Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

23 minutes ago, Rexorcism said:

Just saw this signed Sammy D silver Jet helmet for sale on internet. If this is the route we may be going for new unis, I like it.

IMG_7107.thumb.JPG.fa923d109b40a1c8705565f5cb5e634d.JPG

I like the grey. Not crazy about the two different greens. I'd want the facemask either white or the same shade as the logo and stripe. This is good though....

dark

• Upvote 2

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:42 PM, Gastineau Lives said:

The Jets white on white uniform is THE best in the NFL.

Hope you don't mind me fixing that for you....

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Barton said:

Real franchises dont change their logos multiple times. 

I agree with you, and it bothers me that we are one that has, and is doing it again. I admit I preferred the 80's helmet logo, and I'd like to see it on a white helmet with white facemask. However, I think the uniforms we have now are the best in the league and I wish they would leave them be. Sometimes the change works though, and can right a wrong looking uniform like when the Giants went to their new "retro" uniforms a few years ago. I hate to admit it, but they knocked it out of the park. I'm hoping we can pull off a similar old school makeover. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Larz said:

Jets just posted on insta about 

A bold new design for the modern Jets, it's going to be a dramatic change 

It's not looking like a minor tweek or change to Kelly Green 

Fingers crossed lol 

I saw that also. Not gonna lie, what I heard makes me leery, not excited.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Bingo! This isn’t just a team getting new jerseys. It’s a complete rebrand, in conjunction with Darnold, and to a certain extent Christopher Johnson.

We are currently witnessing another season of our same old Jets. They are trying to shed that image.

But let’s put aside the fandom and emotional spirit and break it down to cold hard dollars. Seats are empty. The Johnson can blame most of it on themselves for the PSL nonsense. But if this was a premier team, tickets and PSL’s would be sold out. The Jets have the QB, but their coach brings no hope or excitement. Not that Bowles’ personality would matter if we were winning...but we’re not...and haven’t ever made the playoffs with him.

This place was FILLED and ready to erupt in Week 2. Most excited I’ve seen our crowd since 2010. Bowles’ team didn’t even show up. That was it. Losing is one thing, but they no-showed again. Darnold was the best player on the field that day. It was also the last time they actually were aggressive on offense, had Darnold scramble. It was a flukey day, Robbie’s fumble, Herndon’s drop, Herndon not stretching into end zone, Pryor not stepping in front for a TD, no Pass interference call on Minkah in end zone for a would be TD. But the team slept walked the first half.

Fans knew then, same old Jets this season. Everything snowballed since then. They need a fresh start next year. Bowles is gone along with our old logos and jerseys

Agree with almost everything you said here except Darnold being the best player on the field that day. I thought his first half was horrible, easily just as bad as anyone else. He's a rookie so its one thing if people keep forgiving his ints at crucial times and absolving him of blame, but lets not lose sight of reality either.  

6 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Nike changed the color when we had Reebok uniforms the color was better. 

My fear is that this organization will do something along the lines like the Titans did and they are hideous. 

I’ve got the feeling the over 50 crowd isn’t going to be happy. But as my daughter constantly reminds me, “Dad, you’re not the target audience....”

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Legend Killa7 said:

agree 100%.  want simple?  check the giants unis.  home?  all blue.  BORING.  and don't get me started on their ugly-a$$ away uniforms.

I have always hated the giants, but as a Rangers fan, I did like their unis in the 1980s.  I mean are they "big blue" or not?  blue helms with white jerseys and red stripes, and grey pants.....geez

Jets changed unis in 1998.  what did it take the giants 1-2 years to change theirs.  such followers.  bet they change theirs in the next couple of years again...

It’s simply a generational perspective, I think. I love the retro move the Giants made. The Bills, Chargers and Pats immediately come to mind as teams which should go back to their originals also. That said, I can see why the market wants to appeal to a young persons taste. You guys are the ones more likely to spend the money on it. It’s funny how those age groupings like 18-29, 30-49, 50-64, seem more valid as you get older.

