Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

On 10/7/2018 at 10:57 PM, BROOKLYN JET said:

Hopefully those gray hats is the color they go with.

That grey green and white would be much nicer than black.

It’s been quite obvious to me how much gray is being pushed out there. Caps and shoes etc. I think gray with colour rush green is going to be at least an alternate and as long as we go white shoes I’m good with almost any uniform.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

So what does our current logo have to do with a team called the Jets? How about a team that plays in New York? You thinking the logo is good is based on it's history and not how good it is. It is a design failure since a logo is supposed to conceptually align with the team and/or it's city, not just what they play. I've been designing logos for 20 years and it isn't subjective - it just fails from a design standpoint and with what a logo is supposed to communicate. I would bet the new one finally works conceptually and is much nicer visually. 

Would be interested in your opinion when it is finally revealed.

i live in the UK and there is an absolutely huge interest in, and market for, the NFL throughout Europe. Get on the tube in London when there;s a game in town and you’ll see every jersey in the NFL...Except ours.

kids are wearing Cardinals, Jags, Pats, Chiefs, Viking’s, and a lot of Seattle etc etc but I rarely see them wearing our jersey because it’s just so damn bland and boring.

cam’t want for the reboot and to see the J E T S Jets jerseys become the coolest garment in the NFL

8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Image result for new york jets camo helmets

Looks like it’s been left in the freezer overnight....or a garage full of pigeons

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

What is with the idiotic font? No one can read what you’re posting bro.

He’s like the Brad Pitt character in Snatch!....just jabbering away to himself while absolutely nobody else has a clue what he’s on about

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I grew up in Chicago (80's Bears' heyday) and still chose the Jets as my team for three reasons:

1. They wore green.

2. They had an Irish quarterback.

3. They were 10-1 at the time.

-They got slammed 45-3 my first game as a "declared" fan.  Should've been a sign to back out of that commitment.

It was only my second season watching the NFL and I had no idea the Jets weren't a perennial superpower.

Anyway...  If they dropped the green, pre-Darnold, they would've lost me as a fan, but now they have me hooked.

So basically, it was all going great until you got involved!!

😁

12 minutes ago, Vader said:

Import to note:

Nothing specific has been confirmed officially.

We know that the change process began in 2014, which is the NFL mandated timeframe for a change in color scheme. So there’s that.

Other than that, an NYJ PR operation has tweeted out teases for the 2019 uniform based on the 2018 practice jersey for QBs which was changed from red / white #s to black / green #s.

The Art Director at the NFL said “it was really essential to create something new for the Jets; it’s such a bold change.”

The Brand Director at the NFL said “You don’t do this very often; I can’t remember in my lifetime the Jets making a change - anything - like this. I think everyone is really pumped for this uniform design. I think when fans see this they’re going to be super exited, they’re going to relate to it, they’re going to feel like this is what the modern jets brand is and feels really right for today.”

Reading into that, there’s no way the uniforms will not be a significant departure from anything we have seen: this person was alive when the Jets switched from green and black and white with the 80s/90’s logo to the 21st century throwbacks, which was a drastic change. I would be surprised to see any derivative elements (any current or past logos for ex) based on these comments, except for retention of GREEN. I would expect to see something that has 

•textural contrast between matte and gloss or metallic and/or

•other texture/patterning/striping elements that adds a new dimension or wrinkle to the standard use of color and logo / wordmark.

I would be shocked if the redesign is just colors and logo but based on the old standards - standard and consistent helmet/face mask gloss, standard helmet and uniform stripes, block shaped numbers.

If the redesign doesn’t exceed what the browns and Vikings did (especially concerning adding matte finish to the helmet) and at least match what Seattle did 7 years ago, I will also be shocked.

Good post.

keep in mind though that marketing and design types will always talk it up as ‘bold, innovative and unlike anything we’ve seen before’ but saying that it’s very clear this is more than a re-fresh. I think you are onto something with the matt finish on helmets. Maybe a metallic/chrome helmet design a la the facemask and decal on the color rush helmets.

i’d be surprised also if grey is not introduced somewhere. Absolutely everywhere you look this year we have incorporated grey with Kelly green into hats, sweaters, jerseys etc.

Either way i’m Up for a change.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Funnier right from the NY Jets website titled helmets off for a makeover. 

Image result for new york jets off for a makeover

That’s simply a broadcasting tool. The helmets aren’t actually going for a makeover. It’s a metaphor for the change. Broadcasting/TV is all a big illusion, a cheat if you like

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

The fact that new uniforms has went this many pages just shows how bad our organization really is.  Hope Sam turns it around.

I think you just made the argument for how relevant the organisation is bearing in mind how many people care

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

DAMN IT! We're STILL ON PAGE 

gal_jets-falcons_7.jpg

POUHA!!!!

Eagerly anticipating 

FB6A5740-2E03-4398-AF47-566E009FDBBB.jpeg

12 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Leaks?  Its people guessing, no one has leaked anything.  Really think the same old logo is still in play and now is on each shoulder? Why would all of the players tried on the uniforms?  Like a prom tux?

Anyone with a twitter account says they know something, saw something and people fall over it reporting it as if its a scoop.  Guess what, the kind of moron who spews this shlt on the internet is precisely the type of clown the team would keep from seeing the uniform because they cant stfu.

