Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

How bout the old 80s jets logo inside the green oval on a white helmet. Double stipes down the center like we have now? 🤔 That way its a mixture of both. And still seems like our jets of old. 

I was thinking the same thing, so I mocked the below. EDIT - not the oval. I wanted to go back to the football shape from the 60's. Also, the kelly-ish green which appears to be a near consensus favorite.

This idea has been thought of before.

Other takes on this include this one:  http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/95410-oldschoolvikings-nfl-concepts-new-patriots-concept-added-73118/?page=20

and this one, but the font doesn't feel right:

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/BostonRedSoxGo/media/cGF0aDovSmV0cyBoZWxtZXQgc2lkZSB2aWV3IEtlbGx5IEdyZWVuX3pwc3RtaHFxdW1zLnBuZw==/?ref=

It seems that a lot of the 80s wordmark nostalgia is centered around the jet wing.  This is an interesting reductionist concept:

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/dhuxos/media/cGF0aDovaGQyemRpajMgM196cHMwc2tubWxxYS5wbmc=/?ref

jets_helmet1.jpg

• Post of the Week 1

46 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

bright green and light blue are majorly different - I would think trying to sell bright green merchandising would be much tougher. It would need to be an accent color if they want to use it. They need to be aware of which colors look dated and which colors do not. Kelly green - that bright green - screams 60s and 70s. Kids would not want the main color of the uniform to look old and dated. They would never use this color as the main color if they are using a professional design firm.

We'll see. 80s nostalgia and aesthetics are very popular. Everything old is new again.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Looks like they are going stealth.

Yes. I can really see them doing this and calling it "Jets Stealth Black." Personally, I don't like the look and am partial to brighter (not neon or loud color rush) colors - think old school Oilers, Eagles, Broncos.   In fact, I think the new Titans uniforms are a shame with that dark Navy blue blah helmet.  They should have stuck with dominant Houston Oilers colors.

Here's hoping the Jets go to Kelly green...

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Vader said:

they are going all in w darnold . total rebrand. they havent done this since Parcells. 

Yes.  If Darnold is really that good, the rebranded look will be how the team is remembered for a long time.  

I think they'll either go with a military-esque literal look or a retro Kelly green.  I'm hoping for the latter.

There's much love for the 80's wordmark or adaptations of it. Give them what they want, or maybe only the most vocal fans online have been clamoring for it in proposed redesigns. Then again, there's no accounting for taste and there are plenty of bad logos/designs for many products.  However there is so much emphasis on 80's nostalgia nowadays (see also the retro Pepsi logo for 2018), so the wordmark could be in play. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

I don't know man, I would be shocked if they went with a whole new color scheme. Besides the fact that they would be totally changing the identity of the team, I can't imagine there are much better color combinations out there that aren't already tied to other teams. EA saying completely new to me means that it is just a slight update of the ones we're wearing now, the design was conceived from scratch. Of course, I could be wrong but that would be a hell of a risk they are taking. 

Agree. Has there been a recent NFL team that completely ditched their color scheme? The established pattern has been to evolve the uniform in iterations - even "new' uniforms usually retain the same roots as old, e.g. the Rams Royal blue and yellow becomes darker blue and gold.  Completely banishing green and white would be a surprise.  Also, this kind of a thing may be bad for the brand awareness as the Jets are known for green and white. While you want fans to buy new merchandise, you don't necessarily want to alienate the same people who have invested money in older sets. Hence, keeping the look at least in the same neighborhood in terms of color.

Reluctantly, I'd also have to agree that the outreach on the Jets' black practice jersey's could indicate the direction that they are going. It reminds me of the 90's Mets / Knicks.  Thumbs down.

2 hours ago, Vader said:

Tampa bay, definitely. 