• Thumb Down 1

50 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

16kwcg7.png

Then guy in the back right. Kelly Green and Blueish Grey. Those are our new colors. Id bet on it

Could be the colors, but dont bet the ranch on it. Thatactually looks like a Nike Golf product. I have the same one I think, with my club’s logo on it. The color green was a big seller last year in golf shirts and shorts also. Forget what they call it, but it actually looks a little lighter (almost like a mint?) in person, and the grey is closer to a silverish tone. It was the color used for the swoosh on those items like hats, shorts, and shirts.

• Thumb Down 1

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 7:50 AM, Gastineau Lives said:

No one alive remembers when the Giants were the NY team and the Jets were the upstart new franchise.

AHEM!!! :welc:

• Haha 1

I have a family member who's worked for a few different sporting goods companies the last 20+ years. He started at Spalding, went to Under Armour, and is now working for another company that is officially licensed to make NFL on field apparel. Over the holidays he gave me some pre release 2019 PGA Championship stuff his company makes. I was surprised he was able to get it since he has a top job in the baseball divislon, not golf. I asked him about the Jets new uniforms. Just so you know, the company isn't Nike, but the one he works for makes product that is seen on the side lines every Sunday. He told me the new Jets products are basically top secret, and even he can't find out what they're doing. He did promise to make sure I got a "care package" on the release date. The point of the story is, none of these supposed teases, or clues you guys think might be real aren't anything but speculation. There have not, and will not be any hints given about what's to come. Not from the team, the league, or the licensed companies.  

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Another uninformed opinion.  What's next?  Going to post the 10 year old internet renderings from Google Images for the 500th time?

SAR I

Not that I agree with what the other poster said about the helmets, but why is yours the only "informed" opinion? Because you asked a question at a fan advisory meeting and read body language? You and he most likely each have a 50% chance of being correct. I said earlier in this thread I have a family member who works for a prominent apparel company which is officially licensed by the NFL. Their product is seen on the sidelines every game. If anyone is in a position to know exactly what the Jets are doing it would be him, because of the position he holds. As of late December he didn't. He has seen at least 3 possible iterations in hand though,  because even though people who do know the end result are legally bound not to release info (he won't give me the slightest hint, but has promised me a "care package" on the release date) the NFL, the Jets, and the licensed companies want to make sure no information leaks out. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Greensleeves said:

I'm sure they heard you but it doesn't mean they would actually change their opinions of a design they like because of what you said. They may make it a talking point, but if it interferes with an amazing design I hope they ignore it. I've done this for many years and the worst thing that can happen is if they compromise a great design because of too many cooks. How about you take this out, change this color and don't forget about that thing from the 80s - and oh yeah, try to combine both of these concepts if you can. Then all you get is a watered down design that appeals to no-one. The designers, especially if they work for the NFL, which I think they do, will have done lots of research on the history of the team before the designs were submitted. The Jets will be able to notice mistakes or historical things they may have overlooked. If the #14 is so bad in Jets history, have Sam change his number!

@SAR I told a cool story, but the actual design of the new uniforms had already been submitted to the NFL before the Fan Advisory meeting last July. This is a fact.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

If the schedule is similar to what teams with new head coaches did last year...they won't actually get on the field until mid-April.

Because they have a new coach, they can start the off season program 2 weeks earlier....but the program still starts with the strength and conditioning phase and not on field activities.

See this article about the Cardinals schedule last year:

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/cardinals-set-2018-offseason-schedule-20479510

April 1 for teams with new HCs. April 15 for all other teams.

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So what changes can be made up until the product is finished.  So you think the NY Jets football club allowed fans designs to determine the uniforms of this team?  In case you didn't know merchandise sales amount to a lot of profit for the organization. 

First sentence. Why would they make changes to something THEY already approved and submitted, and nobody else has seen? 

Second sentence. I have no idea why you asked me this, I never mentioned anything that would hint at it. I'm not sure if you're trying to make a point here. If you are, I'm not trying to be snarky, I just don't know what it is. Sorry.

