Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

3 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

I'll admit I'm nervous about the new uniforms and our team trying to be "cool" with the next generation which is basically a bunch of idiots who sit on computers and play video games. 

I wouldn't mind this all that much maybe. But this would be as far as I'd want to go. 

image.png

I love that big Jet logo for our helmets. I would like a didferent shade of green or different colors than that...but the helmet logo is perfect.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

No way this Franchise spends all this money rebranding and keep The stooges we having running this team. They Will have a new HC perhaps new GM to ushers in the new era.

Bingo! This isn’t just a team getting new jerseys. It’s a complete rebrand, in conjunction with Darnold, and to a certain extent Christopher Johnson.

We are currently witnessing another season of our same old Jets. They are trying to shed that image.

But let’s put aside the fandom and emotional spirit and break it down to cold hard dollars. Seats are empty. The Johnson can blame most of it on themselves for the PSL nonsense. But if this was a premier team, tickets and PSL’s would be sold out. The Jets have the QB, but their coach brings no hope or excitement. Not that Bowles’ personality would matter if we were winning...but we’re not...and haven’t ever made the playoffs with him.

This place was FILLED and ready to erupt in Week 2. Most excited I’ve seen our crowd since 2010. Bowles’ team didn’t even show up. That was it. Losing is one thing, but they no-showed again. Darnold was the best player on the field that day. It was also the last time they actually were aggressive on offense, had Darnold scramble. It was a flukey day, Robbie’s fumble, Herndon’s drop, Herndon not stretching into end zone, Pryor not stepping in front for a TD, no Pass interference call on Minkah in end zone for a would be TD. But the team slept walked the first half.

Fans knew then, same old Jets this season. Everything snowballed since then. They need a fresh start next year. Bowles is gone along with our old logos and jerseys

12 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The decals of the team emblem can be sold. Either put on a cheap helmet or in some sort of team oriented tchotchkee. Fans will pay a premium for a supposed game worn helmet decal. The stripes are freaking worthless. It is just a green stripe. Why bother taking it off. They can not be re-purposed. Let the guy at the refurbishing place remove them.

NFL teams do not have their players wear the same helmet shells from year to year. There is a new model of helmet, including the shell, every season. IT is how the helmet companies make money. 

The tweet is to keep interest in the new uniforms at their peak.  Clever, despite the fact that it is misleading.

Good points. I also think that with all of the rumors floating around about color schemes, logos, etc. one of theories or leaks was correct. This video goes completely against anything being reported, to keep us off the scent....hopefully.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

If the Jets were getting new, colored helmets they wouldn't be sending the old ones back to Riddell, they'd be donating them to a local charity or selling them as game-used souvenirs.

The only logical explanation is that they are a) keeping existing headgear, b) having routine annual maintenance, done at the factory, c) having them updated with newly colored hardware, and d) sticking with white helmets with whatever the new uniform design looks like.  This is an important and welcomed bonus for Jets fans who will enjoy seeing the 1968 classics worn a few times a season every year as an alternate, something that many other teams with a proud heritage have the luxury of doing.

SAR I 

I’m actually all for keeping white helmets. I just want a different shade of green than our current one. If they’re keeping those stripes on the helmet the same, then it’s more of a tweak than a complete rebranding as has been described.

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

IMG-1168.gif

"Rebranding" in corporate terms can be just the logo and the geometry of the uniform. It doesn't need to mean a change in the shade of green.  When the Dolphins did this to their logo and uniforms they looked refreshed and modernized but you could still easily identify the team without any hesitation.  Same for the Browns, same for the Vikings, same for the Jaguars, same for the Titans.  

Having been to the Jets corporate offices in Florham Park on more than a few occasions I can tell you that if the Jets change the green to some electric frog color it is going to cost them a bloody fortune to recolor every bit of green trim and furniture in the joint, not to mention the hundreds of movable parts and components in MetLife Stadium, I just don't see it happening. 

You don't throw out 55 years of carefully cultivated brand identity, no other NFL team has.  Think "refresh" not "brand new" and you won't be disappointed.  Jets said "makeover" and labeled each helmet by player.  White it is.  White helmets are happening.

SAR I

Extremely valid points.

• Upvote 2

Just watched that video where they’re at the NIKE HQ. it doesn’t sound at all like a minor change. I’m still anticipating a complete overhaul of logo, colors will probably be added to traditional green/white, etc.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

714195510038_large.jpg?v=1441055080

Note how cool a black decal can work on a white helmet.

SAR I

Those are so nice. We can only hope ours look similar

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Kinda premature on his part.  Thats if the green represented the Jets.  He might not even be on the team this season. 

Unless you’re Copeland...I don’t think most of these athletes are spending or caring for their finances in a long term mindset lol. 

