Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

From the look of the second picture in this series, it looks like the stripe is painted on.

You can see the subtle smudge/fade in the crevasse where the paint wasn't fully applied. 

100% painted in that 2nd picture

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Green helmets are a, stupid bad idea. Green field, green backdrop, green helmets downfield. There's a reason its one of the first things Parcells asked to change

Maybe if the defense is green head to toe the QB wont be able to see them... 🤔

We might be onto something here...

Has anyone heard anything about when the new ones will be unveiled? 

Can't wait for the members of this site to have something else to be segregated over and rip each other apart for. 

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

When the smoke clears after all that we will all still be NY Jets fans. 

Winning cures all.

34 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Titans unveiled their new uniforms on April 3 at a downtown runway ceremony.  They had leaked on the social media the day before.

SAR I

So you're thinking Jets might have that timeline?

Aren't the season ticket holders supposed to be getting the inside info, SAR? Call your ticket rep and get us some info. 

BTW - you and I havent chatted but I've been on JI and JN for over a decade... Its good to see you back! 

• Upvote 1

On 2/1/2019 at 6:52 PM, joewilly12 said:

@Butterfield  GROW UP WHY NEGATIVE REP THIS POST DUDE/DUDETTE

Hate it when people do that. Throwing you a positive rep to even it out lol

• Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually they do, and I'm not a person who loves every black uniform I see.

9bbc459788840c0d8b2a439b360fcc8f--forty-

This is a really stupid, little detail but although I love black unis, I dont like the solid one color number. They remind me of high school jerseys. Would look much better with a secondary color (white) outline. 

Stupid little hang ups like this is the reason that fans will never, ever agree on a uniform. The only thing guaranteed about the new uniform is that a 3rd of this board will hate it, a 3rd will love it and a 3rd will say I dont care at all, just win. 

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Yeah, it could just be a tease or a red herring but that's the strongest evidence we've seen yet that the helmets might not be white.

They also showed all black helmets, which I doubt are ours 

1 hour ago, redlichtie said:

Thought they were more of a charcoal grey myself!

You're right. I watched very quickly earlier. Definitely were a dark matte grey

40 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

I already ordered my LEAKED Boot-Leg Nike Polo from HCMC, Vietnam of the new Jets logo and the NEW shade of Green. It's funky but I dig it:

14988-0x475.jpg

I know you joke but the "authetic" Darnold jersey I ordered from China last season for 30 bucks ended up being really great quality 😂 

There are always going to be those "real" fans that'll make fun of my knockoff that they can spot all the way from their premium season ticket seats (right @SAR I?) but frankly I could care less who can tell it's fake. I'm not in high school anymore. I proudly show it off to my friends and gloat about the $30 price tag lol. The quality is 100x better than the $99 screen printed Nike replica jerseys. 

I'm not sure how close China will be able to match the new Jerseys when they come out but if I like the new style, that's probably the route I'll go first it I'm looking to pick one up. 

Sorry, this really has nothing to do with what you're talking about and I'm sure you dont care about my China knockoff... But what the hell? its 121 page thread on uniforms, right? 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Damn right I don't!

Cry me A river! <_<

NO ONE CARES about your cheap-A$$ whining on about your personal insecurities. 

What the hell crawled up your ass? 

• Haha 1

Did you guys hear that the Jets last push to sign Bell was showing him our new uniforms? Once he saw the black or gray or orange/blue alternates he signed with us for less than what he was looking for. 

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I also prefer TV for games.  I live in NY and I pretty much never go to games.  It's a huge PITY to get back and forth to the stadium, it's cold, and it's also harder to follow along with the action.  Also, I don't really want to give our owners (who, quite frankly, I dislike) any money.  Some (many?) may disagree here but I don't think it makes me any less of a fan.  Honestly, who cares.

Absolutely. I have absolutely zero fu*king obligation to give any of my hard earned money over to the owners of this team. ZERO. And not for nothing, if the stadium they built wasnt such a sad POS, I might be more inclined to deal with the 3 hour each way trip. But they did build a POS stadium that has exactly nothing about it to entice me to go. So therefore, I am beyond happy to put my money into the best TV available and spend my sundays in front of it while sitting on my recliner. 

ADDITIONALLY, while I'm sitting in front of my TV on Sundays, I'll be smiling at the thought of the person who is sitting in their PSL seat while posting on a message board about what they supposedly spent on that seat in order to make themself feel better about the fact that, after X number of years married, they've still never been able to please their wife. Such a sad existence yet so gratifying for the rest of us 🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

No one was picking on me we were discussing the new uniforms. 

Im good now that I  You've chosen to ignore content by SAR I.

But just think of all the material you're missing out on. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Speaking Tuesday, Browns owner Dee Haslam confirmed the team will wear new uniforms in 2020.

"I think we got it right this time," Haslam said. The Browns ditched their classic look in 2015 for something straight out of the MAC conference. They were instantly unpopular with fans and have remained so since. The quick cut and run is absolutely the right call.

Good God the Browns fans have 2 years to talk about this in their thread. 

Just so happens, I know everything about the 2020 jerseys. But I'm not telling you until after they come out. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Maxman said:

That said, you have no idea what the uniforms are going to look like. So kindly stop trolling.

The first winner in the return of post of the week. 

tenor.gif

47 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Put Sar on ignore. You are going to get banned for this stuff. You should have been banned for what you posted the other day, that was way over the line.

Jet Nut and Joe Willy, do the same thing, ignore. Enough of this crap.

Will do. I apologize. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Drums said:

SAR = Incarcerated Bob. I think you're just afraid to say it because when the jerseys come out, you'll be wrong and you'll lose credibility, if you have any, since you don't actually know any more than anyone else. 

