Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

What will be, will be.

I prefer the 80's logo to the 60's (and 90's variant) logos personally.

I'll never understand the hate of it, because lets be honest, apart form the one Super Bowl, it's not like we won so much more in the 60's/70's or 90's/00's/10's to call one logo trash and the other something else.  JMO. 

But if we get a completely new logo, c'est la vie.  We're the Jets, a Jet-shaped or Fighter-plane-shaped logo might be ok tbqh.

Time marches on.  Change is inevitable.  All one can do is deal with it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Nike is most likely furious.  No way in hell do I buy one of the current ones knowing that next year it changes.  Oh boy the Jets marketing staff is so short-sighted.

Till you realize that one of the biggest drivers of sales is presumed rarity/end of availability, and that all the fans of THIS gear will run out and buy it up now while it's still available.

That, and that 95% of the "fans" are casual and will simply buy now never knowing something new is coming, no matter how many leaks or pressers there are.

TLDR:  Nike will be fine.  Lol.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

In all seriousness, what's wrong with the current uniform? The all white is one of the best in sports.

Market saturation and age.

At this point, the majority of mainstream market (i.e. non-obsessive fanatics) folks who will buy, have bought. 

Without external influence, they will not buy again for some time, if ever.  The same uniform (or close enough) has been in-service for so long, that the majority of potential buyers is now quite small, comparatively.

A Uniform refresh, especially with a logo change as well, will generally result in a major increase in sales of merch, as both casuals and die-hards buy up the new stuff, and classicists buy up whats left of the old stuff before it's gone, thus providing a bump in revenues for the franchise, with increased sales for at least a few years from that point.  

After a few years, you're back to normal, market saturated.  And if the new stuff isn't popular, you still own the old log/uniform rights, and can easily go back, going through the bump process all over again.

The NFL is a business, remember, and sales of merch a big thing.

Occasional changes is a part of that, a part we've seemingly ignored/been immune to having for much longer than most.   

P.S. Our uniforms are not, by any objective metric, anywhere near "the best in sports".  There are polls on this every so often, and we never come close to finishing in the elite top tiers.  And the most vital poll, sales, is another metric we don;t rank near the top in either.  We fans may like it (or not), but the general sports fan public does not hold it in anything close to the high regard a portion of our fanbase does.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

The uniforms were like the only thing you could be okay with as a fan of this team.  Everything else gives you agita, at least we didn't have to stress out over being dressed stupidly, since 1998 at least we looked good.

I just know they are going to screw this up.  Nike, the team, we're going to wind up looking stupid like the Browns, I can feel it.  For the next 20 years we are going to look awful.

SAR I

Let's be honest SAR, you're not the market the team (or any marketer) cares about.

You may impress some folks with your talk of all your wealth, but you're old, and white, and utterly irrelevant to pretty much any form of marketing at this point in what remains of your life.

18-25, multi-ethnic, men and women, is where the future (and profit) lies.  

You and I can shake our canes at clouds all we want, it won't change the future nor our own marketing irrelevance.

In before:  But, but, but, I have money!  I MATTER!  Lol.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

People buy the name on the back of the jersey and there are new guys every season. I'd imagine Darnold has spiked sales. Drafting nose tackles every season isnt exactly good for merch business.

Stars drive sales too, no question.  And we've clearly lacked those.

But a Uniform/Logo refresh or change is the big ticket in merch sales.  Nothing else comes close.

The only folks who don't need it are those truly elite uni/logo teams that either can't due to history, and/or don;t need to because they're already elite-tier sellers.  We are not them.

Just now, Jetster said:

It's kinda of funny that a big selling Jersey was a center, lol! MANGOLD, I move the ball from the ground to the crack of my azz. Jets really do need to finally find the freaking offensive playmakers for Darnold. 

His was the last Jets Jersey I bought.  No one on the current roster inspires me to make a new purchase (yet).

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets have a clean classic look that makes the franchise look better and more professional than they actually are. The Colts essentially have the same uniform as the Jets besides the obvious blue vs green and Horseshoe logo. No reason to change the simple clean look for the sake of it. Draft better players and score more touchdowns and sales will spike. The Bucs, Falcons, Titans etc all look absurd.

You can love it as much as you like, it won't change the reality. 

It's not amongst the strongest sellers in the NFL, much less all of sports, it's not associated with any meaningful success since about the same time as the Beatles released Abbey Road, and it's been basically the same for over 20 years now.

If sales matter to the team, they'll change it (and the logo) to something new, with a more modern look that appeals to millennials, women and a more diverse population, while attempting to retain enough to please the old folks home fans (i.e. most of us).

With that said, I expect at most a waffling "change" that doesn't really do much but touch the edges, same as the other "changes" we've had since the 60's look was reintroduced.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

You are thinking small-mindedly.  This isn't about jersey sales.  It's about team identity. 

SAR I

Lol, sooooooo old, you are.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I wish they would put more energy and emphasis into winning. 

Do you think the players and coaches also work in the marketing department?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SnackExchange said:

Change the culture, not the clothes. 