It’s peanuts to these guys to get a new paint job or a new car all together.

Our old HC got tattoos of team colors changed about 3 times. Jet Green to Buffalo blue and red to Clemson orange. 

1 hour ago, Matthew007b said:

image.png.b0a73725e995067b28421a645c23dc57.png

So by the looks of it, we are keeping the same logo. I thought / was hoping we were getting new logos / brand / uniforms.

• Confused 2

43 minutes ago, UpperDecker317 said:

They have already confirmed there will be a new logo, so the one in the image does not represent our new logo. Do we really think they would show the new logo in a teaser video for all to see?

Didn’t know that was confirmed. Thank God, our current logo sucks

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Screenshot_20190323-112101-01.thumb.jpeg.7ff4e9e19b0440264fba447b7f03422c.jpeg

Cool new concept mock up found on Reddit of the black primary.  I like this one.  This was made with what we've heard in mind.

Probably the closest thing to what we’re actually getting. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Where did Connor Hughes give up the colors of the uniform?

When did he actually see the uniforms?  If I'm trying to keep them secret pretty much the last thing I do is show them to the press and expect that there wont be a leak.  Why would anyone on the Jets think the media would keep them secret.  You are confusing he saw them with someone who claims to have seen them told him.  Quite a difference

Its not almighty Jet Nut, though I like that.  Its basic common sense.  You know like realizing there are only a few variations of green that work, so thinking your onto the new color by picking one of the 7 or so variations off of the NFL.COM site is a clue.

He was quoting a few players who saw the uniforms.

• Upvote 1

I remember how excited I was when Tuna switched us back to the Namath jerseys. I got sick of them around 2008.

This has been a long time coming. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

Saw this post on Reddit. Obviously could be completely BS so take with a huge grain of salt but what I find interesting is the color names. Totally something that I could see Nike and the Jets promoting.

Finally saw them today. They are... interesting. Way, way more futuristic than I thought they’d go. I don’t normally like black uniforms but yours are ******* sweet and something I never knew I wanted in the NFL.

(When asked about logo) It’s a bold “NY”. The whole set is way more representative of New York City than it is the Jets branding, and I actually really like that. The black set is even a love letter to the “City that never sleeps”. The new colors are “Big Apple Green”, “Jet Black”, and “LimeLight”. It’s definitely different, it’s striking, it’s not like anything in the NFL, and to me looks like a team tired of playing second fiddle ready to, well, embrace the limelight.

The numbers are probably my favorite part. Absolutely massive.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

This sounds very real. It’s descriptive without the person revealing anything too spoiler (obviously isn’t at liberty to divulge every facet).

I wonder what the NYC theme is though? Skyline designs? Massive numbers has me curious too. Few more days and we’ll know for sure what’s been real or made up.

All the verbiage too sounds very much like something Nike would market for the Jets. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

This guy is still posting. He said he’s seen the press release for the uniform reveal and that the uniforms are designed to make people think of skyscrapers. He also said jets are not part of the main helmet logo but are used for a secondary logo. 

Is there a link to this on reddit?

The whole NYC vibe with skyscrapers, Big Apple Green, Limelight Green, etc sounds exactly like what the Johnsons would sign off on. The poster who wrote that also mentioned how it was a representation of a team no longer looking to play 2nd fiddle. I expect what this poster wrote to be accurate, including the NY on the helmets.

Yankees, Mets, Giants, Knicks, Jets all have some variation of “NY” in one of their logos or  on their hats, helmets, uniforms. This whole re brand is part of the Jets looking to overtake the Giants as the football team of New York. The “bold NY” is another example of this. They want to make their NY the one that pops out in the public’s minds.

Our current logo has NY but its covered by JETS. This will be NY without any cover. The uniforms will show the NYC angle and the press release is going to push this mentality as the Jets being New York’s team. 

Now only if we can win some Lombardi’s...to go along with this new brand.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jetsons said:

You want to stop playing 2nd fiddle... WIN MULTIPLE SUPER BOWLS... PERIOD.

Yeah I ended my post with that.

16 minutes ago, prime21 said:

The Reddit poster said: 

Those helmets are something you need to see, not have described to you. I don’t want to give you an impression that could sway how you feel about them before you see them."

Everything he described he could have got from the pics above and of course without a helmet to see he went with that absurd response when asked.

That Reddit poster also posted the Bears and Packers were going to be the Opening game this season, a couple days prior to the official announcement. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

80% of the old heads are gonna hate regardless.. 

Majority of people over 50 will hate it.

Majority of people under 30 will think its amazing.

30-49 year olds will be the mixed bag based on personal preference. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

They also said they were not allowed to say if the Jets one was the official one, so my guess is that Nike and the Jets were both aware of the revealing of the Caps in Europe.  I'm still going with it's just a placeholder.  They didn't design something for 4 years to have a hat shop in Germany blow it all up because street dates are different there.

