Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

9 hours ago, teptep said:

Yes.  If Darnold is really that good, the rebranded look will be how the team is remembered for a long time.  

I think they'll either go with a military-esque literal look or a retro Kelly green.  I'm hoping for the latter.

yep.  no matter what we think of them when they are introduced we will love them if they are the uni's Sam is hoisting Lombardi trophies in.

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

In a true twist of irony however my wife bought me a black Chrbet jersey that was awful like 15 years ago. Would be funny if it actually became in style 

it would be awful today too:mrgreen:

13 minutes ago, slats said:

I hate the black. Seems like a lazy choice. And it reminds me of this guy: 

Image result for rich kotite jets

when I see the black trimmed uni's all I think of is 1990-1997 which included the following events:

-Dennis Byrd injury

-Al Toon concussion forcing him to retire

-all the blown leads(though Bowles is bringing us back to that era) 1990 Cincy, Buffalo, 1991 Bears, 1992 Miami(Pete Carroll choke sign game), 1993 Philly, Raiders, 1994 fake spike, etc...

-blowing the 1993 season w/ 3 straight losses needing 1 win which included a win and in game against Oiler backups when we got humiliated(the game where Buddy Ryan punched Gilbride).

-Bruce Coslet

-Rich Kotite

-Pete Carroll

-winning 4 games in 2 seasons in 1995 and 1996

-Neil O'Donnell

on and on and on and on.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

What does it look like? Post a picture?? 

It's probably this one:

s-l300.jpg

54 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I don't think they will  go retro.  Hopefully Darnold is the start of a new era so they may go with a new design.

I agree but I'd love the 80s style uni with the current darker green

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Sam is 1-0 with a white face mask.

i'm just sayin

The Jets are 1-0 in all white and 1-0 in all green, 0-3 when they mix pants and Jersey color.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nj meadowlands said:

44023641_10155647806696231_2060868090513

I believe they have used that shade of green for years.  A few years ago they changed the banner that runs along the wall separating the field from the seats and it had that shade of green in it so I'm not sure this is an indicator but it could be.

UNI thread stand up!

The Jets are really not being subtle anymore about the fact that they're going to a brighter green next year. The SBIII banner they unveiled at halftime kinda sealed the deal, if you ask me.

With the SB III 50th anniversary logo it has mostly current green and the lighter green for "1968 championship team"

https://goo.gl/images/XVrpvA

Actually, our current color is absolutely putrid, and cool uniforms are something that most fans care about. But ok.

Our unis were the best in the league until Nike ruined them a few years ago.

17 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Interesting point.  don't know if I've ever realized that before. 

That's a lot of the reason why the Jets should stay GREEN!! We were different than the rest of the city's teams. We are the bastard step child. I'd rather keep our uniqueness and win with our own brand like Jon Snow as opposed to trying to be like the true born stark children and wear the same colors a them!  

STAT GREEN JETS!!

image.png

I would be shocked if green didn't remain our primary color

1 hour ago, Vader said:

These helmets are hot. The green chrome is Kelly green and it makes a huge difference 

Whenever I see Kelly green I see losers.  I know we won the SB in that color but from 1970-1997 we didn't do much else and were terrible in many seasons.  When I see that lighter green I see the kotite teams, we haven't been good in a while but I associate the darker green with success- 1998, 2009, 2010 and all the other plays playoff apps.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And the poor London fans keep having to see Jacksonville.  If the NFL is going to try to market the game overseas, WTF are they thinking with that?  I don't really care about marketing the game overseas btw but it's not a great incentive to wake up early to watch the game when it's Jax.

Those fans are used to soccer games and the most boring NFL game is more exciting than the most exciting soccer game.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

I'm not a Jets fan, but I LOVE the 80's kelly green...and I don't usually like a logo that is in fact a word....but the JETS in that angled wing font was a pretty cool logo....seems big time new york like instead of smller town military base type.  I remember watching the Jets and mark gastinueau destroy my Chiefs in teh 86 wild card wearing those uniforms and I always thought they looked really sharp in those.

