Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

13 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Nonsense. Here is my Starter jacket from middle school and it's still dope AF.

261236_10100727402321799_7647148_n.jpg

NICE!  I am in the minority I know, but I like the black!  I still have my Black starter jacket with the 80s JETS logo in green across the front (the one Parcells wore all the time in '97).  Still use that when I go to the gym at 5 AM in the winter months!!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jetrider said:

I agree about the ugly Titans colors but the problem with kelly green as a stand alone color is it's too limpdick visually. That's why black was added as a reinforcement to give it a harder edge. People forget the uniforms have to read on a large field not just a computer monitor.

O God PLEASE no Titans crap!!!  My kids are currently 13 and 11, and the ONLY Jets game we went to as a family was against the Jags back in week 2 of 2011.  And guess what unis the Jets wore that day?  So pi$$ed!!!  We are going to the home opener this year and they better not pull another stunt like that again!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, teptep said:

I'm sure many won't agree, but I think these look pretty good on the field (the brawl not withstanding):

Also the Rams' uniforms are spectacular here as well.

I liked them 10 years later (Boomer time) when they had the black outlining, and black on the helmets instead of the white.

I really just miss the green helmets.  white is just so bland....

• Like 1

when I first heard that they were changing uniforms next year, I was excited!  but after seeing the new Titans unis?  my Lord.....now I'm worried that some a$$ clown will do to ours what was done to the titans!!

I like our current uniforms, but LOVE the old 80s helmets much better.  I just don't wan a white helmet.  don't like the green jersey/green pants combo at all!  any other combo is fine.  

I really just A) don't want them to go back to anything "Titans of NY" crap.  UGLY.  B ) would like to see more black than white.  not too much, but similar to what the jets did in the early 90s:  black outlining of numbers/names, on the face mask, etc.  now if they go black jerseys/black helmets, then more green than white.  to me white is just so boring.  gotta have some color!

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

No black on uniforms. We are green and white.

I think that's about to change.  maybe I'm reading into it, but they changed the QB practice jerseys from red/white to black/green and then the Jets twitter account (I think) tweeted asking Jets nation what we thought of the jersey change.  a little foreshadowing?

Now I HOPE the jerseys are not just that.  it's boring, but I am expecting them to be black with white/green accents

23 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Could NOT DISAGREE MORE with what you stated. Respectfully disagree.

Who gives a flying Fickle of the winning percentage of the team and how that correlates to the uniforms they wore at the time. The teams sucked back then b/c Leon Hess (GREAT AMERICAN! RIP.) was interested in COST EFFICIENCY in running his "side business" of an NFL team in NYC and never invested heavily in scouting and quality management. The ONE solid GM during that era, IMO, Dick Steinberg, died on us. The Jets sucked b/c of management & coaching, not their uniforms. 

I grew up watching the Jets during that era (1886-present) and while I appreciate the nostalgia and understand YOUR association of "the losing years", I don't consider those uniforms and logos ugly. They were simple and not too complicated - and you know, ACTUALLY INCORPORATED the Team Name into the LOGO. In addition, the kids who grew up during that era are NOW the middle aged fans who drop $$$ as STHs, merchandise consumers, away games traveling fans. etc. and competent TEAM marketing will recognize that and try to CAPITALIZE on that nostalgia factor.

giphy.gif 

agree.  LOVE those helmets, LOVE the logo back then.  I do like our current jerseys better though.

However, I believe the Jets are going in a completely new direction.  Someone mentioned on these forums a few weeks back that when they switched Darnold's/McCown's practice jerseys from red/white to black/green that the Jets twitter account tweeted out asking Jets nation what we thought of the new look.  almost like it was a glimpse at the direction they are going?  obviously not those exact jerseys, but more black?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Thats the best part of uniform discussions.  When people say no, flat out to colors or a design.  That tell others what we are and are not.  Its all opinion and if the uniforms are done right, like Jax IMO, colors wont be all that important, they'll look good.

I agree with you on Jax:  they look much better.  good choice.

• Upvote 1

On 9/19/2018 at 6:31 PM, NYDreamer said:

Just saw these on a China Site

IMG_0376.JPGIMG_0374.JPGIMG_0375.JPG

I swear...if these (American flag ones) are our uniforms next year, I will root for another team....awful.

14 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Created this gif from Sam’s latest Instastory. Helmets look metallic. Not sure how I feel.

To be clear: Our all whites like this weekend against the Colts are the best uniform in sports. Absolutely beautiful.

BC06504D-2A69-46CA-8D17-B4596970847A.gif

to be clear:  our all white uniforms against the LIONS are the best!!!  only difference was the white face mask, which I think looks so much better than the gray.  I get the SBIII reference, which is fine, but hope they stick with the white from now on.

16 minutes ago, Vader said:

The helmets are chrome with black face masks. This is consistent with the black jerseys with green numbers seen before.

also for what purpose is Darnold signing these? These are probably limited edition but also introducing the new color scheme. 

i would be shocked if these aren’t close to what we will have next year. 

