Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

10 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Jets-1.jpg

DOn't mind all black... but i really dislike the 2 shades of green. just chose 1 and find a compliment accent color... green white and ?  not green white and darker green.

On 8/5/2018 at 12:00 AM, RSJ said:

IMG_1436.JPG

I would like to see a modern variation of this helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

IMO this is the last thing I would want. it looks like a 3 year old got on a chalkboard and was like "oh, I am a genius" not a fan at all.

the below would be ok with me if you switched the helmets. and the helmets used the "color rush decal but for the 80's JET logo on the black jersey below

14 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

This is acceptable 

Image result for ny jets black helmets pics

10 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Screenshot_20180401-165355-01-01-01.jpeg

Honestly I just hope the JETS bring in a group of designers to critique the design proposals from NIKE to try to have a better representation of ideas. 

24 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

when I first heard that they were changing uniforms next year, I was excited!  but after seeing the new Titans unis?  my Lord.....now I'm worried that some a$$ clown will do to ours what was done to the titans!!

I like our current uniforms, but LOVE the old 80s helmets much better.  I just don't wan a white helmet.  don't like the green jersey/green pants combo at all!  any other combo is fine.  

I really just A) don't want them to go back to anything "Titans of NY" crap.  UGLY.  B ) would like to see more black than white.  not too much, but similar to what the jets did in the early 90s:  black outlining of numbers/names, on the face mask, etc.  now if they go black jerseys/black helmets, then more green than white.  to me white is just so boring.  gotta have some color!

Titans Uni's are awful... most people here hate them.

On 9/17/2018 at 8:50 PM, Butterfield said:

D979C2B4-2284-480D-B725-FB2E5416E916.jpeg

On 9/18/2018 at 2:54 AM, BroadwayBen said:

I'd be on board with this. Clean and keeps the integrity of the uniform. I DO NOT WANT BLACK

12 hours ago, PS17 said:

Best one yet. Any legitimacy to this or just a fan‘s design?

3 hours ago, Butterfield said:

Just a fan design...but thought it looked pretty nice.

I addd this look to a mock up. This is more or less what it would look like. I am not the Nate Sweitzer that created the uniform template above.

NYJets.jpg

• Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Could be alot worse.  I could live with this.

80's logo (sort of, close enough) and cool effect on the numbers and shoulders.

The jersey to pants transition looks a bit odd tho, no belt, the image makes it look like a 2-color unitard tbqh, lol.

yeah, when i was putting it together i was wondering where the belt was too. just a blank uni template 

12 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

How would orange even work?

Not taking a shot at anyone on the site that has mentioned "orange" as an accent but I just think Dolphins and then Miami ..... I hope we don't add orange.

201709023-spt-hurricanes-ale-024.jpg

15 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

I can only assume it will be this

happy-poop-costume.jpg

Dude. How did you find Todd Bowles sideline gear! 

11 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

Ok so as far as I know, if you are changing colors on your uniforms the league needs 5 years notice....so we are not changing colors.  We may add a color but our main colors are and will be green and white.  

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/one-jets-drive-creating-the-new-jets-uniforms

about the 40 second mark in, the guy says they have started on this project in 2014. also at the 50 second mark the guy says "it's such a BOLD CHANGE"/ That would mean that they NFL could have been informed within that 5 year period.

I would say that it wouldn't be out of the question to change colors, but I don't think there will be an abandonment from green. Probably add a color as you said. The part that caught my attention, and I can't remember exactly where I heard/read it, was that they wanted or were going to add something from the "Titans" era. So does that mean add a blue? or a yellow (surely not - we're not green bay) maybe a neon yellow similar to oregon?

Going to be interesting to see what it is.

52 minutes ago, slats said:

Along with the black QB practice jerseys, there's been video of the Jets practicing in uniforms with an urban camo pattern on the numbers. I think a military theme is coming. 

That is the "salute to service" campaign for the month of November, if I remember correctly. Cancer awareness is October. This month is the "My cause, My cleats"  

I dont see a Military theme coming based on this.

1 hour ago, teptep said:

I can see the "bold" change to a fighter jet inspired logo and color accents as opposed to the airliner jet wing from the 80's.  It's been mentioned before that jet travel doesn't have the same cachet now that it did when the team was named in the 60's.  A military theme could be a big money maker, although I'd rather not see it.  

The TItans stuff is such a stretch. Does anyone really care about the Titans of New York and their glorious history?  When they added the Titans throwbacks some time ago, I thought it was a missed opportunity to satisfy that portion of the fanbase that really likes the 80's uniforms. I imagine that those people on this board who are opposed to going back to the 80's logo/colors wouldn't mind them as a once or twice a year throwback...

I am just saying what I heard/read. I like most here am totally guessing based on what we hear and read. The video the JETS put out with Chris Johnson and Office staff at Nike's headquarters makes it even more murky to decipher.