Why not do both?

If the clothes don;t drive the culture, or the success, then whats the harm in changing the clothes once in a while?

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

This with 80s/90s Jets logo & only used as alternate 👍

20180905_113807.jpg

Dear lord, outline thoise green numbers in white ffs.  Green on Black without a light/white border color is an absolutely trashwreck of design failure.

I can live with almost anything, but this, THIS IS MUH TRIGGER!!!!  SO TRIGGERED!  REEEEEEEEE!!!!!

(No, seriously, border white outline round them numbers please, kthankx).

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Different sport obviously, but black and green can work.

7b83b825cfe70ab302933bb089ce1bea.jpeg

Exactly.  Do that White-Outline to this:

20180905_113807.jpg

And then lets see how it looks.  Not a fan of Black Uni's personally, but if we're going that route, needs that white-outline.

P.S. I know half the fanbase will go into cardiac arrest if we go away from being predominantly-white in our uniforms.   To alot of folks, the ultimate Jets Uni is the classic 80% white, 20% green Classic/Parcells white-top+white-pants+little green accents and logo style. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

I can’t see them getting rid of green and white as the main color scheme. I mean the team is called gang green. 

I would be pretty surprised if green just ended being an accent color and black was the main. 

Green is just an accent color now, we really should be called Gang-White.

There are white uniforms, not green uniforms:

ZfYhBln.jpg

10 hours ago, SnackExchange said:

Because the clothes are the identity. Because the uniform, is the one thing this franchise has gotten right. Because the one time this team did change, it was awful, and the next time they do, it will be awful. Because this "let's add black", is so hack. If the organization had been run well for the last five decades, our uniforms would be one of the most popular and highly regarded. It's beautiful. 

Players come and go, it's the laundry we root for.

Better get used to the possibility the laundry will be different.

Also, the classic uniform is vastly overrated.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, peebag said:

What do you want to see in a uniform?

Personally, or in general terms?

Personally, I want to see a shade of green I like as the primary color (not white, as with the current uniforms).

Personally, I want to see a new logo, and I'm not a fan of the 60's/Parcells Era Logo, it's boring and uninspired.

Personally, I'd like to see the franchise stop living in 1969, simply wearing a variation of that Uni won't win Super Bowls.

Personally, I do not want to see black at all.

In General terms, all that really matters is that most fans like it, and it sells as much as possible to provide revenue for the team, because the NFL is a business.

As I've said for ages, I LOVE the 80's era Uniforms, and have long wanted to see us wear them as a once-a-year throwback.  But I don't expect that I'll be any happier than you all with whatever designs we get.  Odds are it won't be much of a redesign tbqh.  Just minor sh*t people will still freak out over (a la pickle pants, heaven forbid we wear more green).

Odds are, we'll still be Gang White long into the future.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SnackExchange said:

Wearing a variation of any uniform, won't win you Super Bowls.

We've established that.  

Stocking the offices with smart, talented, creative people, goes a long way towards that goal.

Obviously.

Personally, I would love the Jets to hint at changes to their scouting department, not black jerseys because it's what will get the kids excited.

Because the Scouts decide what the Uniforms look like?

Here is a hint, scouts scout, marketing people market.  

And if we change the uni's, it's pure, distilled capitalist marketing behind it.

Surrounding Darnold with talent, will get us where we want to go.

Obviously.

I get that you aren't crazy about the current design, but look at every new uniform design in the Nike era, and tell me which one of those you like. Maybe they'll have JETS down the side of the pant, or a really hip oversized logo on the helmet. Ooh, maybe they'll do something really jazzy to perk up those old boring numerals.

old.jpg

I'm sure you hate all the music put out after 1978 too.  

Look, I get ya, but it's not about old folks or folks who like old folks things.

If Marketing thinks it'll sell more swag to the kids today, or women, or whatever market they want to exploit, then that's what they'll do.

My explaining it does not = me supporting it, per se.  But it's silly to object to it.

The Raiders, Steelers, and Cowboys are living in the past. Classic uniforms, historic franchises.

Three of the most boring uniforms in the NFL, and without their dozens of Super Bowls, they'd have been materially changed by now too (and if fact, I'm pretty sure the Cowboys have changed in a number of less material ways over the years).

Make you a deal, after the Jets win 6 super Bols in their "Gang White" uniforms, I'll happily stand at your shoulder to shake my fist at clouds too.

Till then, I and you will just have to accept what Jets Marketing decides and hope it's not too sh*t.

19 hours ago, jetrider said:

Plus white shoes. A heartfelt salute to Namath and SB III. They looked too cool to not win last night.

Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 1.44.00 PM.png

This will make an excellent once-a-year "Color Rush" for Gang White. :-k

21 hours ago, DMan77 said:

I have so little artistic skill that it's even hard for me to imagine what something could look like...

But whenever I hear about uniform designs and changes my mind is always pulled to paint swatches that you can browse at a hardware store.

So when I think of "Jets" green, how far am I willing to go off the current color?