Lesser —

Miami, totally new blue and logo 

New England, red -> blue, white -> silver, new logo 

Seattle, silver -> gray, different blue, fluorescent green, new helmets 

San Diego, powder to navy

denver, different blues, focus from orange to blue, New logo / helmet

rams, yellow to gold to white 

buffalo made heavy changes too

Tampa Bay from creamsicles to the current versions really are different. Denver, too. I feel that for these teams you mentioned, the changes are more iterative and show a progression / correlation in color family and identity: Miami, San Diego, Buffalo, Rams, Seahawks (by way of keeping the same logo).

6 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Not directed at me, but I would like to see a new color green more like the Kelly Green. I would like it to be primarily green and white but I am open to adding a new color, but not black. That just seems so unoriginal and played out. I think either blue or gold from the Titans uniform could be used well if done sparingly, and would be a nice nod to our history. I would love to see a completely new logo. And whatever design it is avoid the whole patchwork quilt effect so many of the Nike uniforms get. 

I hope the team does not incorporate any NY Titans uniform colors. Blue, and dark blue/navy in particular, is a color used by so many NFL teams. There's also enough deep yellow/gold out there.  Returning to a Kelly green would provide a visual distinction that would be welcome especially when compared with the glut of dark themed colors/uniforms.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jetrider said:

I agree about the ugly Titans colors but the problem with kelly green as a stand alone color is it's too limpdick visually. That's why black was added as a reinforcement to give it a harder edge. People forget the uniforms have to read on a large field not just a computer monitor.

I'm sure many won't agree, but I think these look pretty good on the field (the brawl not withstanding):

Also the Rams' uniforms are spectacular here as well.

On 10/16/2018 at 8:37 AM, #27TheDominator said:

I don't like it because I think it is going to look stupid, but the Yankees, Mets, Rangers, Islanders, Knicks all wear blue.  So did the Nets until they moved to Brooklyn and went to these strange 1930's black and white uniforms.  I think the only true New York team that didn't wear blue was the baseball Giants.

Boring blue - navy blue, dark blue, light blue. How many NFL teams have blue as a primary or accent color?  Too many. I'd think the Jets would stay green and white. With some of the new promo materials it looks like they will in fact go with a lighter shade of green - which IMHO - is the right move. Unfortunately, it looks like they may go with a lime green as opposed to a Kellly green which I think would be a mistake.  

I'm back and forth on the helmet color but I think it should be green.  Three of the four teams in the AFCE have white helmets --too many white helmets.

On 10/16/2018 at 12:19 PM, Adoni Beast said:

I love that big Jet logo for our helmets. I would like a didferent shade of green or different colors than that...but the helmet logo is perfect.

On 10/16/2018 at 8:47 AM, GREENBEAN said:

I'll admit I'm nervous about the new uniforms and our team trying to be "cool" with the next generation which is basically a bunch of idiots who sit on computers and play video games. 

I wouldn't mind this all that much maybe. But this would be as far as I'd want to go. 

image.png

I like this. It's got the nod to 80's nostalgia with the large jet wing without reproducing verbatim the 80's wordmark. It's modern and sleek - which is in the spirit of the team name. And it doesn't look like the uniform of any other NFL team (ok, maybe a touch like the Eagles, but lighten the shade of green to differentiate). 

I hope they do something like this instead of any military theme.

• Like 1

I hope the Jets' new green (if it is green) doesn't look like Seattle's color rush uniforms on TV right now. Neon lime.

18 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The Jets wore white that day, they used to wear white at home from 1985-1989.

I agree on the logo, I love the 80s logo.  Where I disagree is on the lighter green, I hate it and when I see it I see losers.  I know we have sucked most of this decade but since going to the darker green in 1998(21 seasons) we have made the playoffs 7 times, won 7 playoff games, been in 3 AFC Championship Games, won our only 2 AFC East titles, had 13 seasons of .500 or better and had 8 losing seasons(w/ 3 coming these last 3 years).  From 1970(the 1st yr of the merger) through 1997(28 seasons) in the lighter green the Jets made the playoffs 5 times, won won 3 playoff games, made 1 conf championship Game, won zero division titles, 12 seasons at .500 or better and 16 losing seasons.

I wish we'd go w/ the 80s style uni w/ the current darker green.