12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Image result for 2019 new york jets uniforms

ugh... no thanks.. could be the fact that the guy sucks at photoshop, but this looks dated and honestly the logo looks bad. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

The two guys in row two also appear to have that gray on, or close to it, and the one has a jets word mark on it.  I too agree, these will probably be our new colors.  Honestly, I am fine with that.  

Gray has been a very common color used for all teams in the "pro shops/team stores".

We may end up with gray in there, but these pictures your pulling from the video, I would almost bet have ZERO leaks in them. The TN TITANS new unis didn't get leaked until the night before the reveal. I doubt the team is going to start allowing leaks of the "new" look out this early. 

9 minutes ago, prime21 said:

New promo for jerseys.

I’m 50-50

excited for a change, and scared it’s gonna look like sh!t. 

• Upvote 1

I still think this "inside info" is BS. 

We will see. At this point most of us could create a "Leaked JETS Uni's" thread and say Black, brighter green, new helmets and a lot of people would be like, "oh, sh*t...........blah, blah" one way or the other. 

I think the fighter jet is more than likely BS as well. I could see the sleek 80's style jet, maybe a bit redefined, but not a Fighter Jet, unless we want to look like a pee wee football team.

• Upvote 1

Something I am thinking.....

If we are going to have new uniforms and have been announcing it for a year. To me, and this is my opinion, but......

We would probably want to "show" them before the draft so that at the draft we have the new jersey on stage and fans at the drat could have the "new look". I would guess the uniform announcement would come after the combine and maybe right at the league new year.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I will skip through and find a time stamp to see what was said

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If I remember, my mind is getting old, the league rule is they can't be announced until sometime in April so it could fit the rule

I thought it just had to be the league new year, which I'm pretty sure is first part of March.. either way that is the range. I suppose it would all depend on what the league rule is based on the amount of notice we give that a change is on the way.

39 minutes ago, prime21 said:

It's around the 20:30 mark, but honestly its nothing really. EA just says that:

"Jamal Adams "the King of Swag" .... I know he's pumped about the new uniforms he knows a bit about style"

"Fans are going to be pleasantly, I don't know if surprised is the right word, but fans are going to be very happy when the see these"

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, prime21 said:

how funny would it be if this was it the whole time.

94PtX7h.thumb.jpg.9cfa8aebdbfcc9ad057c7a7aa4f68c8d.jpg

helmet for lols

nfl20_15042007568102.jpg.78bd59d7127d981f35bd3b5826770113.jpgimage.jpg.2653ca9c03c936940ae08d62ffbb07da.jpg.2b02911493240101dee6cc97d7fbb861.jpg

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Best of all the kids with photoshop guesses, with the bottom helmet.  

If its really a green helmet then I do prefer the bottom one.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Ken O'Brien, Boomer Esiason, Glen Foley and Testeverde all had difficulty picking up Jets Wrs complaining the green helmet and uniforms blended into the turf.

My preference is not a green helmet. I would like a darker (not white) helmet but I don't prefer green... 

I said if they went with a green helmet I prefer that bottom one. 

11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

F-U-G-L-Y 

I will stick with the current NY Jets logo and colors. 

The helmet logo looks like a pancake flipper or grill hamburger flipper. 

NO THANKS 

NYT.jpg.3f3fd2465f96f531044ff06bd78f4e00.jpg

This would immediately win the award for the WORST, EVER, SPORTS TEAM LOGO.

No way they "nike" push this low quality BS out as a logo. My 3 yr old could do better. 

As far as the numbers if they were a bit smaller I wouldn't absolutely hate them, but the green color should be more "kelly", and the Helmet with what appears to be a "tail wing" of a plane but boxed off is also pretty bad. I don't believe this.

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

I guarantee nothing had leaked out concerning the Jets new uniforms. I don’t believe any of these pictures. BTW, some are nice and some not so nice.

I agree. I'm pretty good at photoshop, I could easily make something like this and say it "leaked"

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Supposedly the NY Jets held a contest to determine our new uniforms.  Fans submitted drawings and that's what they chose them from under the supervision of Nike is what I had heard. Am I wrong? 

I am not trying to get into this discussion with you two, but I never heard that the JETS had a fan contest to "design" the new jerseys and Nike supervised.

I guess that would be a really good way for Nike to do business though,... hey guys you want a new uniform, oh no we will not have a design team assist, just your fans. 

The Uniwatch article that you may be referring to has nothing to do with the actual uniforms, decision makers, or teams at nike.

• Upvote 1

On 2/3/2019 at 1:46 PM, dbatesman said:

Not sure it’s a great idea for a football team to sell merchandise with “ALS” plastered all over it, but what do I know.

On 2/3/2019 at 12:12 PM, Butterfield said:

b3a5d175204059.5c54a85052af4.gif

Not the jets obviously, but I really like this new logo and helmet by the Montreal Alouettes. In my opinion really modern, radical, bold, but well done and signifies flight very well.  Just thought Id share...

I do like the helmet treatment. Could work for us if our new logo is a jet plane again. This is an example of something new/fresh but not over done IMO

Also I agree ALS probably shouldn’t be used there. 

1 hour ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

I was thinking along similar lines.  

