Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

My guess that this will be a pretty drastic redesign. I'm not happy about that - i love the 1998-2018 uni era but 20 years was a good run - uniform-wise at least.

I just hope they stay with green and white and nothing else.  Third colors with green as a primary are limited. We've done black. We don't need to do that again. The early 90s are dead and buried.  Grey/silver is already taken (eagles) as is yellow (packers).

The last unofficial "third" color was that experiment with the yellowy-green accent of the Generation Jets era.  I don't want that either. 

new_york_jets_generation_jets_1_kcs2g3ky

Black and green don't go well together.  And it would not be a new fresh look. It would be a return to the 90s/Kotite era.  No thanks.

I was a staunch traditionalist and loved going back to the future with the 1998 unis.  

But the advent of the pickle pants bastardized the uniform and the recent green tint change to some bizarre battle fatigue green has me ready for a new look.

As long as they don't change the primary colors (green & white). I prefer a silver or "metallic" third color (actual jets are made of metal) to black (too 1990s), but I'm ready for the change. I would prefer that it's not going to have 73 possible uniform combos but I assume that is what is going to happen.

As for the white helmets, that could be a total misdirection.  I would not assume the helmets are staying white.

I've watched the video countless times and the new color scheme is obviously going to be green, grey, black with a spattering of red.

Edited by Maxman
So we don't do politics here. We don't do assassination jokes. You been here since 2005 with incident so we will just delete this and move on. Avoid jokes like this in the future.
  • Thumb Down 8

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

So we don't do politics here. We don't do assassination jokes. You been here since 2005 with incident so we will just delete this and move on. Avoid jokes like this in the future.

Too soon?  I thought people analyzing the uni tease video as if it were the Zapruder film deserved a joke. But i respect your call.

But to be clear, I didn't make a JFK because he was a democrat, I made it because if he lived, he would have been a Patriots fan.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

The only thing one can take away from that video is that the new primary color is black.

Unless, of course, it isn't. 

But right now I expect on 4/4 we will see something like the unis in Any Given Sunday.

image.thumb.png.ab4c01ac521d8b5d86b0cfd78e17c70d.png

• Confused 1

I'm definitely ok with Emerald Green.  Basically color rush uni color, if this chart is accurate.

image.png.614895ff53a81542dd11c0dcb1c0f836.png

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

and then a player who has seen (and perhaps worn) the new uni says it looks like the Seahawks'.  Classic?  I doubt it.

As with anything involving the NY Jets, always best to follow a strict policy of hoping for the best while expecting the worst.  

Lowered expectations lead to sometimes being pleasantly surprised...  

As for your feedback, Seahawk-esque uniforms can mean a lot of different things from design, to color use, etc.  Not knowing what he is specifically responding to might translate into not being a complete disaster.  We shall see.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

a42e733012dcd036b55025e29f7240c3--vinny-

....days until new unis.....

(I spent way too much time looking for a picture of the Jets all-time leader in passing percentage to post......he also wore #16, but I could find one).

Gold star goes to the first person who correctly identifies who I was looking for.....

Brad Smith?

image.thumb.png.fda36822846c59bf09f136c1132782e9.png

10 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Good guess.....but....

image.png?w=400&c=1

So the guy you have in mind is actually tied with C-Mart if the benchmark is a minimum of 2 passes.  

SAR had officially retired from this thread.

His return reminds me of when Michael Jordan came back and played for the Wizards.

It's completely unnecessary and will only serve to tarnish his legacy.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

It is. It’s appeared before in the One Jets Drive video.

And the green is not any different.  Doesn't add up considering all of the clues already aggregated.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

943.gif

Didn't they give this abomination a name? Anyone recall?

Just now, funaz said:

Gameface

Of course it was ...  My lord.

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

Connecting a few dots based on tonight's cap leak:

1.  The Draft Day Cap matches the jersey that the draft picks are given.  There is no way that the Jets would provide a cap in that specific shade of green to a player who is holding a new Jets jersey in a very different type of green.

2.  The Jets are the only team whose cap crown is divided into 3 equal colors-  black being just as dominant as white and green.  So it stands to reason that black will be a color on all versions of the Jets new uniforms, not just the "black edition" we have heard about.

