Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

There's no doubt some part of the fan base will be unhappy with the new Uni's.  I personally think any change will be an improvement and will be ok with what Nike comes up with.  Some think it's only going to be a tweak but the video does clearly say it will be very different.  Whatever it will be should be welcomed as a part of a new era in the franchise.

On 2/4/2019 at 12:44 AM, SAR I said:

891-CB32-D-D963-43-CA-A078-A839176-DFB03

Sam Darnold was on Stephen Colbert last night and the Jets PR department made sure that players were shown wearing their white helmets, another confirmation of our helmet direction for 2019.

SAR I

They could certainly be white but i'm pretty sure the Jets aren't that smart or clever enough to purposely drop hints or clues for fans.

On 2/7/2019 at 10:09 AM, nico002 said:

My friends brother works with the Jets and he just saw the uniforms. Can confirm that the helmet is NOT white. He would not say what color it was. Sorry SAR. 

Not that surprised if this is true.  I didn't think the Jets were giving us hints.  Not much reaction to this.  No one believes you?  Haha.  Can you or he confirm if the recent "leaks" are legit?

11 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Someone on sportslogos.net was able to get this still from one of the videos the jets released.  It was on the table during a meeting.  A slightly different jets logo, different shade of green and it appears to say 2019 branding.  This doesn’t scream bold to me though.  But who knows...

05683719-FC1A-430C-92D6-02347A2B734C.png

After re watching that video, i didn't see any scenes that showed this as clearly as this still.  Looks like New York is spelled out over the Jets with a small football below that.  That would be all new but not thrilled with that if it's going on the helmet.

23 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Memphis' helmets are sweet:

MemphisExpress.jpg

Crazy how they have a better logo than us already.

This does look cool.  Much easier when you're not tied down by "tradition".  Odd logo though.  What does a jet plane have to do with Express?  Unless it represents Fedex Express.

Do some people here really believe that the new Jets uniforms will not mainly be some shade of green?

• Upvote 1

The best way to come up with the new uniform was to have Nike design 3 options and have fans vote.  That way, they ensure the majority of the fans will like it.

Don't think this new video left any clues.  They obviously make helmets for many teams from all levels so you can't assume they were only working on Jet helmets. And i don't think you get matte helmets by buffing them matte.  That's how you prep them for a re-paint.   That last scene only showed the current helmet with the current logo removed.  Simply indicating something new is coming.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

The clue is in the editing. The sequence signposts very clearly the white helmets heading into the ‘paint’ area, the next shot is a cutaway, semmingky randomly, of a batch of charcoal grey helmets....make of that what you will but professional VT editors don’t chuck those shots in at random, especially not in well produced ‘teaser’.

my god I can;t believe i’m actually forensically dissecting the meaning and nuance of this. Can we just fast-forward to the reveal already!

I did see that they showed the helmets on the belt about to be painted indicating that they won't simply swap in a new decal on our current white helmets.  It was mentioned that the gray helmets they showed were kid's helmets.  Just filling space in the video or a hint?  Who knows.  I just don't believe the organization is spending that much time trying to drop hints or misdirect us into thinking what the uni's will be.

Keep in mind that our base color is green, not white.  Unless we're talking about our away uni's.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Because I couldn't find the answer online I just called three NFL helmet manufacturers to get some answers to your questions about reconditioning and found out something about the Jets helmets I am definitely not supposed to know or speak about.  So I'm not going to.

As for the original question, I was told that at a player's discretion he can either a) keep his headgear as a souvenir, b) donate it to charity, or c) submit it to the original manufacturer or a certified reconditioning service and re-use the helmet for as many years as he likes or its labeled expiration date whichever comes first.  A decent percentage of NFL players choose this option.

I am not going to discuss helmets from this point forward.

Thanks.

SAR I

Can you say if you were right or wrong?

My final opinion on the helmets after re thinking it.  If we assume that the helmets they showed being shipped back to Riddell are being refurbished, then they will probably be white.  I don't believe they would paint a different color on a helmet whose base color is white.  Meaning the plastic or polycarbonate is white.  If the helmets were shipped back as a possible trade-in, then we will have an all new helmet with any color possible.  An all new helmet would be more in-line with the quotes from the new uni's video.  "Next Generation", "Bold Dramatic Change", "Creating Something New". "Modern Jets Brand", "Forward Thinking" and "Can't remember the Jets making a change anything like this".

10 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Saw this picture on the Jets homepage today. Is it me or is this photo shopped with a different shade of green?

image.png.67f48f4bbebb03ce82e3c306b4463af4.png

It's last years color rush uni. It was worn on 3 games.  The Vikings being one.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Yes Joe. I can confirm those are the new uniforms. Hope you like them...

Can i ask how you can confirm they are legit?  Not that i mind these.

31 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

It looks EXACTLY like the Eagles uniform.

Even the helmet looks like wings if you're not looking closely.

There's no way that's the jersey.

They want something that's their own.

If this is true, many will be unhappy.  I'm ok with it if it is the new ones.  You can't please everyone.

images.jpg

eagles_jerseys_medium.jpg

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

No,I don't think we're in any trouble at all. We're just fans. I'm more concerned that Jet Nation, or whatever its called might get in some type of trouble for showing the pics.

Which pic? This?? 

IMG_0529.JPG

Kinda premature on his part.  Thats if the green represented the Jets.  He might not even be on the team this season. 

10 minutes ago, slats said:

The only thing I learned from this post is that Robby Anderson isn't one of those "smart with their money" guys. 

That looks like a Jaguar XF.  It's actually well within his income.  Depending on how much he spent "hooking" it up.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I also now think that this is the new green...a little lighter then the current green...but not quite the green from the 80s/90s, much closer to the color rush green.