I feel that the dark green is drab. I'm partial to the 80's uniform/logo, however I really like the current uniforms with the color rush variant  (minus the shiny helmet logo) better than the normal hunter(?) green.

Only time will tell if the new uniforms will be some garish abomination or a breath of fresh air.

29 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Packers,Bears,Jets simple uniforms that look good this is football not a fashion show. 

I'd agree with you if it was the Jets uniform from Namath era unaltered. 

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Nike changed the color when we had Reebok uniforms the color was better. 

My fear is that this organization will do something along the lines like the Titans did and they are hideous. 

You're probably right about this.

26 minutes ago, Stark said:

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/one-jets-drive-creating-the-new-jets-uniforms

about the 40 second mark in, the guy says they have started on this project in 2014. also at the 50 second mark the guy says "it's such a BOLD CHANGE"/ That would mean that they NFL could have been informed within that 5 year period.

I would say that it wouldn't be out of the question to change colors, but I don't think there will be an abandonment from green. Probably add a color as you said. The part that caught my attention, and I can't remember exactly where I heard/read it, was that they wanted or were going to add something from the "Titans" era. So does that mean add a blue? or a yellow (surely not - we're not green bay) maybe a neon yellow similar to oregon?

Going to be interesting to see what it is.

I can see the "bold" change to a fighter jet inspired logo and color accents as opposed to the airliner jet wing from the 80's.  It's been mentioned before that jet travel doesn't have the same cachet now that it did when the team was named in the 60's.  A military theme could be a big money maker, although I'd rather not see it.  

The TItans stuff is such a stretch. Does anyone really care about the Titans of New York and their glorious history?  When they added the Titans throwbacks some time ago, I thought it was a missed opportunity to satisfy that portion of the fanbase that really likes the 80's uniforms. I imagine that those people on this board who are opposed to going back to the 80's logo/colors wouldn't mind them as a once or twice a year throwback...

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

That’s a lime greenish tinted glow coming from that briefcase. 

Me no likey. 

At around to 10 second mark look at the green color of "Jets"-- much brighter than current. Maybe looks like Kelly green, and in keeping with how the team has been styling their advertising.  That, along with the glow, indicates that green isn't being swapped out as a primary color.   If they go with "Stealth Jet Black" maybe it's an alternative set.

The promo video is pretty funny...

• Upvote 1

This rumor sounds real for two reasons:

1. It's so bad that it's just the kind of that could absolutely be true.

2. The Jets' no-contact QB jerseys were switched to green and black for no apparent reason and the team asked for opinions/highlighted it on social media.

I don't like black as a main color at all. Especially for the helmet color. It's blah...I think four or five teams use black as the helmet color and more use dark navy blue...boring!  Who wants to look like the Ravens?  Only one team uses green helmets...the Eagles, and that's a dark green. I was hoping the Jets would go back to a lighter green helmet and own green. One possibility to make black work would be to add a pattern or mixed materials to the black...like what the Seahawks do with the carbon fiber on top of the helmet.  

I'm also not a fan of military fighter jet image, but I think this is totally predictable and what the market may like. I would prefer that the Jets emphasize speed and go back to a stylized jet-wing that recalls the 80's wordmark.  The choice doesn't have to be between a commercial airliner and a military fighter.

If they're so keen on a military look, they could have the uniforms look like actual jet fighter pilot flight-suits complete with helmets...think Ernest Borgnine in Airwolf...ha! 

22 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I don't recall anyone adding this tidbit, but if you had to pick one color that represents New York City, it would be black. It's always been black. It's urban, edgy, etc. It's the most associated color with the city and no other color (absence of color) is close. Now I realize we aren't in NYC, but you can hardly blame New Yorkers for wanting black. I would be shocked if there wasn't any green though. A lighter green would pop off the black, that's for sure.

The official colors of New York City, as represented by its flag,  are orange, white and blue.

https://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/us-nyc.html

Think Mets, Knicks and Islanders uniforms. No, I don't want to see those colors for the Jets, and I certainly don't want to see black. I hope they remain green, and I would prefer a lighter shade and green helmets.