3.  There is no grey or silver on the hat, so it likely means there is no grey or silver on the uniforms either.

4.  Regarding the logo, the Tweet about "underwhelming" by those who have seen the uniform.  If the new duds are merely an iteration that is modernized, then the classic 60's logo tweaked slightly without the NY, with a different oval, and a slightly changed font dominance is consistent with that.

5.  Regarding the shade of green, the Tweet about "looks like the Eagles uniforms".  That sort of green with a lot of black in it looks almost identical to Eagles green.

SAR I

6. The "Cap Leak" occurred on April Fool's Day

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, SAR I said:

IMG-1168.gif

The German Logo is about the same amount of difference for the Jets as the new Dolphins logo was for Miami.   If someone wasn't aware of the Dolphins update and simply saw the logo on the right they would immediately know "Miami Dolphins".  Mammal, sun, teal.  For the us, it's J-E-T-S, oval, football, green.

The idea is to update/refresh a known brand. Not throw it completely away. 

SAR I

This comparison is inaccurate.  The Dolphins reimagined the old logo.  The redesign is modern and fresh while still reminiscent of the classic imagery.

The Jets draft cap logo is a minor tweak to the old helmet decal.  It isn't as much a logo as it's a font. The same font.

38 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

IMG_1632002.jpg

This reminds me of the "Jets" logo they had on the 50 yard line in the late 90s.  The Meadowlands people stripped out the "NY" because, you know, New Jersey. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 10.31.09 PM.png

• Upvote 2

Looks more like Michigan State then Oregon, but I don't hate them. 

Could do without the black unitard tho.

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

allgreen.jpg

Mockup of all-green, all-white, and all-black uniform combinations.

(Quincy be like "WTF?")

SAR I

white out unis will be lit. probably my favorite combo.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Matthew007b said:

That might explain why quincy is wearing under armor gear in a Nike uniform.. (possibly fake?)

Sent from my G8142 using JetNation.com mobile app

Good catch.

3 hours ago, funaz said:

They leaked. Here they are:

4xm6o5g6u1q21.jpg

The more I look at them, the more I see them as just a natural extension of the 1990s Coslet to Kotite era of uniforms.   

If the 1960s throwbacks never happened, this is what the Jets uniforms would have morphed into this century.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

At the end of the day, the fans will understand why he fibbed a bit.  This isn't an on the field thing he's lying about.  It's a fun event that, regardless of a leak, the team wants the people that were invited to show up to.  The better question is why would he ruin interest in it by confirming that they are real, effectively saying "Yeah guys, its real.  Just forget about tomorrow I guess"

why would he say anything on social media today?

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

Why would you expect a dramatic logo change? The uniforms are DRASTICALLY different. I am baffled by your response. 

Are they drastically different?

I mean, they look like a modernization of the Coslet unis.

image.thumb.png.7f86dbaad2be4152f99d9e0efb4af798.png

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

30% off sale going on Jets Shop 

it will be 50% off sale 25 hours from now.

10 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I surely enjoyed the money the Jets put on my swipecards,  Bought my rookie Darnold jersey with the leftover money because we buy very few concessions in the stadium.  But that has nothing to do with the rewards program.  That program flat out sucks.  As in, sucks ass bad.  They need to scrap it and just give all season ticket holders discounts at the Jets shop.  To hell with the crappy trinkets,  Don't want them.  

I thought the best part of the rewards program was on-field access, but after awhile even that gets tired.  

5 hours ago, Ghost said:

That breaks my heart. Anyway we can introduce this again? Like are we stuck with MetLife forever? 

Too late.

image.png.8e1d1eb90780a51256e6a4d935cfa6cb.png

29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That's what we just had since 1998, I put us Top 10 in the NFL.

The crying over the loss of the AFL classics took place in July.  It's April.  Comparing the new threads to all-time classics like the Raiders and Bears isn't the discussion.  We compare ourselves to a different class of uniform now, the modern class.

SAR I

We only had the classic look for 4 seasons.  They ruined them in 2002 when they introduced the pickle pants back into the equation.

May as well have something new if they are just going to bastardize the AFL/Namath look.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

I believe this thread has officially outlived its usefulness.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I only came back to this thread to say my 16 year old son thinks "the new uniforms are awesome, especially the black ones." 

I still think they look like an 21st century version of the Coslet/Kotite era unis - don't love them, don't hate them, but I understand my opinion is irrelevant.

My 16 year old loves them so the Jets probably nailed it.

• Upvote 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company