These are taken from the one Jets drive promo where CJ is sitting in a Nike board room.  Notice the presentation sitting on the conference room desk in front of everyone....underneath the Jets logo it has the same stripe that you see in the "Take Flight" and in the date on the release date video:

image.png.28d98e9826a81d450efee395d65be7c3.pngimage.png.b0a73725e995067b28421a645c23dc57.png 

image.png.28df70b1e40960141b19a84e7321db15.png

I guess that stripe represents a jet wing?

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

Can someone change the thread title so we don't get someone asking on page 112 when the Jets will finally unveil the new unis?

As for this video....if that really was the new unis I see:

Nike Swoosh at the top of the shoulders:

image.png.8e82a35bc4cc9aceb41a9b3b361d6ee2.png

Don't think the helmet is matte...too much of reflection I think for a matte finish:

image.png.db75667c96139ca36035337b86ee9521.png

Upon further review, I don't think this is either stripes or numbers on the top of the shoulders:

image.png.c65f6ea84ec017c818ba3988839efabc.png

image.png.931c29739027ddf40a4e2617aa101c96.png

Both the date and the take flight are in the same font...likely the new font for the logo and numbers:

image.png.60d8b839568548778e2b5ee656c8b9b4.png

image.png.28df70b1e40960141b19a84e7321db15.png

So the player in the video is most likely wearing the new unis.  Nothing we have currently looks like those details.  I still think the helmet might be mattish.  It will still have some reflection with a bright light on it.

4 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Another check mark for black uni's?  There goes that wing thingie again.

Could become a base color?  If you think this flier is a clue, it has our current shade of green fading to black.  I'd be ok with black with green accents.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It's the same same font they've been using for years.

This seems correct.  I just looked at their web site and it is the same font.  So it's probably no indication of what font will be used on the uni's.

Costello: The Jets announced they would unveil their new uniforms on April 4. I spoke with two people who have seen them. One said they reminded them of the Eagles’ uniforms. Another said one of the alternate uniforms has black as the predominant color.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Costello: The Jets announced they would unveil their new uniforms on April 4. I spoke with two people who have seen them. One said they reminded them of the Eagles’ uniforms. Another said one of the alternate uniforms has black as the predominant color.

Comes back to this.  The only one that everyone says looks like the Eagles' unis.  Maybe an early mock since it doesn't have the new wing "triangle" anywhere on it? Everything they've shown could also be a smokescreen.

F42E1AE2-32D4-4668-9613-C8452CCBF881.jpeg

BC5CBEDA-795E-4C3C-B627-A7B3F20F5194.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

D8E41390-DD2B-41A8-9B2D-55858EF20AB1.jpeg

Try one with the "wings" more narrow like the ones they showed and facing the opposite direction connecting in the front.  Like the Eagles' wings.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1

It's obvious that people will complain about the new uniforms regardless of how they look.  It's subjective.  I'm sure we'll have a vote after they are revealed.  If more than half of the fans like it, it's a win.

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

jeyuni(1).thumb.jpg.6174f87beecb01f1974733796efdaf0c.jpg

The other full body shots do have the Nike logo in white.

CC476AF6-03FA-489F-83E0-74241A80A61A.jpeg

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Vader said:

logo visible? seen on helmet side where contrasting design is seen, halfway down, the bright horizontal line.

looks like a darker helmet and lighter color logo, white? 

helmet looks matte to me.1256531058_ScreenShot2019-03-05at2_43_01PM.thumb.png.2538cb78f8b4f39171e90b0f5a249498.png

Am I imagining things or do I faintly see the new stripe/ wing/ triangle inside that logo when zooming in??

7 hours ago, Vader said:

logo visible? seen on helmet side where contrasting design is seen, halfway down, the bright horizontal line.

looks like a darker helmet and lighter color logo, white? 

helmet looks matte to me.1256531058_ScreenShot2019-03-05at2_43_01PM.thumb.png.2538cb78f8b4f39171e90b0f5a249498.png

Similar to this! That could be the vertical stripe I see when I zoom in.  From the tail!

691FC8D3-8CE1-4FA4-961C-44F62163E4B1.jpeg

• Haha 2

This is the rumored leak.  The player (Williams) in the video is looking straight.  If you look at the leaked one straight ahead, it would be similar.  I'm surprised no one else thinks it could be it.  

28 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Star-Wars-Black-Series-Kylo-Ren-Voice-Changing-Helmet.jpg

I didn't think it was going to black, haha.  I made the pic B&W like the video.  It's green!

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You dont see it?  How, the new logo is clear to anyone with eyes!  LOL

Ok, who wants to place a friendly wager?  I say the helmets will look similar to the leaked green ones.  Let's put our money where our mouth's are...so to speak.  

21 minutes ago, teptep said:

Return of a wordmark concept for the helmet?  The tip of the wedge/concord plane up top?  Is the diagonal line actually the space between an interlocking "J" and "E" ?

j-word.jpg

Possible but that wouldn't be in line with the "creating something new" quotes.  I still kinda think it's the vertical wing on each side making it more "Eagle like".

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I'll bet anything that 1.  That logo had nothing to do with the new logo anymore than whatever that marking in the chest of those green uniforms have to do with us.  2.  That no one sees all the things you've imagined you see in that purposely dark teaser.  

That you actually think you saw enough to bet on it is comical.  

I'm not basing it entirely on this vague video.  Just whatever clues were out there.  Like I mentioned earlier.  My guess is that it will be like the leaked green helmet.  With a vertical wing on each side connecting through the front.  Obviously I'm not sure of it but willing to make it interesting.  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company