13 minutes ago, Vader said:

NYC doesn’t have a set of colors. The Blue and Orange is Dutch and a historical artifact. The fact that there are teams that have the colors is also an artifact, but also a fact. The Dutch brought their Orange to other places as well, including Philadelphia — William Penn was half Dutch and visited Amsterdam 3 times to get Dutch to come to Philly. The Quakers were Dutch and the Philadelphia Quakers Hockey team held those Dutch color of Orange. The Flyers borrowed this history and have the same colors - Orange, White and Black. The Dutch were from the top of the Hudson down the Delaware. The English Yankees in the 18th century replaced them. The English colors were not Orange and Blue. The NY Giants (Baseball), The New Mets (borrowing Giant Orange and Dodger Blue), Islanders, Knicks all have the Dutch colors, but the other older Baseball Teams, Hockey Teams, and Football teams that we know today — none had this color conbination. There were many many other clubs besides the well known ones going back to the 1800s with other color identities. 

The original Brooklyn Dodgers (1883-4 (Brooklyn grays/Atlantics)): Dodger Blue, White and (red). Original Uniforms were White with Red Pinstripes...

The Yankees (1901/1903): Navy Blue and White pinstripes, and Gray. The pinstripes didn’t happen until like 1912.

Original NY Metropolitans (1880): Teal, Black and White.

NY Football Giants (1925): (named after the Baseball Giants) Blue, Red; Gray, white.

NY Rangers(1926): Blue, White and Red.

modern NYC def doesn’t have a set of defining colors, and it shouldn’t 

This is interesting, Thank you for this write up.

As a point of fact, there appears to be a connection between the colors of the NYC flag and several NYC sports teams. Regardless of how anyone feels about this "historical artifact,"  it is a stronger connection than stating that the color black is synonymous with NYC.

I agree that NYC brands shouldn't feel bound to a specific set of colors, and they aren't.  Just hoping they skip both the black and garish Tampa Bay-style designs.

10 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

If there was ever doubt on the Jets new uniforms that was eliminated today with the way the Jets dressed"

Kelly Green -Blueish Grey - Blue  (with Black and White)

They had Gase posing with a football helmet and wearing a logo that, in a few months, will likely be extinct.

29 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Not really 

Black uniforms for Arizona, the Raiders, Panthers, Bears...

Dark green or a deep blue isn't much better

It should be a lighter shade of green...closer to Kelly green.  It probably will be, as the Jets' website seems to be photoshopping the current uniform pictures to make them look lighter and more like the color rush jersey. Hope they don't use black. The Saints and Ravens black unitard look is so meh. What an overdone, boring choice.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Stark said:

It's around the 20:30 mark, but honestly its nothing really. EA just says that:

"Jamal Adams "the King of Swag" .... I know he's pumped about the new uniforms he knows a bit about style"

"Fans are going to be pleasantly, I don't know if surprised is the right word, but fans are going to be very happy when the see these"

Tip-off that it's derivative of the 80's logo/wordmark???  

3 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Ken O'Brien, Boomer Esiason, Glen Foley and Testeverde all had difficulty picking up Jets Wrs complaining the green helmet and uniforms blended into the turf.

Testaverde didn't play with the green helmet, right?  His joined the team in 1998 which was the first season reverting back to white helmets after twenty years of the green helmets.

15 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I highly highly highly highly doubt that this is real, but someone on Reddit posted this asking if it was a legitimate leak, and I wanted to see the reaction here 😂😂😂😂.

c0UJ5zy_d.jpg.a2d6e47cb359b3ce684fdf513b7c7254.jpg

Huh.  Strange logo. Looks like the Giants NY with bottom trail but in reverse. Also recalls the Jets wordmark with the trail on the bottom and to the left instead of top and right. Weird transition from the "N" to the "Y."   The black sleeves don't really go and should be white. The logo text should be white.    Perhaps it's a fake, but it seems just weird enough to be real. Pay attention to the "NFL 100" seal. This is not the logo that the NFL unveiled. But, maybe an approved variant for the uniforms not yet shown.  Hmm...

