look or go with tradition (my vote..).  That's why I've always liked the NFL because it's more of a traditional league...and you're right the new Buc's uniform/logo is awful so.. I hope they go full "nike" mode and *edit* DO NOT ruin it..

37912410_10156037959823402_4875197513465856000_n.jpg

**and as a bummy side note I was hoping to go see my first NFL/Jets game this fall.. but ehh.. I think I'll hold until next season when this all happens... 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Took this and made it more green.  I'm open to criticism, but how does this look? 

Screenshot_20180331-014714-01-01-01-01.jpeg

I like the more green/kelly green but yeah I'd be happy with this :) 

**or.. you could invert it...white helmet like others have said..but I do like this..

*ducks* leaves before Sar gets upset.

uZgDgfgNOuKahCC-800x450-noPad.jpg

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

tempGSC32597--nfl_mezz_1280_1024_1492129

hogan-browns.jpg?itok=Yc-rainH

Beyond the awful 80s Richard Todd logo, the fear is that the current fashion trend in NFL uniforms is to put the name of the team on the jersey and/or pants.  I can see the conversation between the Jets and Nike now....

"Hey Mr. Johnson, you're really fortunate in that the team name, Jets, is only 4 letters long.  So it can go on the pants and the jerseys.  Hey!  Remember that dumb chant that the drunks love so much?  How about a nice big J!-E!-T!-S! right across the front!  Genius!"

I'm going to throw up in my mouth.

SAR I

Totally agree..  I hope this sort of style does NOT happen.  This is where Nike really sucks.

11 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

I really want Green helmets.

Me too!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Do we have any ETA when we'll see the new design?  Is it going to just be August next year?

I thought I saw on the Jets twitter account next April is when this is happening.. probably before the draft but yeah we got a long ways to go sadly :(

On 8/4/2018 at 8:54 PM, teptep said:

I was thinking the same thing, so I mocked the below. EDIT - not the oval. I wanted to go back to the football shape from the 60's. Also, the kelly-ish green which appears to be a near consensus favorite.

This idea has been thought of before.

Other takes on this include this one:  http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/95410-oldschoolvikings-nfl-concepts-new-patriots-concept-added-73118/?page=20

and this one, but the font doesn't feel right:

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/BostonRedSoxGo/media/cGF0aDovSmV0cyBoZWxtZXQgc2lkZSB2aWV3IEtlbGx5IEdyZWVuX3pwc3RtaHFxdW1zLnBuZw==/?ref=

It seems that a lot of the 80s wordmark nostalgia is centered around the jet wing.  This is an interesting reductionist concept:

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/dhuxos/media/cGF0aDovaGQyemRpajMgM196cHMwc2tubWxxYS5wbmc=/?ref

jets_helmet1.jpg

Love it - classic retro I dig it.. or invert the colors either way it's a nice concept. 

*little bit of black I'm ok... not full blown black :S but yeah those no-contact uniforms might be a hint of what's coming... 

We'll see.. I'm excited :) hope we see the old logo/kelly green coming back in some form.  Maybe throw some chrome in it like the color rush jersey's with black stripes.. I dunno..

thumb.jpg

usa-today-8935378.jpg

uZgDgfgNOuKahCC-800x450-noPad.jpg

38432177_425280861326999_8736743055282929664_o.jpg

just random ones... still for white and green and the older Jets wordmark :)

29 weeks to go.. 

e069171fc805c8696897032b5c3f9adf.png

i0CcoHb.jpg

IMG_8001.thumb.jpg.82ff141c8256ae5e5c91d3e5904ffa13.jpg

New-York-Jets-Fresh-Football-Helmets-Dylan-Young-500x500.jpg

• Upvote 2

Usually I'm all about the green and 90's style... but I will agree the uniforms/white last night looked great :)

• Like 1

that's a good post.. you don't want the players blending into the grass color as well. 

I wouldn't do anything florescent or miami esc with mint..or turquoise.. 

Forest Green/Hunter/Kelly/Jade/Sea.. there's quite a few to choose from.  I'm tempted to try and make a uniform design for that uniform watch... I might take a crack at it.

27 weeks to go lol..

(I'm still holding out hope the old 80's logo comes back in some way or some form..green and white..what shade?  Stripes? Green or white helmet I'm all cool with just..the 80's logo and green and white..) 

thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

well... hope that's not the final design..

Anyway I like the mockup stark posted.. I just love the old logo (I know sue me) 

new york jets.png

you know as time goes by.. I'm liking our uniforms more and more.  And looking at the fans entries 😕 ugh.. 

the only logo I miss is this one.. the rest can stay the same or change to kelly green or bring in some chrome or whatever.. but I like our general clean design.

5gtfjeljv9kf52bdv9otg3fhf.gif

new york jets.png

15034955_110831092732842_8018431627820531712_n.jpg

15 weeks to go.. 

