Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

24 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

It really surprises me how many people consider the current/Namath uniforms classic.  Just because they were around in the past doesn't mean they are classic.

There are not many subjects I can speak with a somewhat educated stance, but uniform design is one of them.  I worked for a sporting goods retailer for like 8 years, about half in the print area where we screen printed all sorts of uniforms for various sports.

The Jets current uniform layout is clunky and almost primarily used with uniforms that have 3 colors.  That has always bothered. 

This is just my personal preference, but I don't like the white helmets either.  Everyone has white helmets.

I'll tell you what (and I'm prepared to get buttfumbled into oblivion), I wouldn't mind if they added a third color to the mix. Not black (representative of the failed Coslet/Kotite regimes) or silver/gray (too Eagles), I'd go with orange, which not only could represent fire coming from our so-called Jets, but also would be a New York color as worn by the Knicks, Mets, and Islanders. And also Darnold's hair. 

Yeah, yeah, I know. But I'd actually like an alternative orange hat with their (hopefully) brand new logo. I like the Giants' unis with the white shirts and red lettering. Some teams do fun stuff with that secondary color (like when the Seahawks go crazy with their green). I think it could be cool. 

And I say this as a fan of our current uniforms. If (when) they change it up, I hope it's something really new - not the 80s logo or the alternative NY or NYJ they've had for a while now. Something genuinely original. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Drums said:

Orange? That's so drastic. I think it's a crazy idea but I'll get crazy with you, how bout red instead?

I think green and red is too Christmas-y, and god knows it's never Christmas for Jets' fans. 

And like I said, orange already has a place as a NY sports team color. 

And I'd start with just a little. Maybe in the logo and a taste on the jerseys or pants. Maintaining a mostly green + white thing. Then once it settles in, they can do crazier stuff with it. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets have a clean classic look that makes the franchise look better and more professional than they actually are. The Colts essentially have the same uniform as the Jets besides the obvious blue vs green and Horseshoe logo. No reason to change the simple clean look for the sake of it. Draft better players and score more touchdowns and sales will spike. The Bucs, Falcons, Titans etc all look absurd.

Jets and Colts are the only teams in the league -to my recollection- that have essentially only one color. 

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

it's not associated with any meaningful success since about the same time as the Beatles released Abbey Road

More like the White Album, released during the '68 season, or Yellow Submarine, released the day after Super Bowl III. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

True. But they also need to change the logo back to the 80s one. The current one is terrible. It’s too busy and looks horrible on hats and tshirt designs. 

They would get sales from just that logo change. I don’t like wearing jerseys. And I’m always looking for throwback Merch instead of the current logo. Just looks cleaned IMO. 

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

If they keep the same uniform template, went to kelly green and went with a green helmet with the 80's logo I'd be cool with that. The two stripe pant is just classic football. Anything too busy is where it gets messy. 

39 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

I'd take the 80's logo/uni in Hunter Green please.

I HATE Kelly green.

I will be as shocked as I am disappointed if the best the Jets marketing department can come up with is to reissue that lame-ass logo. Also hope they don't go with any of the alternative logos that have been floating around for a while now like: 

image.png or Image result for ny jets alternate logo

I'm really hoping for/expecting something completely new. Maybe a third color, if not something really bold maybe just a combination of hunter and kelly green. 

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

A third color? They tried that once with he black and it was bleh. Any additional 3rd color is already kind of taken anyways. We’d look like the Packers with gold trim, the Eagles with silver and The Hurricanes with orange. 

I'd hate the black again, and agree they wouldn't do gold or silver/gray for the reasons you cite. Probably won't be orange, although you could make a case for it as a NY team color (Mets, Knicks, Islanders). Also, the Jets originally chose their kelly green & white unis because Sonny Werblin was born on St. Patrick's Day - and the third color of the Irish flag is....  orange! 

But yeah, that's probably not happening. Lol. 

Like I said earlier, I'm pretty sure the Jets and Colts are the only teams out there with a single color (besides white). Not much you can really do with that from a design or marketing standpoint. Having a second shade of green as an additional color wouldn't surprise me at all. 

• Upvote 1

I hate the black. Seems like a lazy choice. And it reminds me of this guy: 

Image result for rich kotite jets

• Upvote 2

The Jets won't do it, and I don't care who disagrees with me, but I still think adding orange as the team's third color would be an awesome choice. It's a traditional NY pro team color (Knicks, Mets, Islanders), and could be incorporated into a Jet logo easily as fire emitted from a Jet engine. 

Makes for smart marketing, too. The way Giants fans can wear their red hats with their ny logo, or Steelers fans can buy yellow ones, Jets fans could get cool orange gear. 

The black is simply terrible. Bruce Coslet/Jerry Glanville fake tough-guy BS. 

Plus, teams wearing black get penalized more than any other color. As if the Jets need help there. 

14 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

you crazy, fake tough guy? What the hell are you talking about?

I can't tell if you are joking or not. 