Credibility? 

😉

32 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Not only one plate, but no car inspection. Which is not the best thing in my opinion. LOL BTW if you're thinking of buying a new car, wait until after your move. SC has no state sales tax due on purchase.

I'm in N. Myrtle Beach. What area are you moving to?

7 hours ago, Jetster said:

I'm moving to SC & they only have 1 license plate so I'm waiting for the reveal to sport the newly designed Jets plate for the front of my car. 

Jetster, what area, if you dont mind me asking? I've been playing around with the idea of moving to SC for a couple years and recently kicked it into gear and started exploring the job and real estate market. 

14, what's N Myrtle beach like? I first started thinking about moving a few years ago when I went on vacation in Myrtle and loved it. I've been applying for jobs primarily in Horry County. I liked the residential areas just outside of Myrtle beach, so most of the real estate I've looked at has been in Conway. 

Are you a NY/NJ transplant? You can respond in a DM if it's easier. I'd love to get some insight from someone that lives in the area I'm looking at. Thanks! 

34 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Well if that reddit post is legit, I'm guessing this very quick tease in the Adams trailer shows what "big apple green" is

IMG_1469.PNG

Reading the description from the guy on Reddit, it sounds like it uses a version of both of those colors in that Jets logo. A dark rich "Big Apple Green" and a bright, neon almost yellowish "limelight green"

For whatever it's worth, he was also pretty dismissive of a white helmet. 

21 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Someone I know well knows someone who works for Nike.  All they got out of them was that it will be a lighter green but that was it.  

I really believe this is being kept hush hush but the way things go I bet it’s leaked Thursday an hour or two before the release.  

There will be no less than 10 leaks on April Fools to get this thread to 150-160 before the release 

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

@Jetster I don't know anything about Beaufort, but the area I'm in probably has more transplanted "yankees" then locals. Southerners drive completely different then we do. Wait until you have to deal with the suicide lane (trust me, you'll learn what it is real quickly) and the fact that they use the left lane only when they're not sure which side of the street the building they're looking for is on. For them its only used to drive slowly to be prepared to make a left turn when lost

You can always tell the ones from "down here", they do EVERYTHING slower then we do. LOL. Its annoying at first, but then you realize we're the ones always in a hurry to go no where.

Wish you many happy and healthy years down here. I'll know its you when I see the other guy wearing Jets gear on a Sunday, LOL.

@MichaelScott I was born in Brooklyn, but I grew up and lived all my life on Long Island. I moved here 8 years ago. Still go back up to the Island for a month (around Easter time) and from before Thanksgiving until after New Years to spend the Holidays with my family.

I don't know how old you are, or what type of work you do, so its hard to advise you except to say this isn't an area with a lot of industry or  high paying career opportunities, at least that's how it seems to me. Most "transplants" who move down are retirement age, looking to live more comfortably on their pensions.

Conway is more commercialized, but the 510 corridor is the only heavily congested traffic area I know of down here. I'd look to avoid it if you're buying real estate. I'd recommend anywhere off 17 from the Calabash/Little River area down to Pawleys Island.  I'm actually considering a move to Pawleys, it reminds me of the East End of Long Island.

Thanks 14! I'm in my early 30's. I was born on Long Island and have lived here all my life. I'm done with school for awhile and I'm pretty established in my career but I'm at that phase of my life where I just dont think I want to put down more permanent roots on LI. Or at least roots I'm stuck with for the next 30+ years. We don't have kids yet and like more and more of the people I went grew up with, we are leaning towards relocating before we have kids versus after we retire. I've already done a good amount of research as far as relocating my career goes. I'm a Psychologist and there are definitely job opportunities in my specific field in that general area. I was surprised to find out that the drop in pay wasnt nearly as significant as what I thought. What I'm looking at saving in housing and cost of living is significantly more than what I would lose in annual salary. 

How are you liking it since you moved? Would you suggest me looking into N Myrtle? Any other residential areas in that general vicinity?

1 hour ago, Hackenberg said:

Plenty wrong with that. It's' the color of toys for 5 year olds. Or like that  stupid seahawks alternate  a few years ago. It's  the color of 80s Dolphin shorts at Wham concerts. It's not a manly uniform color lol

Just curious, what makes the Oregon green gay?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hackenberg said:

You quoted the explanation. :)

You still didn't answer. What makes.the color gay? 

6 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

The whole NYC vibe with skyscrapers, Big Apple Green, Limelight Green, etc sounds exactly like what the Johnsons would sign off on. The poster who wrote that also mentioned how it was a representation of a team no longer looking to play 2nd fiddle. I expect what this poster wrote to be accurate, including the NY on the helmets.

Yankees, Mets, Giants, Knicks, Jets all have some variation of “NY” in one of their logos or  on their hats, helmets, uniforms. This whole re brand is part of the Jets looking to overtake the Giants as the football team of New York. The “bold NY” is another example of this. They want to make their NY the one that pops out in the public’s minds.

Our current logo has NY but its covered by JETS. This will be NY without any cover. The uniforms will show the NYC angle and the press release is going to push this mentality as the Jets being New York’s team. 

Now only if we can win some Lombardi’s...to go along with this new brand.

Completely agree on all counts. I know it's another anonymous person on Reddit but what he has said and the way he says it lends me to believe that he might actually have some access to unreleased material and information. Unlike our "insiders"

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SteveP40 said:

I won a ticket to the Event on Thursday this morning through the Jets Rewards program. Only 25 Jets Rewards Winners will be there along with the media. The rep who called was very secretive with any of the details and just recommended that I wear green or black. No merchandise will be available for purchase and goodie bags will be handed out during exit from the event. 

Congrats! Please post some pics of the event if you can 

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company