Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

So everyone's clear, I believe they had to announce a new uniform a year in advance, they couldn't just drop them without notice. If I recall right, the Jags and Titans did the same last year. Calling it a distraction from the Darnold contract situation... well, maybe it turns out that way but I think that's just convenience from coincidence.

As for the new design... as long as its monochrome green and white (no black or silver those are eagles colors) and relatively simple I'm game for it. Hopefully its something closer to the Vikings new look than the Buccaneers one.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

A "Jet" was a cutting edge piece of technology in 1964.  Here in 2018 the name is as exciting as Cars, Trains, and Buses.

SAR I

Back then I think it was a reference to your typical commercial plane, apt synergy when they were not far from LaGuardia.

Nowadays I think we tend to see more military style jets associated with the name. The Jets have used that in some of their video graphics and stuff for instance.

Come to think of it I bet most people today with picture those vehicles with the term "Jet" than a typical 747 or something.

Here's something I prefer they not add to any new uniform; an outline or drop shadow behind numbers and letters. Goes into my desire not to see ANY black or silver on the uniform, you just know somebody would try to add a black outline to the numbers like the early 90's version.

If they try their best not to add any accenting colors I think it would be pretty difficult for them to muck about with the design like they have with other teams.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Monochrome... Everything will look fine as long as its just Green and White....

The moment they start adding other colors like gray or black we look like a bootleg version of the Eagles. 

5 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Sign me up too

I hate that plane logo for one reason and one reason only... it looks like a dolphin.

PASS.  Although the shade of green works.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

An underrated item of discussion when it comes to the uniforms, I very much hope they maintain the current font/lettering. The bold sanserif typeface on a slight diagonal has been used since the 60's and it's aged incredibly well since then. I find there's no need to change it. 

That little image looks promising on that front, but doesn't necessarily mean it's sticking around.

I'm taking no stock in the very limited maybe even color filtered image of the jersey from the teaser. That could be it, it could not, I have no clue.

But the "Take Flight" slogan and the stripe they use with it and the date of release feel significant.

For one it tells us that we're keeping the same letter font, which is a relief because it's aged tremendously well since the 60's and didn't need to be replaced.

Second it probably means that same stripe will appear somewhere on the new jersey's themselves. Where and in what way, I don't know. But the fact that they used them twice feels too particular a choice to be nothing. I like the quick and sleek aggressiveness of it as a design element if that's the case, fits a team named after a superfast method of travel.

I'd love to see a pair of those "triangle" stripes to be placed across the chest and into the shoulders.

• Upvote 2

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 6:48 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

That should've happened already.  The Falcons are the most obvious example.  They never should've gotten rid of the red.

image.png.e3a5cd2e4c0930c883b293044bba29dc.png

image.png.ae01f7deb412b2b9adfa200f7acd9074.png 

I think their current red tops with a black helmet looks really good. And if THEY use a black alternate it's not "black for blacks sake" but rather just using a secondary color. 

Teams like the Jets, Cardinals and 49ers should just stick with their two main colors and not introduce black for no reason other than to look tough like the Raiders or some BS.

BTW, I'd rather they had a two tone green than any use of black. 

• Upvote 1

Beyond the awkward AF show I think these are alright.

The best element of each uniform is far and away the shoulder stripe on the jersey. Some might call it under designed I think it's perfect. Breaks up the space just right, looks sleek and aggressive, doesn't overstay its welcome.  PERFECT.

The logo is a little disappointing, I think this was a great chance to bring back the swooshing Jet above the letters with the classic font, but alas. It looks better without the busy "NEW YORK" letter mark and football oval a round it. The logo already has a football in it why does it need to be surrounded by one? Leave the "JETS" with the football beneath it as the primary logo I say.

The Green... I like it but it will take some getting used to. I think it will look better on the field than in some of these shots. Also, it DOES match the helmet, it's just such a different texture it's hard to tell.

Speaking of getting used to things I'm not wild about black being an official color now, I prefer the monochrome like a good little purist. But dammit even I have to say that the black alternate is a triumph. The green shoulder and leg stripes pop beautifully on that black; I think they specifically chose this green because of how it would look on this jersey in particular.

Unless they're playing a snowstorm or something they should never wear the all greens, now that they have a green helmet again it's too much green. The Green/white, All white, White/green, All blacks look fine.

They did a decent job. Just wish the logo would have been a little different. But you cant go wrong with that font.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Logo details 

33F03CBE-DE47-4E30-A380-BF3346147F3C.jpeg

hate it. the "unbound logo" looks better. the NEW YORK is too much and I cant stop blaring the "Inception" song in my head when I see the football inside another football.

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Nike nailed it. They remembered the past, yet it's a bold new design for a new era of Jets football. These new Jets helmets are tinted in a way they appear to change colors when paired with the spotlight white, Gotham green, or stealth black tops. With the spotlight white jerseys the helmets almost appear candy apple green, then combined with the stealth black jerseys the helmets appears to show more of a black accent. 

That's really interesting. The helmet is definitely the most modern and innovative element in what is otherwise a more simplistic look. 

Also I just noticed, the black itself isn't as dark as it could be. (looks lighter than say what the Raiders have.) They've actually added "Jet black" to the color palette. Sneaky, sneaky.

24 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Another take on the logo: 

nmrgnt6j6dq21.jpg

Oooh. Neat! Clean! I like it a lot. Really after sleeping it off I think not bringing back that stylized Jet was the biggest mistake they made. It's alluded too sure but an outright usage would have been better than the cluttered primary logo they're using now. I really don't like the new logo when all elements are put together. THIS would have been perfect, no need for anything more.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, slats said:

The Jets and the Bucs are the only two teams (that I can think of) that have a football in their logo. As if the worst teams in the league need to remind their fans that, yes, that is football that they're out there trying to play. 

You're right, about them being the only ones with footballs. A few NFL logos use helmets but fewer use footballs for whatever reason. Meanwhile you look at MLB and the NBA and there's the respective playing ball represented all over the place. Case in point every New York team has it in their primary.

I've heard the opinion that the NEW YORK across the chest reminds some of college or high school. It is odd how few Pro teams have used a front name font, most choose a small wordmark or their logo off to the side, so I guess that's where the standard comes from. 

I've also heard that the stripes look arena league as if somehow not using two solid stripes makes it look like the team is from a lower league or something. Meanwhile Broncos and Pats have used a non traditional stripe to great effect for two decades. I really believe the triangular stripes are the true highlight of the uniform; they're quick and streaking like the teams' namesake and that's excellent. Fits like a glove I think.

So what's everyone's favorite combo?

As much as it kind of pains me to say I think the Black ones are the best overall set. (never use green or white pants with it)]

The green top and white pants are growing on me. All white is never a bad option.

The pickle pants combos are my least favorite. The white one is okay but I think the all green look is gonna take a LOT of getting used to. That's never been a combo like it in the past for the Jets; green helmet, green top, green bottom. Lotta green.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

These are a  must with the new jerseys. 

Image result for nike green grass sneakers

Hmm... Looks like somebody's got a case of Turf Toe...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company