The black and green one they are wearing right now are awesome and I be happy with that. Embrace the change, love the change. 

rebranding for this era is great. #facts

The black is ugly, fake tough guy crap. I want no part of it, but I'm bracing for it. Jerry Glanville and Bruce Coslet getting macho. Blech!

I'm not their market, anyway. I haven't bought a new piece of licensed NFL merchandise in quite a few years. So they don't care what I think.  

1 hour ago, SnackExchange said:

I'm not sure what this has to do with what I posted, but since you bring it up...

The Browns and Lions, both have "updated" jerseys. They both have that goofy Nike touch to them, which is exactly what's coming for the Jets. Also, the Lions did the whole black jersey thing once. 

Why? Why would it be cool for us to have black jerseys? When has it ever been cool to do what every other team has, is, or will be doing? 

Exactly. 

Eleven NFL teams currently include black as one of their primary colors. They don't need a 12th. Black is an ugly, uninspired, unoriginal color option. Plus, the Jets have already tried it, and it was probably the bleakest time in team history. Why go back there? 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Butterfield said:

D979C2B4-2284-480D-B725-FB2E5416E916.jpeg

If this is what they do, it's not worth doing. 

Jets don't need to throwback to the 80s-90s logo. It's not like that was a successful era for the franchise. If they're going to change the logo, come up with something brand new. 

I'd prefer a couple different shades of green to anything involving black or gray. Those are lazy, uninspired choices. And also, while the Jets have a lifetime winning percentage of just .453, it dropped to .351 when they added black. What's the nostalgia there? 

5 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

I grew up watching the Jets during that era (1886-present) and while I appreciate the nostalgia and understand YOUR association of "the losing years", I don't consider those uniforms and logos ugly.

The logo and green helmets were boring, and the black was horrendous. 

Throwing back to the uniforms that the franchise won a Super Bowl in made sense, trying to build a winning culture and all. There's nothing adventageous about going back to the 80s-90s logo. It stands for nothing but ineptitude. If they're changing the logo again, they should change it to something new, interesting, and modern. 

And no black. 

Of course, I'm bracing for that dull logo with a black outline because what else would these guys do? 

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

It's not meant to be "Advantageous" it's MEANT TO SELL MERCHANDISE FOR $$$$ by PANDERING to NOSTALGIA of the CURRENT Jets fan Demographic (30-50 year old who grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s, & the most likely of all fans to spend cash on the NY Jets for themselves or brainwashing their offspring to convert. You're not getting it, IMO, if you don't see that.

I was in junior high when they changed to that logo. Back then, every team in the AFCe had white hats, and the hope was that Richard Todd might better be able to identify his own receivers if the helmets were a different color. He still found A.J. Duhe just fine. So I'd be at the tail end of your demographic here, but I wouldn't be buying. Lol. It's the logo of Dick Todd and Dick Kotite. I understand your point, I just don't agree with it. And I think older fans (a group I also can identify with) would tend to agree that that whole era is best forgotten. 

But yeah, those black jerseys for the QBs are probably some forshadowing. These muli-green flags they're handing out could be another tip. I'm hoping for a complete redo on the logo, though, if they feel the need to change it (and it seems like they do). 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Image result for weird ny jets uniforms

I'd prefer a brand new logo on a white helmet, but I like these uniforms more than anything else I've seen. Keeping the opposite color numbers on the sleeve would make me happy. 

Memphis Express

Memphis Express of the AAF with a better airplane logo than the Jets' dopey 80s logo. 

• Thumb Down 1

14 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Eric Allen tweeted in the preseason that it would be a completely new look, and hinted hard that would include a new logo. I do think we are getting a kelly or lime green, and I think there will be a black jersey like the QBs are wearing. I also think there will be some nod to our Titans uniforms as well with maybe some blue or gold in an alternate jersey. I think the core jerseys will be green and white, just with new green and a new logo, and there might be a black alternate and a Titans influenced alternate. I think they will use possibly white, grey and black facemasks depending on the uniform

I do not want the black at all, but I agree with you that it appears to be inevitable. Don't see blue or gold incorporated, and really hope they don't add gray on top of the black. If anything, maybe two different shades of green to go with the black and white. 

I still think the coolest color add would be orange (a NY team color for the Knicks, Mets, Islanders), but they won't be that bold. 

10 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

How would orange even work?

Use it as fire out the back of a new Jet logo, then sparingly as an accent color. 

It would give them a lot more marketing options, which is the goal of this whole uniform changing exercise. Adding black doesn't do that, as every team -including the Jets- already has black t-shirts and hats. Adding orange would allow for orange merch, which would be fun. I like, for instance, the Giants' ny logo on a red hat. It's a cool, alternate look. Or how the Seahawks use their green. Having just green and white, or adding black, doesn't add anything like that. 

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

On the flip side, at least an Arena League Uniform would properly put the Jets Franchise in it's proper frame of reference, quality-wise.

Even the bad teams in the Arena League score points. 