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, teptep said:

Huh.  Strange logo. Looks like the Giants NY with bottom trail but in reverse. Also recalls the Jets wordmark with the trail on the bottom and to the left instead of top and right. Weird transition from the "N" to the "Y."   The black sleeves don't really go and should be white. The logo text should be white.    Perhaps it's a fake, but it seems just weird enough to be real. Pay attention to the "NFL 100" seal. This is not the logo that the NFL unveiled. But, maybe an approved variant for the uniforms not yet shown.  Hmm...

Also, on the logo, look at the negative space created between the "N' and the "J"  it looks like a jet wing banking away... especially if the "J" is understood as the tail fin.

3 hours ago, sourceworx said:

It isn't very unique. Very Eagles-esque. 

This sentiment is out there and it's understandable, but I don't think it's a deal breaker. Eagles and Jets, as objects, both have wings.  If the wings are featured prominently in the design concept, even double sided on the helmet, as long as they are depicted as inorganic, I'm good with it.  

1 hour ago, jetsons said:

This is a false narrative taken from the Lions makeover a couple of years back... Same model, just photoshopped.

Is this definitive proof that the concept is a fake?  Could be an early iteration?  Its it possible  that Nike's production process could show a very early concept on a previous model? Or, could the jersey image leak be real and then this helmet+jersey photo combination is fake.... Sure, it could be fake, but disregarding thoughts on the design,  the quality of the render looks impressive.

Regarding the comments that these concepts look too much like the Eagles - that's not wholly unsurprising. Jets are mechanized birds with a standout feature being wings. Wings, flight and speed are shared by things that fly. The Jets used to feature a wing on their helmet for 20 years. It's understandable that of all NFL teams, the Jets and Eagles might have some overlap in identity, at least at the conceptual level. The teams  looked even more similar back in the 80's/90's when they shared the same common color, Kelly green.

Who knows if these are total or partial fakes, but I don't think they're bad. They're very different, for sure.

31 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Now that looks awful. I also hate that plane logo. No way they go back to that. 

Agree. Hate the plane logo. Clunky and chunky...more like a cargo plane than a jet.  I like the green color though. I would prefer  green helmet.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Found this concept on Twitter/Instagram and decided to tinker with the original colors, as they were too washed out for what I was thinking the new green would look like.

I'd be a fan of this.  Logo is cool as well.

I like this. Especially because the helmet is green and features the 80's wordmark, while the new "logo" is secondary and only appears on the jersey.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matthew007b said:

I'd be pretty happy about this - the upper right logo not a total fan but the uniform works with the classic 80's~90's logo. 2 months to gooooo.. :)

37969430_418916065296812_2507355715031531520_n.thumb.jpg.e271bef5e89d8ecc581b0aa0b86e8085.jpg

While I guess they won't go back to this, it's my favorite look.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Seems to me the only people who like these uniforms are people too young to remember how badly the Jets sucked when they wore them. I have no desire for them to go back to this. 

Not all of us.  I became a Jets fan during the Bruce Coslet era (no accounting for taste). So I do admit that it's partial nostalgia, but I always liked the full green helmets, that particular shade of green and the jet outline on the wordmark. I had hope they'd make the playoffs in those uniforms, especially in 1993 vs the Oilers and then in Parcells' first season in 1997 against the Lions. But, of course, Parcells changed the uniforms in 1998 when they started a run of more success.

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The all white with the gray facemask is the perfect uniform.

If they went back to the 60's uniform with Kelly green, grey facemask and fixed the shoulder stripes so that it's green/white/green, that could work. In addition, for the logo, they should go back to the football shape instead of the oval, they should remove the "NY" from the logo, take out the little football under "Jets" and swap out the "Jets" with the 80's workmark jet wing. 

• Post of the Week 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company