I'm still optimistic.  Preferably Kelly Green (maaaybe *cringe* black.. with the practice jerseys being black that does make me think that is the plan..)  and white and maybe a return of the 80's logo OOOR current logo but I lean towards the 80's~90's logo.. good stripes.. clean classic future retro look and I'm happy.. Green/White/80's logo..  a blend of the 60's~80's look so you can go all white at times? 3rd uniform? Who knows..

It's probably already set and done honestly.. Madden video games for example need time for uniform changes so we'll see if something leaks before April. 

Looking forward to it!

• Upvote 1

oo.. I hope those are the colors.. green/white/hint of black.. AHHh I don't want to set myself up for disappointment.. 2 months to go.

I'm not hating it either.. I don't believe it but I'm not hating it..

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Screenshot_20190130-232226-01-04-01.thumb.jpeg.71bef72a1ee5b049d68515e30a832de0.jpegScreenshot_20190130-232234-01-01-01-01.thumb.jpeg.1564c40331bbd4096eb464781037fc3d.jpeg

Found this concept on Twitter/Instagram and decided to tinker with the original colors, as they were too washed out for what I was thinking the new green would look like.

I'd be a fan of this.  Logo is cool as well.

I'd be pretty happy about this - the upper right logo not a total fan but the uniform works with the classic 80's~90's logo. 2 months to gooooo.. :)

37969430_418916065296812_2507355715031531520_n.thumb.jpg.e271bef5e89d8ecc581b0aa0b86e8085.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Here's another shot of it.. it looks like a white outline wedge with.. a black line in it?  Kelly green to me.. or some brighter shade of green of it but you can see it all over the table.. good catch.  It does look bold.. far as the wedge if they use it.. could be the new helmet shape, or uniform like SAR said. This is all a guess but looks like the new color to me.

ktzVSsl.png

welcome to the board Zerovoltz - totally agree.  I hope they keep tradition.. stripes.. green and white.  And i'm a fan of the 80's logo that I stole on my signature (sorry to the person who I stole it from..)

But yeah.. when I look at NFL uniforms.. traditional LIKE the chiefs/bears/packers...honestly I even prefer the 80's/90's seahawk uniforms over what they got now...the classic looks great.. and I pray we do not go the college nike way of bezerk design and change the uniform and design every 2 years because it doesn't age well.

3fd9e65e5b4cf39f78102f817176dcc0--new-york-jets-s.jpg

1996.keyshawn-johnson.jpg

1782490_display_image.jpg

^^basically some modern version of this with a classic look... BUUUUT before others freak out.. I wouldn't mind the classic design of the white helmets and current logo either.. I just prefer this logo over the current one.

• Upvote 1

Mmm.. I can't make it out clearly but I bet the logo on this piece of paper is going to be the color and logo on the helmet..which resembles our current logo with Jets font.  Where this triangle stuff comes from I don't know.. I think it has black in it though underneath the leading edge of the 'wing'.

Anyway..  one month to go.  Possibly still white helmets with the logo filled with green...  

Can't wait!

image.png.b0a73725e995067b28421a645c23dc57.png

13 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Best uniforms in the NFL are boring. (see Raiders, Bears, Chiefs, 49ers, Packers)

If Jets deviate much from what they currently have, they will be back wearing current uniforms within 5 seasons. 

Totally agree.. I'm worried this franchise will fall back into the Jaguars or Buc's ways fashion wise if they don't keep it looking classic :( I was pushing for a uniform change for years but.. now I'm starting to worry about turning into a trendy uniform that will be updated every few years because of how it doesn't look right.

So it sounds like it's just like that image one the desk photo during that meeting photo.... same logo..different color of green or shade.. possible green helmet and some new uniform design with the "wedge" or wing or whatever you call it... 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Imagine if everything stayed the same but the color. 

That would be classic. Literally. 

Thought this was interesting.. this is the final roster for the flight crew but the Jets color choices and logo might give a few clues to what's coming...

I think these are practice uniforms but past crew uniform green and white.. new crew uniforms.. well.. you can see the colors.

Last year..

crewold.png

This year.. 

crew.png

• Upvote 3

pretty impressive there's.. no.. leaks and we're only 2 weeks away.  I would think this stuff would be tough to keep silent..

34 minutes ago, prime21 said:

GGNContestB2.thumb.jpg.3f3df823dc7bb8a65a8932ee8db95f52.jpg

Could happen.. the contrails thing has to be included somewhere on this but.. I wouldn't complain. 

Roughly a week to go.  I'm worried.. first change in 20 years and you got Nike doing it 😳... I pray they don't do anything like this..

55444.jpg

16 hours ago, FlightBoyz said:

Capture+_2019-03-30-09-03-06~3.png

It probably won't look like this based on the rumors.. but I'd be pretty happy if it was.. 

Anyway few more days to go!!

I hope that's not the actual draft day cap... I think I read somewhere; on draft day they will be holding the new Jersey up with the commissioner and hat.. so if THAT IS the hat..ugh a whole lot of hoopla over nothing.  I don't believe it.. but the logo was seen before.. 

636603720019338990-USP-NFL-NFL-Draft-99465411.jpg

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company