Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I don't give a damn about the color all that much its the emblem this is the best in the NFL 

Image result for ny jets emblem pics

This logo is fine for a patch but not the main logo. I wouldn't mind if they kept this on the jersey where it currently is with an updated logo on the helmets. Would be a nice homage to yesteryear while still moving forward. 

Just now, johnnysd said:

Wouldnt hold my breath for that. Eric Allen said they are completely new, which implies new colors and probably a completely new logo. Expect to hate it.

I don't know man, I would be shocked if they went with a whole new color scheme. Besides the fact that they would be totally changing the identity of the team, I can't imagine there are much better color combinations out there that aren't already tied to other teams. EA saying completely new to me means that it is just a slight update of the ones we're wearing now, the design was conceived from scratch. Of course, I could be wrong but that would be a hell of a risk they are taking. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

Definitely could be a hint especially since the video has Josh talking about how does he like the black look.  If these are new unis for next year, I hope they are just alternate ones.

This really screams market testing to me. Doubt these would be the finished products anyway, would need a lot of refinement. 

1 hour ago, Butterfield said:

I like the wonder years as much as anyone but Kevin would be 62 today.  I doubt very much that is the audience that they are catering too.  Think new york city youth.  That is the future of the fanbase and they have to win them over now.  What are they looking for?

That's true...in a city with two teams, I'm sure the Johnson's are trying to up their market share of fans knowing that life after Eli might be rough for the Giants. Look at what the Nets did when they left NJ for Brooklyn:

From this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJgv-ZIrCSwb3YJDKhpNF

To this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmdX9JgfNUKXAW3OvBufv

we'll see if I am right

I don’t know about the guy you’re talking about but the guy in front of him is wearing a grey jacket that says Jets on it. Wouldn’t be surprised if grey is a color choice.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

If you watched the last episode of One Jets Drive (which I know came out like a month ago) I get the feeling that the uniform change is going to be very drastic. Here are some select quotes (my emphasis added): 

"How do we launch the next generation of the Jets?" - Nike

"We want to be exciting, bold, forward-thinking" - Neil Glat, Team President

"It is going to be a dramatic change" - Nike

For those who said the NFL requires 5 years of notice before color changes: 

"We kicked off this project in 2014" - Nike, 5 years would be 2019. 

"We felt it was really essential to create something new for the Jets" - Nike

"It's such a bold change, you don't do this very often, I can't remember in my lifetime the Jets making a change, anything like this" - Brand Director, NFL

"It's a really critical time in the Jets history and a chance for them to tell the fans who they are going forward" - Brand Director, NFL

They definitely won't be drawing any ideas from the past, everything is about new and moving forward. Will be interesting to see what they came up with over the past 5 years but I guarantee half of the fan base is going to hate it. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

when are they announcing this sh*t? Get on with it already...

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

They said in the Spring

Pretty sure they specifically said April already. 3 more months to go. 

35 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I read somewhere that the Jets are the only (maybe one more) team in the NFL with a single color uniform.  A little accent might not be a bad thing.  And don't look too closely or you'll notice the refrigerator-art version of the plane logo is on the jersey too.  Reminds me of this famous tweet:

The Jets and the Colts are the only ones. I think it was mentioned when we played them this year that it would be the only time that a game would only have 3 colors: Green, Blue and White. 

11 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Is SAR also the only person who lists his Jets Rewards Points next to his avatar?  That would be like listing my 800K in AMEX MR points on my Twitter profile.

How many points does it take to get an upgrade on a new 3 year BMW lease? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Cowboys are blue only too.  Any others?

Yeah but they are Blue and Silver...I suppose they don't count "white" as an official color since every team has some version of "whites" jerseys. 

15 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Also, I am very happy that I am the author of a 75 page thread, lmfao.  Feels like something special.

Just wait until the uni's are released! If the Mods merge any threads with this one we're talking 150 minimum. Can we buy stock in threads?

5 hours ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Man if there was some heather or gunmetal grey etching around the letters, and on the outer edge of that logo, I would buy anything and everything.

Someone did a fantastic job on this

Not sure if it was intentional or not, but the N and the Y a the center of the logo shares a resemblance to the WTC.  Nice subtle nod IMO.

Thought the same thing, it kind of gives off a WTC/Empire State Building vibe. I'm not in LOVE with it but with some tweaking could be very cool. Definitely one of the better "fan-made" mock ups out there. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

It will definitely be before the draft.  My guess is February but they may want to drag it out closer to draft time.

The one thing they did say was "Spring" so I'm going late March/very early April.

36 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Not true. Nothing heady to wrap your mind around here. Its marketing. Its a diversion from the losing. 2-3 seasons ago the tactic was  bragging about how their ticket prices weren't accelerating as fast as other franchises. Now this. Its all they can do from a marketing standpoint until they can field a winner. 

