Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

Getting more and more comfortable with them.

They are never going to make me forget the Parcells era reboot, but I can live with them.  

9 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Peace Frog, you are exactly what this thread needs right now. No sarcasm, thank you. 

That's a tad sad but anything I can do to help out.  I've only been here for a week so I haven't read more than a few pages of the thread and I can't tell who loves them, who hates them, who is proud of them or who is embarrassed by them.

Listen, if folks want to hate the new unis that's their prerogative.  I was ready to absofreakinglutely hate them.  Thought they were going to be a black and lime green version of the Titans or some idiotic Nike version of the Oregon million combos.

They're growing on me.  I'm a white helmet dark green Parcells era uni lover but these uni's, I'm kind of liking.  They are not nearly as bad  as I feared and could have been much much worse.

I think the green is perfect and the metallic green helmets look great.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Despite what some here may say, I actually agree with you 100%. I just don't like the logo, other than that, we're good. 

Eh, I can live with the logo.  The logo has never been that big of a thing for me--the logo of the 69 champs and the Parcells reboot was not the thing that drew me to the unis, it was the white helmet, the pure green and white and the shoulder patches with the opposite colored numerals.  If I closed my eyes I don't think I could have drawn that logo so it wasn't iconic like the Cowboy star or Bear C or Packer G or the like.  

I don't buy or wear hats or logo covered swag so for me it's irrelevant.  

The fact that it's on a beautiful green metallic helmet is what makes it for me--notwithstanding my love of the old white helmet.  The logo? I can live with it.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'm not the one that's going to be filled with disappointment and regret every time I see the new uniforms on the field for the next 30 years.

This.  I'm not going to be cringing every time the Jets take the field over the next decade plus.  

They could have REALLY screwed this up to the extent where I would have vomitted/laughed every time I saw them.

That's not the case.  I'll bet by this time in June I'll actually be loving them.  Well, not the black ones but every other combo.  And I'll probably grudgingly end up liking the black ones too.  But they were so unnecessary.  

Considering the abortion I was expecting, I'm very relieved.  Yeah.  Not bad, Jets.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Not that anyone should care. 

But I now like the logo. 

I get you can hate it, not like it, be meh. 

But it’s grown on me. Especially on that helmet. 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the logo and it could have been so so so much worse.

Its actually pretty good.

There  I said it. So sue me.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, slats said:

"It could've been worse," is probably the best I can do. 

The helmet color/finish is far and away the best part of the new duds, the logo is a dud. The rest of the uniform is just the green/white/black version of the generic NFL outfit. In fact, nothing is more generic than using black, the most common uniform color in the league. 

yc9GwCPPwJ39_hvKtVBBBaMYMMtZKlEuiWJOEmyt 

The Jets become the 12th team to use black. Yay! So clever and inspired! 

Yup. The black was just so unnecessary. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/11/2019 at 3:21 PM, SAR I said:

-4565459535801810327.jpg

Yes.

Conveniently, this is one of two vintage Jets jackets I've kept over the years, a day after I got it I wore it to the game where Dennis Byrd got hurt and what I remember is that during that play stoppage a guy leaned into me and got chili onto one of the white sleeves and I had to run up the steps and get to the bathroom to put some soapy water on it before it stained permanently.  Thankfully, the cleaning went well, you couldn't tell what happened there.

SAR I

I had that jacket and my brother had the exact same one but thre green version. I eventually gave him my black one  

Probably the last article of Jet gear I bought. 

Great looking half zips. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I have one as well.  At work now, but if he doesn't post anything, I'll see if I can tonight.  it is a strange feel, as he says:  I have purchased many jerseys through the years, but this does not "feel" like a jersey.  not a mesh feel, but almost like a cotton?  very soft, very comfortable, but just....different.  not sure how I feel about it yet.  but the detail is VERY nice!  the stiching, the vibrant green coloring (which was my concern), even the NFL logo kind of "pops" out!  

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Larz said:

So I made the homescreen on my phone this pic 

Its helping 

4D5FB951-04B9-4EF9-BAFA-ED82A0525D8E.jpeg

Gotta say the logo has grown on me but the helmet is just f*cking gorgeous. 

And I loved the white helmets but hot dang that color and finish is beautiful. 

Well done, Jets. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The green is nice but I absolutely prefer a white helmet.  I wish the one we have at least had a white stripe down the center.  Also the black jerseys with the dark shade of green don't have much contrast.  And the idiotic shoulder stripe was unforgivable.  

If the stupid shoulder stripe was instead the current shoulder patch with the alternate green/white numerals it would have been a home run. 

On 4/20/2019 at 7:11 PM, SAR I said:

51-D3-ED77-48-B5-45-E5-A7-CB-362-D73074-

Overrated, but still the greatest Jet to wear the uniform.  

SAR I

I'm going out on a limb here but that looks to be photoshopped.  

If Tony Pauline is right and the entire franchise needs a total cleansing, does that mean the new uni's are getting fired and we're getting even NEWER unis?

Just when I was getting used to them.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/29/2019 at 12:17 AM, Hackenberg said:

$350, jeez, what a joke. 

But free shipping. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

CF4-C3-C9-D-27-E1-4-DF3-BE5-A-B480-E62-A

A9-EE96-D2-4-F60-4047-A76-D-57222-E19-B0

A94-B3205-E78-B-4800-84-A9-2-FA7-D31-E94

89494976-5-BFE-4318-A588-419457-DEA22-D.

38251754-562-C-467-B-8724-45-EA6-C888-B5

3-BF90-D25-AF19-4832-9-B0-E-3-B12-A0-BE8

Quality.

SAR I

The black is growing on me but still third place after the white and the green.  

When they roll them out for the night game against the Browns or the Pats will when I will finally allow them into my consciousness.  

53 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

What color shorts will you all be wearing?  

Green jersey ______________ shorts. 

Black jersey_______________ shorts. 

White jersey_______________shorts. 

Khaki

Khaki

Khaki

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

Can you cut the sleeve elastic? Darnolds jerseys don’t have elastic on on the sleeves 

You can’t cut it. 

Its not elastic. 

Its Unobtanium. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Image result for new york jets new uniform pics

Ah yeah. I originally liked them but they’re really growing on me and I’m starting to love them. 

I think the whites are really nice and the greens are pretty sweet. 

I may need to see the blacks in game action. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Ucontext.jpg

The Jets have the nicest modern uniform in the NFL.  I'm very proud of the accomplishment.

SAR I

As much as the new Unis have grown on me and I legitimately now really like them, the Chargers are going back to their sky blue uniforms and I personally think they are the nicest uniforms in the NFL. 

Not a modern redo so your point stands but they are gorgeous. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

What, after 250 pages of posts, nobody is hyped about the debut of the new uniforms in two hours?

I think some folks still have their noses bent out of shape. 

About the logo. 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Not all white.  

Thanks to that damn green helmet they'll never be all white again.

Stop. 

I’m a white helmet guy but those new helmets are gorgeous. 

2 hours ago, slats said:

Total and complete ripoff of the finish on the jints helmets. 

But, whatever...

The Giants didn’t have the metallic blue until recently (I mean, from not in back in the day). 

They had 2 choices. White which they decided to move away from-which crushed me because I loved them- or Green and they picked a gorgeous color and finish. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company