Third sentence. Yes I've heard rumors that Merchandise sales are profitable, LOL. Trust me, Jets fans are going to buy the new stuff, even you. Despite how many times you've told us that you won't. Don't take that as a jab either. I agreed with your view on this, but lets be honest. We're fans, and we're going to buy this over priced crap just like everyone else.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Has there been an actual picture of the new unis released? I'm not reading 55 pages to find out

Yes, we 've shown the pictures of the new uniforms, and everybody loves them! But we're not going to tell you where. We're going to FORCE you to read the whole thread to find them. So there!!! 😉

• Haha 3

Just now, HelenOfTroy said:

Touchy, touchy, touchy.  Sorry my comments weren’t pimping a QB on another team, or challenging others for their positive and hopeful comments for your young players.

The coaching hires didn’t even generate 55 pages.  I found that amusing, not knocking it.

Ignore feature is wonderful, this is the last time I respond to you.

Sounds like you're the one who's "touchy, touchy, touchy," not me.  Laughter is a great medicine Helen. Try it sometime.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

They don't.

And when they get the new helmets in, before the season starts and for a new player brought in during the season, they come in with the stripes and without the logo decal.  They're put in by the equipment guy.  This isnt a guess, this is the way its done.  You're guy with inside info is totally wrong

He's right, they were showing out with the old as a metaphor, not as a hint that they're keeping the white helmets.  Another total guess.  WIth or without an imagined well placed glance 

I think 99% of us realized the helmet shipping video was a metaphor. However we have 1% here who don’t even know what a metaphor is, along with those who think Adams gave away the new color scheme when he tweeted the day he received a pair of sneakers. It’s a fools errand trying to reason with them. Best to sit back and laugh as they go back and forth amongst themselves.

• Upvote 2

This thread definitely has a place. It's a topic we all find interesting. Some like our uniforms the way they are, others would like to see something new. It's fun to see people post pictures they've seen, or come up with ideas themselves that they like. It's also fun to read people react to them pro or con. The talk of colors and logos, and how far people are and aren't willing to go is interesting, as is the refresher course we've gotten in how the uniform has evolved from the 60's. 

Where this thread veers off course is with the talk of "obvious" clues being leaked, inside information to be gleaned from photos or tweets, and the ignorance/arrogance of posters who feel they know for certain of what they speak, when its apparent to almost everyone they haven't a clue. 

So here we are, in a place we get to fairly often here. A subject which started off as interesting, and fun to talk about, has been beaten to the point where there is nothing new to say, nothing interesting or fun about it. I get its mid January, we've only got 2 more days of football left, the FA period and draft are weeks away, much less OTAs and such. But I think I've had enough of the uniform speculation, I'm just going to wait for the reveal, and the ensuing clamor for and against.

Sorry for the rant! 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Dude.. the video I am referencing is not the shoe video... the green was revealed in the OFFICIAL jets JERSEY teaser video where Jamal opens a box containing the New Jersey and flips out...

https://vimeo.com/310646230 

That's today. A few days ago it was the sneakers, correct? Either way... aagh! ](*,)

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Wait, the two absolute BEST "hints or clues".  The green that was on the banner of the ESPN broadcast, only to be completely outdone by the Jamal Adams tweet over G Williams that had the Grinch in it

Or was it that guy, third from the left and the other 1st on the right, their tops in the video of them walking to Nike HQ

You're getting warm, but you're still not there yet. This case is constantly evolving, and we now have our best clue yet. It's been right there for you since the Gase presser earlier this week. it's the..... STRIPED TIE, silly.

• Haha 2

We saw and talked about this exact uniform last week in the new uni thread. its an old mock.

8 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Has Joewilly12 chimed in yet?  No uniform discussion is complete until he says he doesn't care, even though he posts more about it than anyone on the board.

LOL. I love it when he does that. Then he gets so upset about the change, he tells us for the 100th time he wont buy it, he has enough old stuff already he will wear instead. As if we have never heard it from him before...