The logo very well might be real, but I don't believe it's indicative of the colors, design, etc.

German logo is NOT the newly designed one. We can rest easy. It would be a PR disaster to hype up everything just for that smallest of tweaks.

4/4 has been asvertised as a complete rebranding, not just uniform tweaks. All the info we’ve gotten has also stated ever design, colors, etc are all brand new.

For all the old timers who want to keep Jets “tradition” and “brand” let me say we have no current brand. A “tradition” based on one great season, is no tradition at all. We have an iconic moment in league history. But that’s it. Don’t feel nostalgic. There’s nothing in the rearview to look at.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

IMG-1168.gif

The German Logo is about the same amount of difference for the Jets as the new Dolphins logo was for Miami.   If someone wasn't aware of the Dolphins update and simply saw the logo on the right they would immediately know "Miami Dolphins".  Mammal, sun, teal.  For the us, it's J-E-T-S, oval, football, green.

The idea is to update/refresh a known brand. Not throw it completely away. 

SAR I

Our brand is non existent. It’s not a franchise of any tradition. We aren’t the steelers, cowboys, giants, packers, 49ers, raiders, patriots. We aren’t even a historic team without much success (i.e. browns, bears).

There is no tradition or brand that holds long term value. The idea here is...exactly to move on from our current lack of identity.

You will see a complete revamp. There is nothing to hold onto historically, except for one great iconic season. That alone does not forbade this team from rebranding. The aforementioned teams can’t do a complete overhaul because their very essence is synonymous with their logo and uniform.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FlightBoyz said:

Some of you guys are outta your minds. There is NO shot that's the new logo. These Germans just screwed with everybody's heads even more. 

Hope you’re right. If that’s the best they could come up with after 5 years...then the Johnson’s and Nike should be embarrassed.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

There are literally hundreds of hats for sale on the Jets website with all sorts of different logos on them.

To think that the Jets have hyped this total redesign for the last 8 months only to have a subtle minor tweak in the logo, is inane.....but then again, it's the Jets so maybe you are right.  I'm betting it's not.

Exactly this. Any decently run organization would just release a minor tweak without build up and anticipation. The Patriots made subtle changed to their logo a couple years ago, without a build. Hell, even the horrible Miami Dolphins didn’t hype up their change.

To have pr and marketing dating back to August with an unveiling event hosted by a celebrity, and to just have that logo with the same color scheme, except just a little black added would be ridiculous and embarrassing.

As you said though...its the Jets...

9 minutes ago, funaz said:

4xm6o5g6u1q21.jpg

Really nice uni’s! But the logo on the helmet? Come on man...thats weak!

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

I really like the unis, a lot! Love the helmets. Just not a fan of the boring logo. Overall good.

• Upvote 1

I love chrome green helmets. Would have been much better to slap an NY decal with that jet swoosh on top of bottom and called it a day. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Love the new uniforms (what else was anyone expecting?) love the chrome green helmet and black mask.

The logo is so uninspiring and they should be embarrassed for such a hype up with a logo like that.

They better have some creative secondary logos.

• Upvote 2

White on white with those gotham green helmets are the best! Wow

Black on black is very nice

Wish green jerseys had a black pants option.

Helmets and overall uniforms look much better in better quality. Pops more

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

I just re-watched the Uniform Reveal on YouTube.  Skipped to just the players walking on stage.  Muted Smoove.

You know what?  I think our uniforms are awesome.  I really do.  I believe firmly that they are the nicest modern uniform Nike has created in the NFL. 

When you get away from all the noise and the whining, you will find that the shoulder contrails are very special and look very dominant and different at many angles, the chromed green helmets are ridiculously dynamic, the New York script across the chest is proportionally designed, and that helmet decal is f-ing cool.

Watch the video a few more times.  Turn the sound off.  It's a very cool uniform.  I may violate my own rule and buy the black one.  I think it's quite special.

SAR I

Going to have to agree with you here. Im surprised that they nailed the most important aspect I was concerned with...the color green. They absolutely nailed it.

I do wish the logo on the helmet had a take flight swoosh or something to that effect. But overall great job.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Another take on the logo: 

nmrgnt6j6dq21.jpg

PERFECT ! That’s literally the missing piece to a perfect uniform.

• Like 1

Best combos:

1. White on white 

2. Black on black (*they should green jersey, black pants option)

3. White jersey on green pants

4. Green jersey on white pants

5. Green on green 

I look forward to some merchandise with take flight swoosh as the season approached closer. A hat with NY + Swoosh, or Jets + Swoosh would be nice in black white and that gotham green.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company