Kind of disagree. Is it marketing? Of course. But they could have chosen any point to actually make the switch, there has been A LOT of losing with the Jets so it wouldn't have been hard to find a time to do it. I truly believe that when the Jets started the design process 5 years ago, they had their sights set on 2019 as a pivotal moment to try and change this team's course of direction. I think the last few drafts were made with 2019 as the goal which is why Macc wasn't afraid to take 2 safeties back to back, the trade up for Darnold, the firing of Bowles, the clearing of cap space, etc. I don't think it's a coincidence that these all line up together. The Jets want the new uniforms to be the physical manifestation of the changes they have been making behind the scenes. 

The cynic in me would even go so far as saying the league will "allow" the Jets to be good in the next decade to have Sam take the mantle from Brady as the next star of the AFC East. Maybe some controversial calls start going our way. Who knows how much influence there really is from the story lines and marketing of a billion dollar entertainment league looking to maintain its place as most popular sport?

• Confused 1

By the way, for those who are wondering, in the very initial announcement of the uniforms last year the team said they would be unveiled in April. I know there was some discussion on timing and speaking for myself that was so long ago that I forgot. Unless a leak happens in March I don't see why they would change the date.

15 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:
I honestly don’t see why so many people care about this new uniform. It’ll either be good or it won’t be and we’ll find out in late March or early April. 

What else is there to really talk about until then? Y’all seriously wanna continue posting horrid and inaccurate photoshop models until then?
lets talk FA and the Draft a little more.

Free agency and draft require thought and consideration of others opinions. Let us have this Oasis of pure adolescent conjecture more fit for Teen Bop than a football website. We need this after the Kap and the two "I have gloriously returned from my bank" threads.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

Yeah the ‘all of the players have tried them on” sounds bogus as hell. There’s what? 60 to 70 players, and then there are all the people in the building when this supposedly happened. If you are going to keep a secret, you don’t do it by getting 100 or so people with twitter and Instagram accounts a sneak peek and then hope that somehow none of them will squel for the 3, 4, 5 or 6 months until the unveil. That many people do not keep a secret. It’s almost as far fetched as the moon landings conspiracies!!

Yeah no way they all did but Eric Allen did say some of the players have seen them. I trust his word since he is employed by the Jets, 

44 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Well, I know you're not my biggest fan. Lol apologies

I'm a fan of yours @Gastineau Lives. It's great seeing you back even though I enjoyed you going out like a 

Blaze_of_Glory__add_size.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

I guess that stripe represents a jet wing?

That fading "jet" stripe is playing a major role in all of their marketing which means it will definitely be represented on the uni in some way. It will be interesting to see where that comes into play. Stripe down the pants? Shoulder stripes? Will the helmet stripe start thick in the front and end in point in the back? 

Also, not sure if that font is the exact same one that we are using now but either way I like it. 

Edit: Also, the video and the Press Release basically confirm the Black Alternative jersey. 

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Best uniforms in the NFL are boring. (see Raiders, Bears, Chiefs, 49ers, Packers)

If Jets deviate much from what they currently have, they will be back wearing current uniforms within 5 seasons. 

Exactly...that "boring" quote actually gave me a sigh of relief.

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

After all this bullsh*t they better be good. 

Narrator - "They wont be."

17 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Because the last one wasnt?

Or the first one?

I'm just playing around...just a little Arrested Development humor. I'm looking forward to what they produce. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, KRL said:

Way too much is being made about these uniforms, 118 PAGES???

Don't worry Free Agency is only a week away...then we'll have a whole lot more to complain about. 

• Upvote 1

Taken from Reddit based on a Q&A Hughes did on The Athletic: 

[Hughes] The couple of players I’ve talked to have seen [the new uniforms] describe them as “sick” and “awesome” and “dope”. It’s a complete redesign - colors, logo, etc.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Matthew007b said:

So it sounds like it's just like that image one the desk photo during that meeting photo.... same logo..different color of green or shade.. possible green helmet and some new uniform design with the "wedge" or wing or whatever you call it... 

Agreed...I can see it being the oval with just JETS inside, removing the NY from the background and the football to make the logo much less busy. 

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

If this is true, makes me wonder why they had to give the NFL four years notice for the change. Isn't that notice only required for significant changes in color and design?

Going from Hunter green to an Emerald-like color would be considered a "significant" change. This is a multi-billion dollar business, they aren't going to let their teams change the shades of colors they use on an annual basis. 

• Confused 1

I posted a topic about this earlier today that got no traction due to all the FA moves but the Jets are doing a guess the schedule contest. Note the color scheme they are using for home vs away games:

Schedule-Guess.png&key=0edcf9cad8e53be4d

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, prime21 said:

No current Jet player is worthy of spending money on a jersey. Custom name is the way to go! Wait until these players have done at least 5 years before investing.
If u must, get a shirt with their names on it.

Nah man, just spend $35 bucks on a nice knock off from China. Enjoy the jersey for a couple of years and then when they leave the team or head to the AAF chuck it in the donate pile. Rinse and repeat!

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company