9 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

I don’t know about the guy you’re talking about but the guy in front of him is wearing a grey jacket that says Jets on it. Wouldn’t be surprised if grey is a color choice.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Someone mentioned using the F16 fighter jets grey in the unis, I hope they go that route.

In the latest One Jets Drive video, they show the Jets in practice in jerseys, both green and white, where the numbers appear to be a gray/silver/white camo pattern. Potentially the biggest clue yet. It's towards the end, maybe 1:30 left. 

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Wasn't the Green because of Leon Hess & his logos were green & white?

No, it's because Sonny Werblin's birthday was St. Patrick's Day. Seriously. 

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

The only recent Nike rebrand that was an improvement was Minnesota. The rest have been disasters. 

Tampa and Tennessee both look like arena teams.

Did Nike do the fish? Because, while I dislike them the most, I have to say that their new unis are pretty sleek - outside of the name of the team on the jersey, which I really don't like. 

Screen shot from One Jets Drive... 

B0E2B576-41D0-4ABB-905C-52E74542AE83.png

B074E7F0-8623-45C3-B00A-F0847352ED54.png

2 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

The flags given out at the home opener and also the towels at the Bills game were both a lime green.  I hope that’s not the new color.  Yuck. 

If I were to guess, I'd think the lighter shade of green would be an additional color rather than the only green. Like how the Titans use two shades of blue. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, teptep said:

I can see the "bold" change to a fighter jet inspired logo and color accents as opposed to the airliner jet wing from the 80's.  It's been mentioned before that jet travel doesn't have the same cachet now that it did when the team was named in the 60's.  A military theme could be a big money maker, although I'd rather not see it.  

Along with the black QB practice jerseys, there's been video of the Jets practicing in uniforms with an urban camo pattern on the numbers. I think a military theme is coming. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I'm amazed how many seem to like the "Green and Grey" idea. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, of course, but I find that combo to be a horrorshow of muddy bleh.  That sweatshirt if hideous, as is every concept drawing I've seen of green+grey as the two primary colors.

The least interesting thing they could add would be gray or black. 

I suspect they're going with the second least interesting thing and adding a second, brighter green to the hunter. 

15 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the Jets are the only mascot in the NFL that isn't a person, animal or mythical creature

What exactly is a steeler? Or a brown? Or a charger? Or a bill? 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the Browns are named after a person Paul Brown 

Bills are a Bison (animal) 

Steelers are steel workers (people) they originally were the Pirates but the local contest changed it to reflect how everyone in town made a living 

Chargers is a gray area but the owner Barron Hilton named it after people yelling Charge at the USC games. IT's a stretch but it's named after people doing a cheer (or perhaps charging something like a beachfront) 

The Browns should then have a picture of Paul Brown on their helmets (I knew this, btw, still a ridiculous team name that basically signifies nothing). 

A bill is not a bison. A Buffalo is similar to a bison but that's the name of their city. A bill is something you pay, or maybe eat with if you're a bird. 

No one calls steelworkers steelers. They call them steelworkers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Vader said:

It’s interesting that a number of early NY teams were named the Gothams, including the football Giants and the Jets before named were bought by the original consortium in 1963 calling itself Gotham city football club. The Gotham’s were also a late 1800s baseball team.

This makes those Gotham City sideline sweatshirts seem less dumb. Thanks. 

8 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Maybe we are becoming the Gotham Bats, and will take sponsorship money from DC to tie our uniforms and team into the DC Universe as the official football team of the DC Universe. We will also half share the new stadium branding with the Giants when Metlife sponsoship expires and we will play at Gotham City Park.

Hmmm...  they already teamed up with Marvel. Might be a conflict of interest. 

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jets-announce-new-multi-level-partnership-with-marvel-entertainment

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Can we merge this with the other uniform thread??  Maybe pin it to the board too?

Merged before I read this post, lol. I see no need to pin it, though. Pinned posts generally seem to get lost. 

4 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Nike re-made UNT's look when Seth Littrell took over 3 years ago. It's like Oregon, but with simpler.

636458432639606119-Fine-Mason-101417-vs.

GettyImages-1029583464-1024x700.jpg

usa_today_10480950.0.jpg

9569789.jpeg

61Z8EwhlpTL._SL1000_.jpg

34 minutes ago, SAR I said:

They were bagged and tagged with "Riddell" shipping tags.  And if they are being sent off to goodwill they would have removed the center green stripe decals as well, makes no sense why they would remove the flag, Riddell logo, Jets wordmark, NFL shield, etc, but leave the center stripes on.

SAR I

I'll be shocked that if after the Jets dramatically overhaul their uniforms they wind up with white helmets with two forest green stripes. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Copernicus said:

Ken O'Brien, Boomer Esiason, Glen Foley and Testeverde all had difficulty picking up Jets Wrs complaining the green helmet and uniforms blended into the turf.

This is true. One of the reasons they originally went to the green helmets was to differentiate them from every other team in the division which, at that time, also had white helmets. So Richard Todd, instead of not being able to tell his teammates from his opponent now couldn't tell his teammates from the field. 

• Like 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company