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

I think it'll have to be sometime in March. Because we have a first year HC, we have our first practice on April 1, two weeks before the teams with returning HCs. I doubt they'll be on the practice field in 2019 in the old unis.

Plus I would think that the JETS would want fans to be able to get the new gear before the draft. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SAR I said:

And I believe that the Titans released in early April because of a leak.

SAR I

the titans did not release because of a leak. They had planned on the 3rd of april. The entire downtown Nashville/Broadway area was set-up with stages and bars before the "leak" happened. The Titans treated the new uni release like a championship parade.

• Upvote 1

On 2/11/2019 at 3:15 PM, joewilly12 said:

Image result for #85 ny jets pics

PAGES..............

Can we get 15 more pages before the actual reveal? 

12 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I’m actually on your side here, man. I’m thinking we are always going to be “Gang Green”. Like you, I’d be fine with some grey, even with the helmets. The all whites are the best “look” in the NFL in my opinion. The only thing we disagree on is I’d be okay with green helmets, even black ones with the grey and green unis. I just don’t think the white would work as well if that’s where we go.

As far as the 5 team thing, the only ones I can think of off the top of my head happened years ago, of course the Jets, Seahawks, Bills, Rams and when the Bucs did away with their creamsicle look. Which I loved, btw. 😉

Jets, Seahawks, Bills, Rams and when the Bucs - Chargers, Titans, Jaguars (half change)

those are the only teams I can think of off the top of my head.

27 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Because I couldn't find the answer online I just called three NFL helmet manufacturers to get some answers to your questions about reconditioning and found out something about the Jets helmets I am definitely not supposed to know or speak about.  So I'm not going to.

As for the original question, I was told that at a player's discretion he can either a) keep his headgear as a souvenir, b) donate it to charity, or c) submit it to the original manufacturer or a certified reconditioning service and re-use the helmet for as many years as he likes or its labeled expiration date whichever comes first.  A decent percentage of NFL players choose this option.

I am not going to discuss helmets from this point forward.

Thanks.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

PM it to me.  

I NEED TO KNOW

3 minutes ago, slats said:

This has been such a successful, masterful, unexpected trolling that I can't imagine that you'd just drop it. I especially enjoyed it when you got your two gun-metal gray BMWs into the conversation. 

So they are NOT white. lol 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Can you say if you were right or wrong?

1 minute ago, prime21 said:

We have gone over 100 pages trying to best guess what the Jets are doing with the new uni's.  Someone has some info so may we ask why can't that info wont be shared?

obviously "the information" must disprove the fact that the helmets are white. Why else would you go from vehemently arguing to now, will not discuss.

Also, why don't we all call up the NFL helmet suppliers and just ask about the helmets, JETS, in particular. Maybe we will be granted the same info.

30 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I would imagine something leaks before the 4th but will we believe its the one. 

Uni leaks are typically the 24-48 hours before and usually they happen on an apparel site like:

www.lidz.com

That is where the Titans and Bucs uni's leaked and some other pro teams stuff (maybe not just Lidz but that is the only thing coming to mind right now).

47 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

This is suggesting uniform previews, not leaks .. leaks can happen anytime . I am not hopeful for a leak. They have this secret tighter than a Darnold pass to Bell.

What ever does come out a day or two ahead of time will just be the equivelent to coach nonspeak. 

Right, my point was its usually an apparel site that has the images and preemptively updates their site. That is usually how the "leak" happens with the logos or uniforms before hand. Im not saying it couldn't happen any other way this is just how they have been leaked with the titans/bucs, and some other sports logos on hats or jersey

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Bucs were when?  We had Titans and Jags a year ago, no leaks for Jags.  Dolphins tweaked theres a few back.  Browns didnt leak.  9rs

Not every uniform get leaked.  Not every team wants them leaked or doesnt care enough to make sure they dont.

I dont even get it.  You cant wait another day or two?  Its so much better if they leak out on 4/2 instead of their release on 4/4?  

Wouldnt you then want them to leak out 2 days before the actual leak on the 2nd?  And then in March?

I don’t reall care either way if it leaks or not. My point was most time a uniform leaks is because of an apparel site putting out an update too soon and then reverting back. That is all I am saying. If anyone that has seen it so far hasn’t leaked the new JETS gear then I doubt it leaks, but if it were to leak one of the apparel sites is your best bet.

im not going to look for them. As i said I don’t really care enough to hunt for it. It was just a comment that when these Happen it’s usually an accident by a party that is not the team. For instance the latest leak was the Nashville Soccer Club (MLS) which got leaked a day early by fanatics.com and was pulled down until the actual reveal. 

My comment was more of an FYI

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

A leak would hurt the Jets. You shouldn’t be rooting for one.  

SAR I

Lol. I am not rooting for one. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Precisely why I’m not leaking the color and design philosophy of the helmet despite knowing both since February. 

SAR I

right... they are "white" right??? lol since anyone can just call a Helmet distributor and have them tell the JETS new colors and philosophy. 

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company