Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

so no longer can teams in the NFL flip between a white helmet and a blue helmet etc.  One helmet, that’s it

Not true. The Rams have been flipping between two helmets this season. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/27/rams-get-permission-to-wear-throwbacks-five-times-this-year/amp/

1009_SPO_LDN-L-RAMS-1009-JM-21__24660663

merlin_149504622_7ce0af20-7760-4986-813b-4ab4c5b476d3-articleLarge.jpg.41e66b09069f296f6f0c829d6687e867.jpg

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

la.jpg

cr5.gif

cr4-jpg.jpg

Same helmet, different decals and facemasks.  The Jets did the same thing with the Color Rush helmets and that White Out helmet.  A change in facemask and decals makes a marked difference.

Note the importance of the throwback uniform to the Rams organization and the fans; they even requested to wear them in the Super Bowl.  After a few years in the Jets hot new modern uniforms have made their splash we will want to see them again in their '68 throwbacks and with white colored helmets a mere decal-swap and facemask-swap makes it all possible.

SAR I

You are right. My mistake. That is the same navy blue helmet the Rams are using, just with different colored horn decals. For some reason I was thinking it was a different shade of blue. I agree with you regarding the importance of the 1968 throwback helmet. 

• Post of the Week 1

I have a quick question for @SAR I. What is your personal opinion on the one shell rule, which requires teams to only use one helmet during the course of a season? For me it's pretty simple, a worn in helmet isn't going to prevent a concussion anymore than a new helmet. If what the NFL's two advisory panels say were true, then the NCAA already would have adopted the one shell rule to protect the college kids.  Also, do you think we'll see the one shell rule eliminated at the next annual league meetings? I'd love to see the one shell rule eliminated. Eventually I'd like to see the Thursday night games have not just color rush uniforms, but color rush helmets.

• Upvote 1

25% chance Jamal Adams walks down a cat walk wearing Jets new uniform with Rupaul's song, "You Better Work" pounding through everyone's chest.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

I'm trying to find obscure players, funny names, interesting facts, etc. as I try to do this countdown.

Hence #19 Dick Wood - lol  (yes, I'm a 12 year old trapped in the body of a 47 year old man)

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/uniform.cgi?number=17&team=nyj

You can find plenty of obscure players and funny names...How about David Clowney for 17.

Rich Kane/Icon Sportswire

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Yes I do and I’m not a liar. 

SAR I

@Butterfield has front row seats to SAR1 show, and you definitely have that dude/dudette  under your thumb. 😀

• Post of the Week 1

As of February 2019 each team receives $255 million annually from the league's television contracts, up 150% from $99.9 million in 2010. Under the current television contracts, which began during the 2014 season, regular season games are broadcast on five networks: CBS, Fox, NBC, ESPN, and the NFL Network.

$255 million > Jets Ticket Sales

Please!

playtowinthegame 

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So it's impossible to be a hardcore Jet fan without having a lot of money?  I'm not saying that you're not a hardcore Jet fan btw. But the idea that every STH is a better fan than those who aren't is a very big stretch IMO.

Each NFL team's revenue comes from broadcast rights, ticket sales, merchandising and licensing rights. Ticket sales are little more than a rounding error on a typical NFL team’s balance sheet. It’s TV that drives the train. Over 90 percent of self-described NFL fans have never attended a game. According to SAR only 10 percent of all NFL fans are "real" fans. That's about as false a stematenent one could make. Bottom line @SAR I is wrong, and should check himself before alienating the majority of Jets fans with his ridiculous blanket statements regarding who is a "real" Jets fan. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Odds that black is one of the primary colors in the uniform just went up.

KGB: Kelly Green & Black. 

26 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

So, unless you're from 'Sconsin, "Our" is pronounced as a 2 syllable word...

Is Our One or Two Syllables? Our is one syllable.

Why is our 1 syllable?

A syllable is the sound of a vowel that is created when pronouncing an A, E, I, O, U, or Y.

Our is pronounced: ow-r.

The O and U make one vowel sound, ow. The remaining sound is made by the R, which is not a vowel.

14 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

LOL. I'll stick with Merriam-Webster for my sourcing and not a random internet page. 

The earth is flat bitch. (5)

Do not tell me otherwise. (7)

Ignorance is bliss! (5)

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

If the new uniforms are half the abomination that this tread is, I will be thrilled.

treadlightly-white.png?fit=600,600&ssl=1

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The Earth is flat bitch? 

No.

The Earth is flat, Bitch!

Semantics is fun! 

But, but. . .our has one syllable.

D2W2M9hW0AAxhRQ.jpg:large

I think this picture is the closest thing we've had to a leak, and it most closely resembles Christopher Johnson's "pretty bad ass" comments when asked his opinion of the Jets new uniforms. It looks as if the Steelers and Jets had a baby. 

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I have a sudden urge to punch you but also to hug you. What an awful yet terrific reference.

Hold your nuts, guard your grill, cause it's hatin' season. 

27 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I've mentioned a few times I have a family member who works for an NFL apparel company. I told you it wasn't Nike. Well it's New Era.

I asked him to look at the cap shown here, and he told me he didn't have to. Even though he won't say if he's seen the new logo, colors, etc, he said the Draft Day hat was designed months ago and has nothing to do with what is coming out Thursday.

Thanks for the heads-up!

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

NY Jets delivering the new uniforms to the fans. 

Image result for knockout punch gifs

The slow mo makes it better...look at that nose and mouth move. lol

10 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

the "reveal" isnt til 730pm EST, right?

Looks like you get your reveal early. 🤫

• Haha 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company