It may be a transitional helmet with a new color scheme (introduce chrome and black) with the old logo and helmet striping.

iwouldnt be shocked after seeing this to have new chrome / black with a new helmet logo and without the old striping pattern next year.

I don't think so.  A sports store in my local mall has those helmets as well for when athletes come in for autograph signings.  the ones I saw were for the giants and eagles.  same thing with the chrome.

I think people are reading too much into these new uniforms next year!  "chrome helms - MUST be new unis!";  "flags given out at first home game - MUST be new color of unis next year!"  etc.

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I cannot figure out why people constantly call the Jets current uniforms "simple".  They are far from it.

They have stripes in 3 different areas, in 3 different patterns. They have numbers on the shoulders/sleeves(which also has a stripe) and the torso.  They have a logo on the chest.  The logo itself has 4 separate components.  If that is simple, I'd hate to see what busy looks like.

agree 100%.  want simple?  check the giants unis.  home?  all blue.  BORING.  and don't get me started on their ugly-a$$ away uniforms.

I have always hated the giants, but as a Rangers fan, I did like their unis in the 1980s.  I mean are they "big blue" or not?  blue helms with white jerseys and red stripes, and grey pants.....geez

Jets changed unis in 1998.  what did it take the giants 1-2 years to change theirs.  such followers.  bet they change theirs in the next couple of years again...

2 hours ago, SheaRay said:

If I'm not mistaken they're 3-0 this year wearing white on white which I happen to think they should keep except go back to the Kelly green. 

you are not mistaken.  at Lions, Colts and at Bills.  I was joking about that with my cousin - superstitions and all that they should always wear white on white.

I can't remember - was it Rex or Mangenius who would keep wearing the same color combo after a win till they lost?  I'm not saying it was all season, or multiple seasons or whatever.  but I personally HATE when they wear their all greens (all whites I love) and they wore it like a few weeks in a row one time, which is not something they do, and I remember reading the HC was being superstitious....

I am by no means an expert on this, but correct me if I'm wrong:

1. Parcells was hired in '97, and was responsible for the change in uniforms right?

2. His first season ('97) was the regular 80s/early 90s unis.  His second year we had the current unis; so basically he made the change and the very next year we had new unis.

3.  From what I have read, in order to make "drastic changes" to a team's uni, said team must notify NFL 5 years in advance, correct?

4.  One Jets Drive episode towards the end of the season: someone mentioned that the Jets "started this process in 2014" - exactly 5 years ago.

I mean to me, if they were just going to keep the white helmets and maybe change the green color somewhat, or maybe add a little gray or black here or there, they would not be working on this for 5 years, no?  (I know, I know; this is the JETS we are talking about, but still) I am expecting an overhaul myself.  Rex was HC in 2014.  Can't believe no one has asked him about this?  If they "started the process" back then, maybe he knows something?  Like what direction were they going?  back to the 80s?  complete overhaul?  mix?  God knows Rex has a big mouth and would gladly tell all!

I just hope they are not God-awful ugly!!

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Just watched that video where they’re at the NIKE HQ. it doesn’t sound at all like a minor change. I’m still anticipating a complete overhaul of logo, colors will probably be added to traditional green/white, etc.

same here

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I can only speak for myself and if the new and improved stuff is hideous I won't buy it. I have enough current stuff to keep me in business for a very long time. If not E-bay will always have what I need. 

If the stuff is decent I will buy it. 

me too.  some of the stuff I have seen on these 55 pages about unis makes me sick.  some would make me choose another team.  some others would make me stop watching football all together!!  LOL

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Which is exactly what is going on now in Cleveland. The new uniforms are despised by the fans, so the team has already entered a request to change again. As with the Jets and any othe team though, they have to keep the "current" for now because it takes 4 tears to change. 

Why the 4 years? Who knows? but expect to see a lot of color rush and throwback uniforms on the Brownies the next few years. Hopefully we don't end up in the same boat.

I think it's 4 years for a "drastic" change - whatever the hell that means?  because if you remember, Parcells came in here in '97 and wanted to revert back to the old Jets unis, and we had them one year later.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

What happened to rest of the pages?  I thought we were up to 128?? 

on the app, not on internet

9 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Now back to the topic at hand. Almost time for new unis. Can’t believe how it “creeped” up on us. I’m cautiously optimistic but can’t say I’m not worried. I really got used to our uniforms but I guess any team can say that before a change.

I'm worried too.  Guess it's the Jets fan in me.  I was born in the 70s, so I grew up with the "80s Jets" unis.  Loved the Green helmet!  Took me a LONG time to come around to the white ones, but now that I have, I am nervous as all hell that they will pull a Jaguars/Titans on us.

I just bought myself a Darnold jersey last year.  I know I am in the vast minority here, but the only way I buy the new jersey if if it is black.  I know...I know....but almost everything I have that's Jets (other than my jerseys) is black.  baseball caps, knit hats, jackets, sweatshirts, shirts, shorts, etc etc.  Maybe it will be something like the eagles, where we still have our green jerseys, our white jerseys, but have an alternate black jersey?  that's my hope anyway.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

This is ridiculous Adam Gase wearing a hat like this, if anything he should be wearing the new design to hype fans up. 

