Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Market saturation and age.

At this point, the majority of mainstream market (i.e. non-obsessive fanatics) folks who will buy, have bought. 

Without external influence, they will not buy again for some time, if ever.  The same uniform (or close enough) has been in-service for so long, that the majority of potential buyers is now quite small, comparatively.

A Uniform refresh, especially with a logo change as well, will generally result in a major increase in sales of merch, as both casuals and die-hards buy up the new stuff, and classicists buy up whats left of the old stuff before it's gone, thus providing a bump in revenues for the franchise, with increased sales for at least a few years from that point.  

After a few years, you're back to normal, market saturated.  And if the new stuff isn't popular, you still own the old log/uniform rights, and can easily go back, going through the bump process all over again.

The NFL is a business, remember, and sales of merch a big thing.

Occasional changes is a part of that, a part we've seemingly ignored/been immune to having for much longer than most.   

P.S. Our uniforms are not, by any objective metric, anywhere near "the best in sports".  There are polls on this every so often, and we never come close to finishing in the elite top tiers.  And the most vital poll, sales, is another metric we don;t rank near the top in either.  We fans may like it (or not), but the general sports fan public does not hold it in anything close to the high regard a portion of our fanbase does.

People buy the name on the back of the jersey and there are new guys every season. I'd imagine Darnold has spiked sales. Drafting nose tackles every season isnt exactly good for merch business.

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Stars drive sales too, no question.  And we've clearly lacked those.

But a Uniform/Logo refresh or change is the big ticket in merch sales.  Nothing else comes close.

The only folks who don't need it are those truly elite uni/logo teams that either can't due to history, and/or don;t need to because they're already elite-tier sellers.  We are not them.

His was the last Jets Jersey I bought.  No one on the current roster inspires me to make a new purchase (yet).

The Jets have a clean classic look that makes the franchise look better and more professional than they actually are. The Colts essentially have the same uniform as the Jets besides the obvious blue vs green and Horseshoe logo. No reason to change the simple clean look for the sake of it. Draft better players and score more touchdowns and sales will spike. The Bucs, Falcons, Titans etc all look absurd.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, slats said:

Jets and Colts are the only teams in the league -to my recollection- that have essentially only one color. 

Edit read that wrong

38 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

True. But they also need to change the logo back to the 80s one. The current one is terrible. It’s too busy and looks horrible on hats and tshirt designs. 

They would get sales from just that logo change. I don’t like wearing jerseys. And I’m always looking for throwback Merch instead of the current logo. Just looks cleaned IMO. 

If they keep the same uniform template, went to kelly green and went with a green helmet with the 80's logo I'd be cool with that. The two stripe pant is just classic football. Anything too busy is where it gets messy. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Philc1 said:

The Bucs uniform is fine the cream color jerseys were pretty hideous back in the day 

Agree about the jaguar uniforms they suk

The Bucs uniforms are a total disaster. They ditched the creamsicles for a good modern update with the pewter then flushed it down the toilet with their latest update.

• Like 1

Just now, Philc1 said:

The creamsicle uniforms were awful.  

Not a great football color but their Super Bowl Dungy/Gruden era uniforms were good. The latest ones are a mess.

21 minutes ago, slats said:

I will be as shocked as I am disappointed if the best the Jets marketing department can come up with is to reissue that lame-ass logo. Also hope they don't go with any of the alternative logos that have been floating around for a while now like: 

image.png or Image result for ny jets alternate logo

I'm really hoping for/expecting something completely new. Maybe a third color, if not something really bold maybe just a combination of hunter and kelly green. 

A third color? They tried that once with the black and it was bleh. Any additional 3rd color is already kind of taken anyways. We’d look like the Packers with gold trim, the Eagles with silver and The Hurricanes with orange. 

Teams also rarely change logos...pick one and stick with it. Tweak the uniforms if you must but any drastic change to some fighter jet and chrome college nonsense would look total Bush league which for the Jets would make sense unfortunately.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You know what would be pretty cool? If Chris Johnson threw down some coin and bought 100 of those concussion-mediating helmets that Goodell pretends don’t exist because the league is contractually hog-tied to Riddell for their Paleolithic trash gear.

Pretty sure all the teams have these- players still have the choice of wearing whatever they want. I think they finally retired some of the old models that were still around in the late 90's etc which are concussion buckets. Brady's been grandfathered in.

• Upvote 1

Some other variations the Jets have gone with:

C4mDixaWQAAyz1J.jpg:large

qb1GeVE.jpg

58401_10_lg.jpg

• Like 1

The Jets doing what the Mets did 20 years ago would make sense because it’s the Jets. 

The Jets current uniforms look professional. Even though the team is bad at least they have that going for them. Going 5-11 in World League/XFL uniforms isn’t a great look. Just look at FSU last night. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Different sport obviously, but black and green can work.

7b83b825cfe70ab302933bb089ce1bea.jpeg

Those are terrible, considering what the Celtic's traditional home and roads are.

• Upvote 1

On 9/6/2018 at 3:19 PM, Butterfield said:

Actually the Colts use gray in their facemask, so technically they are not two tone.