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, bigalbarracuda said:

Did I miss something? Do we have confirmation that the helmets are remaining white? I thought silver/green/gray/white were all in play.

He read body language at a fan fest...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I is on the NY Jets advisory committee and he's a very knowledgeable and educated poster. 

You mocking him and I like a troll is so childish. 

@SAR I

Lighten up, my friend. Just joking around. You bring a lot of fun and passion to this thread. Don't be afraid to laugh.  One thing tho. Its unmanly the way you slurp your buddy. He takes himself a little too serious at times in this thread also.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No worries at all. 

I know nothing about slurping, you though sound like a man/woman with experience. 

LMAO :D

Your day is never complete without trying to have an argument with someone on this site, is it? I've seen you do it more then anyone else, usually over nothing. I have no desire to indulge you, so as far as I'm concerned you can either let this go now, or you can have the last word. I don't have the patience @Jet Nut does to engage in back and forth with you.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

I'm getting the gist that WHITE is not considered a team color. 

So Arz would just be Red and they've added Black as an accent 3rd color only in the past 10 years I think. 

Vikings and Chiefs did the same with yellow trim, not sure exactly when though...

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Supposedly the NY Jets held a contest to determine our new uniforms.  Fans submitted drawings and that's what they chose them from under the supervision of Nike is what I had heard. Am I wrong? 

Can you show one piece of evidence that this is true? Where do you even get this stuff from? Please, please just don't answer back, "its what I heard..."

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

It is what I heard why would I lie?  

Just because you of all people don't believe I heard it, don't know what to tell you except put me on ignore i'm not going to argue with you. 

Here you go from ESPN and other news agencies 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24881867/uni-watch-delivers-winning-entries-new-york-jets-redesign-contest

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/06/fan-designs-for-the-jets-new-uniforms/

Nobody is looking to argue with you, we're replying to stuff you post. Besides, I would never put you on ignore. That blind squirrel thing you posted today was great! Honestly, I think you're just overly pessimistic about this uniform change though. Instead of getting so upset about the thought of it, why not just wait for the reveal? Then if you don't like it you'll have years to complain. Who knows, after all your hand wringing you might actually like the new design.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I heard and only read about it when I search for information which I provided. 

So are we going to argue today and your little buddy 14 can help you out. 

Not 

This post is you in a nut shell though. Throw something totally random out there. Get defensive and nasty when quoted. Then for the hundredth time say you're not going to argue. Then argue. Then put the person on ignore for a day. Then rinse, repeat, and do the same thing the next day. C'mon man, be better then that.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Nope not random that I heard this. 

Get defensive?  LOL you haven't seem me get defensive. 

So basically everything everyone posts can be questioned and scrutinized according to you. 

I listen to various sports broadcasts on the radio throughout my course of the day and read various website information pertaining to the NY Jets. 

Can you provide us with information as to who is designing the new uniforms? 

Nike.  😉

2 hours ago, Jeff "The Pick" Evans said:

This video clearly shows Chris Johnson, Neil Glatt and others at Nike headquarters discussing with Nike the new uniforms. You are ill informed and instead of actually looking into the process, you are accepting what you "heard" as facts. In reality, you didn't properly comprehend what you read and now you are spreading fake news like it's fact. Watch the video, I'm sure you will enjoy it and if you keep an open mind to new information you might actually learn something.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/one-jets-drive-creating-the-new-jets-uniforms

and.... here we go!!!! I’ve got give you credit. Your first post, and you jumped right into the octagon with a legendary figure in this thread. 🍿🍿🍿

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

It’s really not that much of an accomplishment. He was owning jw12.

Yeah but you know joe Willy won’t go quietly lol. I’m sticking around for this one...

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Here you go 

Image result for participation award pics

If anyone in this thread deserves that trophy, it's YOU, my friend! LOL. 

BTW you feeling any better? Hope you got to the doctor yesterday...

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company