The Jets wore white that day, they used to wear white at home from 1985-1989.

I agree on the logo, I love the 80s logo.  Where I disagree is on the lighter green, I hate it and when I see it I see losers.  I know we have sucked most of this decade but since going to the darker green in 1998(21 seasons) we have made the playoffs 7 times, won 7 playoff games, been in 3 AFC Championship Games, won our only 2 AFC East titles, had 13 seasons of .500 or better and had 8 losing seasons(w/ 3 coming these last 3 years).  From 1970(the 1st yr of the merger) through 1997(28 seasons) in the lighter green the Jets made the playoffs 5 times, won won 3 playoff games, made 1 conf championship Game, won zero division titles, 12 seasons at .500 or better and 16 losing seasons.

I wish we'd go w/ the 80s style uni w/ the current darker green.

2 hours ago, teptep said:

I feel that the dark green is drab. I'm partial to the 80's uniform/logo, however I really like the current uniforms with the color rush variant  (minus the shiny helmet logo) better than the normal hunter(?) green.

Only time will tell if the new uniforms will be some garish abomination or a breath of fresh air.

I'm guessing they will go back to lighter green, hopefully not too light. I just prefer the darker one, to me they symbolize the greatest stretch in team history (1998-2010) but I think I'm in the minority.  We'll see in a few months, I hope it's not a crazy change like TB

1 hour ago, Vader said:

i think the blue grey u talk about is a gunmetal grey which is a bluish toned gray but ppl react to the “blue part” negatively.

i think darold’s been wearing the colors in practice all along. the black and green jersey (may be a slightly dif green - more pop to it) and the slate/gunmetal sweats and under shirt.

its a nice combo

image.png

Ultimately if they win we'll like them but I hope the new unis look nothing like this.  Black and green is hideous

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

The NY Jets are GREEN/white adding in black is ok, gray or blue no way. 

The black trim in the 90s was ok but not as good as just green and white.  Black as a primary color would suck.  New unis are fine but we can't abandon the color scheme too, can we?  

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 6:21 PM, johnnysd said:

I don't want it (and its not happening) but watching this board implode after the Jets announce the new colors dont include green would be epic

I am afraid of what they are going to unveil, I know I'm going to hate it initially but if we become a winning team the uni's will look good.  Just win, all the other nonsense will take care of itself.

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I grew up in Chicago (80's Bears' heyday) and still chose the Jets as my team for three reasons:

1. They wore green.

2. They had an Irish quarterback.

3. They were 10-1 at the time.

-They got slammed 45-3 my first game as a "declared" fan.  Should've been a sign to back out of that commitment.

It was only my second season watching the NFL and I had no idea the Jets weren't a perennial superpower.

Anyway...  If they dropped the green, pre-Darnold, they would've lost me as a fan, but now they have me hooked.

Your first game was the 45-3 massacre?  in the interest of Jet fans worldwide is there any chance you can become a Bears fan?:-D

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, heymangold said:

i'm an oregon fan, so bold isn't an issue - that design from instagram isn't bold, it's hideous.  

Oregon is why we have this uniform mess to begin with when they started the 60 different uniform combinations and ruined uniforms forever.

20 minutes ago, heymangold said:

i'd say it's more nike's fault then the university.

Nike and Oregon go hand in hand.  It worked out great for both Nike and Oregon, I don't blame them one bit.  I just personally hate all the different uni combinations.  Sometimes you can watch games and not have a clue who is playing unless you look at the scorebox. 

7 minutes ago, Stark said:

Something I am thinking.....

If we are going to have new uniforms and have been announcing it for a year. To me, and this is my opinion, but......

We would probably want to "show" them before the draft so that at the draft we have the new jersey on stage and fans at the drat could have the "new look". I would guess the uniform announcement would come after the combine and maybe right at the league new year.

They will be revealed before the draft.  The last time we unveiled new unis in 1998 they did it in February.  My guess is they will be unveiled in Feb or March but definitely before the draft

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Sign me up too

I can live with that.  Of the examples I have seen this is by far the best.