If the Jets went to kelly green and added a gray facemask ala the Namath uniforms, you're good. The Colts uniforms are pretty much flawless imo. Less is more. You dont see Alabama wearing hot crimson and black.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I will say this.  I find it kind of amusing how many people basically loathrbthis franchise and it's underwhelming and often heart wrenching history, but want nothing to do with distancing itself from the past from a brand/visual standpoint.

Because the current uniform is the only stable and appealing thing the team has to offer. 

The team has an expansion level roster and soon to be expansion level unform. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Lith said:

I don't care what uniforms they wear.  I just want them to win football games.  Pink floral prints would be fine with me if they could consistently win 10+ games a year.

Would you feel the same if the Bulldogs did that?

22 hours ago, Butterfield said:

Only a homer would think the jets have the best uniforms in the league.  It doesn’t even make sense for a team named the jets to have green and white as colors.  Other than the word “jets” on the helmets, what elements of the uniform represents the team name?

Whether it’s top 5 or not it’s at least classic and simple. Getting Oregon uniforms while you’re perpetually 5-11 and can’t score touchdowns just makes it worse. Just seeing who’s in charge of this it’s pretty much guaranteed to be bad. You don’t see the Bears or Colts “rebranding”

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

The only recent Nike rebrand that was an improvement was Minnesota. The rest have been disasters. 

Tampa and Tennessee both look like arena teams.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, slats said:

Did Nike do the fish? Because, while I dislike them the most, I have to say that their new unis are pretty sleek - outside of the name of the team on the jersey, which I really don't like. 

Yeah fair. They tweaked it this year and added more orange and it looks a lot better. However their throwbacks are easily their best sets.

The Lions also simplified and dropped the black accents. However from what’s been put out there it doesn’t sound like the Jets are going with simple. 

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

We're, literally, named after Jets planes.

A boring oval with "NY" and the italicized spelling of our team name is just that.  Boring.

What's wrong with a boring and plain logo? The interlocked NY I guess would be boring, but it's classic.

3 minutes ago, viffer said:

And boring.

The Bears uniform is timeless.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

My Penn State gear must be worth a fortune

Penn State borders too plain, but still a nice uniform.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Has nothing to do with agreeing with it.  Its happening and unfortunately most want it.  I love our unis but its a business and theyre going away for at least a little while. 

But that doesnt change the fact that they can look great.  Dont see why a change is met with so much whining, bitching and moaning about something we havent seen yet.  Nowhere is it written that they will be futuristic alien space colors, XFL or go full funkadelic.  What new NFL uniforms follow that script?  Jags, no.  Titans, no.  Cards, no,  Rams, no.  Fins, no.  Vikes, no.....

And the money from sales goes to shared revenue, not C&Ws pockets, as if that makes a difference given youre either buy a current version or next years version.

Jacksonville went space uniforms and they were so bad they had to hire Coughlin to get rid of them. The new Titans uniforms are terrible. Arizona’s current uniform is terrible. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

It was the Models in Times Square. They ALWAYS have MASSIVE stock of NFL jerseys for all the tourists. If you can dart through the crowds, I've learned over the years, you'll find some INCREDIBLE deals in that specific store location. 

Looking at the receipt:

Green stitched jersey was $75 down from $150

White Screen print Jersey was $50 down from $100

And the Toddler screen print jersey (pretty hight quality IMO) was $22.50 down from $45.

Merry ChRISTmaAs to ME!

And they had plenty of stock. 

Modells is still in business? sh*t. Is Hermans still around too?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Ah. . . . I recall the old Herman's at the Cross County Plaza strip mall up in Yonkers back in the late 80's/early 90's:

hermans_bag_hermansalumni-com.jpg

Got my first water canteen there for a camping trip when I was 8 years old

Fantastic photo. Any Pergaments or Service Merchandise paraphernalia? 

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Eric Allen is AWFUL.  I want that guy gone with the old regime, he's got the stink of Bowles and old-thinking all over him.

And he's talentless.  Watch him in interviews, he bobs his head without listening to what the speaker is saying, just waiting to ask his next inane question.  And did you hear him on those videos back in the summer where he's trying to be John Facenda in this low, documentary voice?  And you should have seen him in action at the Fan Advisory Board, he had no sense of the room and an agenda he wanted to push which none of us agreed with.

I think it's time for a bi-plane.

SAR I

I'm sure the Jets are looking for a guy willing to ask tough and nuanced questions. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I highly highly highly highly doubt that this is real, but someone on Reddit posted this asking if it was a legitimate leak, and I wanted to see the reaction here 😂😂😂😂.

c0UJ5zy_d.jpg.a2d6e47cb359b3ce684fdf513b7c7254.jpg

Hard to fake that. Not terrible I guess, but what’s with the orgs obsession with the fruity soccer stuff?

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

More than anything else I do not believe the Jets are going to walk away from the best throwbacks (perhaps #2, Chargers) in the NFL.  Which is what would happen if the base color of the helmet isn't white.

SAR I

They're not going to throw it back to the uniforms they wore last season.

7 hours ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

Is it really an April release?  Thought they would have done it earlier than that.

cF4.gif

• Upvote 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company