I think out of this limited selection I'd be okay with Kelly, Emerald, Forest, Jade - ish colors

Harlequin is too bright... Hunter is too dark... Fern is too dull.. Pine is too bluw.

Related image

In before Army Green and Olive Uniforms, lol.

Also Teal and Turquoise are Blue, not Green.  Disagree, fight me in the real! LOL.

56 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

Haha, I agree with that... My first picture there really ran the spectrum.

Here's another with more green-ish hues, I think... Less blues and yellows and neons. Outside of chartreuse and lime. 

Image result for green color spectrum

Pickle-Pastachio Uniforms FTW!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Am I the ONLY ONE who thunks that of the Flags the Jets passed out yesterday -bright (non-Kelly , almost lime) green - were a preview of next year's color scheme for the uniform change?

They ALWAYS - since 2012 - gave out DARK green and White flags for fans, these were UGLY 2005 Seahawks Green flags that I was not too partial to.  

Was exactly what I though, even mentioning it to my wife.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, slats said:

If this is what they do, it's not worth doing.

I agree, just not for the reasons you cite.

3 hours ago, slats said:

Jets don't need to throwback to the 80s-90s logo.

Says you. 

Others clearly feel differently, and those others are in the maximum-cash-to-blow Adult Manchild Demographic marketers love.

3 hours ago, slats said:

It's not like that was a successful era for the franchise.

As opposed to all the Super Bowls we won in the 70's, or since they changed it back to the 60's style?  

Success isn't about the Uniform, it's about the Organization.  

3 hours ago, slats said:

If they're going to change the logo, come up with something brand new.

I agree.

3 hours ago, slats said:

I'd prefer a couple different shades of green to anything involving black or gray. Those are lazy, uninspired choices. And also, while the Jets have a lifetime winning percentage of just .453, it dropped to .351 when they added black. What's the nostalgia there? 

I agree, no black.

If this is the best they can do, I would say "don't bother" and just stick with the current Uni's with a once-a-year 80's Kelly Green + Logo Throwback game.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Stark said:

NYJets.jpg

Could be alot worse.  I could live with this.

80's logo (sort of, close enough) and cool effect on the numbers and shoulders.

The jersey to pants transition looks a bit odd tho, no belt, the image makes it look like a 2-color unitard tbqh, lol.

On 9/20/2018 at 7:07 AM, slats said:

Memphis Express

Memphis Express of the AAF with a better airplane logo than the Jets' dopey 80s logo. 

Dear Lord, are you for real?  That's horrible.  If you like that, maybe you're better off as a Patriots fan....

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Hey guys, we're going to have new uniforms next year, huh? Ain't that somethin! Let's talk about this. I hope they're nice and green!

Alright!  Step up and pick some Green!

63821652.jpg&key=f8ba45b5b3d1ec8a328f6f4

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Mint or Seafood for the way we play. 

:-k

:blink:

🐟

There is a very small part of my soul that secretly hopes the Jets pull out an all-time bad (to my tastes) new Uniform/Logo, and thus frees me from this lifelong curse for good.

I root for the laundry.  When I was a wee lad, I liked the Jets because they were green (my favorite color), not blue (which was meh to my 5-6 year old mind).

If the Jets do some garash modern urban style black uniform a la the Darnold jersey above, given my current mental state re: the Jets it might just be the final straw for me.  I would no longer desire to root for that laundry.  

A small part of me hopes for that.  Which says a damn lot, tbqh. ☹️

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

This. The Jets have a top-five uniform in the NFL, but a top-five uniform doesn't make Woody money the way a brand spanking new Arena League uniform will. 

On the flip side, at least an Arena League Uniform would properly put the Jets Franchise in it's proper frame of reference, quality-wise.

I'm feeling my paradigm being shifted as we speak watching that clip.  

20 minutes ago, slats said:

Even the bad teams in the Arena League score points. 

Fair point, tbh.

4 minutes ago, Squirt said:

New uniforms are the last thing this organization needs! How about a new owner who cares and wants to win SB's! Also great NFL talent evaluator's, GM, HC, Coaching Assistants, trainer, and most of all upper management! Uniforms won't help this franchise!

But will they hurt it?

Will the franchise make more money with new uniforms and maybe a new logo?

Try and remember that the NFL is a business first.  

26 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Im all about the current Jets emblem. 

Not this crap. 

Image result for nfl shop jets hats

That's horrible all the way round, the logo is especially bad, but the green+grey is horrible.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

I agree and I fear the worst is coming. 

To be fair, why we expect anything else?

This organization hasn't done anything right, certainly not for a long term, for the majority of it's existence.

I don't expect them to get this right either.

• Upvote 2

I'm amazed how many seem to like the "Green and Grey" idea. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, of course, but I find that combo to be a horrorshow of muddy bleh.  That sweatshirt if hideous, as is every concept drawing I've seen of green+grey as the two primary colors.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

I just received a gift from the Jets, signed mini-helmets because my season ticket account reached 'end-zone' level. What I find interesting is the helmets are grey. It's the current design, but it's grey, not white. Don't know if that is a hint of whats to come.

Pics?

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company