Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

Maybe they’re just getting new uniforms without changing the design. Like the way I buy the same brand/type of socks again because the old ones are worn out or the dryer has made enough of them disappear.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Not directed at me, but I would like to see a new color green more like the Kelly Green. I would like it to be primarily green and white but I am open to adding a new color, but not black. That just seems so unoriginal and played out. I think either blue or gold from the Titans uniform could be used well if done sparingly, and would be a nice nod to our history. I would love to see a completely new logo. And whatever design it is avoid the whole patchwork quilt effect so many of the Nike uniforms get. 

Yeah I'd agree on the green. It was fine back in the mid-late 90s when the country suddenly discovered hunter green and used it everywhere, but it hasn't been "in" for some time. Also agree on using black as the dominant color. I'm meh on the blue/gold, though to each his own.

But then I don't really care all that much lol. They could wear pink and purple plaid with a heart-shaped logo for all I care if they win a SB. OK maybe not that, but you know what I mean lol.

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I would prefer a uniform with a lot of black in it,,,,, Black, Gun Metal Gray, and a highlight color thats not too ridiculous metallic dark green would work

Sounds like a 6 year-old's pajamas

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, slats said:

Along with the black QB practice jerseys, there's been video of the Jets practicing in uniforms with an urban camo pattern on the numbers. I think a military theme is coming. 

Was that just during camo week when every team wore them or was that from another time?

I don't really care that much, thought the rounded football logo is meh and reading the guessing is kind of entertaining. I agree with the guesses entailing gray as a dominant color (or at least as an accent) since gray is such an "in" thing right now. I could see them going with a gray jersey with green numbers. Don't know what that'd look like, though. Maybe horrible. Just did a quick lookup and the Celtics have a "city edition" uniform with green-on-gray, though it's with white outlines around the numbers and green trim around the collar/shoulders). Not the single best looking uniform I've ever seen, but IMO it looks better than the black with green numbers on the practice jerseys above. 

But like most, if we end up wining a SB wearing them I couldn't care less if they made the dominant colors fuscia and purple with a bouquet of flowers for a logo, and Sam grabbing his in-stance center by the hips & thrusting his own forward before starting his cadence.

OK maybe that might be a bit much, but it gives me some ideas for new wallpapering in the mod forum. I'll PM you. 

6 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Get rid of the current logo patched over the fighter jet and I think it looks pretty sweet.

I, too, always wanted the Jets to put clouds on the helmet.

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

We're, literally, named after Jet planes.

A boring oval with "NY" and the italicized spelling of our team name is just that.  Boring.

100%, the oval is dumb. It's like advertising this team doesn't know the shape of a football.

I think most are just used to it, and they mostly just don't want to see something trying-too-hard from overthinking like Tampa or Tennessee, let alone any of the Underoos-looking uniforms some teams have rolled out.

I get some fans having an aversion to anything to do with the pre-1998 era, but I always liked the wing logo.

Having an opinion aside, truthfully of all the things Jets to be upset about this doesn't register very highly for me on the importance scale. If they win a SB, I'd be happy even if the logo on either side of the helmet could be a glossy cross-section photo of a lower intestine, filled with fecal matter, ending at an anal sphincter around the ear-hole. There isn't much consolation in having a "classic" uniform while suffering through annual 5-win seasons.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Hippy.

Fighter Jets are Badass, fast, sophisticated, powerful, curttng edge technology that dominate the air. Kind of like how we want the Sam Darnold Era of Jets Football to be. Its a f*cking perfect logo.

Either that or a cartoon commercial jet with passenger window holes down the side of the fuselage.

Here, I found one; something like this:  

museum-shop.png 

About time we got back to our roots. I mean are we NY Jets or are we the NY Green Ovals, amirite?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I made this point earlier, but not as funny. When tgey changed the name to the JETS it was forthe Jet Age and all of the marvelously technologically advance aircraft flying over Shea. Such cool craft like the 707, DC-9, and other first gen sky busses.....lol.

Put the damn Glamorous Glennis 4 (Bell X-1 Rocket plane) on the Helmet if you don't want to give .001% of the population some kind of phony offense for having tp see a representation of Bad Ass American Airpower, then.

I was going to say a logo of a DC-9 but then I found that logo and had to change it lol.

21 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

After all these years you would think people would know that J&J has absolutely nothing to do with Woody or Chris, has nothing to do with the Jets and get not even one dollar added to their bank account because of the Jets.   

So not getting how we're screwed.   

I can't speak for him, but since the temporary/alleged WJ --> CJ power transfer as HJIF, I commonly use J&J as a play on words in reference to the 2 Johnson brothers, not the company, but I find it fitting specifically because there's the obvious name overlap with the company name. 

So it could fit as in lining the Woody Johnson & Chris Johnson - i.e. Johnson & Johnson - bank accounts, I guess if that's who he meant.

33 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, I guess that could be it.  I just hear and read so many references to J&J by fans who think the company is involved.  I read what he said and see it.  Thanks.

Now if we can get people to stop talking about who Woody will hire, how he'll screw it up etc, as if he's running the show.....LOL

He was running the company as a summer intern back when he showed up reeking of weed in his paisley and flip flops and long hair. Back when he had hair. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, greasyt said:

This looks like the grainy image from the video

DzI3h-sWoAEkBXT.jpg

Looks like lips or hamburger buns or a shelled peanut as much as it looks like a football. Or as @kdels62 said, a coffee bean.

Ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together for the New York Dicot Seeds!

Hopefully that was just what they put on the binder covers for the project and not the final version. It's not modern, it's not different. It's not even a logo; it's just italicized words with an oval around it, with the top & bottom of the "o" in York cut off.

If they want to improve the team, maybe from the top down they should learn that a football is pointy at the ends, not oval. Knowing the shape of the ball used in the sport would be an important first step I think.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yah until it's over 90 degrees outside, then we'll probably play flat.

nice

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company