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

2018-Uniforms_NIKE-Sports_Twitter_FP.jpg

ducks-2018.png

I think what they've done with the Ducks is very fresh and interesting especially in a limiting color like green.  I like the helmet applique; it conveys the feeling of flight, I expect something along these lines for the J's.

SAR I

Those unis couldn't be uglier, Nike and Oregon have ruined uniforms.  Let's hope the Jets don't follow a similar pattern

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Is this different than the "leaked" image from yesterday that was being discussed?  I cant get to see this image at work.

Can anyone post the image locally here?  It would be much appreciated.

Very different.  See below

IMG_20190125_153358.jpg

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I would be fine with this but I am afraid they are going to be more elaborate. 

I doubt they will be this simple.  I am expecting to not like them but like I said months ago it will come down to if we win in them.  If we win we'll eventually love them.  

13 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Ranked 11th in worse to first. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-redskins/photos-ranking-all-32-nfl-uniforms#slide-28

Not having the superstar marquee players and franchise QB for years has hurt jersey sales. 

Darnold,Adams and winning some games should change all that. 

Unless these new uniforms are horrible. 

It also didn't help that they announced a uniform change last year so most probably wanted to wait to get the new stuff when it comes out.  If they didn't announce the change they would have been much higher on that list.

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

I have a super duper secret source that says its not!

I think he is saying the green in the number is the new green they will be wearing not that the black and green Jersey will be the new Jersey.  That's how I interpret this post

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Stark said:

Plus I would think that the JETS would want fans to be able to get the new gear before the draft. 

It will definitely be before the draft.  My guess is February but they may want to drag it out closer to draft time.

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

I think its going one of two:-

March with Big FA Splash (to get Lev Bell in new Uniform ,Pictures etc, to sell the new jerseys).

April before or after the Draft.

Any thing that gives the Johnson's their ego boost, "The Max treatment",

I think they will want to present the new FAs with the new jerseys at their press conference.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Wings, engines, contrails, runways, captains stripes....I’d start thinking about this type of “theme” from Nike. Something theatrical like they’ve done for the Ducks. 

Not saying I like it, just saying it makes sense. “Bold and energetic”. Two teams in the same town. A theatrical city that’s the fashion capital of the country. A bad culture needing more than a facelift.  

Add it up, I don’t see us getting a mere stripe change or some 80’s thing. I think we’re going full-Oregon. 

SAR I

Nike has ruined uniforms and it started with Oregon.  They better not go full Oregon on our new unis.  I hope the people from the Jets have more sense than this.  

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Is Nike doing our new uniforms?  I'm worried if so.  Can you imagine if we end up hating our new uni's?  And in the past couple of years I've thought the Jet uni's never looked better.

The absolute worst jerseys in all of sports.  The crazy thing is that I could absolutely see the NFL eventually changing the uniforms to the crazy ones we see proposed on certain websites that try to re-imagine/modernize all NFL uniforms.  I don't think that day is far off, actually.

Yes Nike is involved but ultimately it's up to the Jets.

It will all come down to how they play in those uniforms.  If Sam is hoisting a Lombardi in a few years we'll love them,if Sam turns into 2012 Sanchez and the team continues to suck we'll hate them.

• Post of the Week 1

57 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

It will ALWAYS be Rob Moore for me, even though Wesley Walker was more fun to watch. 

James Dearth is the best to wear 85 in team history

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

I would not hate this at all.  In fact, of all the garbage I've seen posted in this thread, this is heads and shoulders above everything.

I like the Jets patch we have on the jersey now but this much isn't terrible.  I hate a black alternate though.

Haha, Jason Taylor didn't make a single big play for us.  He was a big waste of space and yes I remember him going unblocked to force a safety and I think he fell on ben after been fumbled for another safety but those plays were dumb luck.  He never did anything significant for us.  The best thing Taylor did was go along for the ride to the AFC championship game so we could tweak phin fans he made it further with us than he did in Miami.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company