Yeah the ‘all of the players have tried them on” sounds bogus as hell. There’s what? 60 to 70 players, and then there are all the people in the building when this supposedly happened. If you are going to keep a secret, you don’t do it by getting 100 or so people with twitter and Instagram accounts a sneak peek and then hope that somehow none of them will squel for the 3, 4, 5 or 6 months until the unveil. That many people do not keep a secret. It’s almost as far fetched as the moon landings conspiracies!!

1 hour ago, JetFreak89 said:

Yeah no way they all did but Eric Allen did say some of the players have seen them. I trust his word since he is employed by the Jets, 

It’s possible they’ve seen some concepts but even then i’d imagine the absolute finished article hasn’t been widely circulated.

2 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

They also showed all black helmets, which I doubt are ours 

Thought they were more of a charcoal grey myself!

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Don't think this new video left any clues.  They obviously make helmets for many teams from all levels so you can't assume they were only working on Jet helmets. And i don't think you get matte helmets by buffing them matte.  That's how you prep them for a re-paint.   That last scene only showed the current helmet with the current logo removed.  Simply indicating something new is coming.

The clue is in the editing. The sequence signposts very clearly the white helmets heading into the ‘paint’ area, the next shot is a cutaway, semmingky randomly, of a batch of charcoal grey helmets....make of that what you will but professional VT editors don’t chuck those shots in at random, especially not in well produced ‘teaser’.

my god I can;t believe i’m actually forensically dissecting the meaning and nuance of this. Can we just fast-forward to the reveal already!

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I did see that they showed the helmets on the belt about to be painted indicating that they won't simply swap in a new decal on our current white helmets.  It was mentioned that the gray helmets they showed were kid's helmets.  Just filling space in the video or a hint?  Who knows.  I just don't believe the organization is spending that much time trying to drop hints or misdirect us into thinking what the uni's will be.

That would be an extremely random shot to just throw in at that point for it to be ‘filling space’ which you don’t really do anyway.

Again this is a team sanctioned teaser that will have been signed off by a producer or head of media output who either did the edit themselves or was sat in during the process. None of those shots happened by accident especially considering this is such a high profile rebranding and extremely important moment in the franchises history, and the placing of the charcoal colour helmets at that point in the sequence is interesting to say the least. If I had to guess it’s subtle signposting in an attempt to soften up everyone before the big unveil, and of course the continued teasing just keeps ramping up the interest, hence 100 page threads on uniform changes.

Then again, maybe someone is just trolling the sh!t out of us!

After everything that’s been said about the helmets here and with everything we now know I too took the liberty of contacting  one of the helmet manufacturers and from what they told me it’s absolutely clear we are ditching them altogether and going helmetless in 2019.

Probably replacing them with a drab olive green leather skull cap like Jim Thorpe used to wear!...it’s certainly a bold and dynamic uniform change and would be a suitable nod to history 

You heard it here first 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Will the flight crew be getting new uniforms too?

I’m hoping they go with no uniforms!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, rayzor said:

Someone mentioned this on another topic but that is a new set color on SNY Jets Nation.  Coincidence or our new colors??imageproxy.php?img=&key=39cf8ad10baac159

D16FA78B-D671-4414-9652-AC50A9A6F1C5.jpeg

Looks a lot like Robby Anderson’s new car

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J_Smith said:

So far I’ve learned the history of anti Semitic terms, great places to live in South Carolina, other poster’s wealth, how to write a haiku, how many syllables in “our”, and a little bit about what the new uniforms look like

140 pages and about 6 months(or is it 20 years?)summed up in less than a paragraph. Outstanding effort Sir

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Same here.  Remembering the last uniform change and how low key it was especially.  I get the internet and a site like this has changed the landscape but this is off the hook with all the interest and all the varying different looks, colors etc that fans want to see.

Going to be hard to come up with any kind of consensus on what people think about the uniforms, just hope that even if you dont love them but they look acceptable they dont burn Modells down

I always think the uniform looks better in a match situation than on an unveiling, a lot of folks will hate it at first look but by the time they see it on game day will have come round....a bit like the Gase hire!!

As one of the few UK/European Jets fans I’m hoping this uniform is such a statement that I start to see kids in London and elsewhere wearing Jets colours more often.

We have always been a bit of a secret society in the UK us Jets fans. When you see someone in Europe wearing a Jets cap or Jets colours it’s almost like ‘holy crap, there’s more than just me!’ Even in recent times you get the tube in London, especially on an NFL London day and the whole city is decked out in Pats, Dolphins, Raiders, Cowboys, Niners, Steelers, Texans, Cheifs(Mahomes a lot last year) jerseys, but it’s rare to see our Jets.

The one exception was on the day we played Miami at Wembley when I was shocked how many Jets fans there are actually out there. It was a proud moment and I’m hoping the combination of Darnold, Bell, whoever we take with the No 3 pick and this new uniform changes all that and we start seeing International fans really get behind our Jets

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

True, he could be making it up. But then again, maybe we have a multicolored helmet that is difficult to describe. I lean towards fake, since it does not really align with other snippets.

Check out the Florida State helmet which is a kind of two tone matt effect. Actually very cool. If it was something like that it would be interesting 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company