Gase's Jets made big pickups in free agency.

I don't care what hat he wears as long as he wears one and hides those googley moogley eyes!!

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I like the Jags uniforms, to me their clean and pretty simple.  I keep  hearing how terrible they are and I'm not sure why?  As simple as they are without any crazy colors etc.  I'd be thrilled with those unis

jagsunis.jpg?w=432&h=284

1st, 2nd and 4th look good; 3rd and 5th look God-awful IMHO.

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Agree those are better but problem is their main color.  Thats not a design issue, theyre all of the same design

yeah but the all blue?  it's like how I hate our all green.  but when the Jags first came out, I think they had the blue jerseys with white pants.  that looks fine.  but THAT blue with black or all blue is just bad!

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Again, I don't like that look.  But that's not the design, that's the color.  The design of the uniform, stripes etc is fine to me

Gotcha, but what I am saying is that the Jaguars never did that before.  now if our new uniforms are kelly green helmet with kelly green jersey and kelly green pants, I will not be happy!!  design, color, whatever you want to call it, I don't think it will look good.  that's why I hate the color rush games.  was so happy last year when we wore our all whites (with white face mask!) for the Lions game.  THAT looked nice IMO.

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Same here.  Remembering the last uniform change and how low key it was especially.  I get the internet and a site like this has changed the landscape but this is off the hook with all the interest and all the varying different looks, colors etc that fans want to see.

Going to be hard to come up with any kind of consensus on what people think about the uniforms, just hope that even if you dont love them but they look acceptable they dont burn Modells down

I'm trying to remember:  did they have a reveal last time in '98?  All I remember is video from my "History of the Jets" DVD of Mariucci being like star struck during our first game against the niners in '98.  "Namath!  Maynard!"  But was that the first "reveal"?  did they even wear those uniforms in preseason that year?  I know it was nothing like this, but part or me remembers being somewhat surprised, like Mariucci, when they had the 60s unis in game 1 of '98....

I was also in College at the time, so there's a lot I don't remember from those years!  ha!

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I do remember the new uniform being modeled by Adriane Murrell and someone else who I cant remember.  Always remember Murrell because he was traded after that.

There was someone else though.  It was low key though.  They showed and modeled the new uniform, didnt hand it out at the draft if I remember and didnt wear them in practice or in any of the preseason games

makes sense.  maybe my memory was a little better than I thought!

• Haha 1

Just now, Greensleeves said:

there was really not much to reveal - we went back to our old uni's with a slight color change. Hardly warranted much hoopla, except for opening day, etc. This is totally new from what we've heard. Definitely more excitement around it. Parcells wanted to go back to the old uniforms.

I hear ya, but I just remember hearing that they would have new uniforms.  and part of me remembers being surprised while watching week 1.  someone had a pic earlier in this thread of parcells with Mo, chrebet, etc at "the reveal", so there was obviously something back then.  just with no social media, etc it didn't get to the heights we have now.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I really don't care what the uniforms look like. If the Jets win while wearing them, they will be beautiful. 

I hear ya, winning should always be #1 priority, but no reason you can't look great doing it!!  I mean we have seen some AWFUL uniforms (i.e. Steelers throwbacks for an example) - imagine Jets FINALLY win a SB and we have unis like those!  I know we'll buy the SB champions stuff, but man, we will look terrible!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I think that's legit

me too.  I mean I don't know anything about photoshop, but if it is not legit, they did a REAL nice job photoshopping Sam, Jamal, Leo, etc into those things.  I hope they ARE legit, because they are friggin' NICE!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

photo shoot was before they were signed.  

that's what I have been saying to my Jets fan friends:  if you ere going to do a fake, wouldn't you have Bell front and center?

2 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Lol imagine these are fake and the real ones are just awful and we prefer these. 

that would be such a Jets thing to do!  I have been so worried that they would be awful, and yet seeing these, I really liked them!  So much better than a lot of the other garbage that people have been posting on here as potential uniforms!  At this point, I just hope these are them, and Jamal is trying to "save the reveal" tomorrow, because at least these uniforms are not awful.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Umm. NO!!!! Darnold would ALWAYS be front and center.

agree 100%, but you know Bell would be in the top 6?  come on!

21 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I just don't see why he would need to feel like he had to say anything. If this if the real leak then you would think the Jets PR would probably tell all of the players to stay quiet. They wouldn't ask the players to lie for them. 

why would he need to say anything?  why would he have any kind of social media at all?  I agree, being an older guy - nobody cares that you just took a dump in the bathroom 20 minutes ago and are going to the gym....but "these kids these days" are all into this crap and have to post about every little facet of their lives!

5 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

What is the source on this screen cap here ^^^^  because that is not what he actually said on Instagram.

Here is the original comment on Instagram that I just copied over now....close, but the wording is different...."beast" vs. "cold"....something is strange is going on here....

image.png.61f1e92905e5839c0cc08e0c8fa127b4.png

I thought that too, but I think as you said "yours" is his instagram post (beast), and the other is his twitter post (cold).  Kids these days - gotta post to ALL social media outlets!!

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company