Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

4 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

IMG_1858.JPG

Reverse the colors and get rid of the skyline.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NYDreamer said:

Nope, my buddy and I were at the game as well and were talking about the color of the flag as well as a preview.  He also bought his son a new Darnold Jersey and it came in that same color.  When he opened the package he originally questioned the color obviously different shade.

Was it like the Color Rush jersey?  

Snap a picture of you can.

9 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Created this gif from Sam’s latest Instastory. Helmets look metallic. Not sure how I feel.

To be clear: Our all whites like this weekend against the Colts are the best uniform in sports. Absolutely beautiful.

BC06504D-2A69-46CA-8D17-B4596970847A.gif

ugh.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

There is a very small part of my soul that secretly hopes the Jets pull out an all-time bad (to my tastes) new Uniform/Logo, and thus frees me from this lifelong curse for good.

I root for the laundry.  When I was a wee lad, I liked the Jets because they were green (my favorite color), not blue (which was meh to my 5-6 year old mind).

If the Jets do some garash modern urban style black uniform a la the Darnold jersey above, given my current mental state re: the Jets it might just be the final straw for me.  I would no longer desire to root for that laundry.  

A small part of me hopes for that.  Which says a damn lot, tbqh. ☹️

Lol

I picked them because they’re green too.

bump.

I've come around to their all-white for road games and the black practice jersey with some white around the numbers for the home games.

8660130.thumb.jpg.d4dac75e79b49a7bd54593f85b569f7e.jpg

Black and "Kryptonite" green look pretty sweet.

It's the same color as my putter:

0-1.jpeg

0-2.jpeg

0.jpeg

• Like 1

MLB had some really cool Memorial Day hats this year.  A nice "Army" green with a black and gray camouflage:

images.jpeg.0aa0b3d1324b140542233bb309a83919.jpeg

71YmJCgkG4L._SX466_.jpg.a588ea5d4264e0364d3f6f98b66ce624.jpg

Something else that could go with a military jet theme.

45 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

I would hate to get rid of the white and green unis. That's said, if we could have the black and green and the white and green I think it'd look great.

This is where i'm at.

All black with the light/lime green for home and all white with the light/lime green for road games.

Then have a light/lime green alternate when Miami makes us wear home colors for September road games.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Lime green?  Who's designing the uniforms the National Division of Highway Safety Team? 

I've been into it lately.

I play with a Vice lime green golf ball, threw some lime green grips on the clubs, and you've seen my putter.

wgrindblackhero730.jpg.108b240e87397610809631e9cd2c6893.jpg

Unknown.jpeg.a1d749d4f473c22f48ab192da187b901.jpeg

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

Huddles says hello. They animated and anthropomorphicized a Jumbo Jet airplane and meshed it with an Aviator that wore goggles and a red scarf. 

1983-NFL-Properties-Huddles-New-York-Jet

Ha!

Those were my bed sheets as a kid! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Warfish said:

This might finally do what 35+ years of losing couldn't, and finally sever my love for the Jets.

I don't live in NY, I haven't for 30+ years now.  I have no ties to that city.  I have every reason, logically (lol), to abandon this franchise for one closer to home, that I could go see games easily, watch on local TV, get local sports media reporting on, etc.

I don't because of history, and my original, juvenille, love of the green and white New York Jets.

Frankly, they truly fubar this uniform and logo thing, and produce some black+grey+neon chartreuse monstrosity.......I might just say f' it, and be a Reds....oh, right. :(

Damned if I do, damned if I don't I guess. 

I grew up in Chicago (80's Bears' heyday) and still chose the Jets as my team for three reasons:

1. They wore green.

2. They had an Irish quarterback.

3. They were 10-1 at the time.

-They got slammed 45-3 my first game as a "declared" fan.  Should've been a sign to back out of that commitment.

It was only my second season watching the NFL and I had no idea the Jets weren't a perennial superpower.

Anyway...  If they dropped the green, pre-Darnold, they would've lost me as a fan, but now they have me hooked.

I'd love to see the all-whites kept as road uniforms.

Do something radical with the home jersey, but leave the whites alone.

In Hard Knocks the Browns didn't have the stripe on their helmets.

They had to earn it in practice.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Very different.  See below

IMG_20190125_153358.jpg

Not digging the big ass collar and i'm already missing the vertical stripes.

53 minutes ago, Jetworks said:

The video from 1 Jets Drive shows a design board of past Jets logos and artwork; interestingly, also included are representations of the Knicks, Mets, and Yankees. 

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/one-jets-drive-creating-the-new-jets-uniforms

Another thing I noticed was that Adams wasn't wearing the cleats he showed off prior to the Pro Bowl when playing today. So maybe they really were a hint of the upcoming color scheme?

Probably just comparing the "NY" monograms.

Memphis' helmets are sweet:

MemphisExpress.jpg

Crazy how they have a better logo than us already.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, rayzor said:

This does look cool.  Much easier when you're not tied down by "tradition".  Odd logo though.  What does a jet plane have to do with Express?  Unless it represents Fedex Express.

I think it does represent Fed Ex.

Wasn’t Castaway based in Memphis?

He was the Fed Ex worker.

35 minutes ago, jetsons said:

for me it will ALWAYS Be Wesley... 

For me, it will always be James Dearth.

14 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

If they start off 5-0 they could wear clown suits or tutu's and nobody will care.

Not true.

I'd hate the clown suits even if they never lost again.

8 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

This is a really stupid, little detail but although I love black unis, I dont like the solid one color number. They remind me of high school jerseys. Would look much better with a secondary color (white) outline. 

Stupid little hang ups like this is the reason that fans will never, ever agree on a uniform. The only thing guaranteed about the new uniform is that a 3rd of this board will hate it, a 3rd will love it and a 3rd will say I dont care at all, just win. 

I'd prefer they stick to two colors.  If they go black they need to have black numbers outlined in green:

Black-n-Green-Sublimated-American-Footba

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company